Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Spaceman Future! posted:

1.0 bards had raise since they could cross WHM and raise wasnt restricted.

1.0 bards also had animation lock issues like you wouldn't believe. Im glad there is no more 1.0. None of this is relevant.

It's okay, some dude is making a 1.0 private server so you'll be able to relive it soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Boten Anna posted:

1.0 was a boardgame more than anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW5DnpidMiY

Whenever I see gameplay of 1.0 I have to wonder how nobody, over the course of its entire development, took a step back and said "Y'know, this is not fun. At all".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Volt Catfish posted:

It's okay, some dude is making a 1.0 private server so you'll be able to relive it soon.

I'm morbidly curious. Sometimes you need to see a trainwreck with your own eyes.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

bonewitch posted:

Whenever I see gameplay of 1.0 I have to wonder how nobody, over the course of its entire development, took a step back and said "Y'know, this is not fun. At all".

Tanaka.

Someone finally did, and that man was Yoshi-P.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm morbidly curious. Sometimes you need to see a trainwreck with your own eyes.

http://seventhumbral.org/

Also stat sticks on casters/healers is always a bad idea. Hm yes got this cool rod strapped to my back but I'll just cast everything by lazily touching my temple, that's fine.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
It's not a 1.0 video without the party comp being 50%+ Black Mages

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
So, uh, I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but I've seen a lot of posts about how MCH has to keep spamming 1 over and over until it work, then hit 2 and pray that works as well before ever hitting 3. That's not how it works

:siren:MCH does not have a 1-2-3 combo, each skill independently has a chance to give you a buff that increases the power of the next skill. You can spam Slug Shot over and over between ammo cooldowns and it will proc Clean Shot boosts just fine without ever touching Split Shot.:siren:

Additionally, because it works on a weird buff based system rather than as an actual combo, you can hit, say, Hot Shot in between skills and it will not drop the buff. For that matter, you can even have both the Clean Shot and Slug Shot buff up at the same time. Again, sorry if this is common knowledge but I didn't work it out for a while and wanted to let people know.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Mr. Vile posted:

:siren:MCH does not have a 1-2-3 combo, each skill independently has a chance to give you a buff that increases the power of the next skill. You can spam Slug Shot over and over between ammo cooldowns and it will proc Clean Shot boosts just fine without ever touching Split Shot.:siren:

This is a bad idea. Unprocced 2 and 3 have only 100 potency, while 1 has more (140 I think?). 1 + procced 2 has more potency than unprocced 2 + procced 3. Don't try and skip through the combo and think you're clever: you are seriously screwing over your potency.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Mr. Vile posted:

So, uh, I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but I've seen a lot of posts about how MCH has to keep spamming 1 over and over until it work, then hit 2 and pray that works as well before ever hitting 3. That's not how it works

Additionally, because it works on a weird buff based system rather than as an actual combo, you can hit, say, Hot Shot in between skills and it will not drop the buff. For that matter, you can even have both the Clean Shot and Slug Shot buff up at the same time. Again, sorry if this is common knowledge but I didn't work it out for a while and wanted to let people know.

Not to be rude but literally everyone figured this out by day 2.

Also unproc'd Slug Shot is lower potency than Split Shot so thats why you spam 1.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Boten Anna posted:

Tanaka.

Someone finally did, and that man was Yoshi-P.

Tanaka cannot fail, only be failed.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

bonewitch posted:

Not to be rude but literally everyone figured this out by day 2.

Also unproc'd Slug Shot is lower potency than Split Shot so thats why you spam 1.

Ok, I figured it was probably common knowlege but wanted to make sure.

TooManyUzukis posted:

This is a bad idea. Unprocced 2 and 3 have only 100 potency, while 1 has more (140 I think?). 1 + procced 2 has more potency than unprocced 2 + procced 3. Don't try and skip through the combo and think you're clever: you are seriously screwing over your potency.

Well drat, I should have done the maths before posting. Oh well.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Mr. Vile posted:

Well drat, I should have done the maths before posting. Oh well.

Where that information DOES come in handy is during the MCH rotation/opener, which is 121323. Gauss Barrel adds a cast time to all non-procced shots unless you use rapid fire. By opening with rapid fire, reload and using 121 as your first three attacks, you guarantee all 6 shots in your rotation are instant cast:

1 (instant by Rapid Fire, procs 2)
2 (instant since procced, procs 3)
Rapid Fire wears off
3 (instant since procced)

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Tanaka cannot fail, only be failed.

We have all failed Tanaka, and now our punishment is playing the amazing game that's what we all wanted in the first place.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Also weave Split inbetween your Hot Shot and Lead Shot to fish for procs without firestarter-ing your casts

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

bonewitch posted:

Based off my knowledge of Bard: It's a dps increase assuming you don't need to move for longer than a gcd or two, depending on procs.

It's even better for machinists because the attacks that are exclusive to it are off-GCDs and don't have a casting time, and you don't have a casting time on your 2 and 3 combo procs either. So it's really just lead shot, hot shot and split shot that you have to be careful about. And even if you are interrupted by movement, it's not as bad as bard because your turret is still plugging away.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

TooManyUzukis posted:

Where that information DOES come in handy is during the MCH rotation/opener, which is 121323. Gauss Barrel adds a cast time to all non-procced shots unless you use rapid fire. By opening with rapid fire, reload and using 121 as your first three attacks, you guarantee all 6 shots in your rotation are instant cast:

Rapid Fire wears off

But if you know you can stand still and want to maximize potency, you should always go 1-2-1-3-2-1-3-2. That way you end up with procs on 2 and 3 after you run out of ammo and can fish for one last 3 proc before going back to repeating split shot or refreshing lead shot or whatever else you need to/can do.

And you should always use reassemble on the first 3, when you still have ammo, since ammo adds 20 to the potency of any attack it's used with.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
How much is a server transfer for a European player using euros?

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 27, 2015

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Volt Catfish posted:

Mildly interested, if only to see what my character would have looked like with its superior graphics engine.
Unless they don't plan on having 20,000 p poly flower puts in which case what is the point

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Spaceman Future! posted:

1.0 bards had raise since they could cross WHM and raise wasnt restricted.

1.0 bards also had animation lock issues like you wouldn't believe. Im glad there is no more 1.0. None of this is relevant.

Who the hell was talking about 1.0? Nothing from then matters. I was responding to someone who said Paladins could raise, which is correct but only out of combat.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Zerilan posted:

How much is a server transfer for a European player using euros?

£12.00 (€14.00 ) per transfer, according to http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/help/option_service/world_transfer_service

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Someone on the 1.0 server get a picture of pre-nerf cat butts that doesn't have its camera angle carefully selected to push an agenda.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

kirbysuperstar posted:

http://seventhumbral.org/

Also stat sticks on casters/healers is always a bad idea. Hm yes got this cool rod strapped to my back but I'll just cast everything by lazily touching my temple, that's fine.

I... kind of want to play this, to see how truly awful it was.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

seiferguy posted:

I... kind of want to play this, to see how truly awful it was.

It doesn't have much of anything, you can just kind of wander around but there's no NPCs or anything and the combat doesn't even work. It's been a while since I tried it but it doesn't look like much has changed then. If you get it working, definitely check out Mor Dhona and Coerthas, it's very interesting to compare them then and now.

I tried to give it a go just now but it just crashes upon launch, my 970 just can't handle the shader code on the flowerpots :911:

Konig
Feb 24, 2012

This stink up's mega
bam-bam to the J-Stop
Just bought a month, I live in Aus so I'm trying to get onto Tonberry where a couple of mates are, is this a hopeless endeavour or is it just a matter of getting lucky with time?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Thanks. Debating a transfer to Excalibur if my current FC doesn't really start getting more active in trying to do savage, but have a non-goon friend in Europe I convinced to play and don't want to leave behind if I server transfer.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bring them with you. It's what's I've done with all my local friends.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Konig posted:

Just bought a month, I live in Aus so I'm trying to get onto Tonberry where a couple of mates are, is this a hopeless endeavour or is it just a matter of getting lucky with time?

There are three ways to try and get on a high populated server. 1) Attempt to make a character at random times hoping to get in. 2) Make a character after servers come up from maintenance (there is one tonight) 3) Start playing on another server and pay to transfer after 3 days

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

cheetah7071 posted:

Someone on the 1.0 server get a picture of pre-nerf cat butts that doesn't have its camera angle carefully selected to push an agenda.

I kind of miss belts being their own visual thing.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Kaedric posted:

It made everything look dweeby as hell because belts are for dweebs, unless you wear them correctly like Lulu

Konig
Feb 24, 2012

This stink up's mega
bam-bam to the J-Stop

Etrips posted:

There are three ways to try and get on a high populated server. 1) Attempt to make a character at random times hoping to get in. 2) Make a character after servers come up from maintenance (there is one tonight) 3) Start playing on another server and pay to transfer after 3 days

The maintenance happens from 4PM to 8PM local time if my calculations are right, so I'll just keep trying 1) until 2) becomes a possibility, thanks.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Kaedric posted:

If you look at what the average player thinks looks good on their character you will very quickly understand that it's better this way.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Kaedric posted:

I missed it for a bit, but I realized: the only time that belts actually look good is when they match the armor set. You can add belts to chest and/or leg armor and not miss anything.

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus
Any goons on the JP servers? I live in Japan so I've been playing on a JP datacenter for latency issues. Japanese players are nice, just not so chatty and I don't really wanna speak Japanese in the game anyways. I hear Tonberry is the official AU/Oceanic server? Or should I try Excal and deal with the lag?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I've been playing from Taiwan a bit while on business trips and the lag isn't really that bad. That long GCD helps a lot so you may not notice anything.

I haven't run Titan EX or the like however...

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I just spent two hours trying to get two HQ crafts.

:shepicide:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
You're either doing something wrong or blowing hundreds of millions in mats right now.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

My "something wrong" was being low level and having the bad luck of "Basic Touch" failing over and over again.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
How low level are you? You shouldn't encounter any problems HQing things with Steady Hands + Basic Touch until you're hitting about the 30s.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Eej posted:

How low level are you? You shouldn't encounter any problems HQing things with Steady Hands + Basic Touch until you're hitting about the 30s.

It failed with Steady Hands. :smith:

Seriously, it was the most awful streak of bad luck ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Get steady hand II asap.

• Locked thread