Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

i dont get it what's the backstory on this, how is it relevant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
During the Team Poor Life Choices marathon they had the gif on screen and it made Klaige laugh far too hard. Alcohol was probably involved.

It was the slower version and you can just see the dumb giant grin on the Poppy Bros before he gets launched

Tangent: Rumrusher's WIZARD DUNK sketch is fantastic

GaiaShell
Mar 11, 2002

Oh drat I'm still going to be at work during the Tetris block :(

I know it'll be uploaded not too long after but I was really hoping to catch that live. Oh well.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Rumrusher loving owns

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Locked down by hula girls.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Toxxupation posted:

i dont get it what's the backstory on this, how is it relevant
It's what was on the poster.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
drat mole almost got him

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

peaches is a god

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

So why are people nostalgic over this game? I thought this game was pretty poo poo even when I was 12 and it doesn't look like I was wrong to think so.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

raditts posted:

So why are people nostalgic over this game? I thought this game was pretty poo poo even when I was 12 and it doesn't look like I was wrong to think so.

anything peaches does is good

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

raditts posted:

Because it's cool, and also good.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Because it's cool, and also good.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im glad ill get off work when geoff's run is over

he is an IRL anime who makes the stream more about donations than about the stream

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

raditts posted:

This game is good, guess you never played it for long or with another player.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Toejam & Earl is nice and chill, just like this speed run.

Eonwe posted:

im glad ill get off work when geoff's run is over

he is an IRL anime who makes the stream more about donations than about the stream

Is being an IRL anime a good or bad thing too you?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

raditts posted:

It's a very good multiplayer game.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/GamesDoneQuick/status/625776474738438144

Better image of the poster.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Internet Kraken posted:

Is being an IRL anime a good or bad thing too you?

for geoff?

bad

if i could be an IRL anime, then good

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Sempai notice me :/

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Peaches WR :toot:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
fire the retard manning the timer

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
"That could have been a world record, but eh, who knows?"

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Didn't he say the last world record was like 20 something?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Aurora posted:

That was the SDA run. Peaches has a low 19 time before but he pretty clearly just got an 18:5X so that should definitely be WR.

Edit: Oh, but it got paused for an indeterminate amount of time? I didn't even notice.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

raditts posted:

i never played it but yeah the way people talk about this game and the way it actually looks and what you do, the difference is striking

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Aurora posted:

20:51 according to speeddemosarchive.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
wasnt the timer paused for some reason during the run?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

XK posted:

20:51 according to speeddemosarchive.

It gets said every time but SDA is not a World Records site, just for the people who don't know/realize.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

the timer was paused for like a minute. it was sort of heartbreaking to watch the dude go like WHOA 18 MINUTES

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

the timer seemed to stop for at least a minute so probably not wr but still a good run

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I didn't see how long the timer was paused for but people were spamming ZA WARUDO in chat for quit a while so it's prob not a record.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Beekeeping and You posted:

the timer was paused for like a minute. it was sort of heartbreaking to watch the dude go like WHOA 18 MINUTES

Followed immediately by "that's way too fast"

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Toxxupation posted:

i never played it but yeah the way people talk about this game and the way it actually looks and what you do, the difference is striking

Weren't the sequels platformers? That's what i remember playing at my friend's house as a kid.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

CJ posted:

Weren't the sequels platformers? That's what i remember playing at my friend's house as a kid.

Yes. The new game is going to be like the first one.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

If they can't be bothered to get someone to man the timer right, maybe they should do like ESA and make a big red button for the runners to push for themselves :v:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Peaches is so dreamy :swoon:

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Sorry Studio, but your beard is not even on Peaches' level.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I can understand most technical problems but how the hell is the timer getting screwed up multiple times?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

dragon enthusiast posted:

Followed immediately by "that's way too fast"

Just went back and checked, it was paused for about 2 minutes unfortunately. Still, nice run peaches!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Checking the VOD timestamps it began at 24:42:07 and he called for time at 25:02:57 for a total of 20:50. The timer was stopped for 1:55.

• Locked thread