Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

7c Nickel posted:

Can we please not do this poo poo? Even if you're being "ironic" it's weird and creepy and dumb. This targeting of a visible figure in game development and blaming them for everything (including the inevitable passage of time) is one of the more hosed up aspects of gaming culture right now.

You're the reason everything is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Crabtree posted:

They also said "humans only" for romance so no technical gay marrying Super Mutants or Ghouls.

Deal breaker. Beatrix was the only girl for me.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Why the hell couldn't you romance a Ghoul? All the parts still work, judging by what the NPCs say. I can understand no Super Mutants because they lost their genitals, but that poo poo's racist.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

7c Nickel posted:

Can we please not do this poo poo? Even if you're being "ironic" it's weird and creepy and dumb. This targeting of a visible figure in game development and blaming them for everything (including the inevitable passage of time) is one of the more hosed up aspects of gaming culture right now.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxWUtShF_pE

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Filthy Casual posted:

Why the hell couldn't you romance a Ghoul? All the parts still work, judging by what the NPCs say. I can understand no Super Mutants because they lost their genitals, but that poo poo's racist.

If supermutants have no genitals then how did one gently caress me in the rear end in Broken Hills?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

If supermutants have no genitals then how did one gently caress me in the rear end in Broken Hills?

Strap on.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rutibex posted:

He fisted you OP.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Filthy Casual posted:

Look, Todd doesn't want Born Ghouls to enter into the equation. He thinks its too Icky to love a warm body.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

7c Nickel posted:

I think the New Vegas thread showed that we need a developer in the thread with us to stop us from devolving into gibbering autists.

We need a better moderated Fallout thread to keep out all "Here's how the game will be terrible" fanfiction, and threats against Todd Howard.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Die Laughing posted:

I think the New Vegas thread showed that we need a developer in the thread with us to stop us from devolving into gibbering autists.

We need a better moderated Fallout thread to keep out all "Here's how the game will be terrible" fanfiction, and threats against Todd Howard.

Yeah games threads are so much better when they are required to be a hugbox.

What's wrong with all of you? If you don't like Fallout 4 than shut up about it and go play something else. This thread is for Fallout 4 lovers only :colbert:

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Filthy Casual posted:

iirc ghouls are sterile and t-hod is a firm believer in the biblical decree that sexual congress only be used for the purposes of reproduction. since ghouls can't have offspring they also can't have sex in t-hod's perfect world

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Ghouls are gross thats why

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Rutibex posted:

Yeah games threads are so much better when they are required to be a hugbox.

What's wrong with all of you? If you don't like Fallout 4 than shut up about it and go play something else. This thread is for Fallout 4 lovers only :colbert:

You don't think there's any space in between a "Hugbox" and "Developer X is literally Satan"? I just have a lower tolerance for this kind of stuff after reading stories like the poo poo John Smedley went through that made him decide to retire.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I call this, "A Lying loving Snake Betrays Mankind, Part One"

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

frajaq posted:

Ghouls are gross thats why

i'm fairly sure there was an entire quest line in the Van Buren game that dealt with some lady ghoul somehow not being sterile, and some creepy scientist guys wanting to get her to reproduce and see what came out. would it be a normal human, or some kind of hosed up monster?

so i guess the only thing grosser than ghouls is an in-depth exploration of their reproductive processes

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

7c Nickel posted:

You don't think there's any space in between a "Hugbox" and "Developer X is literally Satan"? I just have a lower tolerance for this kind of stuff after reading stories like the poo poo John Smedley went through that made him decide to retire.

No, I'm pretty sure Todd Satan Howard really is the Daedric Prince of Lies. It's on his business card and everything.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

7c Nickel posted:

I for one can not wait for Todd Howard to read this thread and immediately excuse himself from game production for the rest of time. This thread is EXACTLY the "kind of stuff" that makes people retire....

But really, has the dialogue wheel in its current iteration been confirmed for P.C. as well? I mean even the spacial placement of the options is just a mapping of a controller's ab/yx squarecircle/whatever so surely they'd at least change that for P.C, right? Right???

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Truecon420 posted:

But really, has the dialogue wheel in its current iteration been confirmed for P.C. as well? I mean even the spacial placement of the options is just a mapping of a controller's ab/yx squarecircle/whatever so surely they'd at least change that for P.C, right? Right???

Why would they change it? PC version is going to require a PS4 or Xbox controller to play, keyboard and mouse is too confusing for modern gamers.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Truecon420 posted:

I for one can not wait for Todd Howard to read this thread and immediately excuse himself from game production for the rest of time. This thread is EXACTLY the "kind of stuff" that makes people retire....

haha hahahahahahahaha

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Truecon420 posted:

Bethesda can't be bothered to make a UI specifically for PC, what makes you think they'll do that?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

T. Howard has already said, in so many words, that the plot will basically be Blade Runner: The Commonwealth/"Institute" are creating androids for the express purpose of perfecting human torture techniques (they're programmed to think and to feel so that they make the perfect torture test subjects). Some of these subjects escape from captivity and form a "Neo Underground Railroad", which is the how Fallout 3's Harkness/A3-21 escapes to Rivet City; these emancipated androids just want to live out their lives in peace and harmony. You will be the person with a mysterious, implausible background who is charged with finding these escapees and terminating them in the name of SCIENCE...or turning your back on your Commonwealth employer and pledging your allegiance to the Neo Underground Railroad. But wait: A twist in the truth of your checkered past may influence your decision between good and evil!
Shortly after being introduced into the Neo UnderGround RailRoad and it's Operatives, the PC will realize calling all these plot essential character by their full titile, Neo UnderGround RailRoad Operatives, is quite the mouthful and instead opt to call anyone affiliated with the group as N.U.G.R.R.O.s .

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Todd Howard is literally the devil and is solely responsible for all evil in the world. I honestly doubt he's even a real person so much as a concept or a metaphore representing anything and everything wrong with the world.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

They did that video about how details matter so hopefully the story makes sense and is cohesive?

Lol.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

When Todd Howard sleeps at night, spiders don't crawl into his mouth, they crawl out of it.

And the spiders know hundreds of the most common names and will address you by your name.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

SunAndSpring posted:

Bethesda can't be bothered to make a UI specifically for PC, what makes you think they'll do that?

In all seriousness, while I don't think they'll force the PS4/XBox control scheme on PC players there's a very good probability that the game's default behavior when you leave your controller plugged in is to lock you out of using your M+KB until you pick up your controller to navigate through the menus to totally deactivate controller support.

This time they should make you fill out a questionnaire, Facebook-style, asking you why you've chosen not to use a controller to play their game when it's clearly the superior choice.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

King Vidiot posted:

In all seriousness, while I don't think they'll force the PS4/XBox control scheme on PC players there's a very good probability that the game's default behavior when you leave your controller plugged in is to lock you out of using your M+KB until you pick up your controller to navigate through the menus to totally deactivate controller support.

This time they should make you fill out a questionnaire, Facebook-style, asking you why you've chosen not to use a controller to play their game when it's clearly the superior choice.

Keyboard and mouse controls suck. Just face facts.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

JackBadass posted:

Wow, you've gone too far this time!

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Any person who says they would not suck the Howard D is a god drat liar. We curse his name like a greek would curse Poseidon when the sea claims family, Angry but in awe of his power.

Witness the power.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 27, 2015

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Todd "Shitler" Howard, Lead Developer at Butthesda Shitworks

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

JackBadass posted:

I recently played New Vegas on pc with mouse and keyboard and everything except the inventories and menus was perfectly fine. Skyrim on pc is perfectly fine with the keybaord and mouse except the UI. My point being is I have great faith that the game play will be fine, what I'm hoping for is the UI is improved. If not then mods will help.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

No doubt someone will mod MTUI and Darnified into Fallout 4 within a few weeks.

goomsnarr
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, yeah...
Did anyone mention the release date for Android version of Fallout Shelter being the 13th of August? There will be new features rolled out for both platforms as well.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

It's actually really cool to see this 'behind the scenes' peak into one of the Oblivion design meetings. :3:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Todd likes videogames and he wants you to enjoy them too!

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Todd Howard at one point or another has admitted to every single fault a Bethesda game has had on film. Nobody in this thread will take responsibility for their poo poo posting.

T-How wins.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

frajaq posted:

Todd likes videogames and he wants you to enjoy them too!

I can't wait to play this on my 18" Sony Trinitron, either. I hope this detailed gameworld has been optimized glorious 480i NTCS standards.

I wonder of "Shitler", Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Slobodan or other such creative names have been recorded for this game.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I can't wait to play this on my 18" Sony Trinitron, either. I hope this detailed gameworld has been optimized glorious 480i NTCS standards.

I wonder of "Shitler", Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Slobodan or other such creative names have been recorded for this game.

what they aren't revealing until launch is that all of the most common player names that were recorded had to be four characters or less. cuts out most of history's greatest monsters but still leaves room for FAGB and gently caress and GOKU and WEED etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Boogaleeboo posted:

Todd Howard at one point or another has admitted to every single fault a Bethesda game has had on film. Nobody in this thread will take responsibility for their poo poo posting.

T-How wins.

Good point.

I admit that my posts suck and I am responsible for a general decline in both the quality of my posts, the posts of others, and the intelligence of others. I'm also partially responsible for the World Trade Center attacks and the OJ verdict.

• Locked thread