Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Turra posted:

Release times:

Terrible timing for Europeans, but I'll still play the hell out of it. How big is the download, usually?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Between 1 and 3 gig.

I think the last was 2.2, but I might be mixing that up with one of the Telltale games.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

According to steam, it's about 2.4gb. IDK about consoles.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

According to steam, it's about 2.4gb. IDK about consoles.

drat, that's half an hour of judgmental condescending lost tonight.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Bracing myself for the PS4 delay. EU PSN store only updates on Wednesdays.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I thought they changed to Tuesday updates over here too?

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

CottonWolf posted:

I thought they changed to Tuesday updates over here too?

I thought that was only for PS+ games?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A lot of normal PSN stuff has been going up on Tuesdays too, I grabbed Journey and the last ep of the GoT game what seemed like a day early.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I have an 86MB patch on Steam right now?

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

seravid posted:

Maybe the devs like the universe they created and feel it's worth exploring further? That doesn't mean they can't shake things up and offer a significantly different experience while maintaining the style and mechanics that made LiS a success.

What is the obsession with "universes"? That's like saying Donnie Darko has a universe. The fictional universe monkey's paw wish goes horribly every time and I don't know why nerds never notice.

What are the rules for ghosts in the Hamlet universe? This is worth exploring further.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

VagueRant posted:

I have an 86MB patch on Steam right now?

There's usually a little update the day before the next episode. That's just small stuff to make sure everything is synched up well.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Are saves in this cloud based? I am packing up my computer for a move, and I hope my laptop can play my story along.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Sarkozymandias posted:

What is the obsession with "universes"? That's like saying Donnie Darko has a universe. The fictional universe monkey's paw wish goes horribly every time and I don't know why nerds never notice.

What are the rules for ghosts in the Hamlet universe? This is worth exploring further.

First, let me congratulate you on being smarter than all those nerds. Way to go. Now, feel free to replace the word "universe" with "fictitious world" or "made-up place" or "imaginary setting", whichever you think would not be indicative of an obsession.

Point is this make-believe dimension has some weird poo poo going on and exploring playing through it as Max has been interesting and fun and worth the 9€ I've paid. The devs mentioned a potential thematic sequel, so they seem interested in keeping telling stories in this fake reality where unnatural events take place and I, for one, would be interested in playing through those.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

seravid posted:

First, let me congratulate you on being smarter than all those nerds. Way to go. Now, feel free to replace the word "universe" with "fictitious world" or "made-up place" or "imaginary setting", whichever you think would not be indicative of an obsession.

Point is this make-believe dimension has some weird poo poo going on and exploring playing through it as Max has been interesting and fun and worth the 9€ I've paid. The devs mentioned a potential thematic sequel, so they seem interested in keeping telling stories in this fake reality where unnatural events take place and I, for one, would be interested in playing through those.

Sometimes Imaginary Oregon featuring girl with time travel powers and lovely friends is just Imaginary Oregon featuring girl with time travel powers and lovely friends.

Every game does not need to become a franchise.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

Are saves in this cloud based? I am packing up my computer for a move, and I hope my laptop can play my story along.

If you have it enabled yea, to be safe back this up:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\my games\Life Is Strange\Saves

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

seravid posted:

You are very cool my man

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

Sometimes Imaginary Oregon featuring girl with time travel powers and lovely friends is just Imaginary Oregon featuring girl with time travel powers and lovely friends.

Every game does not need to become a franchise.

I'm not pushing for a franchise. I really don't think they could make a string of sequels interesting, but one? Maybe a couple? This whole thing started with this post:

Accordion Man posted:

I hope they make a sequel, one of the devs said if that would ever happen, LiS Season 2 would be a thematic sequel with an entirely new cast and setting for the next series.

Devs say maybe there could be a sequel, I say "cool". That's it, pretty much.

Larry Parrish posted:

You are very cool my man

Thanks bro

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can we save the nerd handwringing for after ep 4 is released. Thanks. I keep reading the new posts thinking its ppl saying 'drat ep 4 is awesome'

Torgo2727
Oct 24, 2004
Taking Care of the Place While the Master Is Away
drat ep 4 is awesome

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Sounds like a Final Fantasy sequel. In that beyond the title of the game it's got gently caress all to do with the previous one.

I'm ready for this time travel story to go off the rails and disappear up its own butt. Bring on Episode 4.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Larry Parrish posted:

Can we save the nerd handwringing for after ep 4 is released. Thanks. I keep reading the new posts thinking its ppl saying 'drat ep 4 is awesome'

Episode leaked early.

The ending is really awful...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Don't troll

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Steam IS downloading 2.3 GBs.

I'm hella excited.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I am so glad I checked the thread, restarted steam and download is going now

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Gonna knock Chloe out of her chair so many times

God, she looks like of those freaky beached whales, just flapping her head around helplessly. I should totally take a picture.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I CTD upon opening the game atm

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

http://www.twitch.tv/gvaze

streaming episode 4 if anyone wants to watch

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Oh drat, alternate timeline Max actually wrote to Chloe.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Episode 4 is up on EU PSN.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/addons/life-is-strange-episode-4/cid=EP0082-CUSA01435_00-LFSTRNGEPISODE04

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Jesus Chloe.

I didn't expect you to want me to (major ep 4 spoiler) put you out of your misery

Edit: \/ hardest bloody choice so far

Edit 2: holy poo poo actual Kate. payoff

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 28, 2015

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

Jesus Chloe.

I didn't expect you to want me to (major ep 4 spoiler) put you out of your misery

I saw it coming a mile off but even then it hit me way harder than I was expecting.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Left-Click and drag right to Pay Respects.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Im slowly making my way through the first scene ; I like how they went out of their way to give alternate reality Max a new text message history.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

You're drat right Warren you're out of the loop

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Well gently caress, I feel like I made the right decision, but seeing David dejectedly leave still made me feel kind of bad.

EDIT: OH poo poo Visiting Kate!

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 28, 2015

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Wait wait wait, could you enter a photo for the contest ? I don't remember any opportunity to do it.

(spoiler is when you first get to campus)

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I don't think so. Seems to be a story beat you can't affect.

Also holy poo poo Chloe + Gun + Frank can go so, so badly Thank god for the rewind.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Oh my god, Daniel's shirt.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Anyone know what you do to bust the padlock in the barn?

I've been searching around trying to figure out what item to use. I thought maybe attaching it to the tractor and busting out of the barn. Doesn't look like it. Nor getting the hook on the generator and pushing it off the ledge. Any help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

PunkBoy posted:

Oh my god, Daniel's shirt.

I just got to that part and had to rewind to hear what he was saying because I couldn't stop laughing

• Locked thread