Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cool shot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Another cool shot

And a very claustrophobic moment from Noriko's cockpit

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm going to stay up late, and watch the third and fourth episodes of Gunbuster.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I watched them all in a public library, both series. That was a little bit of mistake. Both because of the tits and me bawling my eyes out

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

simul progress: i stopped halfway through Ace wo Nerae

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

simul progress: i stopped halfway through Ace wo Nerae

I watched it spread over two nights, because I was tired.

simul progress: Finished episode 4, and am feeling triumphant. I'll finish Gunbuster when I wake up.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I think I can hold out for episode 2-3 until tomorrow night. Can't say the same about the rest of the show though.

Ace also took me two nights to finish.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm back. Time to finish Gunbuster.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Gunbuster is still good.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEEPosF-tNU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Watching two episodes at once is a good idea because you don't get the funky opening song til episode 2.

E: I'd forgotten how much like FLCL the animation was.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jul 27, 2015

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I did a post early because I work today, theres a bunch of gifs i'll add here too:

I forgot and now remembered why diebuster is my favorite anime. Theres so many cool touches like how meaningful Lalc's soliloquy at the beginning here becomes by the end. Nono is a really poetic and heartfelt robot and one of my favorite characters of all time. I had totally forgotten how big of a jerk nicola was, the definition of a boy misusing their power because they know just how limited it really is. Lots of cool stuff but also lots of wierd stuff in this first episode. I totally forgot that they used a 3d model for some cuts of dix-neuf and its very wierd and jarring, compared to the beautiful fully animated stuff that you see in the exact same scene. I love it all though. The first fight between dix and a monster is especially fluid and incredible, but when nicola cuts the monster in half in episode 2 is just as incredible, I thought that was cg in my head but it looks hand animated, must have taken forever.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 27, 2015

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I accidentally scrolled over that spoiler for a moment, and caught "this is why Diebuster is my favorite anime" and the panty shot gif.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I love Nono.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

I love Nono.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

I love Nono.

Same.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to be watching early or late because I want to watch Tetris as SGDQ. But I've got the last ep of gun and the first two eps of Die on tap for tonight at some point.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm going to watch as soon as I'm finished making Karaage.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Looking forward to watching the first two again.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Enjoy, I'm off to bed.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Enjoy, I'm off to bed.

Goodnight, Sakurazuka

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Enjoy, I'm off to bed.

ty

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Enjoy, I'm off to bed.

Goodnight friend.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

nono i nthe first ep does the same shirt rip as in gunbuster

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The last ep of Gun buster is so good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh hey this starts right now!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the show all

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

In Training posted:

The last ep of Gun buster is so good.

That ending. :qq:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

whoops i forgot the other thing started right now. ill join y'all tomorrow then. have fun.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Dix Neuf looks great minus that one 3D shot.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jul 28, 2015

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

not free to watch, enjoy diebuster friends

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Those CGI shots were so bad. And it's not like they were some sort of super complicated movements that couldn't be traditionally animated, so what was the point?

Were they not in the original? Am I watching George Lucas's Special Edition of Diebuster?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

nono i nthe first ep does the same shirt rip as in gunbuster

She did it, she became a topless.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I'm just assuming 3D was in at the time.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

Those CGI shots were so bad. And it's not like they were some sort of super complicated movements that couldn't be traditionally animated, so what was the point?

Were they not in the original? Am I watching George Lucas's Special Edition of Diebuster?

it was ugly

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Grooooovin Magicccc

Such a good op.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Those shots haven't aged well, but that first episode came out all the way back in 2004 so it did look way better than its contemporaries.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah they really stick out, especially compared to how good the rest of the show looks.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

isn't that the only time they used the cg? just seemed like a weird "let's try this" moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The fight at the end is of course good but I think I like the opening 5 or so minutes of the first Diebuster the most of that episode. Great music.

• Locked thread