Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

:spooky: T E R R O R I N S T I N C T :spooky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
TERROR INSTINCT TIME

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
How ridiculous is it that they subtitled a Tetris game TERROR INSTINCT?!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Lmao TERROR INSTINCT

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm not sure how much more of this I can handle folks

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

Blockhouse posted:

TRY AGAIN TO BE A GRAND MASTER

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

No loving way jesus christ SQR

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Man sqr is so humble, cheering him on and he's blushing

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

the wildest rear end posted:

Lmao TERROR INSTINCT

you laugh?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

What was the insane super perfect plus clear requirements to get grandmaster on TGM3

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

he laugh!

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
You are not ready for TERROR INSTINCT.

None of you are ready.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
truly we live in an age of gods and monsters

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

How long is this segment for? I need to go to sleep soon but I won't if I don't have to

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Mr E posted:

I forgot that 3 was called TERROR INSTINCT

It doesn't sink in until someone says the entire title out loud.

TETRIS GRAND MASTER 3: TERROR INSTINCT

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

nerdbot posted:

I know we talked about this last time but I cannot get over the horrifying pre-rendered gear mechanism background.

The screaming in the final round music is horrible. Listen for it, it's straight out of a horror game

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Rorus Raz posted:

:spooky: T E R R O R I N S T I N C T :spooky:

im scurred

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
And now the game that was made because the devs didn't think TGM2 was hard enough.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

How long is this segment for? I need to go to sleep soon but I won't if I don't have to

Just stay up and watch the spinney blocks like me

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

TRY AGAIN TO BE A GRAND MASTER

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

KKKLIP ART posted:

What was the insane super perfect plus clear requirements to get grandmaster on TGM3

Low time + high tetris number requirement to get invisible credits, then two tetrises during invisible credits I believe.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

KKKLIP ART posted:

Don't you have to basically beat the game with a qualifying score six times in a row

Sleazoid
Nov 13, 2007

Tetris loving owns

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

beep by grandpa posted:

sleep if you want, the blocks will come for you there too

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

Half hour ish

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

beep by grandpa posted:

Good luck sleeping after watching T E R R O R I N S T I N C T

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I think its really cool that some company made these ultra hard insane games that can only be properly played by a handful of people across the entire globe.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Mo0 posted:

Don't you have to basically beat the game with a qualifying score six times in a row

four times out of seven, I think, and even then it's only a 50% chance of getting the grandmaster test?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

You have to Master Master or whatever 4 out of your last 7 games (which includes surviving the invisible credit sequence ) and then the game puts you on the spot and makes you do a perfect game.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Mo0 posted:

That plus the invisible double terrible what ever. Like, just put that at a bdsm club and its good enough

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm really happy we get music between games now instead of silence

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

How ridiculous is it that they subtitled a Tetris game TERROR INSTINCT?!

It is not.

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

I really hope they don't cut this short because setup ran long.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
TGM 4:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

KKKLIP ART posted:

It's something like you have to clear it as a master the majority of your last 7 games, and then there's a random chance it will give you the opportunity to try for GM.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

you mean "blockshed"

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

KKKLIP ART posted:

"To achieve Grand Master status, a player needs to get a MasterM ranking four times in their most recent seven games. That means blasting through 999 pieces, meeting certain grading and timing requirements and then completing the credit roll when locked pieces turn invisible. Nail that four times, and you might just get a chance at a Grand Master promotional exam, in which you have to play near-perfectly again."

I hate to link polygon, but http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/28/7929659/tetris-grandmaster-3-terror-instinct-grand-master-kevin-birrell

e:fb, but that link also details the first guy to get GM in the US, and the first one outside of japan to get it

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Reminder that KevinDDR is literally, actual definition of the word, the only certified Tetris Grandmaster outside of Japan.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LethalGeek posted:

You have to Master Master or whatever 4 out of your last 7 games (which includes surviving the invisible credit sequence ) and then the game puts you on the spot and makes you do a perfect game.

That's somehow worse than I imagined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

nerdbot posted:

The meanest item they could do is one that makes it so the Tetris blocks you get aren't colorcoded and just come out as random colors.

This exists in Shirase mode in TGM3.

For reference, Shirase means something like "DEATH OMEN", iirc.

Also the :tetrisstare: emote should totally be :pcgaming: but with random tetris blocks for eyes.

• Locked thread