Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

WickedHate posted:

Only use Steam anymore to play TF2 with a friend(and probably get Doom 2016), sorry. Thanks, though.

Was seriously considering making an e/n thread, but it might not end well so I'm on the fence about it.

There's no possible way it'll be as bad as some of the other threads in E/N.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

I wasn't completely joking. Harem league baseball is apparently the most popular thing after SNAFU, SAO, NGNL, and Index at the moment.

What the poo poo.

The only baseball anime novel I've heard of is this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moshidora

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Allarion posted:

I wasn't completely joking. Harem league baseball is apparently the most popular thing after SNAFU, SAO, NGNL, and Index at the moment.

There was a lot of NGNL cosplay at otakon, i really didn't think the show was that popular.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

reading all this astro boy makes me want to watch the 2003 show but 50 episodes is a lot to commit to

A lot of the episodes are standalone, if that helps.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Allarion posted:

Harem league baseball clearly.

i may have posted this already sorry

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

oh wait theres an actualy thing with that name lol

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Space Cobra has the best baseball arc of all time, but I would enjoy the poo poo out of a Food Wars baseball arc

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Wait, office ladies?

turning girls, shirobako, servant x service, wakako-zake, a whole bunch of comics posted on japanese twitter

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

oh wait theres an actualy thing with that name lol

Wait what the gently caress poo poo that's actually the title of the light novel and not the loving genre????

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

turning girls, shirobako, servant x service, wakako-zake, a whole bunch of comics posted on japanese twitter

Oh, right, I'm aware of SxS. Didn't really think of Shirobako, considered it more along the lines of anime-making and less about the chicks.

That was silly of me.

It's always about the chicks.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
can i date a baseball

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

What the poo poo.

one outs!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

What the poo poo.

One day I will watch this, after reading that management book

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

FirstAidKite posted:

can i date a baseball

Yes, because there's another trend I forgot - turning inanimate objects into girls.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

What the poo poo.

This is what I have gleaned through google translate on what Harem League Baseball is about. In order to assassinate the emporer, our main character infiltrates the court by crossdressing as a girl. Since the emperor is passionate about baseball, women all over compete in baseball in order to win his love, hence harem league. Obviously our hero inevitably gets drafted into it.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Make the e/n thread WickedHate! I believe in you!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Allarion posted:

This is what I have gleaned through google translate on what Harem League Baseball is about. In order to assassinate the emporer, our main character infiltrates the court by crossdressing as a girl. Since the emperor is passionate about baseball, women all over compete in baseball in order to win his love, hence harem league. Obviously our hero inevitably gets drafted into it.

this is the greatest series ever made

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Allarion posted:

i'd watch it

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
But where are the guns

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Dangerous Person posted:

But where are the guns

Just make the baseball an ancient bomb/transforming thing that only unlocks in the 9th inning with the bases loaded and the MC's team is down by 3 points

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dangerous Person posted:

But where are the guns

*flexes muscles*

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im looking at the ln rankings and there is some weird poo poo in there like

I’m A High School Boy and a Successful Light Novel Author, But I’m Being Strangled By A Female Classmate Who’s A Voice Actress And Is Younger Than Me

or

There's no Haruhi in My Classroom

which has this as a plot description

Ore no Class ni Haruhi wa Inai follows Yuu, a guy familiar with Haruhi's famous line, "I'm not interested in ordinary people. But, if any of you are aliens, time-travelers, or espers, please come see me. That is all!" To Yuu, this statement is awful, and he thinks "If that's the case, what about the ordinary people?" He rejects the Haruhi-style abnormal daily life, the boy-meets-girl stories, the high-intensity characters of Haruhi - all of it. He considers having one-on-one conversations with someone new special enough.

Yuu's friend Shirakawa, however, is convinced a Haruhi DOES exist in their class, and starts calling a truant female classmate "Haruhi," because she sits in the same spot as the character in the anime. In the meantime, Yuu finds himself involved with his childhood friend and others aspiring to make a name in the anime industry.

haruhi fans are getting really desperate

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Davincie posted:

Anime fans are growing up

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

im looking at the ln rankings and there is some weird poo poo in there like

I’m A High School Boy and a Successful Light Novel Author, But I’m Being Strangled By A Female Classmate Who’s A Voice Actress And Is Younger Than Me

or

There's no Haruhi in My Classroom

which has this as a plot description

Ore no Class ni Haruhi wa Inai follows Yuu, a guy familiar with Haruhi's famous line, "I'm not interested in ordinary people. But, if any of you are aliens, time-travelers, or espers, please come see me. That is all!" To Yuu, this statement is awful, and he thinks "If that's the case, what about the ordinary people?" He rejects the Haruhi-style abnormal daily life, the boy-meets-girl stories, the high-intensity characters of Haruhi - all of it. He considers having one-on-one conversations with someone new special enough.

Yuu's friend Shirakawa, however, is convinced a Haruhi DOES exist in their class, and starts calling a truant female classmate "Haruhi," because she sits in the same spot as the character in the anime. In the meantime, Yuu finds himself involved with his childhood friend and others aspiring to make a name in the anime industry.

haruhi fans are getting really desperate

Faux meta. How nice.

I wanted to become a light novel author and finally wrote my book but I can't figure out a title for it...?

I feel like I'm stuck in a romantic comedy and the smart thing to do would be walk away but I can't bring myself to talk things out with my school guidance counselor cause one doesn't exist in manga.

My afterschool club and I are close acquaintances but I'm not sure if we're friends because we don't really know what friendship means.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

littleorv posted:

Make the e/n thread WickedHate! I believe in you!
It'd probably just be rambling apologizing for being so terrible(honestly) and wishing people didn't make a huge deal out of everything I say that isn't completely banal. Maybe in a bit when I'm not busy with TF2.

*flexes muscles*
Knuckles?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Chou Anime Chat Thread 5: Daily Life With Namtab Girl

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I see that there are a bajillion new posts in the anime thread.

Hopefully most of them are..

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

i kinda skipped everything but please don't encourage people to make e/n threads

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

or to post in e/n

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

or read e/n

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

or gbs for that matter

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Davincie posted:

i probably hosed up my chances this love live event by trying the song on a too high difficulty :negative:

It's pretty hard to really lose all chance to get the SR unless you're wasting a lot of stamina. Worst-case scenario, you drop a love gem or two to replenish stamina.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Don't be a fun hater bees

I may be a terrible person

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I can't get Shogun 2 to work on my computer so I guess I'll just reinstall Rome 2 and play that instead :sigh:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

or gbs for that matter

I like that, because posting stats froze sometime last year, you're still listed as the 7th most prolific GBS poster

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Don't give up so easily. Good games are worth the effort.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
that tetris marathon was gdlk

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

i kinda skipped everything but please don't encourage people to make e/n threads

or to post in e/n

or gbs for that matter

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm not even sure Shogun 2 will run on this laptop...but I'm sure gonna try. I will unite Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Beef Chief posted:

that tetris marathon was gdlk

It gave me second-hand stress

• Locked thread