Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
man how did not one of y'all motherfuckers post any rocket knight adventures music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=244ZH1DNHlI

also streets of rage 3 is A Bad Game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

absolutely anything posted:

also streets of rage 3 is A Bad Game

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

univbee posted:

Chrono Trigger has a ton of options for obtaining it at least. The only "bad" option is the PS1 version (which includes PSN digital versions) due to atrocious load times (a 4 meg game that's being English-patched live doesn't fit in 3.5 megs of RAM, shockingly).

I thought they reimplemented the game natively and were just using the SNES rom on the disc for art assets.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Again, you have to want what Dragon Quest brings to the table. What did you like about CT? What parts did you dislike?

DQ is very much about the grind and raw stats. Get money, get new weapons and armor, fight slightly stronger poo poo with new equipment to get more money and an even newer stuff. Curse yourself for buying something that you find in the next dungeon. Rinse, repeat, there's a big bad guy at the end and sometimes a medium-sized bad guy in the middle. There usually aren't really any ways to circumvent this, no clever tricks to break the game short of "gain even more levels." If you're at all familiar with OG Final Fantasy 1, Dragon Quest is basically that except with Goku. You spend a lot of time punching poo poo for the express purpose of punching more poo poo. Story and characterization is pretty backseat.

They might've changed this in the DS remakes, but the original SNES ones are very obvious about prioritizing giving the player a vague reason to do a bunch of sequential dungeons so you can enjoy stabbing monsters. I honestly can't even remember why you were going after Mudo in DQ6 aside from "I, uh... he's the Demon King?" :v:

That said, if that's what you're looking for, you'll probably really enjoy any Dragon Quest game you play.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kreeblah posted:

I thought they reimplemented the game natively and were just using the SNES rom on the disc for art assets.

IIRC someone did some digging and the English PS1 version is natively running the Japanese version and applying an IPS patch to the game to translate it to English in real-time.

Whatever the truth of the matter, it probably has some of the worst load times of any PS1 game and the PSN downloadable release doesn't change this.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

On top of what everyone else said, if you're going to buy jRPG's don't even bother with any cheap options like Retrons. The console itself won't be much compared to everything else. jRPG's are one of the primary contributers to :retrogames: being .

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

If you're really into both retro games and JRPGs literally studying and learning Japanese so you can import the Japanese versions will be cheaper. The prices for even some pretty common US ones are insane. I mean EVERYTHING is insane right now I know, but JRPGs, drat.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

If you're really into both retro games and JRPGs literally studying and learning Japanese so you can import the Japanese versions will be cheaper. The prices for even some pretty common US ones are insane. I mean EVERYTHING is insane right now I know, but JRPGs, drat.

Believe me, I want to learn Japanese, for a number of reasons. It's not that easy,, sadly.

The White Dragon posted:

Again, you have to want what Dragon Quest brings to the table. What did you like about CT? What parts did you dislike?

DQ is very much about the grind and raw stats. Get money, get new weapons and armor, fight slightly stronger poo poo with new equipment to get more money and an even newer stuff. Curse yourself for buying something that you find in the next dungeon. Rinse, repeat, there's a big bad guy at the end and sometimes a medium-sized bad guy in the middle. There usually aren't really any ways to circumvent this, no clever tricks to break the game short of "gain even more levels." If you're at all familiar with OG Final Fantasy 1, Dragon Quest is basically that except with Goku. You spend a lot of time punching poo poo for the express purpose of punching more poo poo. Story and characterization is pretty backseat.

They might've changed this in the DS remakes, but the original SNES ones are very obvious about prioritizing giving the player a vague reason to do a bunch of sequential dungeons so you can enjoy stabbing monsters. I honestly can't even remember why you were going after Mudo in DQ6 aside from "I, uh... he's the Demon King?" :v:

That said, if that's what you're looking for, you'll probably really enjoy any Dragon Quest game you play.

I got no problem with grinding. That's how I spent most of my Skyrim playthrough.

As for what I liked or didn't like about CT...

Pros:
Magus
Music
Environments

Cons:
....I didn't like Crono much?
The whole "Entity" concept and cutscene didn't fit in with the rest of the game in any way.

I don't think any of this will really impact how I feel about DQ. As you say, they're kind of light on story, although exactly how light and how cliche they are seems to be a point of contention. I know some people who have insisted to me some of them have actually pretty good stories.

As long as it's fun and it has cool music, I'll be happy. I'm not going into these games expecting Xenogears.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Cutscene? drat kids and your newfangled cutscenes. :colbert:

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

Caitlin posted:

Cutscene? drat kids and your newfangled cutscenes. :colbert:

Get off Caitlin's lawn, etc etc.

I just tried to do the brutal grind of Dragon Warrior (Dragon Quest) a few weeks ago. It can't be overstated, it is seriously a slog. There is so little in the way of actual content in that game, and it has so many little things that kill it for me. Instead of a generic action button to interact with things, it pops a menu where you have to pick what to do, including talk and climbing stairs. It was a quaint idea the first couple times, got irritating as hell after that. The delineation of areas is very unclear, and it's easy to get yourself in over your head if you don't know what you're doing. And there's one place in the entire game to save. Literally the square you're standing in when you start the game for the first time. You can be standing outside the end boss' castle and have to walk all the way back to the beginning if you want to save and quit. Just don't do it. Skip it. You're missing next to nothing. Watch a speedrun if you want to see what it has to offer.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Because I had Dragon Warrior, it took me a very long time to try another jrpg. When people today complain about grinding in jrpgs, I wonder if they've actually played one since.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Well despite me playing drat near every FF game I still haven't played FF1 so skipping DQ1 won't be a big change of pace.

That still leaves three other games for the NES/Retron/whatever I decide to get.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

elf help book posted:

Because I had Dragon Warrior, it took me a very long time to try another jrpg. When people today complain about grinding in jrpgs, I wonder if they've actually played one since.

I followed DW with Final Fantasy IV and nearly swore off all JRPGs afterward. Chrono Trigger set me straight, though. It wasn't necessarily the grind I despised, but the random battles thing was the worst.

For this reason, Final Fantasy XII is my favorite Final Fantasy due to obvious bias.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

FFXII is a very good game.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I played the XII demo with DQ8, saw the new battle system, and never touched the game again.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
So I found out that there's a retro game store near my new place, and managed to find a copy of Mischief Makers there.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
There'll be Dragon Quest 11 news in nine hours + however long they decide to wait before its announcement at the show. I feel of the 3D ones that I mainly enjoy DQX because it's got the most charming adorable MMO character and creature design out there. It's got a lot of playing dressup with your friends to it an that is a good thing. A great example of a single-player IP made MMO. Can't not smile watching it.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

mikeycp posted:

I played the XII demo with DQ8, saw the new battle system, and never touched the game again.

I dug the whole "I can pre-program my battle strategies and run through maps filled with predictable spawns" aspect far more than "walk in a circle until zoomy zoom repeat-a-battle."

Again, goes to my bias against random battles.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
I have a Super Game Boy. Why am I looking at Super Game Boy 2???

(Anyone wants to sell one to me?)

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Because it's cool.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Also it runs at the correct speed

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

RadicalR posted:

I have a Super Game Boy. Why am I looking at Super Game Boy 2???

(Anyone wants to sell one to me?)

Because you can now use your TV as the most ludicrous viewfinder for a camera ever AND print without having to get out an actual game boy.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Man, I wish I had any idea where my GB Printer was.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Re: Dragon Quest. Don't skip DQ1. Play the SFC version - Dragon Quest I-II Remix or whatever it's called. They re-balanced it to be much, much less grindy. It has a full translation patch. Then play Dragon Quest 3 Reprise, also on SFC w/ English patch. For 4-6 (and 9) go with the DS versions. Wait until the 3DS port of DQ7, and in the meantime, play DQ8 PS2.

It's not Genesis but Dogyuun always comes to mind when I think of YM2x.mp3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFrnzSssdRg

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

As I said, I can't play handheld consoles like DS or 3DS due to my eyesight. Also there is no good, functioning 3DS emulator last I checked.. So yeah, I have no problem getting DQVII for the PS1.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

NikkolasKing posted:

As I said, I can't play handheld consoles like DS or 3DS due to my eyesight. Also there is no good, functioning 3DS emulator last I checked.. So yeah, I have no problem getting DQVII for the PS1.

There's a way to get a 3DS (or the new 3DS) setup to do video out to a computer monitor or HDTV, and it works pretty great.

http://www.3dsvideocapture.com/

Issue is, it involves having a system modded and it's quite pricy, but it is an option to like save up for or something.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

NikkolasKing posted:

Just out of curiosity, have you tried the larger screens on the XL models?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

There's a way to get a 3DS (or the new 3DS) setup to do video out to a computer monitor or HDTV, and it works pretty great.

Issue is, it involves having a system modded and it's quite pricy, but it is an option to like save up for or something.

It's also not directly TV Out, it's a USB connector which hooks up to a Windows PC running special software OBS-style to get the video feeds of both screens.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just out of curiosity, have you tried the larger screens on the XL models?

I have not but I don't think it would help much. I'm legally blind and while I'm sure it would work better for me than trying to play a GameBoy did back in the day,I'm not holding out too much hope.

My girlfriend has a 3DS though so I guess I could borrow it off her and try it out. And if it doesn't work, I can also test it out using it on my PC/monitor. Thanks for the link, Nintendo Kid.

Although I have a question. The poster earlier mentioned DW I+II for the Super Famicom, has anyone here played DW I+II for the GBC? 'cuz that was actually officially released and translated here. I can just get that, provided it has the rebalancing that the Super Famicom version had.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jul 28, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

NikkolasKing posted:

I have not but I don't think it would help much. I'm legally blind and while I'm sure it would work better for me than trying to play a GameBoy did back in the day,I'm not holding out too much hope.

My girlfriend has a 3DS though so I guess I could borrow it off her and try it out. And if it doesn't work, I can also test out using it on y PC/monitor.

Although I have a question. The poster earlier mentioned DW I+II for the Super Famicom, has anyone here played DW I+II for the GBC? 'cuz that was actually officially released nd translatedhere. I can just get that, provided it has the rebalancing that the Super Famicom version had.

Most places like Best Buy or EB Games generally have a demo console of a new3DSXL on display, so you can also try theew to get an idea of it's any better for you.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Nintendo Kid posted:

Loopy makes something like this too.

http://www.3dscapture.com/ds/

But yeah it is only for capture not live gameplay. I really wish Nintendo would make a first party consumer solution for video out on the DS/3DS but with it looking like the new console will be a handheld/console hybrid it hopefully will be a problem of the past soon.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
So many great posts these past few days. It's so hard to not comment on every one of them!

Random Stranger posted:

"INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT!"
"GET THE HUMANOID!"

Thanks for the badass Berzerk gifs! This is one of my favorite 2600 games and gifs of it are so much fun.

I went to Jasper and Santa Clause Indiana last Thursday/Friday and wanted to thank my boy Djarum again for hooking me up with pictures a few months back of the hotel. Long story short I went to this hotel every other year growing up as part of our family vacation to Holiday World. We would always stay at the Holidome (now the Jasper Inn convention center hotel) and in addition to a slammin big rear end swimming pool and facilities they also had a large arcade game room filled with cabinets, pinball games, air hockey, pool tables, etc. Our parents would give each of us a $10 roll of quarters and we'd go to town for the night (in retrospect it got us our of their hair for HOURS and we as kids LOVED it, so a complete win/win situation)

Let me say first I copped out and didn't take a single picture of anything myself. I just never got around to it and was only there for a few hours anyway and I swam the majority of them. Anyway the place had changed radically. The former arcade had been cut in half and walled off to make the fitness center bigger. In their defense it is a pretty kick rear end fitness center with all kind of machines but obviously I'd like an arcade better. It could have been a lot worse and there were still some games around. Crazy Taxi (which crashed when you'd start the game), Area 51, Time Crisis, Simpsons Pinball, air hockey, pool tables galore (pool owns) and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head. Hopefully midwestink or my brother got some pictures we can eventually share. Oh the hotel still had the same crane game it had when I was a kid and I swear it's the nicest calibrated machine I've ever seen in my life. I put in 50 cents 4 times and one 3 prizes like an absolute boss. There was even a little girl nearby that was marking out saying "mommy look that man won 3 animals!!!" :3:

The biggest biggest bummer was the arcade situation at Holiday World at Merlin's Castle. Don't get me wrong, I don't go to an amusement/water park to play video games...but we'd always spend a little while in there to get out of the sun and they had some good games. The arcade was not only not there anymore, but it had been entirely converted into a restroom! It was a pretty nice bathroom and very roomy but damnit what a punch in the balls!

ANYWAY enough of me rambling about that experience. It was a fun as poo poo trip still and I can't wait to do it again.

I had a free minute today so I finally got all of my Atari 2600 games in one place and made me realize I've got a few dupes. This is also my most ghetto method of organzing, big rear end dangerously rocky stacks. Some cart designs definitely stack better than others so it took a lot of trial and error to get it just right. I'll eventually get it looking nicer but for now it works and is practical enough (except for the obvious bitch of pulling a game from the bottom of a stack but oh well, it's better than the big rear end box they were in before) Keep in mind too the ceiling is a few inches above the game stacks here. It's on top of a shelf which is above my entertainment center and everything else, about 2 feet higher than the SMS pictured below.

(games with blank labels or are hard to see: Video Pinball, Bowling, Lost Luggage, ?, 8 Tele Games, ET, Video Olympics, Sky Diver, Riddle of Sphinx)

flyboi posted:

So what not-hyperspin frontends are still up-kept for mame and not complete garbage these days? I see QMC2 has updates and supports 0.163 now but the interface is pretty dated.

Not sure if this 100% applies, but if you're using a machine with Windows XP MAMEwah still absolutely owns in my book and is completely free. It's setup almost exclusively with config files and a few in game menu options and once it's setup it's VERY copy/paste friendly for future setups. What I mean is I've got it all copied into a folder, and if I ever need to reinstall XP or anything say if I have some kind of hardware failure I can simply copy that folder back in, run a quick file that registers dlls and I'm ready to rock.

It runs on virtually any hardware that can run XP and it runs drat well. It's got its quirks here and there but overall I couldn't be any happier. I've got it running on a free frankensteined e8400 core 2 duo setup I received a while back and it plays anything I throw at it just fine. My original setup (before the motherboard decided to commit suicide one day) was an older Athlon XP 1700+ overclocked to 2600+ specs and it ran everything sub-N64 graphics caliber games great. Anything post 2000 it sometimes would lag on but even with that setup it wasn't too shabby at all. Anyway as far as I know MAMEwah hasn't been updated in eons, but the last update runs great on stock XP or XP all windows updated up (meaning if it's not on a network or connects to the internet if it runs better stock/vanilla why not)

The SMS Power Base Converter was mentioned a while back and I have to give my 2 cents on it since I love it so much. It owns. Besides all of the already stated reasons, remember it lets you play SMS card based games. Most importantly (besides being able to play Spy vs Spy) it gives you the ability to rock out the SMS 3D glasses!! Here's a pic of mine on my model 2

The "recent poo poo I've acquired" post will be coming soon so this one isn't any longer than it needs to be.

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jul 28, 2015

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

NikkolasKing posted:

Although I have a question. The poster earlier mentioned DW I+II for the Super Famicom, has anyone here played DW I+II for the GBC? 'cuz that was actually officially released and translated here. I can just get that, provided it has the rebalancing that the Super Famicom version had.

I recall hearing that it also had some rebalancing done to it, yes.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Between ebay, awesome goons, and some garage sales I've acquired a few cool things recently that I'd like to share. Behold my way too big pictures showing my sweet carpet in extreme clarity

3 more games to add to my decent sized NES collection (only system I'm actively collecting any and all games for) and 3 pretty decent games to use as trading stock.

Bought off ebay labeled as a 3rd party controller...but unless I'm missing something it's not 3rd party and it's fantastic. This sucker has the thickest cord of any controller I own.

I traded a 2gb SD card for this chewed up controller but hey it still works perfectly so why not. Next time we play Bomberman I'm going to have this one in the mix.

2 great games I practically stole.

One of the best packing jobs I've ever had the pleasure of opening.

And last but not least, a big rear end (super folded/creased) Beastmaster poster! Quarter included for scale

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Tyson Tomko posted:

So many great posts these past few days. It's so hard to not comment on every one of them!

Thanks for the badass Berzerk gifs! This is one of my favorite 2600 games and gifs of it are so much fun.

I went to Jasper and Santa Clause Indiana last Thursday/Friday and wanted to thank my boy Djarum again for hooking me up with pictures a few months back of the hotel. Long story short I went to this hotel every other year growing up as part of our family vacation to Holiday World. We would always stay at the Holidome (now the Jasper Inn convention center hotel) and in addition to a slammin big rear end swimming pool and facilities they also had a large arcade game room filled with cabinets, pinball games, air hockey, pool tables, etc. Our parents would give each of us a $10 roll of quarters and we'd go to town for the night (in retrospect it got us our of their hair for HOURS and we as kids LOVED it, so a complete win/win situation)

Let me say first I copped out and didn't take a single picture of anything myself. I just never got around to it and was only there for a few hours anyway and I swam the majority of them. Anyway the place had changed radically. The former arcade had been cut in half and walled off to make the fitness center bigger. In their defense it is a pretty kick rear end fitness center with all kind of machines but obviously I'd like an arcade better. It could have been a lot worse and there were still some games around. Crazy Taxi (which crashed when you'd start the game), Area 51, Time Crisis, Simpsons Pinball, air hockey, pool tables galore (pool owns) and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head. Hopefully midwestink or my brother got some pictures we can eventually share. Oh the hotel still had the same crane game it had when I was a kid and I swear it's the nicest calibrated machine I've ever seen in my life. I put in 50 cents 4 times and one 3 prizes like an absolute boss. There was even a little girl nearby that was marking out saying "mommy look that man won 3 animals!!!" :3:

The biggest biggest bummer was the arcade situation at Holiday World at Merlin's Castle. Don't get me wrong, I don't go to an amusement/water park to play video games...but we'd always spend a little while in there to get out of the sun and they had some good games. The arcade was not only not there anymore, but it had been entirely converted into a restroom! It was a pretty nice bathroom and very roomy but damnit what a punch in the balls!

Hopefully the creepy Jasper locals didn't scare you as much as they did me while I was there. :banjo: :downs: :rolleye:

They didn't have Crazy Taxi when I was there or else I would have played it (or attempted too)! As for the arcade at Holiday World I guess that explains why my niece couldn't find it. Shame though since it was a pretty good arcade in there. I got video of my buddy playing Need for Speed the last time I was there like 10 years ago.

I think it is a lot like me not wanting to go to Navy Pier in Chicago anymore since I know they don't have Battletech there anymore, I know I will want to play Battletech and then I will get depressed.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
PC-Engine get. I'm guessing the first game I should buy is an everdrive?

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Djarum posted:

Hopefully the creepy Jasper locals didn't scare you as much as they did me while I was there. :banjo: :downs: :rolleye:

I come from a town of ~2,000 in southern Ilinois and like to think I've seen it all but there's always something. At some point when we're in the hotel hot tub, an old man joins in (already a fun experience) and we gab about Holiday World. My buddy says something along the lines of "pretty cool they've got a place like this in the middle of nowhere in Indiana" and the guy flips "ughhh I feel like I've said this over and over but it's actually more southern Indiana NOT central..." and the dude looked intense and flustered as poo poo. Still a nice guy but pretty weird yeah.

Anidav posted:

PC-Engine get. I'm guessing the first game I should buy is an everdrive?

Obviously the ED is a great choice, but if you pick up any retail games I suggest Bomberman. For the longest time it was the only PCE game I had and it treated me well.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

I know some people dislike it, some people like it, but I LOVE Bloody Wolf, please get it. :) Also there's a ton of not amazing but fun and interesting PCE games like Gomola Speed, Dragon Egg!, War of the Dead, etc. that are cheap and I don't see people talk about much. Worth looking into.

Is the PCE Everdrive good? Can it do both PCE and Turbo games?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Tyson Tomko posted:

I come from a town of ~2,000 in southern Ilinois and like to think I've seen it all but there's always something. At some point when we're in the hotel hot tub, an old man joins in (already a fun experience) and we gab about Holiday World. My buddy says something along the lines of "pretty cool they've got a place like this in the middle of nowhere in Indiana" and the guy flips "ughhh I feel like I've said this over and over but it's actually more southern Indiana NOT central..." and the dude looked intense and flustered as poo poo. Still a nice guy but pretty weird yeah.

Every time I go out there I always have a weird run in with some local. People in Jasper are just a weird breed. I am glad you had a good time, I keep meaning to try to head out there before I move back to Chicago next month but I am not sure I'll get a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Neo Rasa posted:

Is the PCE Everdrive good? Can it do both PCE and Turbo games?

Yep. You just need to set a switch on the ED once based on which region your console hails from, and then you can load games from both regions.

EDIT: And yes, the Turbo ED is pretty great. The only caveats that I've found are that it doesn't seem work well as a CD system card, and it doesn't seem to do saves (although actual PC Engine games typically rely on the CD unit RAM or a Tennokoe save bank for that, or they use passwords).

Kthulhu5000 fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jul 28, 2015

• Locked thread