Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Tender Bender posted:

What is that from, anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vSsGgKX-Gg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Terminator was just announced for WWE 2016.

Pack it in Smash you'll never top that one.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

The Taint Reaper posted:

New Challenger....

ROBOCOP: SMASHES THE PUBLIC TRUST!

His final smash could be teaming up with Sting to break a cage or something who the gently caress knows.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

The Taint Reaper posted:

WWE2K16 gets the Terminator.
MKX gets Predator and Jason.

Smash gets the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

The Taint Reaper posted:

Ah, so Chris Benoit is back?

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Apparently Dragon Quest 11 is being announced tomorrow. With the DS and 3DS remakes, along with 10 being on Wii and Wii U (all in Japan), what are the odds the Wii U or 3DS will get 11? Not that it matters since it won't get localized anyway.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Almost none, I'd be amazed if it was anything other than PS4 (and maybe PS3 in Japan only).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dragon Quest 8 was the last core game to come to the U.S. wasn't it? It seems like there's no plans to ever bring the core series back to the U.S.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Figured. Well, I guess I should be used to disappointment by now.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Dragon Quest 8 was the last core game to come to the U.S. wasn't it? It seems like there's no plans to ever bring the core series back to the U.S.
We got 9 on the DS, and it was fantastic.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I said come in! posted:

I mean, 9 happened. Was that not "core" enough?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

I said come in! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUJ-dRQxzG0

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

I said come in! posted:

9 was the last in the core series, I think, and that was DS exclusive. Plus there's the VII and VIII 3DS remakes that *may* be coming West.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

majormonotone posted:

I mean, 9 happened. Was that not "core" enough?

I didn't know that came out over here.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I said come in! posted:

I didn't know that came out over here.

It was published by Nintendo in the US and Europe, not Squeenix. It was also pretty good!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

majormonotone posted:

It was published by Nintendo in the US and Europe, not Squeenix. It was also pretty good!

I wonder if there's a chance that'll show up on Virtual Console.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Square-Enix doesn't put the DQ games on VC and they don't release any VC games outside of Japan anymore.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Vote for Strong Bad.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Yeah, I was hoping for a VC release of all the previous remakes and the Dragon Warrior 1-3 remakes, but seems like that's not happening.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Sony is Square's target BigMcLargeHuge RPG demographic, if Dragon Quest re-releases are happening it's probably going to wind up being on a Sony system.

1-3 need major overhauls, like way more work than what 7 or 8 required.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Dr. Mario hearse! http://www.vooks.net/super-mario-bros-30th-anniversary-hot-wheels-cars-spotted/

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Mario Kart car isn't even a go kart. These are the exact same cars that Mattel used for their other themed franchise ones.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Still angry I will never be able fashion up my 3DS with face plates

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I also enjoyed Star Fox Adventures, though I can't remember any other game I've ever played where I needed to dive for the remote to hit the mute button out of sheer embarrassment. But it was a solid Zelda clone and there simply aren't that many out there so I liked it quite a bit.

If they're going to put a Star Fox character in, they need to quit loving around and put the best character in.

Peppy. :colbert:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Overemotional Robot posted:

Yeah, I was hoping for a VC release of all the previous remakes and the Dragon Warrior 1-3 remakes, but seems like that's not happening.
They'll all be on Android instead

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

When Nintendo said it was going to get its brand out there again, this is not what I had in mind.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Did the SNES controller kinda suck? The d-pad is one of those ones where it's all really one big button that rocks in the direction you're pressing and the ABYX ones feel a bit...weird? It's not a big deal at all, but it doesn't feel as defined as I thought it would. Are there dope 3rd party ones?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Did the SNES controller kinda suck? The d-pad is one of those ones where it's all really one big button that rocks in the direction you're pressing and the ABYX ones feel a bit...weird? It's not a big deal at all, but it doesn't feel as defined as I thought it would. Are there dope 3rd party ones?

No, it was amazing. At least that's how I remember it. I haven't used one since 2006.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Overemotional Robot posted:

When Nintendo said it was going to get its brand out there again, this is not what I had in mind.

Just be glad this is being done now instead of a few years ago when MK 8 was in development resulting in special guest star Danica Patrick racing in a giant Hot Wheel kart.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

You have seriously never used an NES/SNES styled D-pad? It was the original and is the standard all others were judged by, and the reason other d-pads sucked was that Nintendo defended its patent fiercely. The only other design that can claim to be as good was the Sega Saturn D-pad (The one from the japanese pads, not the lovely american ones that were different for no reason.), and even then I'd say the Nintendo one is better for platforming while the Sega one is better for fighting games.

I have never heard anything but praise for the SNES controller. You sure you have an original? There's a lot of knock-offs floating around that are pieces of poo poo.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Zonekeeper posted:

You have seriously never used an NES/SNES styled D-pad? It was the original and is the standard all others were judged by, and the reason other d-pads sucked was that Nintendo defended its patent fiercely. The only other design that can claim to be as good was the Sega Saturn D-pad (The one from the japanese pads, not the lovely american ones that were different for no reason.), and even then I'd say the Nintendo one is better for platforming while the Sega one is better for fighting games.

I have never heard anything but praise for the SNES controller. You sure you have an original? There's a lot of knock-offs floating around that are pieces of poo poo.

Yeah, I got it from here on the Mart as part of the modded SNES bundle. I had an SNES growing up but I have no memory of the controller. I like the feel of the controller and it works well, but it's one of those things where "it'd be better if it did this this way" to make itself better than it is.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Supercar Gautier posted:

No, it definitely wouldn't be Lana, since there are other characters in HW who have appeared several times in the mainline Zelda series, and would be closer to the front of the line.

It would be like if Sakurai had put Waluigi in Melee and left out Peach.

I was referring to characters created for HW (basically Lana and Cia), not just Zelda characters in general.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

RyokoTK posted:

I was referring to characters created for HW (basically Lana and Cia), not just Zelda characters in general.

Volga for Smash.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

Back in the day it was real nice, but I can't imagine using one now and tolerating it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I guess I was expecting the buttons to have the same kind of feel as the Pro controller.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Finished SMB2. What a weird game. Excited about SMB3.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

I was testing Ganbare Goemon 2 a while ago, the controller has lasted the test of time. Kind of made me wish the Club Nintendo Wii ver was released in the States.

I do use this 3rd Party one from time to time. Had one as a kid. I looked so cool that I brought I new one when I brought another SNES.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jul 28, 2015

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

The Taint Reaper posted:

The Mario Kart car isn't even a go kart. These are the exact same cars that Mattel used for their other themed franchise ones.

I think that's kinda the point, they're for HW collectors (which exist, apparently?)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Katana Gomai posted:

I think that's kinda the point, they're for HW collectors (which exist, apparently?)

If you release a set of anything, at least three people will collect them and one of them will actively fight the other two to complete their own set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Dragon Quest 10 and 11 were announced for NX (and PS4, and 3DS).

• Locked thread