Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Father Wendigo posted:

Shortly after being introduced into the Neo UnderGround RailRoad and it's Operatives, the PC will realize calling all these plot essential character by their full titile, Neo UnderGround RailRoad Operatives, is quite the mouthful and instead opt to call anyone affiliated with the group as N.U.G.R.R.O.s .

Later shortened to Neo Underground Agents, or NUGAs.

JackBadass posted:

Todd Howard is literally the devil and is solely responsible for all evil in the world. I honestly doubt he's even a real person so much as a concept or a metaphore representing anything and everything wrong with the world.

This has already been established

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Hieronymus Bosch's Violent Forcing of the Todd, which depicts the second coming of paid mods (as described in Kotaku).

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 28, 2015

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Later shortened to Neo Underground Agents, or NUGAs.

Of course, if you choose to side with the bold future visions of The Institute, you'll come to know them as New Institute Genetically Generated Elementary Replicant Synthetic, otherwise known afffffff:suicide:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Have we really gotten to this point of the thread?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

It can go further.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

ImpAtom posted:

Godwin's Law kicked in pretty early so it really didn't have any other direction to go in.

How about we distract ourselves with the fact that autistic gamers the world over have somehow managed to outstrip some Chinese factory's ability to mass produce cheap plastic crap for impulsive man-children.

You can also do the rounds and read a different takes on the Quakecon presentation and try to extrapolate how the new info will work into the game. If anything else, it sounds like environment will be a lot more hostile and you can just run around blindly anymore. Of course each write up reads like a highschooler trying to take a simple concept you can explain in a sentence or two and drag it out for 5 paragraphs so they can hit the minimum word count on their essay.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Boogaleeboo posted:

Todd Howard at one point or another has admitted to every single fault a Bethesda game has had on film. Nobody in this thread will take responsibility for their poo poo posting.

T-How wins.

It'd be nice if they could actually fix the faults as well, but good point.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

2house2fly posted:

It'd be nice if they could actually fix the faults as well, but good point.

It was nice of him to admit that the original ending of Fallout 3 was very bad while selling a DLC to fix it.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

gay rear end crossposts from /tesg/ and r/fallout

any sort of criticism of the game is shitposting... time 2 gas...

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Please do not criticize this heartless corporate product meant to milk money from the gullible. It is not very nice.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

imagine wanting to talk about a game in the games discussion thread about it...

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Hieronymus Bosch's Violent Forcing of the Todd, which depicts the second coming of paid mods (as described in Kotaku).

Those demons playing cards are having a good time gaming and so shall we.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Dongicus posted:

imagine wanting to talk about a game in the games discussion thread about it...

Imagine Todd Howard stamping his heterosexual wedding ring over your perks selection screen--forever.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Consider, just for a moment, that a circle-jerking unhealthy obsession with a single game dev isn't actually talking about a game in the games subforum, but instead being extremely goddamn creepy and annoying.

Like, scream about NV and Fallout 3 and whatever dumb poo poo you love and hate that makes either game the best or worst or literally poo poo or w/e, but the Todd Howard stuff isn't actually talking about the game, or any game.

Magmarashi fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 28, 2015

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

BUY MY loving GAME

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Magmarashi posted:

Consider, just for a moment, that a circle-jerking unhealthy obsession with a single game dev isn't actually talking about a game in the games subforum, but instead being extremely goddamn creepy and annoying.

Talk about Fallout 4 then. Here I'll start: Fallout 4 is gonna be really bad.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Fibby Boy posted:

Agreed, seems like it's going to be poor.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Fibby Boy posted:

Worst game ever made, complete poo poo. Actually, literally poo poo. I opened the box, and someone had just taken a dump in the metal collectors tin. 10/10

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Psychotic Weasel posted:

How about we distract ourselves with the fact that autistic gamers the world over have somehow managed to outstrip some Chinese factory's ability to mass produce cheap plastic crap for impulsive man-children.

Oh good, the 12 flippers that bought 100 of these apiece can pat themselves on the back before shoving all 100 of the Pip Boy cases up their assholes after nobody buys them off of eBay for 5 times what the entire Collector's Edition costs.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Fibby Boy posted:

This is the Fallout for all of the people who've been saying "This game would be much better if it was less of a game and more Destiny and Mass Effect".

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Fallout 4 is like Fallout mixed with Mass Effect? Yes please

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Mass Effect is less of a game?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Wait how is Fallout 4 going to be like mass effect? I fail to see any comparison.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

JackBadass posted:

This is the Fallout for all of the people who've been saying "This game would be much better if it was less of a game and more Destiny and Mass Effect".

It's gonna suck so bad guys, it's gonna be Skyrim with guns.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

TontoCorazon posted:

Wait how is Fallout 4 going to be like mass effect? I fail to see any comparison.

1.) The protagonist talks
2.) Dialogue UI slightly wheel-shaped
3.) ????

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

TontoCorazon posted:

Voiced protag, dialogue system similar to the one in ME series, romanceable companions. Like those are supposed to be bad things :rolleyes:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

frajaq posted:

Voiced protag, dialogue system similar to the one in ME series, romanceable companions. Like those are supposed to be bad things :rolleyes:

I'm drawing a blank on how they're good things.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Fibby Boy posted:

This is what Fallout 3's dialogue system looked like:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Fibby Boy posted:

They aren't. They aren't good things or bad things. They are just things.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
This game looks way better than Fallout 3 and Fallout: NV.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
PUT CROSSBOWS AND SPEARS BACK IN THE GAEM HOWARD

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Constant Hamprince posted:

This is what Fallout 3's dialogue system looked like:

Yes and it was also bad. Then again fallout 3 had really bad dialogue choices.

edit:

Boogaleeboo posted:

They aren't. They aren't good things or bad things. They are just things.

Yeah I can agree with this. Except for the voiced protagonist thing.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Fallout 4's dialogue system is even worse than mass effect's. Only 4 choices. And lol if you think bethesda is going to have a "more options" button. Every conversation will be good karma, bad karma, special check, goodbye.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

frajaq posted:

It's not like mass effect invented these things.

And so what if there's romances, if people don't like it they don't have to do it. People are acting like the dialog selection was better before, honestly it wasn't. And I'm glad we have voiced protagonists.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I'm not a fan if Mass Effect. I really like Ikaruga. So I think Fallout 4 should be more like Ikaruga.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

2house2fly posted:

I'm not a fan if Mass Effect. I really like Ikaruga. So I think Fallout 4 should be more like Ikaruga.

Fallout 4 should really be more like a Kurosawa film

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Posting on a comedy forum does not make you a comedian.

Fallout 4 is going to rule. Haters gonna drool. Because you're mental deficient, get it? Hurr hurr.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Fibby Boy posted:

Yeah I can agree with this. Except for the voiced protagonist thing.

If you are telling a story about a specific person that has much less leeway in how it goes, a good voice actor elevates the writing. There is, for instance, no reality in which the Witcher games would be improved by removing Geralt's voice.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Boogaleeboo posted:

If you are telling a story about a specific person that has much less leeway in how it goes, a good voice actor elevates the writing. There is, for instance, no reality in which the Witcher games would be improved by removing Geralt's voice.

The difference being that the witcher games are written well compared to:

also it makes any mods that add dialogue a millions times more jarring and lovely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Boogaleeboo posted:

Can't wait to play the role playing game about a specific person with much less leeway.

• Locked thread