Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Yeah that's a fine trade too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Cool. I already accepted it this morning. It just felt too good to be true on an initial offer. I wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Rendon is starting tonight :siren:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Two years ago Alex Rodriguez was literally my comedy option when I made him the very last pick in my draft (for real, I even found my post about it in the archives)

This year, I picked him up off waivers and now he's my starting 3B, I <3 u alex-san :allears:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

tinstaach posted:

Two years ago Alex Rodriguez was literally my comedy option when I made him the very last pick in my draft (for real, I even found my post about it in the archives)

This year, I picked him up off waivers and now he's my starting 3B, I <3 u alex-san :allears:

If only he would retain 3B ellig next year, I would keep him for sure.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I comedy drafted him this season last and I ended up trading Doug Fister for Nolan Arenado on Opening Day. Would have been fine keeping Fister which is hilarious.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Perez and Rizzo seriously holding me back this week

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Drop the bums.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Real talk though you should look into trading Sal Perez if you can get a good trade partner and there's something good on the wire. Ned Yost is going full :regd08: on Perez behind the plate and it'll probably lead to a second half crash again like it did last year.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Anybody else play in an ESPN points league? I don't think I got the no-hitter bonus for Cole Hamels even though we have it in our settings. Do they usually have lag on these things?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Carlos Gonzalez very good at the game of based balls.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Is Wada going to pitch on Tuesday? The Cubs have Lester scheduled for Wednesday but nobody for Tuesday and Wada last pitched last Tuesday in the minors. He might be a good 2 start pitcher.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I ended up winning this week after being down so many points that I literally needed one of my pitchers to throw a no hitter to even have a chance of winning, and even then it was unlikely. God bless you Cole Hamels.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

is castellanos good now?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I hope not. I picked him up to start for the past two games, then dropped again. I'd say it worked out. 3/7 2R, 2 HR, 4 RBI for two games.

I want to pick him back up next time he plays bad lefties.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sweet I just lost another week to a guy who isn't even active because the Detroit Tigers couldn't get Xander loving Bogaerts out. :bravo:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I managed to win my pitching pitching categories 3-2-1 despite my opponent getting twenty-one friggin saves, I know it was a long week but the other 9 teams combined only had 33.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

DeepDickPizza posted:

Anybody else play in an ESPN points league? I don't think I got the no-hitter bonus for Cole Hamels even though we have it in our settings. Do they usually have lag on these things?

Everything goes through quickly but SO and beyond seem to take a day or two to certify.

If it happens on a Sunday let your commissioners know.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Carlos Carrasco is a very frustrating pitcher, his xFIP says he should be good but the guy gets shelled way too often.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
gently caress you, David Ortiz. gently caress you in your ancient, decrepit rear end in a top hat.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
So who are the immediate closer fill-ins for the likely-to-be-traded closers?

Papelbon --- Giles
Boxberger --- McGee (and if he's shipped too, Jepsen)
Axford --- Latroy Hawkins
Kimbrel --- Benoit
Chapman --- Hoover?
Clippard --- Mujica? Scribner? Doolittle?

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Colorado/Cincy/Oakland would almost assuredly go to a committee rather than hand the keys to one guy, but I think your hierarchy of guys to target is right on.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Johnson -> Vizcaino is possible

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Piper posted:

So who are the immediate closer fill-ins for the likely-to-be-traded closers?

Papelbon --- Giles
Boxberger --- McGee (and if he's shipped too, Jepsen)
Axford --- Latroy Hawkins
Kimbrel --- Benoit
Chapman --- Hoover?
Clippard --- Mujica? Scribner? Doolittle?

I think Benoit is more likely to be traded than Kimbrel, and as far as I know Doolittle is still dead.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Abel Wingnut posted:

is castellanos good now?

I would think not. He played 2 series against Seattle and was part of many high scoring games there. Other series looks like he's regressed to his normal activity.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
One guy just offered me two trades
I Give: Josh Donaldson/Edwin Encarnacion/Jaime Garcia
I Get: Albert Pujols/Adrian Beltre/Madison Bumgarner

AND

I Give: Jaime Garcia
I Get: Anthony Rendon

Dude really thinks highly of Jaime Garcia (I mashed accept on the second one)

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
After starting the year 1-5, I've battled back to 9-6, good enough for third place. I'm 2nd in points forced and 2nd(highest) points against. Really earning it this year. I have a realistic shot to take over 2nd place and secure a first round buy in the playoffs which would be huge(since I don't have much FAAB left and people stream more in the playoffs).

Torbo
Jun 12, 2007
I offered Joc Pederson for Matt Harvey, which was declined.

He countered with:

I give: Pederson and Liriano
I get: Harvey and Gardener.

What do you guys think?

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
Weekly points fantasy league, I have 2 two-start options with 2 starts to fill out. Should I start:
Iwakuma (ARI, @MIN)
Lance Lynn (CIN, COL)

I could also start both, which would get me both guys' first start but not the second.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

Torbo posted:

He countered with:

What do you guys think?

This is probably a fair trade but depends on team need. Liriano hasn't been hurt yet and there is NO WAY he gets to 200 IP so I'd probably be looking to move him. Harvey and Liriano have been about even this year in production/value, but I do expect Harvey to hit 190-200 IP (no chance for more, the Mets won't push him.) ROS Joc will probably have 5-8 more homers than Gardner, and Gardner will probably have 8-10 more steals and 10-15 more hits.

thefncrow posted:

Weekly points fantasy league, I have 2 two-start options with 2 starts to fill out. Should I start:
Iwakuma (ARI, @MIN)
Lance Lynn (CIN, COL)

I could also start both, which would get me both guys' first start but not the second.

I would go with Lynn but they are both good options.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I need some trade advice. This is a H2H points keeper league with weekly rosters. I was just offered Lance Lynn, Cody Allen, and Adam Jones for Carlos Martinez and Kolten Wong. I haven't payed any attention to Lynn or Allen but after a quick look over it seems like an okay deal to me. Martinez and Wong are good keepers at $9 and $1 respectively, while Lynn and Allen aren't eligible to be kept, and Jones can be kept for $27 which I wouldn't do. I don't want to give up Martinez and Wong but I am in desperate need of pitching depth if I want to make the playoffs. Is this something I should consider? I was also thinking I might be able to offer Tulo ($28) instead of Wong and get a better pitcher in return (Chris Archer ($16) would be who I'd go after). If I made the trade I would be filling the hole Wong/Tulo left with Zobrist or Panik.

Usually I'm the one who's playing for next year, but this is the first time I've had a shot at the playoffs and I'm not used to looking at trades from this side of things.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Torbo posted:

He countered with:

What do you guys think?

I'd take it if you don't need Joc's handful of extra home runs, like weas said. Gardner is awesome and I wish I owned him anywhere. I'd also expect Harvey to have better production than Liriano down the stretch, but that's mostly just based on my own personal bias. I don't if the stats are there to back it up. At worst, the pitching part of the trade is probably a wash.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

if that's a keeper league i'm holding pederson for dear life, but if i'm in win now mode...probably taking that deal

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

got another trade accepted.

give: Troy Tulowitzki, Mookie Betts, Lance Lynn

get: Nelson Cruz, Chris Sale

how this affects my roster:

C: Lucroy
1B: Frazier
2B: Wong
3B: Seager
SS: Correa
OF: Braun
OF: Cruz
OF: Carlos Gonzalez
UTIL: Maybin
UTIL: Desmond
BN: Sano
DL: Springer
DL: Stanton

SP: Sale / Hammel / Fernandez / Carrasco / Ross / Syndergaard / Jimenez
RP: Soria / Motte / Betances / Davis

My pitching was dogshit, so Sale helps out a lot, and my OF will be beasty when healthy.

edit: and now of course Tulo gets loving TRADED TO THE BLUEJAYS :cry: god damnit.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jul 28, 2015

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Carson Smith is going to remain the closer in Seattle for a while, right? I dropped Axford to pick him up from free agency, so it's not like I really lost much getting him, but it would be nice to know.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

CarGo is on fire holy poo poo. :stare:

7 HR in his last 5 games. :circlefap:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I could have had him for free, and now here I am sitting with 5 OF slots and Stanton, Gordon, and Span on the DL. :smith:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
He's played his way back into keeper contention for me. Wish he still stole bases, though.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am guessing Osuna is out as closer for the Jays, or is LaTroy going to be a setup guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

I could have had CarGo for Pederson but I said no because it's a keeper league. I still feel like I made the right decision, but gently caress does CarGo look great right now.

• Locked thread