Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I broke my phone. It still works somewhat, but I'll have to get it fixed since it's a pain in the rear end to use it like this, and the guy I asked for a quote to fix it still hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

drgnwr1 posted:

Printing 100+ pages of 24x36 plans on an older plotter so I go do some other stuff while I wait. 20 minutes later I go check on the printing to see if it is done yet to find out that it ran out of paper after 15 pages.

The past 7 years of my life in a nutshell. Always check the paper.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Ugh. It's like, really hot. My window unit isn't cooling the house as much as I'd hoped.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It's going to be cloudy and in the 70s all weekend and the immediately back to 100.
I'm afraid my house boys will collapse from all the frond fanning they will do to keep my wine orgies comfortable.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.

Monday_ posted:

The past 7 years of my life in a nutshell. Always check the paper.

Of course yesterday I had caused the newer plotter to also run out of paper, but it is faster, and I was standing right there when it did.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I feel like you need to start an E/N thread about dealing with your mom, you sound like you have a lot to vent about.

Sorry about the kitten though, that really sucks. (go to the cute pictures thread and look at cute animals to feel better!)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I had waffle flavored breakfast cereal for breakfast and now my urine smells like waffles :emo:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm not entirely sure if this is a 'problem' or not but according to speedtest.net my internet speed has gone up by a factor of loving ten :stare: I'm really, really hoping this doesn't come back to bite my wallet in the rear end. What the gently caress, Time Warner?

E: It should say something about how the internet providers in the US work that I'm actually worried about my speed going up, not down.

Update on this. They really really did bump me up from ~15mbps to ~120mbps without charging me a single cent more a month! That's good!
Unfortunately, right after they did that, my connection started being randomly spotty as gently caress; sometimes it'll stay solid for hours, then it'll flicker intermittently and never stay up for more than ten minutes. That's bad!
Time Warner sent a dude over to test our router and it's not our router that's the problem! That's good!
It's the ancient-rear end cable in the wall that can't handle the new speeds, so they'll have to send someone later this week to yank it out and replace it. That's :suicide:!

I will credit them at least with wanting to fix the problem, unlike when we had AT&T who just told us "Haha tough poo poo, downgrade your plan" while charging us ten bucks more a month than I pay now for 6mbps, but we never got more than 2.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 00:58 on Jul 25, 2015

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

The Moon Monster posted:

I had waffle flavored breakfast cereal for breakfast and now my urine smells like waffles :emo:

Isn't that one of the signs of diabeetus?

FWP: I waited 40 minutes for a haircut this morning. For the entire time I had to sit there on the leather couch in the air conditioned shop watching bland morning TV.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My manly, manly musk is obliterating my deodorant and it's making beautiful people follow me around this yacht showcase.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Creature posted:

Isn't that one of the signs of diabeetus?

FWP: I waited 40 minutes for a haircut this morning. For the entire time I had to sit there on the leather couch in the air conditioned shop watching bland morning TV.

I think sweet smelling urine is. This smells decidedly waffley, exactly like the cereal. I'm not a fatty or anything so I doubt I have the beetus.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

kannonfodder posted:

I feel like you need to start an E/N thread about dealing with your mom, you sound like you have a lot to vent about.

Sorry about the kitten though, that really sucks. (go to the cute pictures thread and look at cute animals to feel better!)

I don't like to whine, but I think at a certain point if you don't vent, even online, you'll explode. It'll just get harder as she gets older and less able to do things. A coworker of mine told me how she hates her direct boss because he bitches about taking care of his mother-in-law nonstop, but I reminded her it's hard to do the "oh I am a live-in nurse plus work and my own family" poo poo without wanting someone or something to blame. I imagine parents of teenagers feel similar too: you bust your rear end all day and come home to someone loafing around who doesn't do poo poo, in your eyes, when they are actually busy but you just never see it. In the case of that boss, he was balancing his own store, trying to help run a store without a manager, take care of his kids over summer break, and his mother-in-law, who was in and out of the hospital, couldn't watch the kids, and overall the dude was struggling. But he couldn't get mad at the kids, or his work, but his mother-in-law he could, somewhat, in venting about her when she wasn't around.

Anyway kitten Varys is gone. His five foster siblings seem to note that they are down one, but we are taking on another this weekend from another foster who is having issues fostering cats and unrelated kittens.

And I didn't cry at the vet. I think the fact I had the paperwork all set and the techs were nice and got me in and out of the waiting area quick helped. But it never feels normal to leave with an empty carrier from a vet office.

Here, something unrelated to cats: my friend married a manchild and moved to another country to be with him. Three years into the marriage and he spends most of his days calling in sick to work and sleeping or watching movies, leaving her to work fulltime and run all the errands, deal with her own sick feline, and try to keep the place clean. She is superstressed and there's nothing I can do about it.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I had a 4 day weekend and I'm already halfway through it. Geez, time. Slow down.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I haven't been getting enough sleep lately because I've been consistently going out late to the cinema with my friends.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

They swapped out the line. It's still dropping intermittently :suicide: I just want steady goddamn internet, why is this so hard

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I haven't been getting enough sleep lately because I've been trapped in the godless hell that is my in-laws house. My husband recently lost his job due to downsizing, and I can't support both of us on my income because I only work part time, so we're stuck here until one of us gets a better job or goes insane or kills someone. Everyone in this household is an early riser, including my 2-year-old niece. Unfortunately, I work in a bar and sometimes don't get out of there until 3am. Everyone else wakes up at 6am. I haven't slept at all today because there's just too much noise, and this is the second weekend in a row that's been ruined for me like this. I'm supposed to go to a friend's baby shower and a concert today but I really just want to curl up somewhere and die.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Mizufusion posted:

I haven't been getting enough sleep lately because I've been trapped in the godless hell that is my in-laws house. My husband recently lost his job due to downsizing, and I can't support both of us on my income because I only work part time, so we're stuck here until one of us gets a better job or goes insane or kills someone. Everyone in this household is an early riser, including my 2-year-old niece. Unfortunately, I work in a bar and sometimes don't get out of there until 3am. Everyone else wakes up at 6am. I haven't slept at all today because there's just too much noise, and this is the second weekend in a row that's been ruined for me like this. I'm supposed to go to a friend's baby shower and a concert today but I really just want to curl up somewhere and die.

Earplugs, noise-cancelling headphones, white-noise makers, or play soothing music at a low volume. Any of those will work wonders for when people are being loud around you.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

They installed fibre in my neighborhood but I'm too lazy to switch.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
When adding my credit card to Apple Pay I had to enter the details in manually because my card background is Van Gogh's Starry Night and the image recognition software couldn't make sense of it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I wanted to start recording a blind playthrough of Fallout 3 tonight with my boyfriend but he's busy chatting to a mutual acquaintance on Skype. We were going to start it this weekend and everything.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

Monday_ posted:

When adding my credit card to Apple Pay I had to enter the details in manually because my card background is Van Gogh's Starry Night and the image recognition software couldn't make sense of it.

:eyepop:
This should be quoted in the OP

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I examined the cable they laid.
They literally just laid it on the ground, attached it to whatever the main cable is, then punched a hole in the wall next to my window leading out onto the patio where the cable snakes along the concrete before being pulled under my fence. :eng99:
Would it have killed them to have at least *tried* to protect it from the elements? I thought this poo poo was usually buried.

And I just know they're gonna charge me for it because it wouldn't be Time Warner if they didn't poo poo in my cornflakes somehow.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 08:34 on Jul 26, 2015

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Monday_ posted:

This really seems like we've peaked out here holy crap :golfclap:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea, that's pretty much one of the top FWPs I have seen in here.

Mine this morning is I just finished moving a shitload of boxes into the attic and I smell like a hobo's rear end in a top hat, and I really want to shower but I have to finish laundry cause I need dry towels and all mine are in the washer from last night :saddowns:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I didn't get to watch the UFC live last night so I can't go on Facebook till I get to see it later or I'll be spoiled about results.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I got a Tuft and Needle foam mattress a few months ago. At first it felt too firm, but now that I've gotten used to it all other beds feel like crap and make it hard to go to sleep.

I went on vacation for a week last week, the above ruined a lot of it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Summer in a college town means, among other things, local restaurants cut their food deliveries because they're not selling meals to hungry college students. The place we picked for dinner tonight was out of several things and made me a Frankensalad. Would've worked if they hadn't used the salty chicken from the sandwich line instead of the unsalted chicken they normally use on salads.

Also, the ice cream place closed early because they were out of ice cream. That's never happened before.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
Fiance made lasagna last night and there were leftovers, only brought in one piece for lunch today. But I still want another piece as it is so good.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I bought an awesome new pair of heels, but they make me like 6'5" and I'll look ridiculous next to just about everyone I know.

Still gonna wear them, but it'll be weird.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I overslept this morning and didn't get into the office till almost 1pm. I just missed everyone else leaving for lunch and they went to my favourite restaurant. I ended up reading my book with a cup of coffee in one of the indoor gardens but it wasn't as quite as good.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
My laptop is heating up and I have to sit at a desk to watch Youtube instead of laying in bed.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I got headphones that are comfortable as gently caress and work with my cochlear implant! I've been watching so much poo poo on YouTube with them that the reading voice in my head has been replaced by Markiplier.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I got a new cellphone that looks really nice, but I need to put it in a probably ugly case so I won't scratch it because it is literally made of glass.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I heard a song I like, but I didn't think to identify it using my phone until it was over.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

kannonfodder posted:

I heard a song I like, but I didn't think to identify it using my phone until it was over.

Did you hear it on the radio? Just go on their website where they post the playlist of the previous days.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

kannonfodder posted:

There's a "help me identify a song" thread in NMD, maybe they could help you.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

My favorite breakfast sandwich place ran out of oil so I couldn't get any hashbrowns to go with my sandwich :(

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I'll be having a baby in two months and people are giving us a poo poo ton of gifts so we can't buy any baby stuff until we're done receiving gifts since we'll have too many duplicate :( There's so many cute stuff we want to buy. I guess the sometime slightly less cute stuff people get for us will have to do!

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
You didn't instantly refill my iced tea? $1 tip means gently caress you...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
I am trying to use up these Starbucks gift cards that everyone gives me and I never use. They have a snores frappuchino, whatever a frappuchino is, but they are not doing frappuchino today? gently caress you. I am going to dunkin donuts