Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Ah, the old "Bedrock Bump effect" eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I thought the personality shift came when he crawled under the console to get his ring, got spooked by a rat under there, and cracked his skull on the underside of the console.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

PantsOptional posted:

I thought the personality shift came when he crawled under the console to get his ring, got spooked by a rat under there, and cracked his skull on the underside of the console.

That's what I remember too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PantsOptional posted:

Yeah, that's what happened.

It was also Lobo (I think?) who punched him back into being an rear end in a top hat.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

"You have shown the ability to be a huge idiot. Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps"

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Opopanax posted:

"You have shown the ability to be a huge idiot. Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps"

That is the best way to sum up Hal Jordan I've ever heard.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nothing about how the ring chooses people based on intelligence, its just "without fear" and "honest."

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
How many times have the Guardians nearly wiped out all life in the universe with badly programmed/mindwiped robocops?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Choco1980 posted:

rear end in a top hat Green Latern and Playboy Guy Gardner.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

TheJoker138 posted:

Guy Garnder left the dogs in the enclosed pool area.

:vince:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Choco1980 posted:

Now I just want to watch that one Harvey Birdman episode with Green Lanterns instead of the Flintstones.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

TheJoker138 posted:

Guy Garnder left the dogs in the enclosed pool area.

I don't get it. :saddowns: What's the joke?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's a very tasteless (albeit sometimes still funny) joke referring to the last words sent by text of professional wrestler Chris Benoit, shortly after killing his wife and son, and before killing himself.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The best Green Lantern / Hal Jordan moment was the first 3 issues of the New 52 reboot which had Sinestro (who was a GL) basically showing Hal what a gently caress up he is and ends with Hal getting disintegrated by the Yellow Central Battery. Had the book actually killed him like that and continued focus on Sinestro I'd still be reading it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

It's a very tasteless (albeit sometimes still funny) joke referring to the last words sent by text of professional wrestler Chris Benoit, shortly after killing his wife and son, and before killing himself.

It's relevant because his brain scans apparently looked like swiss cheese due to all the concussions he had suffered.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

TheJoker138 posted:

It's relevant because his brain scans apparently looked like swiss cheese due to all the concussions he had suffered.

Wasn't his signature move jumping off a ladder to deliver a headbutt?

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Turnbuckle, but the effect is the same.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He also did the ladder/cage version of that way more often than anyone should. (Which is ever. Ever doing it is too often)

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

It's worth noting that have another guy doing headbutts off the turnbuckle now, but "thankfully" his in ring career might be over already because it turned his neck into Swiss cheese before his brain.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cabbit posted:

It's worth noting that have another guy doing headbutts off the turnbuckle now, but "thankfully" his in ring career might be over already because it turned his neck into Swiss cheese before his brain.

RIP Daniel Bryan

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Cabbit posted:

Turns out it's his brain.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

muscles like this? posted:

Nothing about how the ring chooses people based on intelligence, its just "without fear" and "honest."

Hey, unimaginative idiots probably ARE more likely to be too dumb to be scared or lie effectively, so the rings selecting the less intelligent by preference actually makes sense!

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

You know what else is on his finger? A ring that lets him summon glow in the dark objects. Is green lantern an idiot in universe as well?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Amorphous Blob posted:

You know what else is on his finger? A ring that lets him summon glow in the dark objects. Is green lantern an idiot in universe as well?

PantsOptional posted:

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Dang I might be dumb enough to join the corps :downs:

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

muscles like this? posted:

I swear there was an old comic where they need a temporary Green Lantern for some reason, and the ring picks some helpful alien, and at the end of the story it turns out he's a mental patient on his home planet because he literally can't feel fear and so can't function normally...

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

John Dyne posted:

I don't get it. :saddowns: What's the joke?

Someone had been spreading lies that Hal had been on the juice, big time.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Prez is good. real good

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Someone should start a 'Hal jordan being hit on the head' tumblr.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

It says something that after about 14 years, I instantly recognize that panel from the only GL comic I ever had.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I call bullshit. That hit him in the head, not the tunk!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I smell a newspaper Spider-Man / Green Lantern team-up!

"Spider-Man, you're no match for me! You only get hit in the head with bricks--! I can get a head injury from any object!"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Gavok posted:

I call bullshit. That hit him in the head, not the tunk!

I never knew that a metal statue to the temple made a "zomp" sound.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Bruceski posted:

I never knew that a metal statue to the temple made a "zomp" sound.

Normally it wouldn't, but at this point Green Lantern's head contains more fluid than brain.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Binary Badger posted:

I smell a newspaper Spider-Man / Green Lantern team-up!

"Spider-Man, you're no match for me! You only get hit in the head with bricks--! I can get a head injury from any object!"
Superheroes my subject, bricks my medium.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
To be fair if anyone actually deserves a brick to the skull, it's Reed Richards.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Miracle Man doesn't gently caress around. You mess with his plans, you get a brick thrown in your face.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
More Head Trauma Hal:

(Flash v1 #246)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Amorphous Blob posted:

Wasn't there at least one Lantern who did not understand the concept of 'Light' thanks to his home's conditions so they had to phrase it as 'Sound' instead? I think it's even around here somewhere...