Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Hardflip posted:

Jordan Ayew is a Done Deal with this amazing intro cutscene

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/625664995175624705/video/1

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
WWE 2016 is looking good

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
The new PES is looking good

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
What the

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Hardflip posted:

Jordan Ayew is a Done Deal with this amazing intro cutscene

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/625664995175624705/video/1

Get loving fired up Villa fans it's Jordan loving Ayew.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Levys gotta be rubbing his hands together, wondering how much of that Benteke money he'll get

all of it on deadline day

MrBling posted:

£5m seems to be the price.

So Levy will get 5m, but Ade will get the rest in wages.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Afellay to Stoke is a Done Deal.

No amazing intro cutscene though unfortunately.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

That barca to stoke pipeline is real. In a few years, we'll see if Messi can do it on a wet, windy night

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
It's four so far, and we keep getting linked with Adama Traore too. Makes a hell of a change from buying Portsmouth and Sunderland reserve players.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Jovetic to Inter will be a done deal tomorrow: it's initially a £2mil loan, with a mandatory purchase clause for £10.25mil kicking in at the end of this season.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Troy Queef posted:

Jovetic to Inter will be a done deal tomorrow: it's initially a £2mil loan, with a mandatory purchase clause for £10.25mil kicking in at the end of this season.

I would just like to point out that its a 2 year loan deal, and supposedly there's a 20% sell on clause.

WangNV
Mar 22, 2001
I'm so lonely
Didier Drogba to Chicago Fire is conf... wait to Montreal Impact is confirmed.

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2015/07/impact-acquires-striker-didier-drogba

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
loving Montreal.

Seeing Drogba tear it up at Toyota Park would have been great.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
did the MLS place him?

e: reading it, it looks like it's a trade with Chicago.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I don't think Drogz is going to like the cold.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
it's hot in Chicago at the moment.

this deal is a little sketchy, not exactly how Montreal have done a deal with Chicago for Drogba when he's not even been in one picture holding up a Chicago Fire shirt.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

WangNV posted:

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2015/07/impact-acquires-striker-didier-drogba

Bullshit.

There's no way Drogba weighs 177lbs. He has to be over 190.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently the French language was a factor in this transfer:

Drogba had been a target of several MLS teams over the years, but the Fire had the right of first refusal after filing a discovery claim and making a legitimate effort to sign the 37-year-old over the past month. However, Drogba's camp indicated a preference for Montreal. Carlisle reports that "the prospect of playing in the French-speaking city proved more attractive to the former Ivory Coast captain," and that both allocation money and Targeted Allocation Money are involved in the transaction.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Gilberto to Chicago Fire is a Done Deal.

BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (July 27, 2015) – The Chicago Fire announced today that the club has acquired former Toronto FC Designated Player Gilberto after claiming him on waivers. Per league and team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

In order to accommodate Gilberto as a Designated Player on the Fire roster, targeted allocation money was used to lower the budget charge of Kennedy Igboananike, freeing a Designated Player slot.

The Fire also completed a sign-and-trade deal with the Montreal Impact, acquiring general and targeted allocation money in exchange for Ivorian international Didier Drogba.

“Gilberto is in the prime of his career and can immediately help our club push toward the MLS Cup Playoffs this year and for years to come,” said Chicago Fire Head Coach and Director of Soccer Frank Yallop. “We’ve been tracking Gilberto for some time now and knew he could become available due to Toronto FC’s Designated Player situation. He’s shown he can score goals in this league and we look forward to him joining our club here in Chicago.

“With regards to the trade, we felt this move was in the best interest of our club. We received a significant amount of allocation money from Montreal, giving us the spending flexibility to find another player in this window or down the line. We respect Mr. Drogba’s professionalism throughout this process and wish him luck, but we are excited to welcome Gilberto to the club and move forward toward the MLS Cup Playoffs and the U.S. Open Cup Semifinals.”

Gilberto, 26, scored nine goals during his loan with Vasco da Gama, after arriving in February of 2015. Seven of those goals came during his club’s run through the Guanabara Cup.

http://www.chicago-fire.com/news/2015/07/chicago-fire-acquire-brazilian-forward-gilberto-designated-player

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I wish America would embrace full capitalism and the free market. None of these rules make sense.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sassassin posted:

I wish America would embrace full capitalism and the free market. None of these rules make sense.

Seriously. I just read the word allocated money over and over again and have no understanding of what that is. MLS is so stupid.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

MLS owns all player contracts and poo poo. Its so the league doesn't collapse like the NASL did.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Homura posted:

That barca to stoke pipeline is real. In a few years, we'll see if Messi can do it on a wet, windy night

Mark Hughes did actually play for Barca so perhaps he has some contacts.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

Seriously. I just read the word allocated money over and over again and have no understanding of what that is. MLS is so stupid.

They're all just silly rules they make up so LA can sign more washed up international players.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I am still in shock from the idea that a 19 year old turned down barcelona for stoke and then along comes afellay

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
can't wait for mark hughes and his land of broken toys to win the league

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
Ayew kidding me

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

WangNV posted:

Aw I was looking forward to Drogba and former Southampton star Guly do Prado forming a great strike partnership.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Has Superstar XI Whites Only club signed Marco Reus, De Gea and idk Mats Hummels yet??

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

actually nevermind, don't sign dortmund players

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Looks like the Joel Campbell's loan carousel will stop in Palermo this year.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Villa are in for their third Jordan of the window, Jordan Veretout

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

interesting Villa were supposed to spend all of their money on poo poo English people, and bought a load of French people named Jordan instead

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
West Brom are spending £8m on James Chester

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Jose posted:

wow that's terrible

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Looks like the Joel Campbell's loan carousel will stop in Palermo this year.

Happy for my good friend Drogadon who can now support the mighty pinks.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Jose posted:

Why the hell are they paying 8 million for a championship player

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Why the hell are they paying 8 million for a championship player

Planning ahead.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Vidal to Bayern is a done deal, he's gonna be presented in the Allianz Arena at 15:30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Felipe Luis to Atletico Madrid is a done deal.

• Locked thread