Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Niton posted:

There's a large contingent of players who are not only not trying their best, but who are offended by the idea that they should be giving 100% at all times. When they can be carried, they're usually a laughable footnote, but in Alex and Seal Rock, it's frustrating to see how little some people care.

I'm alright with people not giving 100% at all times since I don't do the same (in dungeon/roulette anyway, 100% always in raids/trials) but some people are just really weird in their lazyness. SMN's that only cast bio, monks that do nothing but dragon kick, healers that do nothing except heal even when there's one mob left alive that's hitting like a wet noodle etc.

It's like 'why did you even queue up if you're not going to put in the effort?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

EponymousMrYar posted:

I'm alright with people not giving 100% at all times since I don't do the same (in dungeon/roulette anyway, 100% always in raids/trials) but some people are just really weird in their lazyness. SMN's that only cast bio, monks that do nothing but dragon kick, healers that do nothing except heal even when there's one mob left alive that's hitting like a wet noodle etc.

It's like 'why did you even queue up if you're not going to put in the effort?'

I have narcolepsy and literally fall asleep at random, seemingly very frequently during dungeons

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
In main scenario roulette I am not paying any attention to the game at all 90% of the time, and in fact regularly put people on follow and go make a sandwich or use the bathroom. I often get commendations regardless of how obviously I'm phoning it in.

But maybe that doesn't count since it's literally the most braindead and easy content in the game. I actually try when I'm doing things that require effort.

pandaK posted:

I have narcolepsy and literally fall asleep at random, seemingly very frequently during dungeons

I've had a few DPS fall asleep in dungeons before. I've never actually had a group that cared enough to kick them though, we just kept going without them and they'd wake up and catch up for a couple pulls then fall back asleep.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I try to give 100% on everything but after grinding a1 for a pedal and getting dps that gets to hard enrage or not being able to roll higher than 40, you get a bit worn out on that exdr you did for a break.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Sometimes I'm just tired so I keep up Regen and Cure when needed.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Really, it's just practice. Keep playing the class and getting a feel for how long your casts take and keep an eye on your fire/enochian counters and know at which point you need to sacrifice a cast of fire 4 to toss out a fire or a blizzard 3+4 to keep things up.

The class may also just not be for you anymore. Keeping enochian up can be really stressful in high movement fights, and when I first got Scholar to 60 and healed an expert dungeon I was like "holy poo poo this is so relaxing"

Also, remember you can use Swiftcast to help get a B3 -> B4 off in a hurry.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Etrips posted:

There are three ways to try and get on a high populated server. 1) Attempt to make a character at random times hoping to get in. 2) Make a character after servers come up from maintenance (there is one tonight) 3) Start playing on another server and pay to transfer after 3 days

I too am trying to get onto a high pop server (excalibur? the goon server). Is the server transfer guaranteed to work or is it too affected by the restrictions?

I am not sure what they are thinking with restricting servers, im not going to play the game if i cannot play with goons. Glad i am only on the trial so far and not paid any money.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

I too am trying to get onto a high pop server (excalibur? the goon server). Is the server transfer guaranteed to work or is it too affected by the restrictions?

I am not sure what they are thinking with restricting servers, im not going to play the game if i cannot play with goons. Glad i am only on the trial so far and not paid any money.

Try making a character right after the server comes up this morning. You should be able to get in.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Ineptitude posted:

Try making a character on it in like 2 hours when maintenance is over.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
But i am in Europe and am stuck at work for another 8 hours, uuuugh!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Mordiceius posted:

"This item regularly sells at 150k. I guess I should list mine for 120k!"

Massive undercutters will never not infuriate me. It's not the process of undercutting that bothers me because if they undercut me by TOO much, I'll just buy them out and relist them. It's more that when you list something for 200k, someone lists theirs for 100k and then 10 other people see that and set theirs for 100k and then boom, you have a new baseline price because people are loving idiots.

Every time you make a post like this, a Brooklyn Master gets its wings.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
People that do trash dps in Alex normal make me wonder how they got past solo Regula in the first place.

Konig
Feb 24, 2012

This stink up's mega
bam-bam to the J-Stop

Konig posted:

The maintenance happens from 4PM to 8PM local time if my calculations are right, so I'll just keep trying 1) until 2) becomes a possibility, thanks.

I was able to get in at 3:59 as everyone logged off before they were kicked off, got like 2 minutes into the opening cutscene then lost connection. Oh well, STILL COUNTS!

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Really, it's just practice. Keep playing the class and getting a feel for how long your casts take and keep an eye on your fire/enochian counters and know at which point you need to sacrifice a cast of fire 4 to toss out a fire or a blizzard 3+4 to keep things up.

The class may also just not be for you anymore. Keeping enochian up can be really stressful in high movement fights, and when I first got Scholar to 60 and healed an expert dungeon I was like "holy poo poo this is so relaxing"

My fave part of this entire thing is where they made it so that movement is even more punishing, while flat out just removing ways in which you can avoid having to move, the Manawall change is just pointless and their justification makes my brain hurt.

quote:

In regards to Shade Shift and Manawall, these both made it so ninja and black mage were impervious to physical attacks, and since future content will have a lot of magic-based attacks, we decided it would be best to change their effects to what they are now to increase the fun of the content.

Also the Flare nerf so AoE just gets arbitrarily slowed down for...some reason.

But yeah in 2.0 if you had to move I think the worst thing that could happen is you got forced to move during Raging Strikes or something. Besides that it'd just be "Oh Astral fell off, let me hardcast Blizz/Fire 3 depending on my mana and get right back into it." now your dps just loving craters if you need to move a little bit because you're just dropping Fire 4s and your timers are ticking down and that Leyline you put down is just going to waste because that AoE and oh look you got distracted and dropped Enochian go sit in the low dps corner for 30 seconds.

PS Casting Leyline + Enochian and immediately getting sent to Quarantine
PPS Blizz 4 reaching 0.01s left on cast and getting interrupted because Enochian fell off.

Chucat fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jul 28, 2015

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

quote:

・The total number of items awarded from treasure coffers in “Alexander: Gordias” has been increased from 2 to 4.

:eyepop:

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Incoming 4 Lens A3 runs.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Axle_Stukov posted:

Incoming 4 Lens A3 runs.

And the inevitable 4 crank A4 run.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Seeing as how I don't have any of those pieces yet, sure, bring them on. Bring them all on.

edit: Servers are up.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jul 28, 2015

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Does anybody have a link to the Alex 4 music?

Nien
Apr 29, 2013
I'm on board with the apathy, but gently caress me if i don't loving get the reptilian buzz when deathflare (its so sweet), painflare or any other smn kickass bullshit goes off. All those pretty numbers.

e: the drg is i'm top of this then boom... boom!

Nien fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jul 28, 2015

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Sometime around the ninth subsequent zodiac run of AK Normal I was doing it in my sleep. Those boring dungeons keep me from putting in even 10%

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Huh, managed to actually make a character on Excalibur. Have to try playing around a bit and see if I like it better than Gilgamesh.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Skimmed over the thread and didn't see this wonderful thing posted, so credit to whichever goon in DDKK found it.

:ocelot:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
That is magnificent. :allears:

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
It's pretty good.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

seorin posted:

As a now ex-BLM and omnicrafter since 2.0, Heavensward has been a bit underwhelming to say the least. :smith:

I HATE being top DPS on Faust, second otherwise with only a machinist in the party doing physical debuff.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Potato Jones posted:

It's pretty good.

:ocelot:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there any way to make a macro that switches your Choco between Free Stance and Healer Stance? Right now I'm using

/cac "Free Stance"
/cac "Healer Stance"

and it just wants to keep me in Free Stance unless there's a bit of lag or something and it switches to Healer.

e: Eh, right now if I mash it quickly a few times in a row it'll switch. Good enough.

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jul 28, 2015

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Robo Reagan posted:

Is there any way to make a macro that switches your Choco between Free Stance and Healer Stance? Right now I'm using

/cac "Free Stance"
/cac "Healer Stance"

and it just wants to keep me in Free Stance unless there's a bit of lag or something and it switches to Healer.

I just made a hotbar on the side of my screen and have all my companion stuff on it. I've got a black choco and a GC choco button that I'll switch back and forth in my middle click spot depending on whether or not I have him stabled. One spot for gyshal greens, another for sylkis bud, spots for free, attack, healer, and tank stance, plus a button for follow and withdraw.

Part of the reason your macro doesn't work is because there is no failure action or error if you click free stance while already in free stance. Just drag the buttons off your companion window to a hotbar somewhere and you'll be fine.

Banana Cream Pie
Jun 17, 2009
I just slew a dragon for a brick of cheese

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Well the 4 loot change is pretty nice, they seem to have made it 1 of each token + one double. So no getting 4 of the token you don't want.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Banana Cream Pie posted:

It is the best cheese.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Spaceman Future! posted:

1.0 bards had raise since they could cross WHM and raise wasnt restricted.

1.0 bards also had animation lock issues like you wouldn't believe. Im glad there is no more 1.0. None of this is relevant.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Who the hell was talking about 1.0? Nothing from then matters. I was responding to someone who said Paladins could raise, which is correct but only out of combat.

Is there an echo in here?

Hear. Feel. Repeat.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Banana Cream Pie posted:

Gobbie cheese is very best cheese.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

quote:

We have confirmed that the following issue is occurring as of Patch 3.05.

This issue is being addressed, and we ask for your patience and understanding as we strive to resolve this promptly.

[Known Issue]
・While the fisher action "Collector's Glove" is active, catching a fish as a collectable uses up two pieces of bait.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

That's a fun one.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A lot of people are mentioning that the alex drop increase not only increased the drops from 2 to 4, but they also made it so that it always drops 1 of each possible drop plus 1 random. I really hope this is true because that would make the search for a specific drop a lot easier.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I'm fighting the urge to pick up the Eso PLD chest this week instead of the sword. I know weapons are the best upgrade, but pretty pretty dress up! I'm not doing Savage at all and haven't started normal Alex yet (though I will be this week) so I know it doesn't REALLY matter other than making it slightly easier on me if I get paired up with DPS that get their weapon next week.

I'm thinking of doing chest > sword > shield > pants > gloves > boots > head. Since We PLD's can get the sword in 2 weeks, I'd only really be a week behind the fastest DPS in getting my i200 weapon.

Banana Cream Pie
Jun 17, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

Gobbie cheese is very best cheese.

I just stuffed it all into my face like a giant rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'm also getting the chest first, because alex healer chest is hot garbage.

• Locked thread