Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Malpais Legate posted:

I keep waiting for that moment when Rosemaster ACTUALLY has everyone pinned, ready to strike the final blow, and she looks into the camera.

See, I could have won. I hope you know that.

Malpais confirmed for oracle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I warned you about glowing heart-shaped weak points, bro.

Of course back in my day bosses could take 3 hits to the weak point before going down, and they threw a nice tantrum you had to dodge before you could hurt them again.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

IMJack posted:

I warned you about glowing heart-shaped weak points, bro.

Of course back in my day bosses could take 3 hits to the weak point before going down, and they threw a nice tantrum you had to dodge before you could hurt them again.

That is thankfully not the case in most Kirby games, (with exceptions of course) you can just whale on most bosses even as they do their super attacks.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Stormgale posted:

Malpais confirmed for oracle
Yeah, all I can really say is :golfclap: because that was pretty much exactly what this panel is.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
My take: Rosemaster wants to get revenge on NK, but she can't bring herself to do it, so she decides to test the heroes by making sure they're strong enough to beat her. I guess Carrot passed!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

youcallthatatwist posted:

My take: Rosemaster wants to get revenge on NK, but she can't bring herself to do it, so she decides to test the heroes by making sure they're strong enough to beat her. I guess Carrot passed!

More likely she respects a lover in a way that she doesn't respect a hero.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Tears don't look good on giant women.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Hmm. Everyone is unconscious or disabled except Carrot right now. Assuming this is a killshot, what's he going to say when they wake up?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
e: misread the question

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Glazius posted:

Hmm. Everyone is unconscious or disabled except Carrot right now. Assuming this is a killshot, what's he going to say when they wake up?

'It was pitch black, how the hell did you make that shot?'

"I'm a carrot, Poindexter."

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Glazius posted:

Probably pass off the victory on almond which will make her start to doubt the narrative of the hero.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Glazius posted:

This is probably going to be a secret between Carrot and Almond. Almond gets the credit and Carrot claims he was lost and only found them after Almond beat Rosemaster. That way they both save face. It also develops the friendship between them.

I wouldn't put it past Rosemaster to leave Almond fully aware while she was under RM's control. Almond's going to need some forgiveness and support from the friend she just tried to kill.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I think he's going to say that he beat Rosemaster because why wouldn't he?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

WarpedNaba posted:

Niceeeee

Edit: Carrots help you see in the dark

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Hypocrisy posted:

I think he's going to say that he beat Rosemaster because why wouldn't he?

Anime tropes mostly I guess.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

WarpedNaba posted:

:vince:

I love this comic so much.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
New page.

Rosemaster looking good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rosemaster was playing the game all along. She wanted to give the heroes a good show.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Oh, so Glitchmaster is still around. That's good, I was interested to seeing more about that Disaster Master.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
So Rosemaster used to Crocus AND fused with Glitchmaster?

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I first I thought she cared about carrot, haha.

No, she cares deeply about the nightmare knight. :unsmith:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I bet the next page is Rosemaster saying "I just did" because she knows that Carrot, Cucumber and Almond are strong enough to defeat the Nightmare Knight (in one way or another) and to break the cycle.

I also love how you can see two faces in the first panel, this artwork :vince:

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

So Rosemaster used to Crocus AND fused with Glitchmaster?

I fuckin' called this back in June, in that she specifically used the Crocus to fuse with Glitchmaster.

Also blathered on about other nonsensical horse-poo poo but that's neither here nor there :v:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

BuhamutZeo posted:

I fuckin' called this back in June, in that she specifically used the Crocus to fuse with Glitchmaster.
A small part of me is hoping that when Rose/Glitch are defeated, their Disaster Stones are smushed together like a deformed peanut M&M.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

SystemLogoff posted:

I first I thought she cared about carrot, haha.

No, she cares deeply about the nightmare knight. :unsmith:

Nightmare Knight has friends after all!

Everything about this page is excellent. This comic is so great.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kikas posted:

I bet the next page is Rosemaster saying "I just did" because she knows that Carrot, Cucumber and Almond are strong enough to defeat the Nightmare Knight (in one way or another) and to break the cycle.
Defeating him continues the cycle, and while they want to break it, they want to do so in a way that ends with them winning.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

And I thought there wasn't going to be any romance or seriously lovey-dovey stuff in this series.

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne

FactsAreUseless posted:

Defeating him continues the cycle, and while they want to break it, they want to do so in a way that ends with them winning.

You're right the sword isn't enough to defeat the nightmare knight, just to seal him away - but there's some evidence that there's a secret behind Cucumbers' wand (which is gaining mysterious powers from defeated disaster masters, for RPG-norm but currently continuity-unexplained reasons) which could mean Cuco will be able to actually defeat him. Like, defeat for reals.

Maybe it's too early in the story to assume that's what's going to happen (it certainly won't play so straight), but I wouldn't rule out Cucumber finding the means to actually defeat the Nightmare Knight

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Noonsaliwah posted:

You're right the sword isn't enough to defeat the nightmare knight, just to seal him away - but there's some evidence that there's a secret behind Cucumbers' wand (which is gaining mysterious powers from defeated disaster masters, for RPG-norm but currently continuity-unexplained reasons) which could mean Cuco will be able to actually defeat him. Like, defeat for reals.

Maybe it's too early in the story to assume that's what's going to happen (it certainly won't play so straight), but I wouldn't rule out Cucumber finding the means to actually defeat the Nightmare Knight

Defeating him for reals serves no purpose because he's clearly not doing this for his own benefit, and actively works to ensure he does not win. The Nightmare Knight isn't going to be the final foe of all this.

The aim isn't to find a way to "defeat the Nightmare Knight for reals", but rather to find out why he's doing this in the first place.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
She just loves her giant nerd of a dad. :unsmith:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I have a strong suspicion that the best way to end the cycle doesn't involve defeating the Nightmare Knight, at least not in a conventional sense.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
They're going to have to defeat the oracle to win. I can't see any other ending being possible after the oracle defeated noisemaster like that, while still playing up our protagonists as the victors.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

The... Oracle? Defeated Noisemaster?

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Iunnrais posted:

They're going to have to defeat the oracle to win. I can't see any other ending being possible after the oracle defeated noisemaster like that, while still playing up our protagonists as the victors.

The oracle didn't do squat against Noisemaster. That shield was all NK and she knows it, which is why she broke out in a flop sweat when Nautilus asked if it was her doing.

She's up to something shady, but my money says she's just the Wizard of Oz dispensing smoke and mirrors after lucking into a cushy post.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Shes simply keeping the status quo to protect everyone, you see. When the land overflows with a million bunnies, the moon shall become hell's messenger and descend to completely destroy the world of dreams.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Shes simply keeping the status quo to protect everyone, you see. When the land overflows with a million bunnies, the moon shall become hell's messenger and descend to completely destroy the world of dreams.

I didn't realize Cucumber Quest was the prequel to Bloodborne

khy
Aug 15, 2005

dragon enthusiast posted:

I didn't realize Cucumber Quest was the prequel to Bloodborne

It's not.

HINT : Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me, who believes in you.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Oh. Ain't never watched that

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Captain Invictus posted:

When the land overflows with a million bunnies

That doesn't sound like something that would take very long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Suaimhneas posted:

That doesn't sound like something that would take very long

I'd wager that would take about say 501 years.