Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Looks like a sad American version of Sichuan green beans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
https://youtu.be/NgWn7zbgxZ4

no comment

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

You're loving kidding.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

cash crab posted:

I'm literally offended that you didn't assume tater tots e: also, tater tots is such a gross name.

Tater Tot would be a cute name for a little golden hamster or something :3:

And I have to admit, tater tot casserole is midwestern as hell and definitely unhealthy, but I am beyond impressed with the sheer symmetry of the one you posted.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Looks like a sad American version of Sichuan green beans

it's actually so, so much sadder than that.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jesus that'd be depressing to receive. Cheese fries and bacon should be impossible to gently caress up, even if it is a fast food version

But then again Sonic serves this poo poo

They apparently have shredded cheese too to put on the chili fries so there's really no excuse aside from pure passive aggression or outright laziness

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 17:12 on Jul 28, 2015

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Aesop Poprock posted:

Jesus that'd be depressing to receive. Cheese fries and bacon should be impossible to gently caress up, even if it is a fast food version

They apparently have shredded cheese too to put on the chili fries so there's really no excuse aside from pure passive aggression or outright laziness

That's it, I'm having cheesy Irish carb bombs for dinner tonight.

Pastry of the Year posted:

EEE.

Anyway, I guess tater tot casserole is pretty popular? Who knew

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

And I have to admit, tater tot casserole is midwestern as hell and definitely unhealthy, but I am beyond impressed with the sheer symmetry of the one you posted.

Tater Tot the golden hamster is buried in an empty check box behind my parents shed.

And I'm going to make tater tot casserole for dinner tonight. Love that poo poo.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I love this image so much.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I love this image so much.

It has amazing synergy with your av.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Holy poo poo, that's where the pickle wizard is from?

I don't feel like this has helped my understanding though

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

cash crab posted:

That's it, I'm having cheesy Irish carb bombs for dinner tonight.

EEE.

Think of it as a fried potato version of Shepherd's Pie.

Government cheese and similar food subsidy programs are kind of interesting in the impact they had on the diet of people like Native Americans. Food commodities, like oil or lard, flour, processed cheese, peanut butter, salt, sugar and potted meats, were commonly given to impoverished people at distribution centers, which didn't exactly set people up for healthy diets. They might get canned veggies, but nothing fresh, and not reliably. It was pretty nutritionally bereft, and it was given to people starting in the 1890s, so it's had time to have a serious impact. This article talks about frybread, a product of the government commodity program.

Commodity foods may be one of the key contributors to the development of long-term health complications among Native Americans, including obesity, diabetes and heart disease.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Bonster posted:

Commodity foods may be one of the key contributors to the development of long-term health complications among Native Americans, including obesity, diabetes and heart disease.

Jesus, we can't even give these people blankets, to keep them warm, without them bitching. :v:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
God drat son

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Crow Jane posted:

I have to admit, I was the slightest bit disappointed when I went to a funeral in rural Wisconsin and the food at the reception afterwards was all relatively healthy. If there was ever a time to try that sort of thing, that was it.

Funeral Potatoes, my friend. It is pure, refined comfort food, because nothing absorbs the blow of losing a loved one quite like starch and carbs and fat. You missed out.

Potatoes, onions, cream sauce, sour cream and cheese baked in a casserole, topped with crumbled potato chips. Probably a lot of butter too.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

cash crab posted:

so loving would. then again i'm from the midwest so maybe it's just stockholm syndrome at this point.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

CzarChasm posted:

Funeral Potatoes, my friend. It is pure, refined comfort food, because nothing absorbs the blow of losing a loved one quite like starch and carbs and fat. You missed out.

Potatoes, onions, cream sauce, sour cream and cheese baked in a casserole, topped with crumbled potato chips. Probably a lot of butter too.

It's like making a pillow in your stomach for your broken heart to fall onto.

For gently caress's sake, though, what kind of Midwestern Lutheran churchladies put together a nice salad and sandwich luncheon? I said goodbye to both my grandma and my one shot at eating funeral potatoes on that day.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Crow Jane posted:

It's like making a pillow in your stomach for your broken heart to fall onto.

This is a very heartbreaking sentence

This looks like a punishment

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

This reminds me. The worst thing I've ever eaten in my sad life, ever, was an item Wendy's carried for a pretty short time down here. It was chili cheese fries.

It was cold fries with their lovely chili dumped over it, with cheese that was like someone really did just plop a cheese single on there. But I was starving, so I ate it all.

It was leaving me from both ends by the end of the day.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
the onion, once again, knocks it out of the park

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Probably would, but probably not from Long John Silver's.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

McSpaghetti:

Burger King's Bacon Sundae:

McDonald's Lobster Roll, which I am sure is just as delicious as Subways:

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011

cash crab posted:

You know you want to do it, Cash Crab. You know you want to.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

cash crab posted:

McSpaghetti:

Burger King's Bacon Sundae:

that's jizz.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

SavTargaryen posted:

You know you want to do it, Cash Crab. You know you want to.

Normally I'd take the bullet because I love you guys and I know you love to watch me suffer, but it's like 34 degrees here and the last thing I want to do is barf up hot fish in the mall parking lot
again

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

cash crab posted:

Normally I'd take the bullet because I love you guys and I know you love to watch me suffer, but it's like 34 degrees here and the last thing I want to do is barf up hot fish in the mall parking lot
again

it's like you don't even care about us anymore.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aesop Poprock posted:

The bacon on those fries is supposed to be chopped up, not just whole pieces. Its also hard to tell by the picture but its at least cheese sauce and not just a slice.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

cash crab posted:

again

Sounds like we need to sweeten the deal, then.

It's 37° (99°F) where I am vacationing right now.

If you eat that thing and provide a trip report with photos, I will scour the local foodscape for something revolting and do the same. If I end up standing in the heat barfing in a gas station parking lot after eating a bad convenience store taco it'll totally have been worth it.

Come on, cash crab. You know you want to. :toot:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Okay, fine. Fine. But you have to wait until Sunday because I don't have a day off until then. And after I puke, I am eating a different meal. And I am holding you to that gas station taco promise.

e: I will also field trip the meal I have after I puke, which will also be fast food, possibly still McDonald's.

cash crab has a new favorite as of 23:43 on Jul 28, 2015

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I like where this thread is going

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
this is the best thread

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

bad convenience store taco

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I don't know what a "tater tot" is

Potato gems bro.

This looks like it should be featured on Product VS Packshot. Let's see if I can find a good one.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/thecheckout/clips/

couldn't pick one, pick your own.

Gridlocked has a new favorite as of 23:54 on Jul 28, 2015

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Gridlocked posted:

Potato gems bro.

This looks like it should be featured on Product VS Packshot. Let's see if I can find a good one.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/thecheckout/clips/

couldn't pick one, pick your own.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The hand that made that sandwich should be struck from its arm

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011

cash crab posted:

Okay, fine. Fine. But you have to wait until Sunday because I don't have a day off until then. And after I puke, I am eating a different meal. And I am holding you to that gas station taco promise.

e: I will also field trip the meal I have after I puke, which will also be fast food, possibly still McDonald's.

I'll also throw in. It is loving miserable in Louisiana and I'm sure I can find some incredibly unappetizing things at some of the horribly places near me. PARKING LOT PUKE FOR ALL.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

SavTargaryen posted:

I'll also throw in. It is loving miserable in Louisiana and I'm sure I can find some incredibly unappetizing things at some of the horribly places near me. PARKING LOT PUKE FOR ALL.

Oh HO. Looks like someone's eatin' hot crawfish today sometime before the end of Sunday.

edit: If they've discontinued the MCLOBSTER already, would everyone be content with me eating something from 7-11? It's the grossest thing I can think of within walking distance from me. Everything else in the neighborhood is pretty delicious.

cash crab has a new favorite as of 01:38 on Jul 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

cash crab posted:

Oh HO. Looks like someone's eatin' hot crawfish today sometime before the end of Sunday.

edit: If they've discontinued the MCLOBSTER already, would everyone be content with me eating something from 7-11? It's the grossest thing I can think of within walking distance from me. Everything else in the neighborhood is pretty delicious.

Get the "take me out to the ball game": 7-Eleven nachos, a hot dog, and a sixer of their cheapest beer.

• Locked thread