Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
YSG has arrived

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Ready for UraniumAnchor

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

GNU Order posted:

Listen the kids NEED to hear some dude muttering about wanting to kill himself over crash bandicoot 2

What is it about animal mascot platformers that seems to attract the spergiest of the spergs?

See also: that guy who maced a store employee because Sonic's arms were the wrong color on a display.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Renegret posted:

That being said, the organizers made the right decision to give him the boot because, as an organization, they have to take complaints seriously and take action in order to save face and protect their name and reputation.

More than that, I can't imagine that MSF wants a black eye from being associated with an event that's a-okay with that kind of behaviour.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Vermain posted:

More than that, I can't imagine that MSF wants a black eye from being associated with an event that's a-okay with that kind of behaviour.

But of course GGer's and the "Freeze Peaches" crowd have to make this some hill to die on and inadvertently advocate for making all entertainment "shock jock" level affairs.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The_Franz posted:

What is it about animal mascot platformers that seems to attract the spergiest of the spergs?

See also: that guy who maced a store employee because Sonic's arms were the wrong color on a display.

That was Chris Chan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJkjjpFM97w

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

This stage breaks my brain.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I just watched the game center cx episode with this game, so its cool to see it being run

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
Is that Studio reading donations?

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH
That Metal Storm 2nd loop looked brutal even for a NES game. It's also quite interesting! Every GDQ I discover some cool new hidden NES gem.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Carados posted:

Is that Studio reading donations?

It is. Also UA is crazy, I never could even attempt 2nd loop on that game.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I really like these Squaresoft 16-bit jRPG soundtracks they've been playing between games.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Crain posted:

But of course GGer's and the "Freeze Peaches" crowd have to make this some hill to die on and inadvertently advocate for making all entertainment "shock jock" level affairs.

Freeze peaches?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Phone posted:

Freeze peaches?

"Freeze Peaches" = free speech.

Basically it's a dismissive response to people who call anything that holds people accountable for their actions "censorship". It's in the same vein as GGers calling misogyny "muh soggy knees".

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Oh ok for some reason I thought GGers were going after Peaches for some reason after his TJ&E run yesterday

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Striker is singing :allears:

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
"I wrote a song about speedrunning"

*Closes stream*

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sing the lyrics to space jam

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Oh, that would be clever if it weren't so loving dumb.

Also, you'll see that the 1st Amendment is Freedom from Consequences of Free Speech, actually. (pls ignore the fact that it's solely about the government silencing citizens and not someone telling an idiot to take a loving knee)

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

This isn't as awful as I expected.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
He has a great voice, shame about the lyrics though.

Secht
Oct 5, 2012
LOL

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Eh, 'sallright

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I expected worse singing, but this guy can actually do it.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
I sure hope GDQ didn't have to pay for these audio fellows.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Carados posted:

"I wrote a song about speedrunning"

*Closes stream*

it was p good actually

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

He's reasonably competent, cringe aborted

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Heh, the random arm holding up a mic for the guitar was my favourite part.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Heard so much worse on earlier *GDQ streams. Doesn't make me want me to carve out my ears with a dull spun, so it's alright.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I like how even at 11 minutes you'll still get a 68% completion rate.

I could never finish Star Wars as a kid, I don't think I ever got past the second Millennium Falcon part.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Dezinus posted:

The tech is really really really bad this year all around.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Veib posted:

I really like these Squaresoft 16-bit jRPG soundtracks they've been playing between games.
These days I associate this song with AGDQ more than SMRPG.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Dezinus posted:

They paid on purpose and I remember reading these peeps were hired to run the audio fulltime. Like the second or third time money's been spent on professional audio personnel. Still takes a horrid long time just to have people mic-checked and balanced to a game. Whatever ESA did for audio needs to be shared with the GDQ crew because ESA had poo poo working with audio 95% of the time and most of the misses were tech forgetting to hit a few important buttons on the mixer. They got push to talk and reader-donor communication running just as I suggested and it made wonders.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I tuned out last night after Tetris, were any of the runs after it and this morning good?

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Rirse posted:

I tuned out last night after Tetris, were any of the runs after it and this morning good?

StarTropics was good.

MrLonghair posted:

They paid on purpose and I remember reading these peeps were hired to run the audio fulltime. Like the second or third time money's been spent on professional audio personnel. Still takes a horrid long time just to have people mic-checked and balanced to a game. Whatever ESA did for audio needs to be shared with the GDQ crew because ESA had poo poo working with audio 95% of the time and most of the misses were tech forgetting to hit a few important buttons on the mixer. They got push to talk and reader-donor communication running just as I suggested and it made wonders.

That's just sad. They need a new fulltime crew immediately after this marathon. There's not just constant audio problems, they make very poor decisions like muting applause.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

On day one of the stream the announcer gave a shoutout to a group that was donating their time to do audio. Was that just for the first day or something?(or maybe I just misheard)

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

ESA also had a button to push for timer that the runner used and made it much better.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

John Quixote posted:

That's just sad. They need a new fulltime crew immediately after this marathon. There's not just constant audio problems, they make very poor decisions like muting applause.

I believe that they will be fine if they go with checklists next time around, step by step this-then-that discipline. It helps a lot

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Mr E posted:

ESA also had a button to push for timer that the runner used and made it much better.

This also needs to be implemented. We've seen what happens when we have someone else control the timer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

MrLonghair posted:

Actually it's the first time they've hired professional audio folks. Please stop spreading misinformation.

• Locked thread