Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I eat baby skin
Nov 30, 2003
Fresh from the nursery

RideTheSpiral posted:

the best fast food burg

wouldn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

RideTheSpiral posted:

the best fast food burg
What the hell is that?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Double Quarter Pounder with bacon, I'd assume.

e: from Australia, so proper bacon (not that poo poo US stuff)

iajanus fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 27, 2015

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
That's a tongue

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Back bacon 4 lyfe

DjErichB
May 15, 2009
Not gonna lie, back "bacon" has its place, cause ham on burgers is delicious... just dont call it bacon. Pork belly is best bacon.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I feel bad for those that just grew up with american strip bacon their whole life and don't know any better.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

American bacon, especially the overcooked and brittle strips you frequently get of them, is inferior to proper meaty bacon served in more bacon-enlightened countries.

Had a lunch-time burger - was out of buns so had to improvise. Standard burger with bacon, cheese and egg. No beetroot today because I was wearing a white shirt and I'm uncoordinated.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
much like burgers, all types of bacon are good

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

saw a thing a while back about hog jowl bacon

wanna try that bacon

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Wolfy posted:

What the hell is that?

it's a really good burger from mcdonalds

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I bunless burg'd. :madmax:

Colby jack, bourbon bbq sauce, fried onions.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
How drunk were you when you took that picture?

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Enourmo posted:

saw a thing a while back about hog jowl bacon

wanna try that bacon

Benton's Bacon.

I grew up on a small farm in rural Kentucky, and Benton's bacon is what my grandparents made in their smokehouse.

RideTheSpiral posted:

:colbert:

The only really good burger from McDonald's is the one you get when you're like 8 and you're in a summer reading program and the celebration at the end is a pool party with McDonald's cheeseburgers.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

McDonalds is good and cool

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I like Wendy's or BK better though.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Wendy's has infinitely better burgs than McD's like so not even close. Too bad their fries are garbage though :<

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

RideTheSpiral posted:

I was really surprised to see like, actual bacon on one of their burgers. Then everyone told me it's not from the US, and it made sense.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Gwaihir posted:

Wendy's has infinitely better burgs than McD's like so not even close. Too bad their fries are garbage though :<

Wait what? Wendy's fries own. They used to suck like years and years ago but they're good now.

e: VVV yeah the Son of Baconator is the one I usually get.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jul 27, 2015

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
As I posted before, I didn't eat Wendy's for a few years due to a bad experience there. Been back a few times recently at the one near me and I have been highly impressed. Their Son of Baconator and regular Double is drat good. Fries are also tasty but you gotta eat em quick or they go soft pretty quickly.

Also I burged a Jack-In-The-Box bacon cheeseburger last night. They have much better buns now, and it makes the burger a ton better, IMO.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Fenrir posted:

Wait what? Wendy's fries own. They used to suck like years and years ago but they're good now.

They're definitely better than the used to be (Dear god old Wendy's fries were bad), but I think it's really really hard to beat the perfect McD's classic fry. You pretty much need to go double battered seasoned fry or good curly fries to one up it.

(When I'm feeling maximally goony I go and get Rally's/Checkers fries then get a burg from Wendy's since they're right next to each other by my office.)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Rally's pulled out of San Diego a long time ago and now all their distinctive double drive thru buildings are taco shops.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I haven't seen a Rally's since I left Illinois in 2004.

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?
Just can't stop the Monday burg train!

1/2 pound, 85/15 patty fried in garlic butter with the ever present spring greens, spicy mustard, and BBQ sauce. I totally melted the sharp white cheddar this time too.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Why would you go to Wendy's and not get a baked potato as a side

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Wendy's is like McDonald's++, JBCs and sea salted fries own.

I also found out the other day while lazily burgin at McD's that 2 bacon mcdoubles and large fries costs less than a quarter pounder medium combo.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jul 28, 2015

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
IIRC, combo meals and specials are really where fast food places make their money. Value menus are almost loss leaders at some places.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Yeah I always seem to go with a few burgs from the dollar value menu. Bonus points for getting a double cheese burger and combining it with a mcchicken. Put some fries on top and you are good to go.

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

Fenrir posted:

e: VVV yeah the Son of Baconator is the one I usually get.

There was a huge increase in quality here in Canada from the soggy gross old ones right after they announced the "sea salt" change, but I've found the quality very hit or miss since then. I don't like any McDonald's burgers very much (except double cheeseburger as a drunken guilty pleasure), but McDonald's fries are the standard by which I judge other fast food places when they're hot and fresh.

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Gwaihir posted:

Why waste time and calories on fries? Order a 2nd burger imo.

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jul 28, 2015

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

loving amazing.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Bread fiend! Like it

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

My name is The Midniter and I approve this message.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

loving yes

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Those are some drat good looking buns.

Random Hero
Jun 4, 2004
I could sure go for a Miller High Life...
Yeah, I wouldn't mind a recipe for those buns... I have always wanted to try making fresh ones.

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
It's a KAF recipe that's super easy. Maybe 20 minutes of actual work. The plain buns are brushed with butter, and the sesame buns are brushed with eggwash. Both were brushed with butter after baking.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/beautiful-burger-buns-recipe

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

A new burger joint is having a grand opening with free burgers and fries. I know what I'm doing for lunch tomorrow.

Already burgin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Jehde posted:

A new burger joint is having a grand opening with free burgers and fries. I know what I'm doing for lunch tomorrow.

Already burgin.

Take photos and no prisoners

• Locked thread