Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Political Cartoons 2015: PS They kill whites too

God go gently caress yourself Rall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Well that's quite a stretch, but ok sure whatever.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Stroop There It Is posted:

e: Also the Boston Massacre, in which some rear end in a top hat (probably on the American side, trying to provoke an incident) very likely shot Crispus Attucks from the Customs House above. Read about his autopsy--the trajectory of the bullet shows that it's extremely unlikely to have come from the British soldiers on the ground, who only fired into the crowd throwing poo poo at them and taunting them to shoot after that shot was fired. But for some reason most of us don't learn that in history class (I did, actually--my 8th grade history teacher had us look at the primary sources, it was awesome). I'm sure if the people in the crowd had guns the crisis could have been averted!!!

Yeah, if only people would learn the finer details of an eighteenth century autopsy they'd clearly understand that it was imperative that the poor plucky British soldiers start firing into a crowd. If only those dastardly Americans hadn't used their guns to provoke an incident by killing Crispus Attucks shortly after a British soldier had already discharged his rifle. If only people knew these facts they'd clearly agree with a politically convenient conspiracy theory advanced by the Whigs and your current position on gun control! And if only this had been adequately investigated at the time!

Oh wait it was- four Customs House employees were arrested, acquitted, and their main accuser was convicted of perjury. Maybe your teacher didn't do such a bang-up job teaching you how to use primary sources after all?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Actually, I believe you'll find the shot was fired by Charles Lee, acting to advance the sinister Templar agenda in the colonies. Please consult the right primary sources, morans.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Lysdexique posted:

Did Sorensen ever explain the origin of her "pundit" character when the rest of the people are drawn in a completely different art style?

The character is Mr. Perkins, and he has a different job whenever he shows up. She used Perkins as a stand-in for George W. Bush during his administration.

Sorensen used to have recurring characters on her strip. I remember Drooly Julie, for example. She was a pervert who lusted after men. Sorensen said she was meant to be a female expy of male horndogs in cartoons, specifically citing that Wolf in those Tex Avery cartoons.

She decided to drop her characters a few years back, although she kept Mr. Perkins.

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 28, 2015

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Feral camels also existed in the US for about 80 years after the Civil War.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I quite like this Bennett

"gently caress this guy, not for what he did but for the inevitable legislative response."

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
New Bors:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

I didn't know McCain is Jewish. And when did he get all that hair?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Holy poo poo, that last panel is awesome

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

"Hey Israelis, come up to the oven!"

:doh:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Zaphod42 posted:

"Hey Israelis, come up to the oven!"

:doh:

Literally the joke.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Dat'll run ya a buck fiddy, this is what yer lookin' for:

$0.99

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
Jonathan Pollard to be released

I'm so excited!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I hope he dies in agony on November 19th.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Our long international nightmare is finally over.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Nothing up on Yaakov's site yet, but here's something to tide us over

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

colonel_korn posted:

Nothing up on Yaakov's site yet, but here's something to tide us over

Holy poo poo, a child drew these.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah it does look a lot better than his normal work.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I cashiered as a teenager and I think I'm pretty good at math. It's one thing to do a single calculation that adding two pennies will give a nickel as a customer, it's another to anticipate and perform the exact same calculation while balancing all the other responsibilities as a cashier.

If you try to do some sort of weird change thing, the cashier is probably going to just tense up in anticipation of a quick-change scam.

I meant to criticize Tinsley for those reasons, not dump on cashiers. When I head to work basic arithmetic goes right out the window as I deal with county authorities, overdue permits, and other stuff. If I buy stuff with cash I try to give out as many singles and pennies since I know that most people toss a $20 bill that drains the cashier's small change, and changing out a drawer is a lengthy, obnoxious process.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
On my lunch break I checked the news and opened up to the top story being this:

I know it's been mentioned many times, but god drat he is goony.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

LGD posted:

Yeah, if only people would learn the finer details of an eighteenth century autopsy they'd clearly understand that it was imperative that the poor plucky British soldiers start firing into a crowd. If only those dastardly Americans hadn't used their guns to provoke an incident by killing Crispus Attucks shortly after a British soldier had already discharged his rifle. If only people knew these facts they'd clearly agree with a politically convenient conspiracy theory advanced by the Whigs and your current position on gun control! And if only this had been adequately investigated at the time!

Oh wait it was- four Customs House employees were arrested, acquitted, and their main accuser was convicted of perjury. Maybe your teacher didn't do such a bang-up job teaching you how to use primary sources after all?
Please, by all means, explain how the bullet went downwards diagonally through his body, inconsistent with him crouching or laying on the ground, if it didn't come from above. The soldiers firing at the crowd were directly in front of them. You're right, I misremembered that a British soldier shot first, and then the others followed. However, you didn't mention that the British soldier discharging his rifle was first assaulted by someone in the crowd, didn't actually hit anyone and was then immediately reprimanded by his captain (who some guy immediately hit with a cudgel, by the way), and the shots that hit people in the crowd were fired after he told them not to fire. You also didn't mention the fact that all but 2 of the British soldiers were acquitted on the grounds of self-defense. Or the fact that the reason the four civilians got off was that the prosecution relied on a single witness, who was dismissed literally so fast that the jurors didn't even leave their seats to deliberate. There just wasn't enough proof that the people who were specifically accused were responsible, and they didn't even present anything from the autopsy; this meant there was no follow-up investigation (even though about 6 witness accounts mentioned seeing gunfire coming from above street level), so no, it wasn't adequate or thorough.

Also it is literally only called a massacre when only 4 people died because of radicalist propaganda (even John Adams thought it was a regrettable accident), I'm not sure why you are so convinced that this is a nutty conspiracy and not something that is conveniently glossed over in the vast majority of history lessons (including the part where people were doing their best to provoke the soldiers). The soldiers who fired into the crowd are not blameless at all, and what they did is obviously disproportionate to what was happening, but they weren't big evil bad guys who were gunning down poor harmless freedom-lovers, they were scared men who acted irrationally, just like the people who were throwing poo poo at them. This has very little to do with gun control in the first place, it was a tangential point, and my assertion that the shooter in the Customs House was probably American is just silly speculation.

But anyway, this is a dumb derail.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Countdown to Drybones claiming personal credit.

lothar_
Sep 11, 2001

Don't Date Robots!

seiferguy posted:

Someone please post that Yaakov-with-LSD-eyes :lsd: parody of him saying "Free Jonathan Pollard". I doubt we'll get a good unironic "thanks Obama" comic out of him for this, at any rate.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

An "is our children learning?" cartoon.

These ding dang kids don't even know how to use an abacus anymore!

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Yaakov has second stroke out of sheer glee, does not live to see Pollard actually freed

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Lady Naga posted:

Literally the joke.

I don't know what I was thinking. Brainfart.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
It's good that the United States is letting Richard Stallman out of prison.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Monkey Fracas posted:

Did not expect any of our usual old farts to know about or reference this movie, especially months after it came out. He must have just seen the title and figured out the barest details of it or something.

I'm hoping he just saw the dvd cover pop up somewhere because sexually transmitted curses and rape monsters is a bad allusion to apply to a Clinton/a women/ anyone.

Subterfrugal posted:

We might have ended up under the British boot forever until the 1860's or so.

We might have ended up Canadian...

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

there wolf posted:

We might have ended up Canadian...

Well gently caress, that's like loading up on literal dog turds at a buffet and then seeing they've put out filet mignon and delicious pie only after you're already stuffed.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

drat that was quick.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Another avatar for ya'll:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Dude jumped back into it with gusto

e:

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 28, 2015

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

World Famous Whore posted:

Another avatar for ya'll:

I lay claim to this.

... once I get paid and can buy it.

I'll need a caption though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I actually really like these :haw:

AtomikKrab posted:

I lay claim to this.

'If you eat it I'll give you more weapons' is pretty amazing/stupid already.

'Can you smell what the Obama is cooking' maybe?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

AtomikKrab posted:

I lay claim to this.

"Hey jews, come to the oven."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU