Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Safety Dance posted:

I hacked together a server that lets you play mp3s on my computer. Do your worst.
http://104.153.229.49:3030/

Hope you enjoy Wierd Al's version of Achy Breaky Heart. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Safety Dance posted:

Oh absolutely. Two hours ago, per the Facebook post I made in response to it.

e. https://twitter.com/agoX/status/626077502213992448

And just now. :rolleyes:
ok, just checking.
I don't have an MP3 of it on my computer to have done it myself.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

The Locator posted:

Hope you enjoy Wierd Al's version of Achy Breaky Heart. :v:

I was wondering if that was him!

Nyan cat on top of gangsta rap on top of 'O Fortuna' style music. Amazing. :love:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I was hoping it wouldn't break with non-unicode characters

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Safety Dance posted:

I was wondering if that was him!

Nyan cat on top of gangsta rap on top of 'O Fortuna' style music. Amazing. :love:

I'm assuming the O'Fortuna style was my attempt to make up for sending you any version of Achy Breaky Heart - it's Valentine by Xandria. Of course not many people share my fantastic taste in music!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Geirskogul posted:

I was hoping it wouldn't break with non-unicode characters

Okay, bug report time. What did you try to do?

And did it hang for a long time, or did you receive a status code in the 500s? If it's hanging for a long time, that's just because you won't get a response until the song is done playing.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Okay, I got a good one for you Safety Dance.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Oh, the nyancat mp3 is all japanese hexascii or something and other non-unicode titles. It hung for a long time but I didn't know it would hang until the song was done playing, so that makes sense. I thought it was my upload speed or something.

I was also trying different small files with misreported song lengths or file sizes, to see if it would break. I'm the person you share the internet with.

Also your radio is calling.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I gotta run some errands, but I'll leave the server up while I'm gone. The cats will hate it!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Safety Dance posted:

I gotta run some errands, but I'll leave the server up while I'm gone. The cats will hate it!

Given it's AI, I'm playing the cats some old Beach Boys, starting with Little Deuce Coupe.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
How do you like the Beaglebone Black? I can't figure out why it's worth so much more than the Raspberry Pi, but you and some other goons seem to be straight up in love with it.

Me, I'm happy with soldering together my little horror projects with near-disposable $8 STM32F0 discovery boards and Teensys.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's a $500 Accord on Craigslist just begging to be driven 10,000 miles.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Safety Dance posted:

I hacked together a server that lets you play mp3s on my computer. Do your worst.

Have some Lordi.

And God, guys, I hope everybody gets their poo poo together. My little problems pale against some of the poo poo you fellas have to deal with. I'm just going to sit over here and be thankful for what I've got.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

And some Planet P I had handy.

e:

Safety Dance posted:

Ah, dang, wasted it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Set a date, going to stop smoking Friday. Going to "work" from home and just find something to keep my mind busy.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

The Locator posted:

Given it's AI, I'm playing the cats some old Beach Boys, starting with Little Deuce Coupe.

I'm going to see the Beach Boys in concert tonight.

EDIT: This would not be my first choice, but since the company's throwing a bash, with free beer, food, and the Beach Boys, why not?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

gently caress you, New Mexico MVD, what's the difference between a bank statement and a credit card statement? Both have my name and address and kinda prove that I can receive mail at that address, but apparently a credit card statement isn't good enough as proof of residency!

Thanks to the Internet, I don't really have much else that's showed up in the mail, either--signed my lease online, for instance.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Brought the cart in about two minutes before a monsoon hit.

Under better light, it's not as splotchy as I feared, but there's still a couple of runs I don't care for. Feels like a solid coating, but I'll wait to see how it cures.

It's this stuff. . Thanks to a gift card, I got it for $4. So far, I'm in this box for $24 :v:

E: Less if you count the value of the 8" 3/8" drive ratchet extension I got with it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

What if the object was a piece of poo poo beater?

I still have the title to that car Leroy Diplowski gave me in AISS :v:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Rhyno posted:

There's a $500 Accord on Craigslist just begging to be driven 10,000 miles.

sounds way too boring and powerful. we need something like a 2.8L Cherokee, a biturbo, a PT cruiser, etc.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Anything British or Italian would be a good car for this.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Seat Safety Switch posted:

How do you like the Beaglebone Black? I can't figure out why it's worth so much more than the Raspberry Pi, but you and some other goons seem to be straight up in love with it.

Me, I'm happy with soldering together my little horror projects with near-disposable $8 STM32F0 discovery boards and Teensys.

Both of those look neat... I haven't messed around with microcontrollers since I did an AVR-based chording keyboard back in college (gently caress Arduino, I can solder in a crystal and a diode myself thank you). I found it pretty easy to program it as a HID device, but I'm looking at a project now that would either need to act as USB bulk storage or be able to write to an SD card. Bulk storage is probably best.

Have you done either (USB storage or SD card access) with either of those boards? Teensys seems like a decent choice for the USB option.

What's the dev environment like?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

1500quidporsche posted:

Anything British or Italian would be a good car for this.

We don't want to bankrupt the dude driving the communal AI car.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

We don't want to bankrupt the dude driving the communal AI car.

if you get an MG Midget, if it can make it as far as my place in ABQ I've got spare parts out the rear end over here.

A decent runner should be about $1500-3000 depending where you are, I think.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Darchangel posted:

And God, guys, I hope everybody gets their poo poo together. My little problems pale against some of the poo poo you fellas have to deal with. I'm just going to sit over here and be thankful for what I've got.

This and hifive.
Though my current stress level is causing me terrible acid, my diet is terrible and I'm getting so distracted/caught up in work or whatever I'm eating about 1.8 meals a day on average and still getting fatter. This wishful thinking and cake diet isn't working guys.

Just finished watching Gravity again, goddamn it drags me right in, I love it.

E: basically binging scifi films is my valium.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Safety Dance posted:

Hope you enjoyed some eurobeats

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Cakefool posted:

Just finished watching Gravity again, goddamn it drags me right in, I love it.

Gravity was pretty cool, I still am stuck on Interstellar.

And by stuck on, I mean I keep 3D printing Interstellar stuff.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Safety Dance posted:

Have some Highway to Hell

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

CommieGIR posted:

Gravity was pretty cool, I still am stuck on Interstellar.

And by stuck on, I mean I keep 3D printing Interstellar stuff.

They're both fantastic in different ways but Interstellar actually displaced 2001 as my favorite sci-fi film on the first watch, no contest. And 2001 has been a part of my life as long as I could read. No hyperbole I wore out about 6 copies of that book.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Cakefool posted:

They're both fantastic in different ways but Interstellar actually displaced 2001 as my favorite sci-fi film on the first watch, no contest. And 2001 has been a part of my life as long as I could read. No hyperbole I wore out about 6 copies of that book.

Interstellar has so many little nods to 2001, I came out of the theater wondering if the writer had gone into it straight up intending to write 2001 from a modern perspective. The story hits a lot of the same notes, even the ship reminds me of Discovery One, and the ending... yeah.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Safety Dance posted:

Most of my music is in big honkin' lossless WMA files, but I've got weird enough mp3s to keep this fun for a bit. And if I get bored I can re-rip some stuff to MP3.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Tommychu posted:

Most of my music is in big honkin' lossless WMA files, but I've got weird enough mp3s to keep this fun for a bit. And if I get bored I can re-rip some stuff to MP3.

Whoa feels a lot like 2005 in here right now.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Look bro if you just want some random music to play you should get napster

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Metal? Everyone else is doing metal. Country? I wouldn't wish country on my worst enemy. Kitschy euro dance stuff? Too easy.

Hmm.

Oldies it is.

That bit of Zagar & Evans was me, btw.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Sigma X posted:

Enjoy my contribution. An SA classic.

EDIT: File size capped at 10mb, SRSH is 14 MB :(
Ponderous man, loving ponderous. **noise wave**

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

sounds way too boring and powerful. we need something like a 2.8L Cherokee, a biturbo, a PT cruiser, etc.

I'm looking for a PT but everyone seems to think they are worth thousands of dollars.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Astonishing Wang posted:

Look bro if you just want some random music to play you should get napster

Napster? What, is that something like KaZaA?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

"♩Breaking rocks in the hot sun! I fought the law and the law won!♩"

"♩One toke over the line, sweet jesus!♩"

Y'all are the best!

MrChips posted:

I heard it was like BearShare.

e. or LimeWire

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

MrChips posted:

lol if ur not using limewire (efb)

I knew I'd catch it for using WMA, but it's the only lossless format you can stream to an Xbox. And WMP has the library format I like best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Safety Dance posted:

"♩Breaking rocks in the hot sun! I fought the law and the law won!♩"

"♩One toke over the line, sweet jesus!♩"

Y'all are the best!

Yessssss. DJ Rndm in da haus.

e. My voice sounds like a squashed frog, but every time One Toke Over The Line plays, I gotta sing along.

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jul 28, 2015

• Locked thread