Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Actually Mami's wish was probably "I want to live, also make me have tits the size of my head at age 14" so maybe she's not so bad at it after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

PerrineClostermann posted:

Madoka was going to wish for loving cake in episode three.
In one of the alternate timelines, her and Bebe become cake friends.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Blaziken386 posted:

In one of the alternate timelines, her and Bebe become cake friends.

:kimchi:

Lestaki
Nov 6, 2009

trucutru posted:

I want the sequel to be Homura meeting someone to fall in love with, then going back to her basement, releasing the shackles on madoka and going "to be honest, it was just a teenage crush taken to insane extremes".

I would be hella down for this

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

In Madoka's defense, the wish was only a means to an end. The first time I watched the show I was expecting her to just wish to become a magical girl. Can't gently caress that up.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Sayaka got increased healing powers after her healing wish, I wonder what extra powers a cake wish would have granted.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Starsnostars posted:

Sayaka got increased healing powers after her healing wish, I wonder what extra powers a cake wish would have granted.

The impression I got is that becoming a magical girl doesn't actually fulfill your wish, it just gives you the magic you need to fulfill it your own drat self. So Kyubey would probably just toss her a cookbook and call it a day.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I wanna know Bowmura's history. Why did she become a magical girl without a Dokes? Or is her past just a temporal anomaly because 'causality'?

Lord Justice
Jul 24, 2012

"This god whom I created was human-made and madness, like all gods! Woman she was, and only a poor specimen of woman and ego. But I overcame myself, the sufferer; I carried my own ashes to the mountains; I invented a brighter flame for myself. And behold, then this god fled from me!"

Space Flower posted:

I wanna know Bowmura's history. Why did she become a magical girl without a Dokes? Or is her past just a temporal anomaly because 'causality'?

Wraith Arc should go into this, as the first chapter features Sayaka still alive. Homura herself seems to consciously appear within her own body and holding the ribbons, it possibly suggests that there was a new world Homura that was overwritten by the series Homura. She didn't just appear there, new world Homura was working as a team with Sayaka, Mami, and Kyouko.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Starsnostars posted:

The ability to summon this man at any time.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

haha imagine if they never made more madoka

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
Holy poo poo what happened in this thread.

^ and the story is pretty much done at this point.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Namtab posted:

haha imagine if they never made more madoka

Sometimes it's cool for a thing to just be its own standalone thing, and not have endless sequels.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Kellanved posted:

Holy poo poo what happened in this thread.

Hi

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Srice posted:

Sometimes it's cool for a thing to just be its own standalone thing, and not have endless sequels.

But then how will the directors of SHAFT and nitroplus get their booze money?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

point of return posted:

Shinbo works on a bajillion things each year so I'm sure he'll be fine.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

point of return posted:

bakemonogatari and steins gate, respectively

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Srice posted:

The things you say with that NGE avatar get me every time

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Our Lord and savior

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Space Flower posted:

The things you say with that NGE avatar get me every time

Believe me I am well aware of it :mrgw:

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Space Flower posted:

One fan theory I've seen is that the version of her in that timeline originally wished for her heart condition to be cured. It makes about as much sense as any other explanation, anyway.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

I think you've all been very mean to Lord Justice over the past few days. He just wants Madoka to get the same respect any pure and beautiful work of art deserves

In fact, I've been working closely with him to put together the definitive Rebellion masterwork edition, as it was intended to be from the start. I've rendered out a few sample cuts so you can get a feel for what our vision is really about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxukdpAD1Ew

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

holy poo poo!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

.jpg posted:

I think you've all been very mean to Lord Justice over the past few days. He just wants Madoka to get the same respect any pure and beautiful work of art deserves

In fact, I've been working closely with him to put together the definitive Rebellion masterwork edition, as it was intended to be from the start. I've rendered out a few sample cuts so you can get a feel for what our vision is really about

lol

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

.jpg justifying the last 200 posts

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

.jpg posted:

Jesus Christ

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

.jpg posted:

I cannot wait to get home and see .jpg save another thread with editing wizardry

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm glad, of this resulting from all those posts.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

.jpg posted:

d'awww
What's that final bgm? Super familiar.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Space Flower posted:

d'awww
What's that final bgm? Super familiar.

I think it is from FFX

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

.jpg posted:

You beautiful bastard.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

:golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

.jpg posted:

It's over, the thread has achieved its purpose. We can't possibly top that.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

.jpg posted:

It's over, the thread is over, lock it forever.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

.jpg posted:

I can't think of anything to top this.

Kellanved posted:

^ and the story is pretty much done at this point.

Except you know, they changed the ending of Rebellion specifically to do more Madoka instead of ending it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't like the end of Rebellion as much as I did the TV series end but I would still be fine with the show being over for good as it is.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I think you guys are all being a little unnecessarily unfair about Lord Justice's posts. I think they're pretty chill. Keep doin' what you're doin', LJ.
That said, I feel that Namtab's posts create a beautiful dichotomy in the thread:

Lord Justice posted:

We have two concepts of greater beings within Madoka. First, that of the Magical Woman, defined as a person who moves past the issues inherent to their wish fullfillment and, essentially, grows up into a better person. I.E,: "We were once bringers of hope, who despaired and spread our curses. Now we are those guided by the Law of Cycles to break free from the chains of destiny binding this world." Sayaka has moved past her issues with Kyousuke and her idealism, Nagisa has moved past whatever her issues were as a Magical Girl.

The other form is a Demon, one who falls completely into wish fulfillment, idealism, and their own desire. Kimi no Gin no Niwa: "She was lost on her way, and yet is always the first one home. Finding someplace warm and light is more important the the truth. The gate to adulthood is firmly closed to them. Little children sing with innocent voices, what will they hide, what will they destroy? Dreams lie in their hands, the lies and grief of tender beings lie hidden there."

This describes Madoka and her solution exactly. It is predicated on the ideal that Magical Girls as a concept are good and should exist, when they categorically are not. Look at my example for Sayaka again, how is any of that a good thing? Why is Madoka endorsing the burning out and early death of thousands of teenage girls a good thing? Madoka herself has seen the results of the Magical Girl system, and chooses to ignore these issues, focusing on Witches alone. Her love for Magical Girls blinds her. This is what I mean by Godoka and Demon Homura being the same concept, both are created from wish fulfillment and idealism, a refusal to grow and to leave that child's room.

Kimi no Gin no Niwa again: "Slowly a door opens, beyond I see a fragile world. Will morning come, will night fall? A shy light flickers in. Let us play some more until we are called, and repeat our days like a flower reborn."

Namtab posted:

Kyouko is my fave

Remember the ep where she ate the food?

On a related note, if we do eventually get more Medukas, I want the story to have Sayaka as the central protag, with the story focusing on her deliberately going out of her way to piss off Homura and mess with her plans.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

.jpg posted:

Super Jay Mann posted:

It's over, the thread is over, lock it forever.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

.jpg posted:

jesus gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

.jpg posted:

i'm scared

• Locked thread