Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
"Normally, trying to put everything in just makes it all a mess, but we were able to fit it all in Itagaki-style.”

I don't care how much of a trainwreck it'll be, I'm legit hyped for Devil's Third

It looks like what I wanted Gunz to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nobody at Microsoft can remember if they live in Renton or Redmond and it doesn't matter because they're stuck in traffic outside Olympia.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Four years ago the entire company got into an argument about how to pronounce Mario and it's gotten really divisive.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

FactsAreUseless posted:

Everyone at Microsoft has a head cold and does not feel well.

this one actually happened

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FactsAreUseless posted:

Microsoft ran out of numbers to call them.

Well so far we have:
Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One

See the pattern is add 360 or subtract 359 from the last generation with alternating releases. Up next is:
Xbox 361
Xbox Two
Xbox 362
Xbox Three
Etc

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Xbox^2, obviously. It's right there.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

They're probably just going to call the new one "The Xbox" just to be as confusing as possible.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Xbox 365 to match recent successful Office branding.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Xbox Terminator

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

arcsig posted:

They're probably just going to call the new one "The Xbox" just to be as confusing as possible.

There was chatter about them doing that last time and look how much stupider their real plan turned out to be.

I bet they're calling the next one the 3DO

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

arcsig posted:

bloodychill posted:

Xbox 365 to match recent successful Office branding.

both of these are good

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Who cares about Sniper Elite anymore? GHOST WARRIOR THE THIRD IS COMING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjueMNGBQqQ&t=57s

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I am on line to see an oculus rift sculpture exhibit at an art museum. I'll report back if i puke on anything valuable.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
this is my new favourite smiley because i really love my wiiu and the miverse. i wish i had it under my avatar

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Mak0rz posted:

Well so far we have:
Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One

See the pattern is add 360 or subtract 359 from the last generation with alternating releases. Up next is:
Xbox 361
Xbox Two
Xbox 362
Xbox Three
Etc

Just call the next one "Xbox won" Microsoft can attempt to claim victory in the console wars and confuse people at the same time.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

VideoGames posted:

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
this is my new favourite smiley because i really love my wiiu and the miverse. i wish i had it under my avatar

If you PM a good mod who likes you they'll probably get someone add it to your av since it's not a huge change

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

Devil's Third is going to kick some loving rear end.

gently caress yes, my brother

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM70mddypOo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

loving basic mathematics and observation? MS and Sony pretty obviously sent each other "let's both make profit on the boxes from day 1" smoke signals, resulting in them both putting out weaker-than-expected consoles with roughly comparable abilities. Doing that makes another eight year console cycle pretty loving unlikely, but neither company really has any nostalgia for 2005-2007 anyway. Devs hit the performance ceiling on this gen in record loving time thanks to familiar architecture, so five years is probably gonna be it.

xbox isnt profitable yet and wont be for a while due to combination of deep price cuts and using expensive esram + DDR3 which isnt going to come down drastically.

both consoles are about the same amount of power increase as previous gens were, most every gen is weaker than top end pc hardware at release anyway, nothing is different. the only reason the ps3 was expensive was due to nonsense hardware choices rather than an over abundance of power.

ps4 is significantly more powerful and already profitable, no one has hit a performance ceiling anywhere what r u on about.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also wtf are u talking about with "familiar architecture" if u say "x86" im gonna fuckin swear a lot because that doesnt mean anything.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The only game companies I really give a crap about is like Atlus, Xseed, and Square Enix.

The Playstation has almost a deathgrip on all three and it won't matter what the NX has inside of it. If the system has no waifus it is another system that is dead on arrival.

Also seriously Devil's Third looks like crap. The newer God of War game looks better than that and that was just blah.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
please good mods who like me can you change the yeah in my avatar to :yeah:

im not sure if there are any mods who like me to do this but if there are i am grateful

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kjsJw8MRvY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVqQwQExWP8

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

He plays Final Fantasy music from games which appeared on Sony systems while talking about a Nintendo thing.

Shameful.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

The Taint Reaper posted:

He plays Final Fantasy music from games which appeared on Sony systems while talking about a Nintendo thing.

Shameful.
I like the glasses. And the anime posters.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Cardboard Box A posted:

I like the glasses. And the anime posters.

Persona, Disgaea, and some MOBA poo poo.

also two discarded lightbulbs and some herbal supplements from GNC.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

How can this not be a parody.

How.

I refuse to believe this is not a parody.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ekster posted:

How.

Have you read the amiibo thread?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Ekster posted:

How.

Videogames.jpg

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 28, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Cardboard Box A posted:

Videogames.jpg

Dead Air was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Stux posted:

also wtf are u talking about with "familiar architecture" if u say "x86" im gonna fuckin swear a lot because that doesnt mean anything.

I mean x86

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
My step stool seems to have vanished from the mortal realm and I can't reach Virtue's last Reward on my top shelf. Even a chair won't give me enough height to grab it.

So I sit here contemplating wishing to play a videogame.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Being a shorty you had no other career choice but reaping taints, eh?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Healbot posted:

Being a shorty you had no other career choice but reaping taints, eh?

I'm actually 6 foot 8 inches, it's just my vdieogame collection is like that scene from the Matrix when neo asks trinity if they have any guns.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

I mean x86

tha t doesnt mean anythhing, its a set of cpu instructions.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it doesnt suddenly invalidate the wildly different memory/gpu/cpu layout, hwo they interact, the completely alien OS, the assumption u will be doing at least some coding to the metal etc.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I've always wanted a teeny tiny bartop cabinet on my desk that isn't 500 pounds, like that one's too big for me (weirdly small screen tho)

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
My dream maker machine is still basically a vita with two sets of triggers that can do everything from mame up to ppsspp and dolphin

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 29, 2015

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
My partner and I just got a Wii U and I'd like to transfer my Wii data to it, but I remember having to fiddle with something in my Wii to play Project M. I think I used the SD card version rather than jailbreaking the whole thing, but would there be any problems transferring system data to the Wii U either way, or does the data that gets transferred nowhere near what Project M touches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Heavy Lobster posted:

My partner and I just got a Wii U and I'd like to transfer my Wii data to it, but I remember having to fiddle with something in my Wii to play Project M. I think I used the SD card version rather than jailbreaking the whole thing, but would there be any problems transferring system data to the Wii U either way, or does the data that gets transferred nowhere near what Project M touches?

it won't transfer homebrew poo poo. it will transfer everything else.

• Locked thread