Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Asiina, I agree it certainly isn't the easy way out. Sure some things are easier, but some things are a real pain in the rear end.

I never had to deal with dumping syndrome too much, at least from the back end. I usually puked first and I basically immediately know when I've screwed myself by either eating too much or too fast (this is usually my problem) or something that doesn't sit well. There have been times when I've just stopped and concentrated on breathing slowly and steadily to try to get that pukey feeling to go away. Other times I just give in quickly and puke because I know as soon as I do I'll feel better.

As for rice/pasta/bread, your ability to eat it does start to come back after a while but once again too much will always make things bad. And some of it depends on the type of food. For example, I generally don't have an issue with rye bread now although I certainly couldn't eat a slice of bread for a long time after the surgery. But other breads like a french bread I have to be careful with because it can still bother me. Rice and pasta are strange because there will be times when you don't have an issue and other times those things will set you off. Rice is probably harder for me than pasta. I know I can eat a couple ounces of cooked pasta without an issue now. Rice on the other hand is a completely different beast and I often still have trouble with it. Although I think a lot of that is because I'm probably trying to eat too much rice.

It's all a very delicate balancing act and it doesn't help that you basically have to relearn what hunger feels like for your new stomach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, hunger doesn't really exist unless I've gone like a whole day without eating. Today, for example, it's 2pm. I woke up late for my meeting and had to rush out the door around 8:30am. Since then I've had 1.5 strawberries from a fruit plate and about 2 cups worth of decaf tea, and I am not hungry at all. I need to leave so that I can get home and eat.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

Do you still have that weirdo following you around the forums

He only did it that one time, I think. Also I barely post.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
is there a way to find old posts? i supposedly have 'archives' but my post history only goes back 500 posts.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

uranus posted:

is there a way to find old posts? i supposedly have 'archives' but my post history only goes back 500 posts.

With archives, you gotta actually set the date on the forum you're trying to read to find the old thread that you're looking for posts in.

Or you can try the archive search at http://saas.liarpedia.org/

If it's in a game thread, it should be in votefinder's archive, if it's of the appropriate era.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Allen Wren posted:

With archives, you gotta actually set the date on the forum you're trying to read to find the old thread that you're looking for posts in.

Or you can try the archive search at http://saas.liarpedia.org/

If it's in a game thread, it should be in votefinder's archive, if it's of the appropriate era.

cool. i found my very oldposts from my oldusername. unfortunately that thing says that 'uranus' does not exist. hmm

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Peta posted:

Also I barely post.

Good keep it that way

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
:smith:

I need 3 replacements for chrononauts

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

CapitalistPig posted:

Man, chrononauts is fun. Those people are losers.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i will replace but only if i can take all three spots and not read any of the thread

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

uranus posted:

i will replace but only if i can take all three spots and not read any of the thread

I dont care as long as you read the OP and you only get one spot.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
People who replace out of games should really reconsider signing up for games in the first place. Like I understand emergencies come up and stuff like that but there are a lot of people who replace out of games way too often.

Id rather someone just lurk away into obscurity than have to deal with a replacement, and feel that replacements ruin games, and generally just do not work in mafia because of the nature of the game.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
:agreed:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Like even if you non-aggressively shitpost like Fan Favorite Harold Krell that is better than nothing

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

People who replace out of games should really reconsider signing up for games in the first place. Like I understand emergencies come up and stuff like that but there are a lot of people who replace out of games way too often.

Id rather someone just lurk away into obscurity than have to deal with a replacement, and feel that replacements ruin games, and generally just do not work in mafia because of the nature of the game.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

Good keep it that way

Frustrated.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Kumbamontu posted:

Like even if you non-aggressively shitpost like Fan Favorite Harold Krell that is better than nothing

Umm, Harold Krell is very aggressive.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ixtlilton posted:

Umm, Harold Krell is very aggressive.

In one of my first games, Harold Krell scumclaimed in LYLO. As town. Scum won because they lurked their way to victory. I was pissed.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I think it was the first game I ever modded but Harold signed up and made like 4 posts then disappeared iirc

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Harold Krell is a national treasure

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The first I saw of Harold Krell was The Rock.

Which was really hilarious

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Peta posted:

Frustrated.

Naw, I <3 you :3

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CapitalistPig posted:

anyone?

please?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Alright, but I'm already in 2 games so I don't know how good I'll be.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

CapitalistPig posted:

anyone?

please?

I would but I'm alive in three games and modding another.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Someone else just requested replacement, So I think I may just go ahead and call the game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's a shame. Looking at the OP it seemed pretty ambitious.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Just start modkilling everyone. Make it like an armageddon.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Amoeba102 posted:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Amoeba102 posted:

I'm considering it

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
At least in mafia you are either alive or not alive. I had two people give up and just stopped posting in Diplomacy because they had lovely first rounds. It's all about courtesy, you know?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Wiped out by the plague!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
:toot: now pulling into the unemployment appreciation station.

The good news is now I have time to run games!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

:toot: now pulling into the unemployment appreciation station.

The good news is now I have time to run games!

oh no :( i am sorry to hear that (unless it's a good thing in which case I am glad!)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kumbamontu posted:

oh no :( i am sorry to hear that (unless it's a good thing in which case I am glad!)

It's not ideal timing for a couple reasons but it's no great loss. Some people who had been there over ten years were making 32k without benefits and there was definitely a poo poo load of tax fraud going on :v

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

been there over ten years were making 32k

holy poo poo, well it sucks in the short-term but i'm betting you'll be much better off in the long haul

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
It looks like I need another replacement for Complete Bullshit. Deadline is tomorrow at noon PST, so you have a little time to get caught up before the end of day 1.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm sorry for setting a trend, Pig. I just really underestimated my schedule last week/this week :(

If I ever run a game again I'll give you a dope rear end role

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Mithross posted:

It looks like I need another replacement for Complete Bullshit. Deadline is tomorrow at noon PST, so you have a little time to get caught up before the end of day 1.

lemme at em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Opopanax posted:

If I ever run a game again I'll give you a dope rear end role

well somebody has to run Canadians 666: Syrup of Satan, so you better