Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
The lock-on system is also kind of rudimentary, which is a shame, because I like a lot of the gameplay and saying that gameplay is both a good point and a bad point feels weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Some Numbers posted:

The lock-on system is also kind of rudimentary, which is a shame, because I like a lot of the gameplay and saying that gameplay is both a good point and a bad point feels weird.

I felt the same way, with the general fighting system vs the rng and grinding.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Kelp Plankton posted:

if you played Xenoverse you might want to fill out this survey for bandai-namco about the game

http://svy.mk/1ghycE2

potentially has an impact on future DB games

I never played Xenoverse, but for those that did please tell them that Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is the best DBZ game and to make another one.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Big Scary Owl posted:

I never played Xenoverse, but for those that did please tell them that Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is the best DBZ game and to make another one.

That's not Dragon Ball Z Legends.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

xenoverse is significantly better than any of the super garbage budokai tenkaichi series of total poo poo games. check it out sometime. you get to make your own dude and be the self-insert mary sue you always wanted to be.

heres me and vegeta dancing in space

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

BT3 is better than Xenoverse.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Everything about Xenoverse that wasn't timecop or the character creation I hated. It should just be Tenkaichi 4 and instead it's Monster Hunter.

E: basically I told them to keep the fanservice and throw out everything else. Also fire the voice director.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rodyle posted:

E: basically I told them to keep the fanservice and throw out everything else.

Please tell me you worded that a different way.

If the next DBZ game is 90% the other kind of fanservice I blame you.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Vegeta's rear end is lore critical.

Also I am convinced nobody reads these anyway so

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Despite their DLC tendencies Bandai are actually pretty dedicated to this sorta stuff. They release surveys pretty often.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
I thought the opposite of a lot of you. I told them I wanted less fighting game, more action-RPG cause fighting games are dumb and I'm really bad at them

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

Elder Kai is the worst

elder kai lets you skip like two levels during one of the game's biggest XP grinds, and he also can give you a higher chance of getting drops to help with the RNG bullshit, Elder Kai loving owns

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I loved Xenoverse, warts and all. I would have really appreciated more customization and more overall weirdness in the canon. Some of the other parallel universes seemed more interesting. The world from the new mobile game is pretty wild too.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I loved Xenoverse and its story. Playing timecop was hilarious.

I spent most of my time complaining about PvP being bad though. The biggest issue for me was that against the best players, melee would never ever work since the delay between you attacking and the server registering your attack was high enough that your opponent would always have moved before it happened.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tarodia posted:

I thought the opposite of a lot of you. I told them I wanted less fighting game, more action-RPG cause fighting games are dumb and I'm really bad at them

FGs are dumb, which is why people are talking about Tenkaichi, not Budokai.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

dr.acula posted:

Watch Path to Power people

Yes, do this. More people need to do this. It's a fun, gorgeous retelling of early Dragon Ball.

Also Xenoverse was fun, if flawed, and I'm looking forward to the inevitable sequel.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

dr.acula posted:

Watch Path to Power people

I keep meaning to do this and I keep forgetting to.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rodyle posted:

FGs are dumb, which is why people are talking about Tenkaichi, not Budokai.

FGs aren't for everyone because everyone has different tastes, but they are pretty awesome. When well made, they can be a fun and strategic game that rewards system mastery and dexterity while still being accessible to newcomers. A great game to keep coming back to when friends are over.

Or, in other words, get good, scrublord!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Path to Power predicted Super Cyan almost 20 years early.

That's about all I have to say.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Some Numbers posted:

So did lovely fanart I saw on the anime web turnpike.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

That Yo Son Goku! anniversary thing actually did though. Also what part in path to power are you referring to? its been a while

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Some Numbers posted:

That's about all I have to say.

If you mean the blue aura scream thing, I think Goku's natural aura is blue.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Covok posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is true his kamehameha is blue also

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Covok posted:

Yes. It was a joke.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I want to say that, without tone, it was a little hard to tell, but some of it might be the internet lowering my expectations in how people interpret media.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Serious post, I found Path to Power a bit...jarring, I guess? It was early Dragonball, but the story beats were slapped together rather haphazardly.

Also, Commander Black went way too crazy.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Such a minor gripe, but I wish they wouldn't gently caress with aura/beam colors out of laziness. Having different colors is fun. During "Bio-Broly" (yeah, I know it sucks, shut up, I'm making a point- this is the best part of the movie) Krillin's aura for the final group Kamehameha was yellow like a Super Saiyan. Then during "The Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans", Vegeta's Final Flash, Gohan's Masenko, and Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon were all blue for some goddamn reason.. just to make it easier for the final combined blast I guess, but having them be unique is fun.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Was there ever a black aura?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Was there ever a black aura?

Omega Shenron

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I think Super Seventeen also had a black aura.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So in other words, no.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You could make your created guy's aura black in Ultimate Tenkaichi and I did because he was a misunderstood soul whose heart yearned for a worthy battle.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm hoping they add that level of customization in Xenoverse 2. At minimum, I'd like to be able to FULLY customize clothing.. recolor anything, have stats independent of your outfit, etc.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I think Dabura had black auras in a few Budokai/BT games, too.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Heh. :v:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

emptyquote.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

But does Mr. Satan even know they're an alien species? Calling them space monkeys sounds more in line with Frieza.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Steve Jorbs posted:

But does Mr. Satan even know they're an alien species? Calling them space monkeys sounds more in line with Frieza.

Have you ever seen them together? Maybe Mr. Satan IS Frieza! :tinfoil:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Goddamnit, another one of my childhood heroes down the toilet..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I refuse to believe this slander against the champ.

• Locked thread