Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am

Apparently you can only redeem those promo codes once, even from different sites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Well, they are all codes for the same items and premium time.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Still worth grabbing some extra and giving them out to people. I supplied all my friends and will probably start posting them here for people who want them. Yes, I did try stacking them first.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Drinkfist posted:

Vote yes for the Square. This one is a big build and is gonna take a bit.

'

It gives flat stat increases in exchange for mirrah drops for donations to the guild.

Wednesday we are kicking people who were in the previous screenshot that have not gained a single point of prestige. Still under the assumption that they have quit the game within the first week. When Wednesday rolls around and we do the kicks then you can expect to get into the guild then if you haven't made it in already.

Also I got the Steam Group info in the OP now and think it would be somewhat of a good idea to start getting that poo poo populated so we can organize better. You can launch the game with the steam overlay by adding it as a non steam game. I have been doing this for a while now for people that use the steam streaming thing to watch me play and check out the game without a download. Given how much guild chat loving sucks in this poo poo it might be better to use the steam group chat room or have someone set up an IRC. Who the gently caress knows.

Just build my loving Square. It costs a lot of construction points but it is probably one of the best buildings in the whole loving list of poo poo.

I wouldnt mind getting invited though my guys are low level I can put in failed attempts =V

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I've kinda hosed myself. I went up to the class sparks in lightbinder, berzerker, and kinetic. Now shot hits too hard and doesn't die. How do I fix it? Just focus on maxing out one class all the way? Should I max out stat nodes for good kinetic stats?

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

vandalism posted:

I've kinda hosed myself. I went up to the class sparks in lightbinder, berzerker, and kinetic. Now shot hits too hard and doesn't die. How do I fix it? Just focus on maxing out one class all the way? Should I max out stat nodes for good kinetic stats?

Focus on one class but you can get sparks/class sparks from all the way down to very easy on adventures in some cases (easy would be preferred). Just make sure the first boss drops something on the lowest difficulty before continuing on :)

You can also do open world instances like port naori or lanber forest if you haven't. The amount of people running around trivializes that content.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist posted:

We have a whole mess of slots opened up in the guild. Pm thease shitlords in game for an invite. Please be at or above 2050 Prestige. It also helps to check if the commanders that you are sending messages to are online by unchecking the offline mark in the social menu when searching their name.

Irate Drinkfist
Literal Fetish
Storm Gale
Josephine Smith
Gregor Eisenhorn
Lewtt Gingrich
Erich Zann
Mecha Shiva
Korben Dallas

You can also pop into mumble with the rest of us and ask for an invite for a more expedited and easier process. Mumble info is in the OP.

The following picture is of people we are monitoring that are below 3000 Prestige and have been in the guild for a while now. There is no way of tracking if thease people have quit the game other than tracking their Prestige numbers the old fashion way of screenshots. I will be checking these numbers with this picture on Wednesdayish and if they haven't moved at all Ill assume they died and will throw them out of the guild to make room for the clawing unclean ones at my doorstep.

I contacted some folk (total lie) and found out they were not playing anymore so I kicked them (abusing my power and breaking promises). All because someone logged into mumble asking for a guild invite and it was the straw that broke the camels back. We now have 9 open slots and after the square is finished building I will go back to increasing the guild player cap size. Anyone who was kicked for my blatant disregard for understanding your play schedule and casualness can just drop me or any of the officers a PM in game so we know you are still down with this game and we will find a place for you back in this bukke madness.

I just sprung on it early because I figure that everyone is normally on Wednesday and the few days that follow and it would be a good idea to have the slots ready for them (More lies to cover the fact I totally did this on a whim and don't give a poo poo about the whole lot of you but the lie sounds reasonable so ill go with that). Any officer can move a player from their full clan into my mostly empty one to make room for them to do an invite. Current guild player cap is 100 fucklords and Ill be damned if our actual playerbase is looking like 50+.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Drinkfist posted:

I contacted some folk (total lie) and found out they were not playing anymore so I kicked them (abusing my power and breaking promises). All because someone logged into mumble asking for a guild invite and it was the straw that broke the camels back. We now have 9 open slots and after the square is finished building I will go back to increasing the guild player cap size. Anyone who was kicked for my blatant disregard for understanding your play schedule and casualness can just drop me or any of the officers a PM in game so we know you are still down with this game and we will find a place for you back in this bukke madness.

I just sprung on it early because I figure that everyone is normally on Wednesday and the few days that follow and it would be a good idea to have the slots ready for them (More lies to cover the fact I totally did this on a whim and don't give a poo poo about the whole lot of you but the lie sounds reasonable so ill go with that). Any officer can move a player from their full clan into my mostly empty one to make room for them to do an invite. Current guild player cap is 100 fucklords and Ill be damned if our actual playerbase is looking like 50+.

I already wrote this before, please kick Ryza Telemnar from the Pantheon. I logged in and while I figured out how to donate all my moneys to the pantheon, I don't know how to leave it.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Drinkfist posted:

Most likely I got kicked as I'm now 2000 but was 800 when you took the screenshot. Just found out about this game last weekend.

Tormented fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 28, 2015

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
In game now as Wrathen Lofgren and looking for an invite. Messaged everyone listed in the OP but no response.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

SamEyeAm posted:

In game now as Wrathen Lofgren and looking for an invite. Messaged everyone listed in the OP but no response.

Got you baby.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

blueberrysmith posted:

Got you baby.

Thank god for you being an actual officer

this poo poo is tough

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez
The Russian struggle is real.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Fresh from Reddit:

http://www.gameitems.com/get-your-skyforge-14-days-premium-account-raffle-giveaway-955.html

also this page is tracking key give aways:

http://orcz.com/Skyforge:_Promo_Codes

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
SFDEJ188WRA3HRCA

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002
You don't win

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
poo poo, I should post my unused code.

SFDEJ188JH4TLWAJ

I'm enjoying the game so far but goddamn if it isn't unnecessarily complex. The number of currencies and single-use items that are de facto currencies is staggering. The order system in particular seems like someone looked at the doff system from STO and said "You know what this needs? More bullshit."

e: I'm Aria Phare in game and could use an invite the next time someone has a moment. Unless I need to be online for an invite, in which case I'll see you godlings in Mumble tonight.

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008

Melanion posted:

poo poo, I should post my unused code.

SFDEJ188JH4TLWAJ

I'm enjoying the game so far but goddamn if it isn't unnecessarily complex. The number of currencies and single-use items that are de facto currencies is staggering. The order system in particular seems like someone looked at the doff system from STO and said "You know what this needs? More bullshit."

Stole your code. Thank you Goon friend.

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008

Drinkfist posted:

You have a future for sure in the public relations department. :madmax:

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

ChickenWing posted:

God I wish this game had an external Atlas/Skill/Talent calculator so I could have more poo poo to do instead of working

There's an official talent/skill calculator but it's dumb because it only lets you see the stuff you can actually pick, which is fine if you're just trying to share your build, but makes it harder to see the full picture, especially with classes you don't play as much.

https://na.portal.sf.my.com/calculator/avatarbuild

For atlas, there's this Russian thing:

https://portal.sf.mail.ru/comments/559ba3c251ce3a5694b90777

It's written in autoit and honestly feels like a portal to 2003. It uses a giant image for the atlas, rendering poo poo can take forever (no multi-threading support with autoit) and the controls are clunky as all gently caress. But it works.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

BexGu posted:

This is so disheartening it hurts. I really like the gunner class but gently caress spending a month or more grinding to get there just to be able to play it.

In the mean time what intermediate class (Slayer/Archer/Kinetic/Nerco) is the best for solo play? Should I focus on getting to one of those class on the Atlas or max out paladin first and then move to working on a extra class.

If you're enjoying Paladin, no reason to not finish it. The symbol is great. But you get enough sparks to unlock one of the intermediate classes before you can finish your first one.

Necro and Kinetic are the closest to Gunner. Necro more so as you would take the south path. The north path does get you close to Alchemist, though.

Slayer is great against bosses, but as mentioned, is getting a big nerf. I wouldn't recommend it for your first class unlock because you lack a good way of clearing swarms, at least until you have Bait and good crit chance (for Carnage), but it is the first one I unlocked and I don't regret it at all. The Slayer symbol is bad for soloing but great in group dungeons.

Archer feels clunky to me. It has bugs with animations not playing, dash not actually moving you (happens with Cryomancer too), you being unable to attack until you dash (happens in groups), and the class is often regarded as being much more powerful at high prestige. But even so, you have good ST damage, great AoE CC and okay AoE damage, which makes soloing most adventures a breeze.

Necromancer is my favorite of the four for solo play. You're virtually unkillable, have good AoE and ST damage, and Necromancer out of combat healing works like Paladin's, so you move between groups without delay.

Kinetic has great AoE and ST damage, including good, reliable burst which makes some boss fights go much faster. It's great solo, and it's great in groups.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

That Archer bug is driving me nuts. You just get stuck in an animation and can't attack till you do something that breaks the animation (e.g. dash).

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Yeah, I have Archer unlocked but I can't stand playing it because of the bugs. What really annoys me is the dash one, though. Usually you can just side step away, but yesterday I was doing Thais Temple and in the last boss fight, I got slowed by the Naiads. Couldn't walk away, couldn't dash. Used 3 dash charges, didn't move an inch, died.

Fortunately the Archer symbol is really good so unlocking it wasn't a waste.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
My gripe with Archer is that it feels weird to have cross-hairs on when I mostly tab target and zoom out. Can I disable them?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

I don't think so. But the crosshairs are very useful with the way targeting works, especially for a class like Archer. I mean, you want to fire Wildfire Arrow at the enemy closest to the middle of the group, right? That way it hits the most enemies possible. But why cycle between targets when you can just aim at said enemy?

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Liberatore posted:

I don't think so. But the crosshairs are very useful with the way targeting works, especially for a class like Archer. I mean, you want to fire Wildfire Arrow at the enemy closest to the middle of the group, right? That way it hits the most enemies possible. But why cycle between targets when you can just aim at said enemy?

Yeah I'm dumb. I just played the Archer tutorial a bit ago and didn't really dive into it, the angle of crosshairs just felt like it could make it hard to see the rest of the field in busy fights.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

Clairetic posted:

Only semi-related, but enemies with suicide bomb death moves, like Oculat Bombers and Lurking Deaths, don't seem to count as kills for optional objectives such as killing spree or study your opponent, no matter how quickly you kill them or how well you position them, although they can still drop stuff like loot and Unstable Emanations.

BUT your own minions dying in the radius of the camera DOES count?????

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
Regarding relics (Okki Tablets, etc): my friend's was on Targo Island and he queued for the group version @ impossible, they kicked him because his prestige was too low but he still got the ring v:shobon:v

quote:

So I guess if you want your 2 day item but don't want to do the instance, just be an rear end in a top hat and get kicked

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Might be unique to Targo Island. You get the okki/ring/pommel even if you don't do anything in the instance, and can therefore get it solo.

We'll test it, though.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I unlocked the paladin symbol a couple of days ago and it really is great for saving your bacon/not giving a gently caress about an incomming megadeath ability.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Liberatore posted:

Might be unique to Targo Island. You get the okki/ring/pommel even if you don't do anything in the instance, and can therefore get it solo.

We'll test it, though.

You don't get myrrh drops. Tried it last night.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I just spent 20 minutes soloing the last 50% health of a boss because the melee got killed by a hitscan laser and the boss didn't even drop loot

Is basically every dungeon except for the first four capped by a boss full of stupid mechanics that punish even the slightest bit of inattention with instant death?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Yes. But all the stuff that will kill you that quickly are also very clearly telegraphed. It's kinda the point of the combat.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Kurieg posted:

I just spent 20 minutes soloing the last 50% health of a boss because the melee got killed by a hitscan laser and the boss didn't even drop loot

Is basically every dungeon except for the first four capped by a boss full of stupid mechanics that punish even the slightest bit of inattention with instant death?

what boss are you talking about?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
usually it's not that bad but yeah, if you don't dodge poo poo you're gonna die. Bosses are the easy part though since you only have one big thing to pay attention to.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

RottenK posted:

what boss are you talking about?

Neptulos or Aquatos or something, water god, floats around on a damage reduction shield that goes down when he summons adds. In his second phase he fires an instant kill laser whenever he manages to float his way into melee with someone. Unfortunately it's bugged or something right now so if there's someone in melee beating on him during his burn phase, he will announce the end of his burn phase by instantly lasering them in the face. At least according to the two templar I was grouped with who died to instant lasers to the face.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Kurieg posted:

Neptulos or Aquatos or something, water god, floats around on a damage reduction shield that goes down when he summons adds. In his second phase he fires an instant kill laser whenever he manages to float his way into melee with someone. Unfortunately it's bugged or something right now so if there's someone in melee beating on him during his burn phase, he will announce the end of his burn phase by instantly lasering them in the face. At least according to the two templar I was grouped with who died to instant lasers to the face.

It... doesn't though?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Kurieg posted:

i don't doubt that russiagame will delight us with bugs for years to come, but i think you templars were lying morons

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
also why is the construction going so slow

with as many people as we have it shouldn't be difficult to get at least a thousand build points per day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
you bums :bahgawd:

• Locked thread