Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Regaring Frank, I decided to let Chloe kill him. I don't actually think he deserves it or and certainly not that it would be a good idea, but it seemed like the most influential decision. Chloes life is ruined afterwards and she can't just shake it off. Also they are really bad at fleeing from a crime scene. They put fingerprints on the whole body and if you give him the money (in the envelope which was stolen the night before and for which you are a suspect,) they just leave it there. The police would have them in a day. And even if she was able to get away with claiming that it was self defense, it will weight on her mind.

That decision felt kind of sociopathic, though. I basically did that in order to see how much I can make her ruin her life.

Junkfist posted:

LIFE IS DRANKS has JUST BEGUN.

http://www.twitch.tv/broteam

CRACK EM.
This person is not particullarly smart. His response to the scene I just described: "Does anything actually happen in this episode?"
"Who the gently caress is David?"

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jul 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

:stare: Holy poo poo this loving game.

So uh I just finished the episode

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Reclaimer posted:

He gets off on despair and pain.

This was Nyarlathotep's whole schtick!!
secret persona

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Air is lava! posted:

This person is not particullarly smart. His response to the scene I just described: "Does anything actually happen in this episode?"
"Who the gently caress is David?"

Isn't this basically BroTeam's entire schtick?

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

SirSamVimes posted:

Isn't this basically BroTeam's entire schtick?

No Broteam is a very high-brow and intellectual streamer who is deeply and emotionally invested in the fate of all the characters in Life is Strange, he would never joke about the severity of the events.

Especially when he's been playing a drinking game with it for over 3 hours.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The only notable thing I know about him is that he refunded Sunset on stream which was pretty drat funny.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I also know he had a meltdown and tried to call others pedos with little to no evidence just for attention. Broteam sucks.

Also I keep reading this thread title as Life is Kek

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
So the reveal at the end. It's weird because I began to suspect that Jefferson was up to something but I'm not sure what tipped me off. Like I don't know if I was just expecting the twist because it fit the plot structure or if there were clues I picked on subconsciously.

As for my decisions: Euthanized Chloe, broke David's lock, let Warren beat the poo poo out of Nathan, saved the doggy but let Frank get shot in the leg, and warned Victoria. I may be forgetting some of them.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

H. West Miskatonic University huh? Chloe might have a bright future.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
What decisions lead to Frank not only not getting killed but also not hurting his dog? Everything I did, before I was finally able to get him to work with us, is A) attacking Max or B) getting shot along with his dog getting shot

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Macaluso posted:

What decisions lead to Frank not only not getting killed but also not hurting his dog? Everything I did, before I was finally able to get him to work with us, is A) attacking Max or B) getting shot along with his dog getting shot

Close door. I'm sorry. You scared me. Rescue Dogs. You know Rachel. Basically whatever choice is the least confrontational and most apologetic without revealing you've been through his poo poo.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Huh. I never even touched the "close the door" option cause whenever you told Frank to do literally anything he'd lose his fuckin marbles.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Junkfist posted:

without revealing you've been through his poo poo.
Haheheheh. I mentioned that Max had gotten his keys in episode three and Frank and his dog were both killed... and Max blamed Chloe's big mouth for it after the rewind. #TerribleFriend

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Something I noticed which I hope was just a design team oversight the body they dig up isn't wearing the clothes Rachel had on for the pictures

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So I'm guessing that it works like the Kate puzzle in that each time you've wronged them you get one less stage of leeway.

I didn't have money for him, "shot" him but I didn't kill his dog. I'm guessing if the last wasn't true, it'd be physically impossible to get through without wounding him. As is, a single wrong answer was a failure state.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Ekusukariba posted:

Something I noticed which I hope was just a design team oversight the body they dig up isn't wearing the clothes Rachel had on for the pictures

You don't see her body. All you see is the bodybag she was buried in.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

SirSamVimes posted:

So I'm guessing that it works like the Kate puzzle in that each time you've wronged them you get one less stage of leeway.

I didn't have money for him, "shot" him but I didn't kill his dog. I'm guessing if the last wasn't true, it'd be physically impossible to get through without wounding him. As is, a single wrong answer was a failure state.

I didn't really see it as a failure.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Macaluso posted:

Huh. I never even touched the "close the door" option cause whenever you told Frank to do literally anything he'd lose his fuckin marbles.

Yeah, you don't have to close the door or throw any weapons away (I also didn't have the money) to get everyone out safe. Actually, in my case Chloe wasn't armed so I'm not sure what that option would've accomplished.

Air is lava! posted:

That decision felt kind of sociopathic, though. I basically did that in order to see how much I can make her ruin her life.

By now it's solidly established that your (Max's) mere existence ensures Chloe will never know lasting joy. She likes Max and might even love her*, but you know every decision you take is or will become an SUV to the spine a knife in the back.

*they seem to have dropped that plot-line (not that there was much to drop), instead doubling down on her love for Rachel in a pretty ham-fisted way. I suppose it gave a bigger impact to Rachel's death but, just like Max enabling Chloe's hunt for Nathan without question, I feel there could have been a more elegant way to do it.

seravid fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jul 29, 2015

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Georgia Peach posted:

I didn't really see it as a failure.

Eh. Frank's most definitely not a good person, but he's the only antagonist thus far with real redeeming characteristics. With Nathan and kind of David there's stuff that lets you understand why they're so hosed up and possibly emphasize with that, but nothing really redeeming.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
BTW am I the only person who laughed during the clues scene when Max mentioned Nathan's "big gas guzzling SUV" and it's just a picture of a regular pickup truck. The developer's Frenchiness comes out in weird spots.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

dmboogie posted:

Eh. Frank's most definitely not a good person, but he's the only antagonist thus far with real redeeming characteristics. With Nathan and kind of David there's stuff that lets you understand why they're so hosed up and possibly emphasize with that, but nothing really redeeming.

I just got the guy stabbed in the leg with the knife he pulled himself. Redeeming or not, stop pulling blades on teenage girls, dude.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

BTW am I the only person who laughed during the clues scene when Max mentioned Nathan's "big gas guzzling SUV" and it's just a picture of a regular pickup truck. The developer's Frenchiness comes out in weird spots.

at least it isn't as bad as them interchanging the term expelled and suspended

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

seravid posted:

an SUV to the spine a knife in the back.
Don't you mean a bullet to the head?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Georgia Peach posted:

I just got the guy stabbed in the leg with the knife he pulled himself. Redeeming or not, stop pulling blades on teenage girls, dude.

Oh yeah, most definitely! I thought you were referring to the failure state of straight up killing the dude.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

dmboogie posted:

Oh yeah, most definitely! I thought you were referring to the failure state of straight up killing the dude.
Honestly if Chloe had shot Frank dead but not the dog I probably would have let it stand. I mean Frank is not just selling weed to stoners, he's selling serious poo poo that screws up lives even ignoring the drugs' role in the binders full of women Nathan and Jefferson raped.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Chaltab posted:

Honestly if Chloe had shot Frank dead but not the dog I probably would have let it stand. I mean Frank is not just selling weed to stoners, he's selling serious poo poo that screws up lives even ignoring the drugs' role in the binders full of women Nathan and Jefferson raped.

"serious poo poo that screws up lives" kind of describes most drugs. Frank's not a good dude, he is a lovely drug dealer after all, but I'm sure he wouldn't exactly be happy to find out what his drugs have been used for. That's why I was annoyed when we find Rachel's body, and we find the Dark Room, and we don't contact Frank at all.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

GreenBuckanneer posted:

That would imply that each time you rewind, you're making a new universe.

Yeah, it's not a great explanation, but the only other idea I like is that Rachel did have some kind of power and the ghost doe is a fragment of that, because it was guiding Max to Rachel's grave and might explain the graffiti warnings and how she remained conscious after Nathan lured her away at the party and dosed her. I don't really buy into that one though, because I think it makes more sense that Nathan just hosed up somehow, maybe by giving her a very small dose of GHB or whatever sedative they were using, then hosed up again by giving her way too much.

I'm also 90% convinced by the idea that the victims are chosen because Nathan's dad wants blond girls , that he's the person who's controlling and paying for all of this, and that he doesn't want to kill the girls he has Jefferson and his son kidnap. Because that would draw too much attention and ruin his , for lack of a better word, hobby, but the whole plan is unraveling because Nathan is becoming too unstable and Jefferson is starting to get sloppy by making his own moves against Max. He was supposed to grab Victoria next, but he was probably bugging Max to enter a photo for the contest so he could pick her entry as the winner and abduct her on the way to the national competition.

Macaluso posted:

"serious poo poo that screws up lives" kind of describes most drugs. Frank's not a good dude, he is a lovely drug dealer after all, but I'm sure he wouldn't exactly be happy to find out what his drugs have been used for. That's why I was annoyed when we find Rachel's body, and we find the Dark Room, and we don't contact Frank at all.

I'm pretty sure he knew what it was used for when he sold it.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Probably because Frank might be dead, or at least shot, by that point, and not in any position to actually do anything about it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I need the next episode now. I gotta fix this!

This game is so good. I really hope the last episode comes out quicker than this one did.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Dude it's all about assembling the right murder agents so at the end you can kill as many people as you need to.

Frank is good because he's violent and has blade skills and has a killer dog, David's good because of PTSD and guns and tacticals, Warren knows how to assemble bombs and poo poo and has a new found propensity for violence, everyone else is mid-tier or side characters so get those three dudes and just equip them with their primary weapons and you're good tornadoes get hosed.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Roman Reigns posted:

:stare: Holy poo poo this loving game.

So uh I just finished the episode

Yeah.

epitasis posted:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Junkfist posted:

Dude it's all about assembling the right murder agents so at the end you can kill as many people as you need to.

Frank is good because he's violent and has blade skills and has a killer dog, David's good because of PTSD and guns and tacticals, Warren knows how to assemble bombs and poo poo and has a new found propensity for violence, everyone else is mid-tier or side characters so get those three dudes and just equip them with their primary weapons and you're good tornadoes get hosed.

uh if alyssa didn't pledge to help you as necessary you hosed up fam

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Alyssa is the meatshield.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

She's definitely top-tier when it comes to pulling aggro.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Oh it occurs to me that when you ask Jefferson about where Nathan is at the party he says that he hasn't seen him since that afternoon and that he was in his dorm. I was totally expecting to go there and find that Jefferson had already murdered Nathan until Chloe got the text.

Which, technically, we still don't know that he didn't kill Nathan, given that Nathan is nowhere to be seen and Jefferson has his phone.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Chaltab posted:

Oh it occurs to me that when you ask Jefferson about where Nathan is at the party he says that he hasn't seen him since that afternoon and that he was in his dorm. I was totally expecting to go there and find that Jefferson had already murdered Nathan until Chloe got the text.

Which, technically, we still don't know that he didn't kill Nathan, given that Nathan is nowhere to be seen and Jefferson has his phone.

Nathan stormed off that morning, iirc, meaning that Jefferson was admitting to have seen him later that day, probably in the gently caress Dungeon.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Your lover has been murdered and they're disposing of the evidence, let me just stop everything to hear who won a photo competition I'm not even in

Max you can be a real dick sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Question about what happens if you pick Jefferson at the end of Chapter 2?

If Jefferson doesn't have to make the announcement about the Everyday Heroes contest, do you see him at the party?

• Locked thread