Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Okay, good to know. I may get one for my friend at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010
I wish I lived in a country that had an actual currency. That deal is still worth like $45 NZD even for the cheapest one.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Uh, I just casually grabbed a commander for my LTP as the female crew member rewarded by the campaign missions, thinking it was just another 100% crew member, but had no idea about the Sisterhood of Steel thing...I essentially wasted a pick, I take it?

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Uh, I just casually grabbed a commander for my LTP as the female crew member rewarded by the campaign missions, thinking it was just another 100% crew member, but had no idea about the Sisterhood of Steel thing...I essentially wasted a pick, I take it?

yes, especially because you can use any soviet light tank commander in the ltp

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Jack_tripper posted:

yes, especially because you can use any soviet light tank commander in the ltp

I don't have any soviet lights. I used the LTP for some casual seal-clubbing when it came out and found it moderately funny to play, but then moved the crew out and retrained them. I figured I'd just be getting a regular 100% crew member, didn't know I'd get one with a free done skill along with it. Should have probably read up.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You can just retrain her for another tank but you can't switch nations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I don't know all the hate for the FV201. It is a fine tank. Not amazing, but certainly not bad.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
what is it that you like about the a45 exactly? the high rate of fire from its low pen/low alpha gun? perhaps the engine deck large enough to land helicopters on?

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

Mesadoram posted:

I don't know all the hate for the FV201. It is a fine tank. Not amazing, but certainly not bad.

Primelaw parachute account spotted

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Jack_tripper posted:

what is it that you like about the a45 exactly? the high rate of fire from its low pen/low alpha gun? perhaps the engine deck large enough to land helicopters on?

Its most redeeming quality is that it's a xp/credit piñata for my Type 59.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Jack_tripper posted:

Never said I liked it. I just think it is an OK tank. I want to play it more to get a better feeling for it, but the few games I played yesterday mostly ended in unicum wn8.

I found playing it like a medium to be much better than playing it like a heavy.

Super 3 posted:

Its most redeeming quality is that it's a xp/credit piñata for my Type 59.

:jerkbag:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
It makes for a nice pinata for tier 6 tanks.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Apparently the A45 weighs in at over 55 tons (56-58 with equipment). This is Germany levels of unoptimized size, this is a tank with a 76mm thick front plate.

It weighs more than the BP.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Atomizer posted:

http://www.kinguin.net/category/10948/world-of-tanks-1250-gold-8-8-cm-pak-43-jagdtiger-tank-7-days-premium-bonus-code/

This is still a thing. The codes are currently in the low-mid $20 range (they're worth $50) so you get double your money's worth in gold & some premium time. I've purchased from them before, they're legit.
Thanks for sharing this, definitely going to buy ones of these for a friend. I am hoping that since they are a code I could buy it now and he activate the code later?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

srb posted:

Apparently the A45 weighs in at over 55 tons (56-58 with equipment). This is Germany levels of unoptimized size, this is a tank with a 76mm thick front plate.

It weighs more than the BP.

Also, the T14 is like 50 tons for what is essentially a slow, somewhat more armored stock M4

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Well I don't know the tank's dimensions, but if the A45's hull is the same width as the Conqueror's then it's like 70 cm wider than the T14.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

The A45 is fine as long as it is top tier and you know how to aim. Once it has to go against 8s it struggles. It is completely ineffective against 9s. If they buffed the pen by 20 it might be useful. I plan to spend the next 2 weeks or so grinding as many 8s and 9s as I can, since there are SO MANY shitlords playing the A45 I will almost never be bottom tier.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
Not even worth trying to play my T1 Heavy at the moment. Every retard in WoT is out in the A45 at the moment. I tried one game and ended up bottom tier against 4 of them.

The chances of being put into a tier 7 match are probably like 80%.

I played a game earlier in my IS-2 where there 7 A45's on the other team. How do you get the tank anyway? Is it a mission reward?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

WayAbvPar posted:

The A45 is fine as long as it is top tier and you know how to aim. Once it has to go against 8s it struggles. It is completely ineffective against 9s. If they buffed the pen by 20 it might be useful. I plan to spend the next 2 weeks or so grinding as many 8s and 9s as I can, since there are SO MANY shitlords playing the A45 I will almost never be bottom tier.
I made the mistake of playing some Tier VI battles yesterday. A45's are out like cockroaches. Might be a good time to grind on my JP2.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

KV-2 stronk against imperialist 201

Not kidding

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Missing Name posted:

KV-2 stronk against imperialist 201

Not kidding

Please, I can only get So aroused.

Fake Edit: I need to rebuy my KV-2...

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Missing Name posted:

fwiw, I did all of my SPG missions for the Stuguu~ in my S-51 of all loving things... With honors.

I've used the bishop for essentially everything, now on spg-10 for the T28. S-51 got a couple of higher damage missions in the second mission set, but could've done them in the bishop if I was stubborn. Not very unusual to get 2000 damage bishop games, which is the benchmark for most of the second set.

What I'm saying is the bishop is fantastic and overpowered as hell. I'm not great at this game, and I pretty much just play solo. Most of my tanks sit around 52%. My bishop is at 65%. The limited range is not a problem. You have to sit closer to the action, but there's always cover that you can hide behind whilst you hit tanks trying to do the same.

Carried a tier 7 game we should've lost today, just sat there shooting a kv-3, an IS and a Tiger for 100ish damage a shot, 22 hits and beat the IS to get highest damage on the team. Which was only ~1750 because our heavy tanks were even worse than theirs.

Is any other piece of artillery more ridiculous?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Bleremiah posted:

I've used the bishop for essentially everything, now on spg-10 for the T28. S-51 got a couple of higher damage missions in the second mission set, but could've done them in the bishop if I was stubborn. Not very unusual to get 2000 damage bishop games, which is the benchmark for most of the second set.

What I'm saying is the bishop is fantastic and overpowered as hell. I'm not great at this game, and I pretty much just play solo. Most of my tanks sit around 52%. My bishop is at 65%. The limited range is not a problem. You have to sit closer to the action, but there's always cover that you can hide behind whilst you hit tanks trying to do the same.

Carried a tier 7 game we should've lost today, just sat there shooting a kv-3, an IS and a Tiger for 100ish damage a shot, 22 hits and beat the IS to get highest damage on the team. Which was only ~1750 because our heavy tanks were even worse than theirs.

Is any other piece of artillery more ridiculous?

FV304

e: minipatch?

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 28, 2015

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
20 shots fired, most of them fully aimed in, 6 penetrations.

Thanks for that wonderful accuracy nerf Wargaming, I sure didn't enjoy having an advantage over most of the glue eating morons that make up the playerbase because I actually bothered to shoot tanks in their weakspots from an advantageous position, making every loving shot a goddamn dice roll is a wonderful idea for balance.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

WitchFetish posted:

Thanks for that wonderful accuracy nerf Wargaming, I sure didn't enjoy having an advantage over most of the glue eating morons that make up the playerbase because I actually bothered to shoot tanks in their weakspots from an advantageous position, making every loving shot a goddamn dice roll is a wonderful idea for balance.
Meanwhile there are still things like Waffles, FV 183s, and artillery!

one on a bun
Oct 23, 2008
Why do the domination tanks now have a giant 'a' on them? Is that all the micro patch did? Was any of this really necessary

Also why does the gold on the dom tanks look like this

Also why is domination so terrible

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
The giant "A" means that you're a giant rear end in a top hat if you play that mode.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I thought it stood for "Aspergers"

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

Agrajag posted:

The giant "A" means that you're a giant rear end in a top hat if you play that mode.

I'm tempted to play it because I don't have any tier tens (because I sold my IS-4). :(

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Dekatris posted:

pubbie that i told to "aim better" after he complained that his gold round bounced:

mercury00001 (4:55:51 PM) you were being an rear end in a top hat back seat monday morning driver.
mercury00001 (4:56:13 PM) It doesn't matter. I am about to permaban myself.
Dekatris (4:56:18 PM) hahaha
Dekatris (4:56:29 PM) don't get so upset over video games
Dekatris (4:56:31 PM) that's my job
mercury00001 (4:56:47 PM) I am about to load up a battle and TK my account into oblivion.
Dekatris (4:58:00 PM) hahahaha
Dekatris (4:58:02 PM) have fun
mercury00001 (5:00:10 PM) even failed at that. I was TKed before being able to TK. oh well. load up anther battle and try, try again.
Dekatris (5:07:21 PM) :(
Dekatris (5:07:25 PM) better luck next time

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/455119-bottom-tier-70-of-battles-bad-rng-3-month-ban/

Hahahahaha

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

The one person more mad at tanks than Dekatris.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

WitchFetish posted:

the secret is youre bad too

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Control Volume posted:

the secret is youre bad too

The actual secret is uninstall and go play something that's not awful.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I didn't realise LT-15 had been changed. Suddenly a lot easier! Though I've been stuck at the tracking mission for a while because I'm bad at being a light tank and aiming whilst running around like a maniac.

That JgTiger 8.8 code works, pretty neat. My only T8 premium. Seems a decent enough tank. Just got to hide the bottom half. Makesa ton of credits apparently, do different premium tanks make different amounts of credits?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

What are you people doing with the T-54?

Only 1st class.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Bleremiah posted:

I didn't realise LT-15 had been changed. Suddenly a lot easier! Though I've been stuck at the tracking mission for a while because I'm bad at being a light tank and aiming whilst running around like a maniac.

That JgTiger 8.8 code works, pretty neat. My only T8 premium. Seems a decent enough tank. Just got to hide the bottom half. Makesa ton of credits apparently, do different premium tanks make different amounts of credits?

The JT88 makes a shitload of credits because shell cost is so drat low and it shits out a lot of damage and it almost never requires gold ammo unlike a lot of other pref 8s. I used to play the JT88 a lot but the current state of the game doesn't favor casemate tank destroyers like it used to since a lot of maps have been reworked to favor more close in fighting. That deal is still insane though since now that you have it you can essentially buy 13250 gold for not much more than 20$ a pop 4 times and it even comes with premium time.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Cardiac posted:

What are you people doing with the T-54?

Only 1st class.
Clicking on T10 red tanks a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Wha determines how much silver you earn in a battle? Is it higher on higer tiers?