Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Slavvy posted:

Just wanna chime in and say the gom jabbar is actually the needle at your neck.
:henget:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
http://tvnz.co.nz/seven-sharp/does-tpp-affect-little-old-me-home-video-6364031

rekt (2m onwards)

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

quote:

Colin Craig is seeking compensation for alleged defamatory comments made by the "Dirty Politics Brigade".

He's making cases against Jordan Williams, John Stringer and Cameron Slater in the order of $300,000, $600,000 and $650,000 respectively.

He made the announcement at a press conference in Auckland this afternoon.

He will also be releasing a booklet that outlines the "campaign of defamatory lies" he claims was purposely launched to undermine him.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11488774

god bless colin craig

exmarx fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jul 29, 2015

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
I sure hope this doesn't put too much stress on poor Cameron :(

Smithersnz
May 10, 2005

We freaked out yesterday. Let's just freak in tonight
Soiled Meat
Colin Craig vs Cam Slater :f5:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

He continues to look like a pedophile priest.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
How do I get a copy of this booklet? Send him a stamped self-addressed envelope?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Red_Museum posted:

How do I get a copy of this booklet? Send him a stamped self-addressed envelope?

He'll be passing them out at the corner of queen street and K road AFAIK.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Someone uploaded it
http://www.scribd.com/doc/272896057/Colin-Craig-Dirty-Politics-The-Booklet

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
owns

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Seems kind of strange he announced in a press conference with accompanying material that he is going after them rather than getting his lawyers to serve them and then making the press release about it. I think this is more of a PR move to get the public on his side rather than a serious attempt at a legal process to shut them down and reclaim the party.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
I was laughing a bunch about this until I had a look at the document and realised he's basically using this to deal with the sexual harassment allegations in the public eye again. Fucker.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

xiw posted:

I was laughing a bunch about this until I had a look at the document and realised he's basically using this to deal with the sexual harassment allegations in the public eye again. Fucker.

So why did that make you stop laughing?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I'm really hoping he tries something along these lines: http://downloads.newsok.com/documents/rinehartcartoon.pdf

(Other hilarious comics can be found here: http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-4-most-homophobic-comics-ever-created/ )

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Holy poo poo you just know that Colin Craig wrote that entire thing himself. Now that he's not a potential political power I really feel sorry for the guy, he's obviously not entirely there in the head

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

xiw posted:

Cause making unwelcome advances to the help totally legitimates Whale publishing untruths :rolleyes:

Craig is too autistic to be lying over all this, I for one believe every word.

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

Christchurch: the beating racist heart of NZ

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/opinion/70646162/intentional-or-unintentional-racism-is-still-wrong

quote:

In 2000 my wife and I staged our great Fijian escape. We left our jobs, home, friends and family and moved our children to New Zealand for a better life and to be away from Fiji's political upheavals.

We settled first in Invercargill, the coldest place on Earth as far as we were concerned, but there we also experienced great warmth, kindness and hospitality.

Invercargill was, and probably still is, a white middle-class community. Everyone on our street knew we were different but in our first few months there, as we struggled with the climate and the culture, it was not uncommon to come home and see food, fruit and clothes on the doorstep, left there by people who knew we had come from far away. I also made some best friends in Invercargill, mostly Pakeha, and if there is ever a place in New Zealand I can call home it is there.

In 2003, we moved to Christchurch, and although we had been warned we were still surprised by the level of racism we witnessed.

It is true that racism is inevitable in a country like New Zealand where one culture is so dominant, but that is no excuse for the level of intolerance and hostility people of colour face on a regular basis. While in Invercargill, the fact that we were different brought people to our door; in Christchurch it was what set us apart from the rest.

Only as recent as last June, a man as young as my oldest son called me a "thieving friend of the family" because he assumed I was stealing from a predominantly white neighbourhood where my wife and I had gone to pick up a pair of metal gates we had bought on Trade Me.

Christchurch - rebuilding it was a mistake.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Their mistake was thinking the South Island is somewhere people should go, or live.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
Flying directly from south auckland into chch is quite jarring

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

bobbilljim posted:

Flying directly from south auckland into chch is quite jarring

Have done this, couldn't believe how everyone behind the counter at mdonald's was white.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Slavvy posted:

Have done this, couldn't believe how everyone behind the counter at mdonald's was white.

It is like that in Greymouth except most of the managers and the owner aren't white.

Coming from Christchurch to Greymouth I didn't see much overt racism until I came to Greymouth. But I also stayed away from Linwood and Sydenham so that may account for that.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

dusty posted:

Christchurch: the beating racist heart of NZ

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/opinion/70646162/intentional-or-unintentional-racism-is-still-wrong

Christchurch - rebuilding it was a mistake.

Because the rest of New Zealand lives in perfect racial harmony!

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
I am from the mainland and I think it's loving rad. Well, apart from christchurch. And gore. And timaru. And oamaru. And waimate. And Queenstown. And Blenheim. And picton. And mosgeil. And Cheviot. and Cromwell. And Duntroon. And Hampden. And kurow. And pekeuri. And ranfurly. And twizel. And temuka.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

quote:

NBR Rich List 2015: Wealth creators shine brightly amid economic prosperity

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

klen dool posted:

I am from the mainland and I think it's loving rad. Well, apart from christchurch. And gore. And timaru. And oamaru. And waimate. And Queenstown. And Blenheim. And picton. And mosgeil. And Cheviot. and Cromwell. And Duntroon. And Hampden. And kurow. And pekeuri. And ranfurly. And twizel. And temuka.

You sound like someone who has never visited the West Coast

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

Varkk posted:

You sound like someone who has never visited the West Coast

Almost right - I haven't spent enough time over there to have a real opinion :)

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

klen dool posted:

so basically Nelson and Dunedin are the only good places then.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Chalupa Joe posted:

Plenty of wine and university-aged hipster chicks is generally a good combination.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I'm from Nelson.

You may now reassess any positive thoughts you had about it.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Chalupa Joe posted:

and wanaka, and motueka :D

klen dool
May 7, 2007

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I'm from Nelson.

Added to the poo poo list.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I'm from Nelson.

Me too.

I got out.

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

klen dool posted:

and wanaka, and motueka :D

and Ashburton.

Although it has improved a bit since a lot of migrant workers are on dairy farms.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Chalupa Joe posted:

Remember that Nick Smith is the mp for Nelson

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Nick Smith is a ferret wearing a mansuit. I can't believe nobody else has spotted this yet. He even smells like one.

His main opponent is Mike Ward, who bikes around town on a horizontal bike because that's apparently better for the environment. Also it makes you much harder to see in traffic. Mike Ward has been almost-run-over so many times I'm losing count.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I've taken the step of simply highlighting on this map all of the not-completely-poo poo areas of New Zealand.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Ghostlight posted:

I've taken the step of simply highlighting on this map all of the not-completely-poo poo areas of New Zealand.

why'd you make the non-poo poo areas grey?

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

I think John Key is at my local Cossie club and then the college today shaking hands and being mates with all the old fucks in this town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Oh yeah, I was at a homebrew thing last night and I had a John Key beer.

The guy had photoshopped himself into a photo with John Key, and started talking about how brown beer was a working man's beer or something that I quickly zoned out of.

• Locked thread