Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I'd want it to have death screens like in GTA that say :mediocre: instead of WASTED!

I'd want that for every game, come to think of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
I find it really strange that the same studio choose to make two very similar style games with a release date that will only be 2-3 months apart. Mad Max is a little different, but it's still basically an open world game about causing a lot of destruction. Just Cause 3 just looks bigger and better in every way with a lot more options to cause destruction, and I'm not sure Mad Max's gimmick of focusing on your car is going to be enough.

I almost feel like they are setting Mad Max up to fail by releasing it so close to their stuido's main franchise title, giving all of the advertising to said title, and releasing this game within 1 week of MGSV and Star Wars Battlefront. This would be the perfect summer title when game releases are few and far between, and there is still a lot of time before Just Cause 3 comes out.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Why would they intentionally set up a game that could make them a lot of money to fail? Mad Max is a far bigger name than Just Cause. Heck, there is probably more potential money in a Mad Max game than Just Cause simply because of the name.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Here's another E3 video, some of the GT guys talking about the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ebIoRUjrTo

One feature mentioned here that I haven't heard elsewhere: you have to manually refuel your car. Like actually get out, get your gas can out, and pour it in the tank in real time. Kinda cool.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I didn't really like Just Cause 2 much at all so I hope it's not like Just Cause.

I liked Just Cause 2 multiplayer, but that was a mod. :shrug:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
this game comes out the same day as metal gear solid...

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

THE PENETRATOR posted:

this game comes out the same day as metal gear solid...

Yeah that's the real interesting thing about this game. I'm totally confident this will be a fun car game that's well put together, but it's coming out on September 1st against bloody Metal Gear Solid V. Will people even notice?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I didn't like any of the Just Cause's either. I just got really bored once I had done a few crazy stunts

I think I need a solid story or a few solid characters at least to keep my interest in chaos simulators like that and I'm hoping the Mad Max games will offer that.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Shoehead posted:

Yeah that's the real interesting thing about this game. I'm totally confident this will be a fun car game that's well put together, but it's coming out on September 1st against bloody Metal Gear Solid V. Will people even notice?

I'm one of maybe four people in the world more interested in this game than MGS:V.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

TotalHell posted:

I'm one of maybe four people in the world more interested in this game than MGS:V.

I'm one of them, never even played a Metal Gear game except for Revengeance and that one doesn't really "count" since it's a Platinum game that just happens to have a few Metal Gear characters in it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I kind of got tired of MGS a long time ago and didn't see anything I wanted more of in Ground Zeroes.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

TotalHell posted:

'Sup. :hfive:

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

If you're on PC, you can just play Mad Max until TPP releases two weeks later. Win-win.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Add me to the 'don't give a poo poo about Metal Gear' list.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
I, unfortunately, am hyped for both. (Mgs is extremely good)

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
I've never owned a Playstation so the Metal Gear franchise has never really appeared on my radar, and I'm pretty sure I'm far from the only one. I've seen a single gif of some dude on a horse kidnapping a jeep with balloons and it made me make a mental note to check if it's any good post-release, but that's the extent of my hype for the new game.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
I'm so loving pissed that MGS comes out the same day as this.

Mad Max 2 has been a favourite movie of mine for 15+ years. This game looks so good.

But man.. MGS..

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm getting a ps4 for msg that day so I may as well grab Mad Max for it because I really don't know about WB porting this to pc correctly

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
They did a good job on Shadow of Mordor, but that may have been due to Monolith. Really hope WB learns from their Arkham Knight fiasco :ohdear:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Apparently you can drink your own piss in this game, which may well make it the greatest game that ever was or ever will be

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
They built a real-life version of the car from the new Mad Max game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz5SrtlFQMI

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

King Vidiot posted:

I didn't really like Just Cause 2 much at all so I hope it's not like Just Cause.

I liked Just Cause 2 multiplayer, but that was a mod. :shrug:

I agree with you. A lot of the core systems felt like boring bland poo poo. The shooting felt terrible, the driving felt terrible, the flying felt terrible.

It was cool to grapple everywhere, but even that got old after a while and it says a lot about the game that I had to cheat to actually make the game enjoyable.

But maybe if they are focusing on a more story based experience with this one, the gameplay will be more focused and rewarding.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Chug that guzzoween

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

blackguy32 posted:

I agree with you. A lot of the core systems felt like boring bland poo poo. The shooting felt terrible, the driving felt terrible, the flying felt terrible.

It was cool to grapple everywhere, but even that got old after a while and it says a lot about the game that I had to cheat to actually make the game enjoyable.

But maybe if they are focusing on a more story based experience with this one, the gameplay will be more focused and rewarding.

Yeah a big problem I had with Just Cause 2 is that I didn't care about the story or anything but the grappling and freefalling and parachuting. You can blow poo poo up but without a compelling reason to it gets really old, and then you eventually just run out of poo poo to blow up.

At least with Mad Max there's a whole universe that I already like and would love to explore as Max in a souped-up V8 car. I thought they consulted with George Miller on the game too, so there's that.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

TotalHell posted:

+1

flamingdawg
May 25, 2006
JC2 had spectacle galore but it all felt weightless and inconsequential.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

+1

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

flamingdawg posted:

JC2 had spectacle galore but it all felt weightless and inconsequential.

There was no progression to speak of. Upgrade kits just made guns and cars less-sucky and you never got or developed more tricks than you started out with.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

e: can't count

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

I too, am excited about this game.

I'm pretty interested in the fuel mechanic. As far as I know this is the first game since Mafia 1 that included fuel in the cars (except racing games obviously)

What are you guys looking forward to?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TescoBag posted:

What are you guys looking forward to?

I'm looking forward to the mod that lets me drive the car from Fallout 2. :v:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'll gladly get Mad Max new and wait on Phantom Pain because gently caress giving only Konami money for it. I'm just a worried if they're a little too quiet about the game now that we're a month and three days away from release and to know when that loving steam version is gonna hit. Or rather, how bad it will hit PC because this is WB. :bang:

I'm looking forward to see if I can lead enemies into the storm.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jul 29, 2015

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Crabtree posted:

I'll gladly get Mad Max new and wait on Phantom Pain because gently caress giving only Konami money for it. I'm just a worried if they're a little too quiet about the game now that we're a month and three days away from release and to know when that loving steam version is gonna hit. Or rather, how bad it will hit PC because this is WB. :bang:

WB has such a patchy history with ports it seems although i've had no problem with them so far. I have my fingers crossed.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Crabtree posted:

Argh. I forget which interview/video it was, but yeah, I'm pretty sure this is a tactic you can do to shake off a war party tailing you.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I think they also talked about being able to find really good salvage in the storm if you managed to get in and out without dying horribly. Presumably you could just drive into it, and any enemies chasing you will either wisely back off or drive in with you and probably get destroyed.

I'm looking forward to scrounging bits of garbage and cobbling them together into an unholy monstrosity of a machine. I hope there's lots of clothing/armour scrounging too so that I can look equally lovely and cobbled-together.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 29, 2015

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Man, screw Kojima and that overrated piece of poo poo that is the MGS series, I'll be getting this instead at release.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

TescoBag posted:

WB has such a patchy history with ports it seems although i've had no problem with them so far. I have my fingers crossed.

While it isn't fair to push a potential WB PC port curse on Avalanche Studios (Jesus, it literally is Just Cause 3's twin. Even this version of Max and Rico look almost identical sans the ripped clothing and grappling hook.) I'm gonna play this one safe and likely go PS4. If it doesn't show itself to be another Arkham Knight or if WB just delays the PC release anyway, I can snag it again later on a steam sale. I'm definitely hoping someone can mod in at least the wingsuit from JC3 into MM on the dumb hope I can slightly control how I fly around in the storm.

Blind Sally posted:

Argh. I forget which interview/video it was, but yeah, I'm pretty sure this is a tactic you can do to shake off a war party tailing you.

Good, I hope I can get a really long chain of pursuers on me that can be devoured by it just so I can either get their loot because they followed me or just bail out and watch them get shredded in the wind.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Half of Avalanche got split for this and Squeenix's JC3 and I'm sure that one won't piecemeal your content as bad as whatever WB does. kind of sucks that PC owners will be sticking their dick in a hornet's next if they get a WB game in 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Angry Diplomat posted:

I hope there's lots of clothing/armour scrounging too so that I can look equally lovely and cobbled-together.

You look lovely and cobbled-together to me baby.

• Locked thread