Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
That's Forbidden Oasis. Depending on where you are in the game you can also: find a chest behind a trebuchet in Exalted Plains in one of the ramparts that is likely to have T3 in it and can be farmed; Cradle of Sulevin is huge T3 farming fun (to unlock it you need to find the letter in Emprise du Lion by Drakon's Rise camp); and most story missions will have at least one chest with a decent schematic relevant to the suggested level in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
There's also a farmable vault in one of the chateaus in the Emerald Graves that reliably gives T3 equipment, plus all the corruption runes you can carry.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I've been to the Still Ruins in the Western Approach a bunch of times and every time I wander a bit and look at everything. The area designers really had fun with that place.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Oh yeah, that place is cool.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Morrigan is much more friendly (or just amenable) in this game than in Origins (I did like her character there).

Also I can't help but find it funny that even when you have the entire southern continent fully behind the Inquisition you still have to harvest elfroot PERSONALLY.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Well you can just buy it or have your soldiers harvest it, but you can send out the full might of the Inquisition and they'll come back with, like, six. :effort:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

So it turns out I'm terrible with money :saddowns:

The new DLC armor is amusingly ridiculous, and you can craft something pretty decent if you don't mind looking like you stepped out of a Franzetta painting. Plus the decor fills your throne room up with giant naked Qunari, so that's something.

Then there's this:

(Apologies for the lovely cell phone pic, but drat, what a bed)

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
That is the right way to go with DLC. Completely over the top irrelevant poo poo that looks kickass.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Crow Jane posted:

So it turns out I'm terrible with money :saddowns:

The new DLC armor is amusingly ridiculous, and you can craft something pretty decent if you don't mind looking like you stepped out of a Franzetta painting. Plus the decor fills your throne room up with giant naked Qunari, so that's something.

Then there's this:

(Apologies for the lovely cell phone pic, but drat, what a bed)
Welp there goes 5 bucks or whatever it is because I need that.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
that'll be a great backdrop for all ~2 scenes that happen in the Inquisitor's bedchamber

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

JawKnee posted:

that'll be a great backdrop for all ~2 scenes that happen in the Inquisitor's bedchamber

it's weird right. they made Shepard's cabin in ME2/3 a place you had a reason to visit regularly, but almost nothing with this

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

JawKnee posted:

Sera would literally melt into a quivering pool if those were female.

edit: I had something here about a contest, and then I noticed the deadline had already passed. Woops!

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 22, 2015

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So this is interesting

New single player dlc or new multiplayer maps (or both)?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

So this is interesting

New single player dlc or new multiplayer maps (or both)?

Isn't that the map from Origins?

Lotish posted:

Sera would literally melt into a quivering pool if those were female.

She'll love the new throne room, then.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Crow Jane posted:

Isn't that the map from Origins?

Yep it has the spot for Shale down there on the bottom in *premium content color*

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

As much as everyone dislikes Sera, I liked her and my female In-Qunari-tor romanced her. I thought their romance stuff was funny.

She gets super pissed at you after you come back from the fade if she wasn't there. There's a couple lines/scenes with some weird tone issues since Sera's character is definitely more immature and it feels kinda unbalanced, but her interactions with female Qunari, and her "diary" entries etc were funny to me.

I think one of the reasons I liked her is because everyone else is so stoic serious except in their private moments, except her and Bull.

And when you are first flirting with her as a female Qunari, she hits on you like a Gay Bear.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I kinda wish they had a NG+ feature, where you could keep your ridiculous stuff but enemies are more matched to your level like they did with ME. Save you the headache of dealing with poo poo equipment and no money for the first 1/3rd of the game.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

SubponticatePoster posted:

I kinda wish they had a NG+ feature, where you could keep your ridiculous stuff but enemies are more matched to your level like they did with ME. Save you the headache of dealing with poo poo equipment and no money for the first 1/3rd of the game.

If I ever do another playthrough, cheat engine is going to be a godsend. The MMO-esque leftovers are nothing but a huge pain in the rear end.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
So this has probably been fixed a long time back, but was the party banter bug ever addressed in the patches? I played through this game when it was release and wasn't able to hear most of what my party was talking about, but I have the itch to come back now that the DLC is here and I'm curious to see if it has been looked into yet! I'm playing on a PS4, if that matters. Thanks!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Supposedly yes, but dialogue is still pretty random. Some fixes people have used that seem to help: 1) Fast travel from the war table to an area instead of using the quest map (once you're there using the map is fine) and 2) Going to the completed quest section of your journal and "clearing" any quest with a star next to it by highlighting it using the left stick. Why this works I have no idea but if you're going long periods with no chat maybe try it.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

I had no party banter in my most recent game until I unlocked the free horse from from Dennet and used it a little, now everyone bitches at each other all the time. I have no idea if these two things are related but there you go.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
I had one instance of party banter through my completed play through and it consisted of Solas and Iron Bull bitching at each other before Bull's personal quest. We completed it and they were silent again. I never heard another word from anyone after that.

gently caress party banter is what I'm saying.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I didn't have much banter on my last playthrough but this time I've had a ton. Taking Blackwall and Dorian out together a lot resulted in a nice relationship. They bickered nonstop for eighty hours then eventually called a truce after Blackwall's personal quest. :3:

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

While I was busy trying to kill giants in Suledin Keep the other night, Iron Bull started hitting on Dorian with some pretty explicit lines and it was real awkward afterwards.

I still love party banter, though. Annoys me that it seems to happen so rarely; I heard the banter bug had been fixed but I play for hours at a time with no chatter at all :(

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I had no party banter in my most recent game until I unlocked the free horse from from Dennet and used it a little, now everyone bitches at each other all the time. I have no idea if these two things are related but there you go.

It was the case with some people in the past that trigger the mount was correlated with turning banter off so maybe the reverse is sometimes true?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
It's gonna be the Deep Roads. The DA Twitter has been going on and on about Darkspawn and The Legion of the Dead and poo poo.
Still, it'll be cool to see Inquisition's take on Ogre's and Shrieks and stuff. The Darkspawn were a loving afterthought in the main game, not even showing up at all in the main quest (save for Corypheus).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Whats a good level for dragons?

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

12 and up. Hinterlands is a bit tricky, Crestwood is pretty easy but is technically higher level. Watch your barriers and the swirly wind attack.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

As soon as you get your specialization, plus a little more for higher difficulties.

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
It'd be cool to see shrieks again but I'm reluctant about a Deep Roads DLC unless we get something a bit more substantial like say an expansion centred around Kal Sharok.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Also, take Bull with you every single time. His "THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY OF MY LIIIFEEE :black101:!!!!" enthusiasm more than makes up for the fact that he tends to die pretty quickly in dragon fights.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

Also, take Bull with you every single time. His "THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY OF MY LIIIFEEE :black101:!!!!" enthusiasm more than makes up for the fact that he tends to die pretty quickly in dragon fights.

Taking him to Abyssal is always funny

"Hey boss? You're the best!"

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Robutt posted:

It'd be cool to see shrieks again but I'm reluctant about a Deep Roads DLC unless we get something a bit more substantial like say an expansion centred around Kal Sharok.

Hail Mary prediction about the plot: you meet the Architect and he wants your help to protect an Old God that Darkspawn are getting close to corrupting. At the end of the main Dlc plot you get to physically be in its presence, not corrupted and sleeping. Suddenly your mark reacts to being near the Old God, it wakes up, and it flies right out of the Deep Roads into Thedas through the route you just cleared of Darkspawn to get to it.

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 31, 2015

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.

SgtSteel91 posted:

Hail Mary prediction about the plot: you meet the Architect and he wants your help to protect an Old God that Darkspawn are getting close to corrupting. At the end of the main Dlc plot you get to physically be in its presence, not corrupted and sleeping. Suddenly your mark reacts to being near the Old God, it wakes up, and it flies right out of the Deep Roads into Thedas through the route you just cleared of Darkspawn to get to it.

That sounds cool as I loved the description in a note you can find in the Western Approach of Grey Wardens hearing the audible "song" in the close proximity to an uncorrupted old god. Though I'm quite tired of world-ending global consequences bullshit at this point; yeah it'd be nice to know all the secrets in the lore but I think I'd really just prefer that they just make a DA2-style game but actually executed with some competency this time.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Stroop There It Is posted:

As soon as you get your specialization

I really think this is it. Once you can respec a bunch of power into your specializations you can generally become enough of a beast to handle most dragons. Some specials make dragons trivial at all levels.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
My plot prediction: Oghren has some sort of super-important information to tell the Inquisitor but he got blind drunk (like, blind drunk even for a dwarf) and wandered off in to the Deep Roads and you have to go find him.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I really don't think it's going to be in the Deep Roads, though I wouldn't complain if it was. From what I've seen of Dragon Age on Facebook, they occasionally pull "favorite such and such moments" polls and that sort of thing. Since, thank heavens, we didn't end up with a Justice DLC when they recently ran a similar one with him, I don't think the recent Deep Roads stuff is going to be any different. I'm really hoping it's that Qunari/Solas thing that was leaked a while back, especially since 'whatever it turns out to be will probably be the last addition to the game.

However, the Deep Roads were by far the best area in Origins, and I would definitely like to see what they'd do with them in Inquisition. If nothing else, I bet they'd look really cool.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

grack posted:

My plot prediction: Oghren has some sort of super-important information to tell the Inquisitor but he got blind drunk (like, blind drunk even for a dwarf) and wandered off in to the Deep Roads and you have to go find him.

christ I don't want to go into the loving deep roads again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I loving loved the Deep Roads and Orzammar in general, and I would say the only thing DAI really lacks is more dwarven bits. Unfortunately I have the game on PS3 so I won't be playing it until I finally upgrade anyway :shrug:

• Locked thread