Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Define "chill". :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Why's there been no 3D Dot Game Heroes LP yet?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

DoctorWhat posted:

There was one that fizzled out years ago, but this game's on my to-do list and I'll probably get to it after my current LP. :v:

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I want to request that someone do Arx Fatalis for the Xbox and PC. It's a pretty open-ended dungeon crawler with plenty of crafting, ways of doing things, and an interesting gesture-based spellcasting system. The Arx Libertatis mod by fans fixed a lot of stuff and made it compatible with current systems, and it was released on Steam back in 2007, so it's not difficult to come by, either.

It got pretty good reviews, and I'm sure it would prove an interesting LP due to how you can pretty much decide whether to kill everyone or simply use stealth to get by enemies, which all result in multiple endings that the LPer can touch on.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

B.A.T: The Koshan Conspiracy. Looks like one of those games that's a lot more interesting to read about than to play.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Seeing as it's appeared on GOG, I'd like to request Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat. Love that game, played Dark Omen to death, but the hardcore difficulty of SotHR was too much for me.

AMReese posted:

I want to request that someone do Arx Fatalis for the Xbox and PC. It's a pretty open-ended dungeon crawler with plenty of crafting, ways of doing things, and an interesting gesture-based spellcasting system. The Arx Libertatis mod by fans fixed a lot of stuff and made it compatible with current systems, and it was released on Steam back in 2007, so it's not difficult to come by, either.

It got pretty good reviews, and I'm sure it would prove an interesting LP due to how you can pretty much decide whether to kill everyone or simply use stealth to get by enemies, which all result in multiple endings that the LPer can touch on.

Wait, does it mean that Arx doesn't run like poo poo now? So grabbing that mod.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
OP updated with recent requests.

Hedrigall posted:

God I would love someone to do an informative, funny, chill, and most of all, competent DKC: Tropical Freeze LP.

It's already on the list.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Pierzak posted:

Wait, does it mean that Arx doesn't run like poo poo now? So grabbing that mod.

It runs smooth as butter if you use that, yeah.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

AMReese posted:

Oh man, if I can get it working on my machine I would totally be up for doing a screenshot LP of that.

On the topic of Warhammer stuff, I'd like to request a LP of Warhammer40K: Chaos Gate. Its an awesome squad-based tactical turn-based game where you kill Chaos scum in the name of the emprah. Its also pretty nails hard if memory serves.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Fez 3 please

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Putty posted:

Fez 3 please

This is a funny joke, because you might think Fez 3 is a real game, but actually, it'll probably never happen because Fez 2 was cancelled. Furthermore, the guy who does Fez is known for internet drama, which adds another layer of subtext. I laughed a lot.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

PiCroft posted:

Oh man, if I can get it working on my machine I would totally be up for doing a screenshot LP of that.

Not that I'd really object to a SSLP, but I'd rather it was a VLP, considering what you do in the game, like the gesture-based spellcasting. If you could put those in .gif format, however, that might still work.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Is the gesture based spellcasting kind of like the miracles in Black & White?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Kind of. You hold a mouse button and draw a rune.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

It's gestures + spell crafting. The first thing you learn are two runes that let you "make" and "fire" so you can light torches around you, or ignite a fire pit to bake some rat ribs, fish or even mix some dough and make a cake with cave berries. Yum.

You can also draw U W to throw the game into Ultima Underworld mode where all textures become solid colours. Which is odd because Underworld had perfectly serviceable pixely textures.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

AMReese posted:

Not that I'd really object to a SSLP, but I'd rather it was a VLP, considering what you do in the game, like the gesture-based spellcasting. If you could put those in .gif format, however, that might still work.

I can record videos, but I'm really self-conscious about my voice and I suck at audio commentary. Plus I don't have a decent microphone. Making gifs of things, such as spellcasting is certainly something I can do.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Could you do subtitles on the videos?

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

Could you do subtitles on the videos?

I could try. This would be my first LP which is why I was aiming for a SSLP because it requires less technical setup. Also, for a game that has a lot of wandering around and long gaps between dialog and other interesting events, I'm worried such an LP would be boring.

I'm thinking of doing a video of the opening cutscene, followed by a video of the character creation and the first 10 minutes or so of gameplay and putting it in the sandcastle thread and see how that goes. I'd prefer to try it out and get feedback there than make an attempt a the full game and do it badly.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
You're free to edit out the boring parts. You'll want to record video anyway even for screenshots because you won't have to constantly think about taking screenshots while you're concentrating on playing the game.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Screenshot LPs may require less of a technical setup but are a lot more work overall.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

PiCroft posted:

I can record videos, but I'm really self-conscious about my voice and I suck at audio commentary. Plus I don't have a decent microphone. Making gifs of things, such as spellcasting is certainly something I can do.

You can always try making a video, posting it here as a test post for the people to check it out, and then we would see if it's fine and/or what could you improve.
Sucking at audio commentary is something that can be remedied with some planning of what and when are you supposed to say, and, later, with practice.
Self-consciousness about the voice is something that can be remedied by doing a VLP.
Lack of a decent microphone isn't much of a problem, as long as your speech is intelligible and you don't hold it too close to your mouth.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

The Vosgian Beast posted:

This is a funny joke, because you might think Fez 3 is a real game, but actually, it'll probably never happen because Fez 2 was cancelled. Furthermore, the guy who does Fez is known for internet drama, which adds another layer of subtext. I laughed a lot.

:yeah:

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

DoctorWhat posted:

Because my third capture card fried itself before I could get around to recording it.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
After seeing Voidburger's recorded streams for a few 'blind' sessions with Recettear I was hoping I could find a VLP of the game that was informative or kinda high-skill. No such luck so far.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Pidmon posted:

After seeing Voidburger's recorded streams for a few 'blind' sessions with Recettear I was hoping I could find a VLP of the game that was informative or kinda high-skill. No such luck so far.
That's mostly cause it's a tedious, grindy dungeon crawler and that doesn't usually translate well to video. But there was one a goon did offsite a while ago if you want to give it a try: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QUJhiDws1c

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I made quick test video of Arx. It just the character generation and brief moment of gameplay. Please let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azxW5Yc7WMg

Nuclear Pizza
Feb 25, 2006
I'd like to request a video LP of Cannon Fodder & Cannon Fodder 2, two awesome action/strategy games from the mid-90's . If possible I'd prefer the amiga versions of the games because iirc they had better music and graphics.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

edit: nevermind

AMReese fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jul 31, 2015

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

AMReese posted:

Voidburger has also been streaming it whenever her Patreon beneficiaries vote for it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aiph3ebhXY
Yeah, she seems to mention specifically VB's streams when she asked for something more informative/high skilled.

VVVVV
My bad.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 31, 2015

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Niggurath posted:

Yeah, he seems to mention specifically VB's streams when he asked for something more informative/high skilled.

She; and thank you for the link. I got interested cause of the side discussions about pin points TheVoiceOfDog brought up in the later videos. I appreciate the pointing in the direction of a good video to watch!

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I need to pay more attention. My bad.

Edit: By the way, PiCroft, you should be posting that in the Sandcastle

AMReese fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jul 31, 2015

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
How come there aren't any LPs of the Command and Conquer Red Alert games? I only found a couple for the first game, Tiberian Sun and Renegade, but never Red Alert or even Generals.

Are they really that straightforward, you don't need an explanation?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
RTSes, particularly older ones, pose a problem for LPers in terms of how to present them in an interesting and engaging fashion.

vcvcvc12
Jun 9, 2013
If there's any chance of us getting an LP of Shin Megami Tensei IV, that would be nice to see. I like SA's LPs of those games.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

vcvcvc12 posted:

If there's any chance of us getting an LP of Shin Megami Tensei IV, that would be nice to see. I like SA's LPs of those games.
Maybe, though 3DS capture is still a relatively expensive ordeal.

HomestarCanter
Oct 21, 2008

Strong Bad,
you're a horse's twees.
I would enjoy seeing a Let's Play of The Stanley Parable and its demo, either blind, blind co-commentator, or informative. There are several ways one could present that game, really.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

HomestarCanter posted:

I would enjoy seeing a Let's Play of The Stanley Parable and its demo, either blind, blind co-commentator, or informative. There are several ways one could present that game, really.
You'd only need a commentator for the baby game really.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

HomestarCanter posted:

As a person who has not played it, does a blind playthrough work with live commentary? From what little I saw of it, it seems somewhat narrative based.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

dscruffy1 posted:

As a person who has not played it, does a blind playthrough work with live commentary? From what little I saw of it, it seems somewhat narrative based.

Live but sparse commentary, maybe. One of the best things about the Stanley Parable is the experience, so first reactions would be nice, but yes, they definitely shouldn't talk over that fantastic narrator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

SelenicMartian posted:

You'd only need a commentator for the baby game really.

Wasn't the baby game patched out?

• Locked thread