Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cool, thanks. I already bought it because £4 but haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I might pick it up too, it sounds pretty good for the price.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Is Legend of Kay Anniversary any good? Never heard of it before.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

xedo posted:

The original Legend of Kay was a rather cool action/platformer for the PS2, but it was obscure as hell. The Wii U is a remaster and, if they don't (didn't? is it already out?) gently caress it up it's going to be good. Retail seems to be selling it rather cheap, too.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Shantae Pirate's Curse and Mighty Switch Force 2 are on sale now in NA - $14.99 for Shantae, $4.49 for MSF2. Both versions.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of July 30):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Legend of Kay Anniversary - €29.99 / £19.99 (July 28)
    Just Dance 2016 (demo)
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    BADLAND: Game of the Year Edition - €11.99 / £10.79; introductory price €9.99 / £8.99 until August 13
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

Ittle Dew (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until July 30
    Squids Odyssey (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £4.99 until August 13
    Elliot Quest (Wii U eShop) - €10.99 / £8.00 from July 30-August 13
    TNT Racers (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 from July 30-August 13

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Lucky Luke & The Daltons - €29.99 / £29.99
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Picross e6 - €5.00 / £4.50
    Flick Golf 3D - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS MENU THEMES
    Hello Kitty Bundle - €3.99 / £2.84
    The Magic Unicorn - €0.99 / £0.89
    Hello Kitty & Friends - €0.99 / £0.89
    Cupido - €0.99 / £0.89
    Hello Kitty Little Princess - €0.99 / £0.89
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS) - €29.99 / £24.99 if you've downloaded the Special Demo Version, ends July 30
    Tomodachi Life (3DS) - €27.99 / £24.49 from July 30-August 6
    Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS) - €14.99 / £13.49 until July 30
    Tomodachi Life (3DS) - €27.99 / £24.49 from July 30-August 6
    Code of Princess (3DS eShop) - €14.95 / £12.49 from July 30-August 13
    Sayonara Umihara Kawase (3DS eShop) - €12.40 / £9.99 from July 30-August 13
    Fairune (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until August 13
    Parking Star 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.59 until August 13
    Squids Odyssey (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £4.99 until August 13
    AeternoBlade (3DS eShop) - €7.99 / £7.19 until August 13
    Castle Conqueror Defender (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £2.79 from July 30-August 20
    Demon King Box (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.39 from July 30-August 20
    Quell Memento (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.39 from July 30-August 20
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until August 21
    Bit Boy!! ARCADE (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 from July 30-August 27
    PUZZLEBOX setup (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 from July 30-August 27
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends September 30.

Badland is a Meat Boy-style game, yeah?

Legend of Kay is one of a hundred million b-tier PS2 platformers that noone played and noone ever expected to make a comeback, but here it is. Virt did the music, so that's gotta count for something.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
Badland plays like a flappy bird style of game, but there's a lot more mechanics involved making it closer to a puzzle game in spots. There's a good quicklook on the pc version over at giantbomb that'll give you a better idea.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Buy Umihara Kawase

Talen_Soti
Mar 30, 2010
NA eshop down for maintenance? When will this end?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Talen_Soti posted:

NA eshop down for maintenance? When will this end?

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

First result googling "eShop Maintenance"

"From Monday, July 27, 2015 3:00 PM
- Monday, July 27, 2015 7:00 PM Pacific Time"

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

jivjov posted:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

First result googling "eShop Maintenance"

"From Monday, July 27, 2015 3:00 PM
- Monday, July 27, 2015 7:00 PM Pacific Time"

You were the 6th result on "is jivjov a nintendo whore"

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Ragequit posted:

Gotta work on my search engine algorithm presence then.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ragequit posted:

I want to be, a Nintendo whore

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

who gets paid in that situation

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Awesome! posted:

who gets paid in that situation

Everyone is paid in happiness, and fun.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
IMO Nintendo is good

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its cool to think something is good and still be able to reconcile that with the idea that its not perfect

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

epitasis posted:

its cool to think something is good and still be able to reconcile that with the idea that its not perfect
but extremely boring to engage in the public discourse of said criticism

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

epitasis posted:

Well, Nintendo isn't perfect.

Come As You SARS
Jul 27, 2015
Just came back from Target and saw like 20 Jigglypuff Amiibo just staring me down with their lifeless eyes. I guess Nintendo restocked em.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
There weren't any jiggly at my Target today.

But they finally had Pac-Man back! And he's the only variety outside of the Mario characters and Diddy Kong they have.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

xedo posted:

Please consider getting it for your summer Wii U drought, it is a rather good game, though the only updates it received are graphical ones. Mechanically wise, it's a game from 2005.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Save your money for Devil's Third, the 2005-est game ever.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
posted about it in the 3DS thread, but picked up Binding of Isaac, it is pretty good, and you won't see any major bugs on your first run. After that, once you get far enough (after Mom) there are some graphical glitches, and some slight slow down, but other then two bosses seemly not having Sprites (one is the Cage), it's still totally playable though. So if you really want it, buy it, but if you want it to be perfect, wait for some patches.

I will say, since I haven't played the other versions, the music cutting out bug (which is getting fixed soon, supposedly) kind of makes the game creepier in a way. Occasional bursts of Music then dead silence while your tears splatter against walls with only the various cries of monsters to break it up is atmospheric.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Looks like three Kirby games are coming to the eShop this week for the NA region? Nintendo twitter didn't say which ones, so which are missing that are out in EU and JP?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Rirse posted:

Looks like three Kirby games are coming to the eShop this week for the NA region? Nintendo twitter didn't say which ones, so which are missing that are out in EU and JP?
I haven't seen the twitter - but we are missing two Wii games. Do those Wii games count as VC?

Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Kirby's Epic Yarn

Other games:

I think Europe got Kirby 64

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Nintendo doesn't put digital Wii games under the "Virtual Console" branding, since their functionality/features aren't the same. But the tweet doesn't actually specify VC, so the Wii games very well could be in the mix.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

Nintendo doesn't put digital Wii games under the "Virtual Console" branding, since their functionality/features aren't the same. But the tweet doesn't actually specify VC, so the Wii games very well could be in the mix.
Interesting. Well those games are options. Any DS game (Squeak Squad, Mass Attack, Canvas curse, Superstar Ultra) are also options.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
No one knows anything about when Picross e6 will be released in NA? Can't find anything about it in google either

It seems really weird that the delay between the JP and worldwide release is on a par with like, a huge fully voiced RPG or something, considering that the only text in the game is the puzzle titles and the little tutorials

If there's really a mega option for every puzzle it sounds like by far the best option since there are never enough mega picrosses

It is literally my 2nd favorite/most played 3DS game series even though it is a cheap download title.

Should I check out the DS ones by the way? The 3D one seems intriguing, though it just seems like a weird game to order as a boxed retail title.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

asvodel posted:

Should I check out the DS ones by the way? The 3D one seems intriguing, though it just seems like a weird game to order as a boxed retail title.
If you like the Picross e series, you'll love the DS Picross games. Picross DS has tons of puzzles, some of them up to 25×20 in size. Picross. Picross 3D also has tons of puzzles and presents a neat spin on the series.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Next week's JP Wii U VC games: Super Mario RPG (SFC), River City Ransom (FC).

Also worth mentioning: Freedom Planet (Wii U) has been delayed from its original release date of August 3, no new date given.

asvodel posted:

No one knows anything about when Picross e6 will be released in NA? Can't find anything about it in google either

If you like the download versions then you should absolutely grab both retail games, yeah.

The devs (Jupiter) said they were aiming for a simultaneous NA/EU release, so it may be that e6 is out in NA this week and NOA just hasn't mentioned it yet, that happens a lot.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Fritzler posted:

I haven't seen the twitter - but we are missing two Wii games. Do those Wii games count as VC?

Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Kirby's Epic Yarn

Other games:

I think Europe got Kirby 64

I hope return to dreamland is one of those because that game is h*cka expensive still and I want to play it, 20 bucks would be ok

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

deadwing posted:

I hope return to dreamland is one of those because that game is h*cka expensive still and I want to play it, 20 bucks would be ok

This, basically. It's crazy that it's still fifty bucks, especially for a Kirby game

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Cloks posted:

This, basically. It's crazy that it's still fifty bucks, especially for a Kirby game
I'm really hoping for Return to Dreamland. It looks rad. I was disappointed triple deluxe wasn't multiplayer and I've been waiting on buying Return to Dreamland since Europe got it back in like January.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

If anything, we'll probably end up getting Canvas Curse and Crystal Shards for sure.

Who knows, maybe they'll vomit up Avalanche since we haven't had a Puyo Puyo clone on the system yet.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'd really like Epic Yarn, as I have not played it.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

mabels big day posted:

I'd really like Epic Yarn, as I have not played it.

$10 at Nintendo's Refurbished site.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
The Miiverse redesign is live.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
So, I got an email from Circle Entertainment talking up Mercenaries Saga 2 and how it's doing pretty well for them and it made me do some digging: the devs on this game are a JP team called Rideon, and their previous works include the Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord? series on PSP, as well as another Circle-published eShop game called Adventure Bar Story, among other things. There's a Mercenaries Saga 3 on smartphones, too, so I imagine it'll get a port sooner or later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

It's return to dreamland, crystal shards, and squeak squad :buddy: