Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bpower
Feb 19, 2011

no_funeral posted:

just think about it: the picture is stretched, so the amount your xhair moves is stretched too, but only along one axis. the sensitivity is the same, it just appears to move farther.

your display settings have no effect on the actual sensitivity you use.

people have made m-yaw or w/e sensitivity setting guides for changing it to seem 'normal', but all that does is lowers your horizontal sens, which i wouldn't recommend. i don't recommend using 4:3 at all, unless you started playing cs on 4:3 and it seems normal. doing it just because pros do it isn't a good reason.

aren't you a euro goon? i have no idea who anybody is in this thread anymore

Thanks, I think I get it now.

Yep eurogoon, Wooster on goonman, total garbage at CS. that ringing a bell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Ixtlilton posted:

What's with all these people getting placed at reasonable ranks lately? Did you guys play other competetive FPSs before this? I got dumped straight into Silver II 7-ish months ago with my only prior experience being maybe 100 hours of 1.6 8-10 years ago and playing a couple dozen FPS games on normal.

I don't really play FPS games, Borderlands is about it. I played CS vanilla religiously back in high school. That was the game to play for any male, and in an all boy school there wasn't much else to discuss other than CS.

For me it was lowering my mouse sensitivity, figuring out recoil patterns and not holding down the fire button. Also I played every map twice before doing competitive, so I could learn the maps somewhat. But yet there are more maps I have not seen; played 4 games in my 10 games of maps I had never seen.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

bpower posted:

Thanks, I think I get it now.

Yep eurogoon, Wooster on goonman, total garbage at CS. that ringing a bell?

i have played with you once or twice, i never really remember people who don't talk excessively on mic (me, k1ng, spiros, etc) and also didn't register that you had a euro ping

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L70bnsE5hJI

A good video about head placement when holding angles. Apparently there's a console command exploiting event masks that lets you see your head positioning while in first person, which is pretty drat neat

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Basically you have left angle advantage when crouching because of this and right angle advantage when standing because of the right eye advantage. Use those wisely

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

A good video about head placement when holding angles. Apparently there's a console command exploiting event masks that lets you see your head positioning while in first person, which is pretty drat neat

crab walking with a galil? At last a technique I can master.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
So the new train is pretty poo poo, but what would everyone think about bringing back the 1.6 style traincars that you can crawl under?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Bohemian Nights posted:

Sally Forth me if I'm wrong but this seems a lot more useful than it really is. Why am I crouched while peeking a corner? I don't even think the guys head is protected in those examples and if I saw someone doing that I'd shoot them in the face through the corner and expect it to kill them.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Well for one, depending on the corner and depending on the weapon, having a solid object in front of your head could save you from that 1 shot hs and give you the quarter of a second advantage you need to win the firefight. Also hiding the maximum amount of your model regardless of crouching or not is pretty much always an advantage

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Bohemian Nights posted:

Well for one, depending on the corner and depending on the weapon, having a solid object in front of your head could save you from that 1 shot hs and give you the quarter of a second advantage you need to win the firefight. Also hiding the maximum amount of your model regardless of crouching or not is pretty much always an advantage

Right but crouch peeking, and especially crouch peeking close to a corner, work against you 100x more than that advantage.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Salt Fish posted:

Sally Forth me if I'm wrong but this seems a lot more useful than it really is. Why am I crouched while peeking a corner? I don't even think the guys head is protected in those examples and if I saw someone doing that I'd shoot them in the face through the corner and expect it to kill them.

yeah but you can get some pretty wicked damage nerfing with that over-penetration penalty. 3 AK-hs are a lot harder than 1.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Lacedaemonius posted:

So the new train is pretty poo poo, but what would everyone think about bringing back the 1.6 style traincars that you can crawl under?

thats the volcano edit which is my favorite version

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

poo poo I've been playing on 4:3 stretched to max out my fps but I guess I should switch back to native before it's too late.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Salt Fish posted:

Right but crouch peeking, and especially crouch peeking close to a corner, work against you 100x more than that advantage.

You're pretty much bang on imo, this is kinda cool but mostly irrelevant. It's pretty unusual to even buy a galil, let alone micromanage some perfect crawl peeks. You can still get hs through the corners of the walls for about 40-50 damage, so it isn't like you're invincible. I might give it a whirl if I buy a galil and rush short or something, but this is definitely in the once in a blue moon category to pull from the stratbook.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Jeza posted:

You're pretty much bang on imo, this is kinda cool but mostly irrelevant. It's pretty unusual to even buy a galil, let alone micromanage some perfect crawl peeks. You can still get hs through the corners of the walls for about 40-50 damage, so it isn't like you're invincible. I might give it a whirl if I buy a galil and rush short or something, but this is definitely in the once in a blue moon category to pull from the stratbook.

It's also really common for AWPs to hold all of those angles in long and mid. Seems like it's something nice to keep in mind but that's about it.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Jeza posted:

I think the guy misrepresents the use in the video, as it would be great not for peeking, but holding angles and corners, idk why he focused so heavily on the galil in his demo. Using the trick to M4A1 or AWP, esp. at long distance could be incredibly useful.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I warmed up by playing a bunch of retakes today instead of just DM and then top-fragged by quite a bit in both my MM games afterward. Retakes isn't as good as the real deal but I'm gonna keep playing that instead of deathmatch when I want to drop in, at least it's a somewhat high pressure situation and more closely resembles real game scenarios.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

retakes is impressive in how many people play it and will still bait the gently caress out of you and take too long to get into site to defuse despite there being no consequences to dying at all

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
LUMINOSITY SIGN EX-KEYD STARS, READY TO ATTEND COLOGNE!

hee hee

With these changes, the current CS:GO lineup of Lex, anger, ptr, pyth, and devilwalk will now be going under the name of Mythic ahead of their own attempts to qualify for ESL One Cologne in the North American offline qualifier this upcoming weekend in Burbank, California. The LG management is in talks with other organizations and companies actively trying to find them a new home.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

trying to jack off posted:

retakes is impressive in how many people play it and will still bait the gently caress out of you and take too long to get into site to defuse despite there being no consequences to dying at all

35 second timer is a whole different world.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

LUMINOSITY SIGN EX-KEYD STARS, READY TO ATTEND COLOGNE!

hee hee

With these changes, the current CS:GO lineup of Lex, anger, ptr, pyth, and devilwalk will now be going under the name of Mythic ahead of their own attempts to qualify for ESL One Cologne in the North American offline qualifier this upcoming weekend in Burbank, California. The LG management is in talks with other organizations and companies actively trying to find them a new home.

:lol:

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I wish i had time to practice my aim everyday, seems like I suck after coming back from even a week long break.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Pookum posted:

I wish i had time to practice my aim everyday, seems like I suck after coming back from even a week long break.

Take heed men, not all of us have the opportunities to counter that strike

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Pookum posted:

This is basically me. My work schedule has ramped up in the past few months and I don't get nearly as much free time to improve my game like I used to, so I think I'm going to be right where I'm at for the foreseeable future, which sucks because I'm terrible.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

sants posted:

just gotta shoot mans with awp

I have two friends now that were like mge players late last year and are globals now so lol it seems like a lot of people are climbing up with the ban waves

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Akumos posted:

I have two friends

That's sort of hard to believe

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ive found i do a bit better after long breaks

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

Turk February posted:

This is basically me. My work schedule has ramped up in the past few months and I don't get nearly as much free time to improve my game like I used to, so I think I'm going to be right where I'm at for the foreseeable future, which sucks because I'm terrible.

yeah it sucks man. gamer feels

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

ArfJason posted:

ive found i do a bit better after long breaks

Sometimes you need to step away from the game to give your brain some time to process everything and you can comeback and see the improvement.

honestly i think im making my aim worse by using the P90 almost exclusively in MM lately. Im only a gold nova 2 so I can wreck poo poo but when i try to use the AK or M4 now I cant headshot. its agrravating

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Every MM team should have a dedicated P90er because it tilts the enemy team so hard

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Smol posted:

Every MM team should have a dedicated P90er because it tilts the enemy team so hard

Use any non-pistol weapon that's not in the AK/M4/AWP trifecta and do well with it for the exact same results.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Akumos posted:

some words while pretending no one will notice me and that I'm accepted here

Why the gently caress did you even re-register? You have enough bans and probies that I don't think any forum on SA wants you.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
One of the two friends is his alt account.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
akumos you need to take a lesson from infamous cheater lance armstrong and develop stage 2 testicle cancer

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
5q'd with king and xc and some randos and got my eagle :toot:

now i'm a real counterer-strikemans, right?

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

SealHammer posted:

No due to hackers you have to win a major to because that's the new nova 7

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Anyone do the Windows 10 upgrade and try out CS yet?

e:

SealHammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giyMDZRSkgI

Kwilty fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 29, 2015

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Nevermind Win 10.

:siren:AMD released a new driver.:siren:

From the release notes..

Performance Optimizations
Counter-Strike®: Global Offensive – Profile change to reduce Flip Queue Size – improves the latest positional information from keyboard and mouse.

Have you been secretly amazing at the game along? Download to find out!

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

SealHammer posted:

Congratulations on your white belt! Now you can finally begin learning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

bpower posted:

Nevermind Win 10.

:siren:AMD released a new driver.:siren:

From the release notes..

Performance Optimizations
Counter-Strike®: Global Offensive – Profile change to reduce Flip Queue Size – improves the latest positional information from keyboard and mouse.

Holy gently caress, I thought you were kidding, but nope. That's a driver update with CSGO optimizations listed in it. What the gently caress, AMD?

• Locked thread