Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I've devoted my life to a 15 year old video game and now it's all for nothing! :downsbravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Shambles posted:

Betrayed? You feel betrayed by a games company? Are you serious? Hyperbole much? Jesus get a grip

:ssh:

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
On the test server, I was leveling in The Hole when some pubbie ran a small train to me to "test" if I was afk or not, then proceeded to tell me that he hates afk people.

Then he sat in a corner and watched me.

Game is still as cool as ever.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Unless it was completely blatant and in the way of where/what I was pulling or a quest mob/named I usually never trained AFKers on test. There were a few exceptions, including training goons that were afking in dumbass spots. :ssh:

Plenty of places to hide/macroquest though.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Stefan Prodan posted:

Source your quotes

official forums, that should have been obvious. The neckbeards on there are gold.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
The whole thing is funny because 2 weeks ago TL made deals with the other guilds. They weren't going to mobilize against them on certain targets. Then forced rotations get put into place. And who is the delegates of the rotation? The absolute worst people on the server Breeze, leader of ROE and Dojii leader of FP.

Toxn split like ALL his bots from TL and is now trying to muscle into the rotation through an "alt guild."

catrkoraz
Sep 9, 2006
Everquest is serious business. Serious business.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I was solicited to join RoE a few days ago so I figured "what the hell" and signed up. It was pretty depressing the first couple days but when word of forced rotations came up I decided to stick around. Lo and behold we killed post-buff Innoruuk tonight and are scheduled to take a crack at CT tomorrow. Not only are we raiding properly now we're pissing all kinds of people off by apparently being unworthy of our place on the rotation. And we probably were! But that's awesome because now a bunch of nerds are upset.

Funny thing about Innoruuk. His spawn window began at 3:20am Pacific and the window lasts for 16 hours. He spawned at 7:20pm on the dot. People were so drat impatient when he finally spawned we jumped the gun before we were ready and wiped at 12%. But we took our sweet rear end time to recover and beat him the second try.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I really want to play on ragefire but really can't feel assed to do it until Velious, and relive my ranger's rise to usefulness. :smith:

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004
Have you had your gin today?

Republicans posted:

I was solicited to join RoE a few days ago so I figured "what the hell" and signed up. It was pretty depressing the first couple days but when word of forced rotations came up I decided to stick around. Lo and behold we killed post-buff Innoruuk tonight and are scheduled to take a crack at CT tomorrow. Not only are we raiding properly now we're pissing all kinds of people off by apparently being unworthy of our place on the rotation. And we probably were! But that's awesome because now a bunch of nerds are upset.

Funny thing about Innoruuk. His spawn window began at 3:20am Pacific and the window lasts for 16 hours. He spawned at 7:20pm on the dot. People were so drat impatient when he finally spawned we jumped the gun before we were ready and wiped at 12%. But we took our sweet rear end time to recover and beat him the second try.

The TL salt on the main forums is legendary.

What a pack of clowns.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I don't play much any more and I'm in TL. Besides the saltiness they have a point though.

We didn't magically get dragons to spawn or muscle around more than other guilds. We had rules that if you didn't follow you'd be made fun of or kicked out. Like setting strategic binds, using permafrost gate potions, giving thousands of plat to wizards for sky/hate stones.

So if a dragon spawned we mobilized and killed it. All the while scrubs would call TL hackers and all kinds of names, why? Because we killed dragons first? Because everyone else was too stupid to do those things ?

It's easy to get defensive when people get mad you're playing the game correctly. Some of the guilds in rotation couldn't even kill prebuff bee queen. It's just stupid they have any right to the same amount of gear, while cutting the amount actual good guilds get.

I mean that makes me an elitist I guess, but that's how classic is. I'm 100% for instance raid, so I hear the plight of giving people the opportunity to put in work and get the gear through their own timeline. But it was never gonna be that.

TL was set up to be an elite classic raiding guild while most other guilds just begged devs to let them have loot. Yet throughout RF lifetime TL was the bad guys.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jul 29, 2015

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004
Have you had your gin today?
I think it was more the pushing people out of spawns with their mage bot armies, stealing mobs while leveling up, and all around bad-natured shittyness that gave TL such a bad name. No one is really arguing (at least not with any sort of logic) that TL is bad at raiding or had some sort of unearned advantage.

TL has a lot of lovely people, who don't care about what sort of name that leaves their guild. Take that in to account since RF's launch, and you have the catalyst for everyone getting on board with something TL doesn't agree with.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The top guild on any progression server is always the same. They know they have the most powerful players/force on the server, so they just act like dicks and do whatever they want. Kill steal, train, being assholes, etc. I'm sure TL is the same.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Well I'm not going to defend that behavior cuz I know it happened, but I also know a lot of people were doing it, not just TL. TL got more than their fair share of bad behavior attributed to them. Where as people think other guilds are angels, when they don't see them sit in fear or hate with 70 people for literally days at a time. Claiming everything that spawns is theirs. Then they get mad when TL kills dragons lol

It's not just the top guild doing it but the top guild gets attributed to anything bad happening on the server. So people come out of the woodwork pointing and laughing thinking TL got some comeuppance.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jul 29, 2015

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Being hated for killing all the dragons and having all the loot is just the consequence of getting to kill all the dragons and have all the loot. At the end of the day everyone on the server wants to kill those dragons and get that loot

The nice thing about rotations is that it cuts down on having to camp things. I was in a raiding guild in wow back in vanilla that killed around 2/3rds of the world bosses on mal'ganis, a few of us had alts sitting near the spawn points and we would organize via a phone tree when something popped. It was fun but the camping got a little old and people hated us

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Yeah that's true ha-ha. I think rotations don't really fix the broken system in that there isn't enough loot to go around regardless. How many people can get their epic in the first expansion? Maybe a couple hundred.

A huge majority of the server will never get them when they're relevant. People think rotation will fix it but it won't.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
A rotation is also only as good as the people enforcing it. So we'll see how serious people are soon enough.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I haven't kept up with all the drama - what happened to the progression servers being the wild wild west no rules FFA thing?

Irrational Man
Aug 10, 2004
No box progression server in the works, tenative eta: sometime this winter. get pumped

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

darkhand posted:

Yeah that's true ha-ha. I think rotations don't really fix the broken system in that there isn't enough loot to go around regardless. How many people can get their epic in the first expansion? Maybe a couple hundred.

A huge majority of the server will never get them when they're relevant. People think rotation will fix it but it won't.

That's pretty much EQ as it happened though. Most people didn't get their epic in kunark, or even velious. I don't know that that's a dispositive standard, maybe a progression server in 2015 should allow more people to get a taste, I dunno I'm pretty agnostic on that point. I don't get why anyone is surprised at all at this point. This is the third time down this road, current end game content was monopolized the last two times around and mechanics went changed.

Irrational Man posted:

No box progression server in the works, tenative eta: sometime this winter. get pumped

For real? Kinda curious how that will even work or be enforced.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

We got CT down to 15% tonight before he went FFA and TL came in and killed him. Oh well, good practice. Hopefully our leadership will tighten things up before we try again because everything just took way too long to do.

xZAOx posted:

I haven't kept up with all the drama - what happened to the progression servers being the wild wild west no rules FFA thing?

That lead to one giant megaguild making GBS threads on everyone so that stopped.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 30, 2015

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Republicans posted:

That lead to one giant megaguild making GBS threads on everyone so that stopped.

Did they not think that was exactly what would happen? Hah. Oh well.

Irrational Man
Aug 10, 2004

Kazak_Hstan posted:

That's pretty much EQ as it happened though. Most people didn't get their epic in kunark, or even velious. I don't know that that's a dispositive standard, maybe a progression server in 2015 should allow more people to get a taste, I dunno I'm pretty agnostic on that point. I don't get why anyone is surprised at all at this point. This is the third time down this road, current end game content was monopolized the last two times around and mechanics went changed.

For real? Kinda curious how that will even work or be enforced.

I'm not sure, about a million people have already mentioned ip proxies and mac address emulators, etc so daybreak has to be aware of that and have some kind of plan-- then again its daybreak so maybe not :iiam:

but excessive boxing and the character power imbalances are the two biggest problems imo, if they could tone down pets and monk fists, a no-boxing server (if it works) sounds awesome

although it really kind of irks me that they decided to rebalance the entire end game around primarily mages than simply nerf them, so I'm guessing they really don't want to tone them down. And while its true that having strong bosses in vanilla now does properly capture the end game feel of classic better because of player knowledge and power creep, it still only reinforced mages as being the backbone of a raid group rather than displace them

Irrational Man fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 30, 2015

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Irrational Man posted:

I'm not sure, about a million people have already mentioned ip proxies and mac address emulators, etc so daybreak has to be aware of that and have some kind of plan-- then again its daybreak so maybe not :iiam:

The high level bans that h1z1 was using were being a huge pain in the rear end for cheaters a few months back. I haven't checked up to see if it's been cracked yet, but it wasn't something as simple as IP or MAC tracking.

Multiple PCs and VPNs will work fine. But I wouldn't count on VMs and changing MACs.

Irrational Man posted:

although it really kind of irks me that they decided to rebalance the entire end game around primarily mages than simply nerf them, so I'm guessing they really don't want to tone them down. And while its true that having strong bosses in vanilla now does properly capture the end game feel of classic better because of player knowledge and power creep, it still only reinforced mages as being the backbone of a raid group rather than displace them
:soe:
they bad.

Clearly they're making enough off TLPs that they can afford to contract an ex-eq dev and coder, or swap a couple over to instance all the pre-PoTime raids.

Shambles
Dec 8, 2003

Irrational Man posted:

Absolutely. Buffed overseer of Air now doubles for 2250, and realistically you'll need a 25+ pet wall to take him down - he single rounds most classes, its mental

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Mayor McCheese posted:

On the test server, I was leveling in The Hole when some pubbie ran a small train to me to "test" if I was afk or not, then proceeded to tell me that he hates afk people.

Then he sat in a corner and watched me.

Game is still as cool as ever.

:stare:

Wow. That guy has some mental issues.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

People on test are insane. Like they will streamline their power leveling, and anyone in the way will get trained. But then they just sit in guildlobby forever or make a new alt and do the same thing, never actually playing.

I hoped on test last week to hang out with my friend, and he was saying a necro was LFG for hours. So he invites him and does some HAs and the necro afks the whole time.

It makes me mad when people "play" this game but never actually play. Like why even login at all.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 31, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That's EQ for ya.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

RCarr posted:

That's EQ for ya.

I got my enchanter to 105 in a rather non-Test way; I did no boxing, though I was PLd a bit at the early levels. I was fortunate to have an active guild most of that time, so it was actually feasible. I have 8 different classes with 1.0s (3 with 2.0s) and I am rather tempted to have a go at some of the other ones. I've always had a desire to try my hand at the mage 1.0 even though I don't really like the class that much and Quillmane would probably drive me loopy.

Zombones
Oct 17, 2004
Any of yall goons have some Krono for sale?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
That's three forum accounts banned. I'm out of any more. The ban message says it was a forums guideline violation, and to contact the daybreak communications staff, but it doesn't say what the violation is, or how to contact the "communications staff."

I wonder if the violation might have been me posting this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKnCeeAW48

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Node posted:

That's three forum accounts banned. I'm out of any more. The ban message says it was a forums guideline violation, and to contact the daybreak communications staff, but it doesn't say what the violation is, or how to contact the "communications staff."

I wonder if the violation might have been me posting this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKnCeeAW48

Shouldn't post in the TLP area.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

Shouldn't post in the TLP area.

It was only two. That video, and calling some guy dumb.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

You're doing God's work.

Reading the forums really is like watching that video over and over again with every post, maybe it won't be complete poo poo this time and yet... it always is.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

darkhand posted:

You're doing God's work.

Reading the forums really is like watching that video over and over again with every post, maybe it won't be complete poo poo this time and yet... it always is.

it always is

I know if i read or post in the TLP forums, I'm going to get banned. I considered myself a shitposter in the vet lounge, but there's no way I can respond to the weaponized stupidity in the TLP area in a way that won't lead to a ban.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

it always is

I know if i read or post in the TLP forums, I'm going to get banned. I considered myself a shitposter in the vet lounge, but there's no way I can respond to the weaponized stupidity in the TLP area in a way that won't lead to a ban.

Check my post history and see which post, if either, remains. I'm guessing the youtube video post is gone which would mean that is what made them do it.

It's obnoxiously loud, the image of Roshen or RadarX sitting in their cubicle and all of a sudden everyone in the office hears PFFRWWWWRRRRBBBTTTTBTBTBBBBBBBBTTTTTTTTTTTBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB makes me giggle.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Node posted:

It's obnoxiously loud, the image of Roshen or RadarX sitting in their cubicle and all of a sudden everyone in the office hears PFFRWWWWRRRRBBBTTTTBTBTBBBBBBBBTTTTTTTTTTTBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB makes me giggle.

Your post/av combo made me laugh more than I should have.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Node posted:

Check my post history and see which post, if either, remains. I'm guessing the youtube video post is gone which would mean that is what made them do it.

EverQuest Forums - Error
This user's profile is not available.

#rekt

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Just read the July 22 patch notes:

quote:

Damage shield damage is now considered magical non-melee damage; this means that melee guard and melee threshold guard spell effects will no longer negate damage shield damage. Rune, spell guard, spell threshold guard, and spells that allow you to absorb damage as mana will continue to block damage shield damage.
Has anyone tested whether this makes damage shield power levelling (high level does 99% of the damage to a swarm of mobs via damage shields) impossible?

Edit: Guess not :downs:

quote:

Damage assignment has not changed; damage from damage shields is still not assigned to an owner.

Pilsner fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Aug 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Our turn for Inny in the rotation popped at 1:18 in the loving morning. We cobbled together about 60 people then botched the first pull. Instead of trying again a bunch of us said "this is loving stupid" and went back to bed, leaving TL and Apok to fight over him.

I wonder what the rotation on Lockjaw is like. I don't much care for waiting an extra three months for kunark but this 3 hour window after spawn poo poo is for the birds.