Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

Thronde posted:

If I want to do massive burst damage to just melt things as fast as possible I should build Luck? I'm confused by all these loving stats
Build luck and strength, yes.

There seems to still be some disagreement as to whether luck or strength is more important but it doesn't really matter since you can and should get both anyway.

Spirit and valour are okay - they have the same overall effect on your damage on paper - but spirit only really works for some classes, and valour is better against certain types of enemies/fights. Strength and Luck don't have those issues.

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Thronde posted:

If I want to do massive burst damage to just melt things as fast as possible I should build Luck? I'm confused by all these loving stats

Yes. Luck (accompanied by Crit. Chance) is the best stat for both burst and sustained damage, for all classes. If you want to occasionally see even bigger numbers, go STR/Luck, Crushing Blow > Crit. Chance > Accuracy. Crushing Blow only comes from chapels, so only worry about the other two as far as rings go.

If you want to blow poo poo up by consistently doing good damage at the start of a fight, go Valor/Luck, Crit. Chance > Temper.

If you want to see the biggest numbers, go Spirit/Luck, Crit. Chance > Discharge Activation. But this is not good for most classes as the skills that use impulse charges tend to be fairly limited.

Clairetic posted:

Spirit and valour are okay - they have the same overall effect on your damage on paper - but spirit only really works for some classes, and valour is only good against certain enemies. Strength and Luck don't have those issues.

Mathematically speaking, Valor and Strength are about the same. Crushing Blow pushes Strength ahead, but not by much. The reason for this is how Accuracy and Temper are capped. The Accuracy cap is 100%, but each rank of Ultimate Strength counts as 10% towards that cap. Whereas Mobilization is separate from Temper, so you can get 50% temper but +110% to bonus damage.

Strength still comes out ahead, but the STR and Valor DoT symbols should remedy this. The STR symbol will be better (140% v. 100%) but the Valor symbol's higher uptime will easily compensate for this and more.

Valor is more controllable, so to speak, but you also have to consider how it affects certain classes. Archer for instance gets lots of bonuses to attacking enemies out of combat and above 50% HP, so Valor adds to their burst. While soloing, that burst is high enough that if you time it correctly, Valor will almost always be better. But then there's Gunner, which gets a buff tailored towards distortions that greatly benefits from strength.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jul 29, 2015

Titus Vespasian
Jan 31, 2015

"The body of a dead enemy always smells sweet."
With my gunner, under my health bar are two other bars. The left one I guess is weapon heat build up. What is the right one?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Missiles.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I'm stacking spirit/luck and impulse activation on my alchemist to get huge numbers off of his damage combo with impulse at its pretty good. When waiting for impulse to recharge I get 8 stacks again, lets goo blobs go, shield allies etc then let off another impulse special attack. Seems to work well but haven't theory crafted anything.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Impulse builds are pretty good for both supports and Paladin. And you can always switch later if you start to dislike them. The main issue is most other classes benefit far more from other builds, so if you plan on playing those you may want to go for a more universal build.

Anyway, to anybody who is or was going for Monk: the issue with the main ST Fire combo having problems with collision mechanics is fixed in the catch-up system/new grouping mechanics patch. This is pretty much the only fix Monk needed to not be poo poo in groups, so rejoice. There are some other fixes and buffs too, but my favorite is that the talent which has a chance to refresh the cooldown on the Monk's execute is now a 100% chance, meaning Monks can execute everything all the time.

In this same patch, Cryomancer gets significant buffs to numerous skills, Slayer gets nerfed and most other classes get some handy fixes.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Thoughts on the Violence chapel for Necromancer?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Speaking of executes, does the game tell you anywhere what exactly the details of your execute are?

Vaguely related, is there any way to get the details of whatever buffs you have at any given time?

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

ChickenWing posted:

Speaking of executes, does the game tell you anywhere what exactly the details of your execute are?

Vaguely related, is there any way to get the details of whatever buffs you have at any given time?

1. no

2. no

3. documentation is frowned upon in this game

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
It used to, and they were added back into the ability screen in the Russian version. They are not explained in the current build, as far as I know.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

lewtt posted:

1. no

2. no

3. documentation is frowned upon in this game

god dammit

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Are there any special executes besides kinetic/necro? Those are the only two I know of (kinetic resets cooldown and lets you use hamsterball twice in a row, necro lets you dump corpses from the sky or something)

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Dosvidanya posted:

Are there any special executes besides kinetic/necro? Those are the only two I know of (kinetic resets cooldown and lets you use hamsterball twice in a row, necro lets you dump corpses from the sky or something)

You can spec the Paladin to have their execute restore like half of their Righteous Anger.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Raiding with an Alchemist

The alchemist in your party is dropping random colours of acid everywhere and making it look like Woodstock. It's okay - don't panic! Here's a handy guide.

I HAVE A FLASK ICON ON MY BAR
You are being granted a passive aura by the alchemist. It boosts your major stats and HP. If you stray too far from the alchemist, you will lose the buff.

I HAVE AN IV DRIP COMING OUT MY BACK
You are being granted a big damage buff. When the drip runs out, so does the buff. Use your heavy-hitting skills now.

THERE IS A WEIRD TERMINAL WITH TEST TUBES AND I HAVE A USE PROMPT
If you use the terminal, you gain four seconds of invuln. The terminal only lasts a short time, so use it or lose it. After using the terminal, you'll gain a debuff that prevents you from using it again for one minute.

THERE IS NO WEIRD TERMINAL TO BE SEEN BUT I STILL HAVE A USE PROMPT
The alchemist has slotted the talent that allows their terminal to be used at range. This is good. Follow instructions above.

I HAVE A PROMPT TELLING ME TO TRANSFORM
The alchemist is using Massive Transformation, which allows the whole party to turn into punchmonsters. You lose your skills for the duration, but gain a massive damage buff and get to punch the boss to death. It's up to you. You can drop the transform at any time if you think you're going to die.

THE ALCHEMIST IS SOARING THROUGH THE AIR GIVING EVERYONE A GOLDEN SHOWER
You are being healed. Stand under the alchemist and their piss will heal you. After being healed this way, you grow sick at the smell of urine and can't be healed by the same skill for five minutes.

THE ALCHEMIST SPUN AROUND ON THE GROUND ONCE AND SPRAYED EVERYONE WITH PISS, BUT DID NOT FLY
Big damage buff for everyone. Attack!

Raiding as an Alchemist

You have two buffs you must keep up on the right targets:
1) Your shield goes on the tank when the tank's shield runs out.
2) Your Stimulant Injector (the skill with the pill-like icon) goes on the burstiest or most damaging DPS in your party.

The second one should be used on cooldown unless you have Energy Shower (your group DPS buff) coming up very soon and you want to compound it.

(feel free to steal for OP. there are so few competent alch players that nobody knows what to do when grouped with one)

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Alchemist is a cool class and the primary reason I bought the CE.

The other reason is that I'm dumb and wanted to spend 60 bucks on a F2P.

Edit: AmEx just gave me (and some of my friends :psyduck:) a call about a suspicious charge on my account. drat Russians.

SettingSun fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 29, 2015

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Dosvidanya posted:

Most restore resources. Berserker can be talented to restore more resources and make you CC immune for 5 seconds.

Slayer execute cloaks you for a few seconds, which can add a poo poo ton of damage. Monk makes you invulnerable for a few seconds. Warlock can be talented to reduce the current cooldown of a number of their skills by half.

Can't remember if the others get anything special, besides the resource thing.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Lightbinder gives a buff that adds damage to your next nuke spell.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Necro one gives you charges for that meteor move.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Alch can be talented to make the next cast free, with 15% chance to make two casts free instead.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Dosvidanya posted:

Hy_C posted:

Necro one gives you charges for that meteor move.

You know I can't speak for the kinetic one but the necro one is dead loving wrong.

You get a corpse drop ONLY if you kill a target that has plague applied. You can see the charge added in not only a context attack with 'E' but also if you see a guy die with the plague effect then he gets absorbed into the plague storm cloud in the sky. Which is why the attack comes back down from the sky.

I don't want to see people that don't even have the loving class unlocked to be giving protips/advice/information on the said loving class. Scumbag HyC.

All character's executes have a special name to them and you can see some added effects that are given from talents. Such as a Paladin talent giving extra righteous anger for executes and Necromancer talent giving increased critical chance and damage of plague for the execute.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Has anyone installed windows 10? Does it cause any issues for the game?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I only briefly ran it to do some Adept missions, but it worked.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

walruscat posted:

Has anyone installed windows 10? Does it cause any issues for the game?

Was wondering this as well. I am still waiting for my wave to be released :\

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Obscurity posted:

Was wondering this as well. I am still waiting for my wave to be released :\

You can force it if you want.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

That's good enough. Thanks.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

None that I'm aware off. First thing I did when I came back home in mid july was install the test client and this game has never given me issues other than dropping to 35fps when I'm at the observatory near the world hologram, think that's more of the games issue.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
I'm simultaneously glad and sad they're going to nerf reflect shields. That poo poo is super fun but super broken.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Melanion posted:

I'm simultaneously glad and sad they're going to nerf reflect shields. That poo poo is super fun but super broken.

Where did you see this? None of the patches we're getting mention anything about this nerf.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 29, 2015

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Aphrodite posted:

You can force it if you want.

How?

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Just go here and make an installation USB stick or ISO:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, the USB method is better. I kept having Windows Update fail trying it that way.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Don't have a USB stick guess I'll wait.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

You can make an ISO and burn it to a DVD.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

walruscat posted:

You can make an ISO and burn it to a DVD.

Don't have any blank DVDs either! :)

It's fine, I'd rather it just install straight to my computer anyways. I don't like having extra poo poo laying around for software and the like.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

You know I can't speak for the kinetic one but the necro one is dead loving wrong.

You get a corpse drop ONLY if you kill a target that has plague applied. You can see the charge added in not only a context attack with 'E' but also if you see a guy die with the plague effect then he gets absorbed into the plague storm cloud in the sky. Which is why the attack comes back down from the sky.

I don't want to see people that don't even have the loving class unlocked to be giving protips/advice/information on the said loving class. Scumbag HyC.

All character's executes have a special name to them and you can see some added effects that are given from talents. Such as a Paladin talent giving extra righteous anger for executes and Necromancer talent giving increased critical chance and damage of plague for the execute.

yeah so you press e and the meteor drops

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am

Liberatore posted:

Where did you see this? None of the patches we're getting mention anything about this nerf.

Somebody said it in pantheon chat earlier. Nobody lies on the internet right?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Knight reflect is like 15% on the Russian servers as opposed to the 25% we have on US. That's where they are getting the reflect nerf from.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Oh, I thought that was in reference to the Alchemist reflect, which is much better.

I couldn't find anything about Knight's reflect getting nerfed in recent patches either, though.

Edit: Yep, no mention of a single Knight nerf between the first major patch (god form/distortions/invasions) and all patches since. In CBT, Barrier II got nerfed but we already have those changes.

Edit 2: Nevermind, Barrier II's maximum damage does get nerfed in the first major patch, from 15% to 12%. In return, you can temporarily double its damage absorption and reflection.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jul 30, 2015

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Whelp, still going for knight cause that reflect thing is also awesome for its damage absorb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Yeah actually you're the one who's wrong Mr.Drinks outta fists. The corpse drop thing happens when you execute and when the guy dies with the plague dot on.

Fun fact; when you execute something with the plague dot, you get two corpse drop charges. However when you use it once it consumes both charges.

• Locked thread