Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-

:stare:

I'm hoping the LP's will put that into context, though I am vaguely aware everyone hates that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Blockhouse posted:

judging by his earlier tweet it sounds like they just want him to come out on stage and he really doesn't want to

also to be fair to Pat, RE3 is legit hard

Most of the comedy for me has come from Pat saying the absolute perfect thing right before he gets killed (basically the entirety of the first Nemesis fight).

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I`m still a podcast behind and goddamnit, Pat doesn't understand the basic concept of sports. It's amazing. Holy poo poo.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
An LP I wish would happen but never will is Chrono Cross. I want to see Pat rage. :kheldragar:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Warren posted:

Now that time has long since passed and I still know jack poo poo about it, are the Walking Dead LP's worth watching/listening to in the background?

The first one is excellent because the game is good and the commentary is great. The second one is just as good because the game is a poorly written load of old poo poo and Matt & Pat respond accordingly. Also, the outrage from idiots at the LP of the second game was utterly hilarious. I wont tell you what caused it because it's a huge spoiler, but oh my god. So good.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Big Scary Owl posted:

An LP I wish would happen but never will is Chrono Cross. I want to see Pat rage. :kheldragar:

They could always save scum it like FF8

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

The first one is excellent because the game is good and the commentary is great. The second one is just as good because the game is a poorly written load of old poo poo and Matt & Pat respond accordingly. Also, the outrage from idiots at the LP of the second game was utterly hilarious. I wont tell you what caused it because it's a huge spoiler, but oh my god. So good.

They're both worth it just for the constant burning hatred for Kenny from start to finish. To the point that there was enough material for 2 hour long compilations of just their hate for him ( here and here. )

For the guy that originally asked the question, the games are mostly standalone from the comics/show (other than a few cameos) so you aren't going to be lost if you know nothing about them. I haven't kept track of either in years but it was still a great LP to watch.

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 29, 2015

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
To be fair, hating Kenny is really the only rational option for that series.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
enjoying TWD2 depends highly on how much you think hating Kenny and them being hypocrites is funny

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

pulp rag posted:

To be fair, hating Kenny is really the only rational option for that series.

True, that's part of why it's my favorite aspect of the whole thing.

Blockhouse posted:

enjoying TWD2 depends highly on how much you think hating Kenny and them being hypocrites is funny

I guess it's been too long since I watched because I really don't remember what the big thing about them being hypocrites was?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Blockhouse posted:

gently caress kenny

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

TWD 2 was also where telltale's formula for storytelling started to get really transparent, and it became really obvious that your choices didn't matter.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I still haven't played Season 2 Episode 5 because the way Episode 4 ended put me off so drastically.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
The TWD Season 2 lp winds up dragging a bit because they bear down on the Kenny hate, which is respectable, but they wind up passing up the chance to comment on how busted and poorly-written the rest of the plot is in the process. It's not bad but it's not as good as the first playthrough.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

RIP AND TEAR, RIP AND TEAR

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
yesssssssss!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
pat exposed himself as a total scrub who doesnt know doom nearly as much as he pretends to :colbert:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Kimmalah posted:

They're both worth it just for the constant burning hatred for Kenny from start to finish. To the point that there was enough material for 2 hour long compilations of just their hate for him ( here and here. )

For the guy that originally asked the question, the games are mostly standalone from the comics/show (other than a few cameos) so you aren't going to be lost if you know nothing about them. I haven't kept track of either in years but it was still a great LP to watch.

Oh wow, I forgot just how much Kenny hate there is in Season 2 before he even shows up. Amazing.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

hoobajoo posted:

Oh wow, I forgot just how much Kenny hate there is in Season 2 before he even shows up. Amazing.

"The Boatmaster Extreme will return" is my favorite line in that whole playthrough

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

pat exposed himself as a total scrub who doesnt know doom nearly as much as he pretends to :colbert:

At least he was having fun,Matt spent most of the video bitching about the mod.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

VolticSurge posted:

That's a reach. I thought he spent most of the video going "THATS RADICAL" whenever anything radical would happen.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Commissar Ken posted:

That's a reach. I thought he spent most of the video going "THATS RADICAL" whenever anything radical would happen.

There was bitching about ironsights,the pistol replacement,the twin guns, the free-aim...

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

VolticSurge posted:

They both seemed to be having a good time mostly. And mostly it didn't seem to me that Matt was complaining so much as just saying "What, they put that in?" a few times. Which you would expect from somebody who isn't familiar with the mod. But at least Matt did change it up a bit instead of complaining about having vertical aim over and over and over.

Anyway here's Woolie at a steak eating contest.

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 30, 2015

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

VolticSurge posted:

There was bitching about ironsights,the pistol replacement,the twin guns, the free-aim...

now now, pat bitched about the free-aim more than matt

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Kimmalah posted:

Anyway here's Woolie at a steak eating contest.

Needs more dreads and Reboot pins.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

"The Boatmaster Extreme will return" is my favorite line in that whole playthrough

Mine is "The gleam of madness is boat-shaped."

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TWD Season 2 is bad because Kenny is right about literally everything. Literally everything. He's a morally gray character but everything he does that can be seen as bad ends up as "look he was right about x all along"

You're only other option is Jane who is also terrible for a number of other reasons and winds up being a pretty terrible person.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Literally no one cares about you being pissy at that LP because they don't like the funny moustache man.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Beef Chief posted:

Literally no one cares about you being pissy at that LP because they don't like the funny moustache man.

I hate both of them so I'm not sure what you're getting at unless that wasn't directed at me in which case oops

Edit: Why is this thread so angry suddenly

I love all of you

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 30, 2015

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Beef Chief posted:

I think it's a rule of discussing anything involving the Walking Dead that someone has to defend the unlikeable rear end in a top hat character because "they're the ones that would totally survive if this was a real zombie apocalypse!" Way way back when I still gave a poo poo about the show it happened at least once every season.

And the Walking Dead LPs were really good so you're also wrong about that.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
who is defending kenny

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Blockhouse posted:

who is defending kenny

I think he's the lesser of two evils due to him being right about literally everything but his writing in season 2 as was everyone elses was complete poo poo.

And the LP for season 2 was bad. I mean when the guys who did the game apologize for it being bad you don't have to go "No guys it was secretly really good." or try to use "u jus like kenny' as a scapegoat.

Seriously though why is this still being talked about

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well I mean, people started talking about Doom, then you felt the need to talk about Kenny being right or something so that sort of gummed up people not talking about it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

People were still talking about stuff though and I wasn't really wrong :confused:

Like I'll drop it but it's not like I was digging up the corpse of a conversation or something.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just shut up

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I love you :shobon:

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Kimmalah posted:

I guess it's been too long since I watched because I really don't remember what the big thing about them being hypocrites was?

The beginning of Episode 3 is pretty good for this.

"I don't trust this guy he's been drinking the kool aid"

Kenny: Man I don't trust this guy he's been drinking some kool aid Clem

"OH OF COURSE YOU WOULDN'T TRUST HIM KENNY YOU gently caress"

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Man, after watching the Brutal DOOM video, I wanna get back to playing Wolfenstein: The New Order. The enemies in that game are juicy as hell. Light them up with double MG and watch them splatter like trash bags filled with beef stew.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Matt's twitter has some awesome rear end banner art. Really hoping we get to see it during Russlemania 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

F'r instance, you could mouselook in the original. Everything still autoaimed a bit but you at least had some more control over who the autoaim was favoring. Always felt super gank though. My dreams were shattered when Pat didn't strafe run. Also it would have been cool if he'd got the middle finger button working, that would have been a slam dunk with Pat.

DOS games though!!! Yessssss!

Edit: Mouse control in Doom was the loving weirdest, it was like you were standing on a segway.

DPM fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jul 30, 2015