Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Segmentation Fault posted:

Actually yeah you're right. In any case there's several Americans on the roster; Aura, Sawbonez, Bushwhacker, Fragger?...

Isn't Bushwhacker an Aussie?

Edit: drat, a Texan. It must be the hat.

vvv Yeah, for real.

Reclaimer fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jul 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Reclaimer posted:

Isn't Bushwhacker an Aussie?

Edit: drat, a Texan. It must be the hat.

That, and with a name like Bushwhacker, you'd think he'd be skewin' Aborigines in his free time.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Horizontal Tree posted:

No Skyhammer is Welsh
he's Scottish, one of his lines is literally about bagpipes :psyduck:

also Vassili and Rhino are British along with Proxy

Aura, Fragger, Bushwhacker, Phantom, Sawbonez are American

Fletcher is Nigerian, Nader is German, Arty is Chinese and Kira is Japanese

I hadn't realised accents were this hard, most of them are practically walking stereotypes.

although admittedly I dunno about Sparks

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Sparks is Russian.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
See I thought that too but when I went to double check those people seemed to think she's Swiss. I dunno.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Koramei posted:

he's Scottish, one of his lines is literally about bagpipes :psyduck:

I know it was a joke

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Koramei posted:

Fletcher is Nigerian
Well that answers that. I don't know poo poo about African accents so I just assumed he was Jamaican or something. :downs:

I've noticed from playing Min Level 10 servers lately, that pubbies do EVENTUALLY learn how ammo works on Skyhammer. By level 12, most of them are capable of throwing down a single ammo pack for themselves. They still need to learn that they can give ammo to teammates too, that seems to take until level 18+.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
A lot of people on the 10+ servers are real good, it was a pretty rude wakeup call to me when I hit level 10 and met my first competent fragger.

It was also pretty depressing when I realised I couldn't reliably top the scoreboard anymore.

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

On the other hand, it's nice to have a competent team and lose because you got outplayed rather than because your teammates are braindead morons.

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!
I avoided the Blishlok for a long time because everyone told me it was awful and inaccurate, but I seem to get headshots reliably at all practical ranges, and do really well with it. Why does this gun have such a horrible reputation? I went 23/3 in a round this evening trying it out with Fletcher, and I'm definitely just a middle-of-the-road player.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Blishlok owns

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Alain Perdrix posted:

I avoided the Blishlok for a long time because everyone told me it was awful and inaccurate, but I seem to get headshots reliably at all practical ranges, and do really well with it. Why does this gun have such a horrible reputation? I went 23/3 in a round this evening trying it out with Fletcher, and I'm definitely just a middle-of-the-road player.

One good round with a weapon doesn't make it a good gun. Generally, due to the high-speed nature of good gameplay, low-RPM weapons are never going to be as good as higher-RPM ones. The Krotzni/Kek fall into the sweet spot in terms of rpm and damage. The Hochfir is fun but goes too far into PURE RPM and Blishlock's low RPM means it's going to suffer a lot more from shots missed due to dodging.

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!

Fart Car '97 posted:

One good round with a weapon doesn't make it a good gun. Generally, due to the high-speed nature of good gameplay, low-RPM weapons are never going to be as good as higher-RPM ones. The Krotzni/Kek fall into the sweet spot in terms of rpm and damage. The Hochfir is fun but goes too far into PURE RPM and Blishlock's low RPM means it's going to suffer a lot more from shots missed due to dodging.

My other rounds were decent, too, it was just that that particular one was one of my better rounds since I started playing. I'm still playing mostly in the Level 8-12 range, though, I guess.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
The Blishlock is sorta OK as a crappy assault rifle where you're sitting back putting shots downrange, except the spread starts stacking up too fast to make it sustainable. It might be pretty good for close quarters if you have godlike aim to guarantee headshots in the first two or three shots of every fight, but after the first couple of seconds your spread is too large to be reliable and your rate of fire too low to compensate.

I find that I can get pretty good mileage on classes like Fletcher where you use your secondary as your primary weapon, then bust out the Blish to clean up or deal with things at longer ranges. It has a time-to-kill that is just a hair too long to be my go-to weapon though, especially when you run into fights with more than one person.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Koramei posted:

See I thought that too but when I went to double check those people seemed to think she's Swiss. I dunno.

She is definitely not Swiss. Unless someone thought a Swiss accent sounds like Russian. She even rolls her Rs.

Segmentation Fault posted:

The only British mercs are Skyhammer and Proxy.

Vasili and Rhino are also British.

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jul 25, 2015

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...
This is a bad game, which sucks because its almost fun

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
It was fun before the splashdamage(tm) patch.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
I reckon it was fun before Koreanmonetization.tm

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Alain Perdrix posted:

I used it and hated it. Sure I can plink away with it but if I need to get into an objective I want something that fires way faster.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Alain Perdrix posted:

Can't spray and pray with Blishlok

BobMcFartsens
Dec 31, 2005

Sitting on a park bench

If staying behind the lines with Aura is can be fairly useful. Most of the time it just feels like a pea-shooter to me though.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
The Blishlock is bad and I'm happy shotgun classes can't get anything better

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
I've used it recently again but it seems like they nerfed it, it doesn't feel like it used to with the new sound.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
So, I finally unlocked Phantom (because I already had a Gold card for him, C94 Excellent Operative so felt I should) and yeah, the Katana really is janky to kill people with, but using Refractive to ensure every gunfight starts with you (I was lucky enough to get a KEK-10) is really quite good, as a previously-dedicated SMG Proxy player I'm really enjoying him, even post-nerf.

Indra
Nov 25, 2005
Where are my pants?
So, does everyone get the same missions or is it randomized for each person?

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Indra posted:

So, does everyone get the same missions or is it randomized for each person?

Obviously random since you only get missions for mercs you can play and you need to be level 5+ to get the matchmaking missions.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
http://dirtybomb.nexon.net/news/3425

Free mercs this weekend. :woop:
8 mercs will be in rotation at a time. Sat and Sunday will be Phantom-fests.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Khako posted:

http://dirtybomb.nexon.net/news/3425

Free mercs this weekend. :woop:
8 mercs will be in rotation at a time. Sat and Sunday will be Phantom-fests.

I have close to 90k credits. Time to go shopping after this!

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Phantom in normal rotation too, gonna mow down so many ninjas with minigun :ninja::gizz:

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Artificer posted:

I have close to 90k credits. Time to go shopping after this!

Same. Just broke 100k the other day, and torn between Rhino, Bushwacker and Kira.

GIVE ME THEM ALL.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
If it helps, bushwhackers turret isn't nearly as good as i thought it'd be. I mainly use him just for those times when my team sucks at defusing.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
Bushwhackers turret needs the two perks for it to be killah gorilla, the best way to use it is to put it opposite to where you're standing and catch enemies focussing on you in a crossfire.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Samuel posted:

Bushwhackers turret needs the two perks for it to be killah gorilla, the best way to use it is to put it opposite to where you're standing and catch enemies focussing on you in a crossfire.

That's what I use it for, or to catch enemies jumping down from an above area, usually by the time they realise they're being shot they're dead. I feel it needs to be able to take maybe one or two more shots before dying though.

BobMcFartsens
Dec 31, 2005

Sitting on a park bench

I've been playing a lot of Bushwhacker lately, he's pretty fun. I pull him out when my team is terrible. Finding places to throw his turret where it won't just instantly get blown up can be a challenge. Luring people into traps with it is really fun.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Bushwacker is really good and his turret seriously owns if you place it in smart places. Use it to cover flanks, jump people once they've engaged it, drop it behind groups of enemies.

On its own it does little but used to supplement your kek 10 it's great.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

I just use it to double firepower in straight fights and pick it up after

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Ugh, this rotation is like when Vassili was on rotation, except with all the jackasses playing internet samurai simulator instead.

BobMcFartsens
Dec 31, 2005

Sitting on a park bench

It's all invisible jackasses and badly placed turrets everywhere. Also I dont think a lot of pubs realize Sawbones revives...

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
Turret spam is pretty murder on my shotgun aura, if any of you have a Kira or Skyhammer then whip em out and start slapping them against those retard blobs. (sentries, ev's and linemen)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

BobMcFartsens posted:

It's all invisible jackasses and badly placed turrets everywhere. Also I dont think a lot of pubs realize Sawbones revives...

Most people pick the medic classes for shotguns or run speed, not to actually be a medic.

• Locked thread