Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Does it work in a perfectly dark room? Is an object yellow if no light reflects off of it? What about objects that are not themselves yellow but illuminated by a strong yellow light? Can he affect things that are out of sight, like the surface of an object under the yellow paint? What if a Green Lantern is colour blind, would it work like the blind Lantern who uses sound?

I'm sure all of these were answered in detail at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dolash posted:

Does it work in a perfectly dark room? Is an object yellow if no light reflects off of it? What about objects that are not themselves yellow but illuminated by a strong yellow light? Can he affect things that are out of sight, like the surface of an object under the yellow paint? What if a Green Lantern is colour blind, would it work like the blind Lantern who uses sound?

We need to get Alan Moore to come back and write another Green Lantern story.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I want to see All-Star Green Lantern where Batman and Robin come into a room plastered with photos of their dead parents and a bunch of loaded guns laying around; Hal's drinking an iced tea, smugly thinking he's found a brilliant way to keep Batman from being able to do anything.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

JediTalentAgent posted:

I want to see All-Star Green Lantern where Batman and Robin come into a room plastered with photos of their dead parents and a bunch of loaded guns laying around; Hal's drinking an iced tea, smugly thinking he's found a brilliant way to keep Batman from being able to do anything.

Well, there was that time Joe Chill's kid freaked out batman by showing a "dramatic representation" of somebody's parents getting killed in front of them, ending with the kid saying "At least IM still alive!".

Which just amused me to no end despite all the other crazyness going on at the time (Such as Joe Chill's kid dressing up like the guy who killed his dad, to get revenge on Batman, who didn't kill his dad, but he knew his dad killed Batman's parents if not who they were oh no I've gone crosseyed).

Section Z fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 29, 2015

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Dolash posted:

Just to add to the fun: in Ganthet's Tale Hal defeats a renegade GL by flying backward so fast that his ring's green beam gets Doppler shifted down to yellow.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Selachian posted:

Just to add to the fun: in Ganthet's Tale Hal defeats a renegade GL by flying backward so fast that his ring's green beam gets Doppler shifted down to yellow.

Would it change to a fear beam instead of something powered by will?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Section Z posted:

Well, there was that time Joe Chill's kid freaked out batman by showing a "dramatic representation" of somebody's parents getting killed in front of them, ending with the kid saying "At least IM still alive!".

Which just amused me to no end despite all the other crazyness going on at the time (Such as Joe Chill's kid dressing up like the guy who killed his dad, to get revenge on Batman, who didn't kill his dad, but he knew his dad killed Batman's parents if not who they were oh no I've gone crosseyed).

There's a classic Batman story called The Untold Legend of the Batman where Bruce revealed himself to Joe Chill and tells him how Chill created Batman by killing the Waynes, and Chill runs into a warehouse full of goons, begging for help, and the crooks gun him down for creating the guy who punches their lights out every night. The crooks realize their folly, they've killed Chill before he could tell them Batman's real name.

So if one of those guys talked to Chills son, that might be plausible. They knew that Chill killed Batman's parents but not that it was the Waynes, though that would be pretty easy to deduce unless Chill was never identified or charged as the Waynes killer.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Travis343 posted:

There's a classic Batman story called The Untold Legend of the Batman where Bruce revealed himself to Joe Chill and tells him how Chill created Batman by killing the Waynes, and Chill runs into a warehouse full of goons, begging for help, and the crooks gun him down for creating the guy who punches their lights out every night. The crooks realize their folly, they've killed Chill before he could tell them Batman's real name.

So if one of those guys talked to Chills son, that might be plausible. They knew that Chill killed Batman's parents but not that it was the Waynes, though that would be pretty easy to deduce unless Chill was never identified or charged as the Waynes killer.

All in all, Batman's biggest reoccurring plot-line is one of misplaced anger

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Batman talking so much is super lame "I'm edgy and dark, here's four more pages about my edginess and darkness"

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Duke Igthorn posted:

Batman talking so much is super lame "I'm edgy and dark, here's four more pages about my edginess and darkness"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqv_LUStxDw

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Will Arnett's Batman is easily the most self-aware character in all of fiction

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Travis343 posted:

Also an excellent, surprisingly dark episode for that campier Batman cartoon, Brave and the Bold. It had Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy voicing the Spectre and the Phantom Stranger.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
The YOSPOSible Squirrel Girl #7

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I don't think YOSPOS is possessed by an ancient Norse squirrel-trickster demon.

...or IS it? :tinfoil:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Selachian posted:

Sounds like a SuperFriends episode where Hal is trapped in a yellow bubble, and they find a way to move it so fast it changes colors.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Booblord Zagats posted:

All in all, Batman's biggest reoccurring plot-line is one of misplaced anger

That's basically Batman's entire existence.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
If you read ASB&R as Frank Miller writing Batman as if he was always written the way everyone was writing him at the time the book came out (and remember this was during the whole Spoiler-Robin era where everything had to be awful) then it goes from being unintentionally funny to being completely intentionally funny. And almost an apology from Miller for being directly responsible for ruining Batman for everyone. Heck, after "The goddamned Batman" became a meme, he only put it in the script more.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Hey, why don't we eat monkey?

Hey. Hey. If you want a cilantro-ape ceviche... I know a guy.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
If it exists on this earth, someone somewhere has tried to stuff it in their piehole. How else do you think balut and 'century eggs' became a thing?
To quote Lewis Black: "What the hell is that?!... let's eat it!"

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Travis343 posted:

The crooks realize their folly, they've killed Chill before he could tell them Batman's real name.

I like to think it would go down like the Blight fight in Batman Beyond:

"Who are you!"
"You really want to know, you killed my father"
"Do you have the slightest idea how little that narrows it down!"

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

JediTalentAgent posted:

I think I like this even more than when Damien Robin got x-mas presents for Jason and Tim. A crowbar and a boomerang, respectively.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

JediTalentAgent posted:

He should be drinking iced coffee. A cup of chilled joe.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Random Hajile posted:

He should be drinking iced coffee. A cup of chilled joe.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
How Hal plans to stop the Flash from being able to use his powers against him? Challenge him with a room full of the reaction-time arcade prize games like "Stacker"

"Not even your super speed can defeat this addictive test of timing, Flash! Your ego won't all-"
"This game is rigged. gently caress you, Hal."

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
More like:

"N-"
*all the punches, ever*

E: oh right this is the funny panels thread. Source is GIS, I'm afraid.

FredMSloniker fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 30, 2015

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Choco1980 posted:

If you read ASB&R as Frank Miller writing Batman as if he was always written the way everyone was writing him at the time the book came out (and remember this was during the whole Spoiler-Robin era where everything had to be awful) then it goes from being unintentionally funny to being completely intentionally funny. And almost an apology from Miller for being directly responsible for ruining Batman for everyone. Heck, after "The goddamned Batman" became a meme, he only put it in the script more.

You're giving Frank Miller way too much credit.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Context... nah, jus' kiddin', we don't need no context.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
The Filth #10 presents us with a comic book convention joke. Not a joke about conventions where nerds gather, but a convention used in comic books

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
In for a Morrison penny, in for a Morrison pound

from The New Adventures of Hitler

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

I don't think YOSPOS is possessed by an ancient Norse squirrel-trickster demon.

...or IS it? :tinfoil:

Wait is Ratatoskr the antagonist in the new Squirrel Girl comic? If so that's kind of brilliant

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

Wait is Ratatoskr the antagonist in the new Squirrel Girl comic? If so that's kind of brilliant

Yup, hence she's teaming up with Jane-Thor and Thor Odinson to stop her.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hakkesshu posted:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I feel I should be reading this book

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Hakkesshu posted:

I feel I should be reading this book

It's a good book. I read the first few issues. I'd be reading it right now, except that I can't bring myself to pay for individual issues since I subscribed to Marvel Unlimited, so I'll be reading it in six months or so.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That is, by the way, the sum-total of everything the Odinson has discovered about the new Thor in Aaron's book.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Say Nothing posted:

Someone should start a 'Hal jordan being hit on the head' tumblr.

From a few pages back, but someone did. Long before Tumblr existed.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Phylodox posted:

It's a good book. I read the first few issues. I'd be reading it right now, except that I can't bring myself to pay for individual issues since I subscribed to Marvel Unlimited, so I'll be reading it in six months or so.

I'm the same way. Must wait and binge, don't succumb to comixology sales.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Gaz-L posted:

That is, by the way, the sum-total of everything the Odinson has discovered about the new Thor in Aaron's book.

Could someone post the panel a page back where he's saying he's with a woman who is not his mother and who kisses well?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Sizone posted:

Could someone post the panel a page back where he's saying he's with a woman who is not his mother and who kisses well?

Look carefully at that comic page six posts up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Phylodox posted:

I only read that and Hawkeye from Marvel, and I wait for the trades on Hawkeye so I pick up the individual issues either same month or month after on Squirrel Girl.