Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think the term "fiscal responsibility" is more of a ritual affirmation than anything else these days.

To them it is fiscally responsible to stay at home with a rag and duct tape instead of paying a copay to get a gunshot wound stitched up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Mint the coin Obama.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
From the Democratic party's August recess communications strategy: :negative:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Duke Igthorn posted:

And what policy decisions, in her capacity of Official First Lady of the United States of America, did you disagree with?

Or are you, much like the NPR article and others, hanging her husband's crimes and her playing politics around her neck?

Sticking with her husband as he received blowjobs from interns due to her desire to be close to the center of American power.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

"This is Climate Change. It threatens to destroy America. Republicans pretend it doesn't happen. It does."

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

My Imaginary GF posted:

Sticking with her husband as he received blowjobs from interns due to her desire to be close to the center of American power.

quote:

Or are you, much like the NPR article and others, hanging her husband's crimes and her playing politics around her neck?

"The HONEST My Imaginary GF" posted:

Yes.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:thumbsup:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Joementum posted:

Well we're always complaining about how Dem messenging sucks...

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Gingriches met Ava DuVernay today.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

An Angry Bug posted:

Ooh, this is going to go badly. :unsmigghh:

You know it would be funny if Trump gets the base as mad at the kochs as they are at Soros.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Trump is unstoppable.

Also if you ever want another reason to hate David Koch, watch the airline disaster episode he was in where he tries to justify not helping anyone out of the plane crash he was in.

any link to this? because I knew he was a sociopath but its good to be confirmed.

Amergin posted:

Interesting/sad thing is the cop didn't seem to be any more bloodthirsty/dickish that any other regular cop.

Everything up to the guy trying to take off looked like a regular stop. The reason I bring this up is the judge/whoever trying to make this guy sound like some psycho/cold-blooded killer/etc. I don't see that. I see a guy whose first instinct when a stop doesn't go as planned is to reach for his gun and shoot.

That's not a symptom of a bad apple to me (as they'll likely let the cop burn as a pariah and not actually make any meaningful changes to the police department), that's a clear symptom of bad training and/or bad recruiting.

You're right, really I would argue if it had been a white guy the cop would have probably done the same thing and this is a problem resulting in bad training and hiring, but please do not break character.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 30, 2015

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

site posted:

Well we're always complaining about how Dem messenging sucks...
Well, I'd like to think that Dems say the stuff on the right because their voters ask more questions about things.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jul 30, 2015

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Joementum posted:

There's a bonus this year: House Republicans are now saying they won't vote for any funding bill that includes money for Planned Parenthood.

A continuing resolution would include that money.

So, that'll be fun at the end of September.

I'm never getting the offer letter they told me was coming a month ago :suicide:

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dem Position: I don't give a fork

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Joementum posted:

Jesus, Callista's got one hell of a supervillain leer going on in that photo.
:stare:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Jesus, Callista's got one hell of a supervillain leer going on in that photo.
:stare:

I keep expecting her to make that Predator clicking sound instead of human speech

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Joementum posted:

I hope this was either followed by or following DuVernay yelling at them for a solid 20 minutes.

I also hope that Newt just really wanted a picture with the lady he thought was gonna direct Black Panther.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I don't know which is more frightening

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
"If you’re getting high in Colorado today, enjoy it,” said Christie, a 2016 presidential candidate, during the town hall meeting in New Hampshire, according to Bloomberg. “As of January 2017, I will enforce the federal laws.”

I didn't think it was practical or possible but, it appears each of them, in their own way, really is doubling down on the old white person vote.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

If elected probably won't help them in four years.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Isn't Colorado still sorta up for grabs? Well not for Christie but any generic GOP suit?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the night, "Shut down the government if that is what it takes. Shut it down now. If we cannot stand on this high ground, we should not stand at all. Children are being ripped apart and their hearts, brains, lungs, and livers sold. Is this not a fight worth having?" ~ Erick, son of Erick.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Republicans: party of "states rights"

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Duke Igthorn posted:

And what policy decisions, in her capacity of Official First Lady of the United States of America, did you disagree with?

I'm saying I don't like how self-righteously she defends her politically convenient shifts in opinion. She's far from unique in that and I don't think she's uniquely bad about it, but I'm just tired of seeing centrist Democrats trying to simultaneously hold themselves up as the most progressive possible candidate while they scuttle as far to the right as polling dictates.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Who said only the left knows how to build a webpage?

http://www.abbyjohnson.org

quote:

Thank you for stopping by! My mission - and my team's mission - is simple: We're in the fight for life because we're pro-love. We see that every life, from the child in the womb, to the elderly - and in between, including the abortion clinic worker's life, have incredible value and worth. We believe that abortion strips women of their dignity. We believe that motherhood is empowering. We believe that not conforming and giving into societal pressures when it comes to femininity is empowering.
We believe that that justice applies to every single human being on this earth. We believe in redefining the pro-life
movement to include everyone, every age, race, gender, religion and every job.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

Quote of the night, "Shut down the government if that is what it takes. Shut it down now. If we cannot stand on this high ground, we should not stand at all. Children are being ripped apart and their hearts, brains, lungs, and livers sold. Is this not a fight worth having?" ~ Erick, son of Erick.

I just read his screed.

That use of "children" pops up more than once. I feel he doesn't understand what a child is.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Tom Massie, Walter Jones, and Ted Yoho are now co-sponsoring the motion to vacate the chair.

Word is that the reason it wasn't filed as a privileged motion is that Meadows wants it to percolate over the August recess. Allowing it to be referred to committee (rather than instantly discarded) starts this trickle of support (he hopes) over the coming weeks from colleagues who want Boehner gone.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

USPOL July: Here's My 42 Point Plan On Forks

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Trabisnikof posted:

Who said only the left knows how to build a webpage?

http://www.abbyjohnson.org

She bought that site design from another pro-life media group, so kudos to them.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Former Virginia governor Jim Gilmore has filed to run for president (as a republican, natch)

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
So this is either going to put a stop to this nonsense or just add fuel to the fire of their persecution complex. Oh who am I kidding? It will be the latter.

"Fox News posted:

LOS ANGELES – A temporary restraining order has been issued preventing an anti-abortion group from releasing any video of leaders of a California company that provides fetal tissue to researchers. The group is the same one that previously shot viral covert video of a Planned Parenthood leader discussing the sale of aborted fetuses for research.

The Los Angeles Superior Court order issued Tuesday prohibits the Center for Medical Progress from releasing any video of three high-ranking StemExpress officials taken at a restaurant in May. It appears to be the first legal action prohibiting the release of a video from the organization.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Internet Webguy posted:

So this is either going to put a stop to this nonsense or just add fuel to the fire of their persecution complex. Oh who am I kidding? It will be the latter.

California is a 2 party state and very serious about it, so that might actually have some teeth behind it.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Internet Webguy posted:

The only thing stronger than their hatred of the vagina is their persecution complex.

Pity the plucky white Christian. :qq:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Internet Webguy posted:

Prior restraint is a pretty justifiable thing to object to, I think that will backfire and I'm not convinced it shouldn't.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
By the way, the Senate is going to pass the House's three month highway/mass transit funding extension tomorrow. That's technically a FY16 appropriation, which the President will sign. You did it, guys! :toot:

The bill does not include reauthorization of the Ex-Im bank's lending authority.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
wrong subject.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

evilweasel posted:

Prior restraint is a pretty justifiable thing to object to, I think that will backfire and I'm not convinced it shouldn't.

If they made a recording without consent of a party in California I can see a way this actually does stop some of this.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I just read his screed.

That use of "children" pops up more than once. I feel he doesn't understand what a child is.

Erick basically prides himself on being a sociopathic monster that doesn't care how people feel or if they live or die so I'm somewhat dubious on his sudden uncharacteristic outrage on "children" being dismembered.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Joementum posted:

By the way, the Senate is going to pass the House's three month highway/mass transit funding extension tomorrow. That's technically a FY16 appropriation, which the President will sign. You did it, guys! :toot:

The bill does not include reauthorization of the Ex-Im bank's lending authority.

Does it make me a kook that I'm not all that sad about Ex-Im staying offline for just a bit longer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Does it make me a kook that I'm not all that sad about Ex-Im staying offline for just a bit longer?

Nah, it's one of those policy positions where the left and right agree in America, but for different reasons. Though it's really not a big deal.

• Locked thread