Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Sheever with the tidehunter pillow :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I mean, I know the EG draft wasn't great, but that Luna Lesh combo was pretty hard to post up against.

Do we have a running list of heroes that have not been picked but are CM enabled? I don't want to cross reference a bunch of lists to remove redundancies.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Bad Moon posted:

Sheever with the tidehunter pillow :allears:

Sheever is such a nice lady. She's older than most of the others too. Just a nice old lady who genuinely loves dota :unsmith:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Zurreco posted:

I mean, I know the EG draft wasn't great, but that Luna Lesh combo was pretty hard to post up against.

Letting other teams have the sad horse is a bad idea

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Zurreco posted:

Do we have a running list of heroes that have not been picked but are CM enabled? I don't want to cross reference a bunch of lists to remove redundancies.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_L3fVon9QTDAZNIaSUG-ySzSff7KJac9EG0HhTuYhcg/edit?pli=1

Based on numbers from datdota.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
watching a luna poo poo on a storm gyro pick was amazing

do it again

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
EHOME with a goddamn Lifestealer pick, to the bafflement of everyone

trw
Dec 24, 2003
Just looking through datdota and this really surprised me:
Winter Wyvern 22 6 16 0.273

Might be Na'vi just dragging the statistics down but that seems like a really really bad winrate.

Also interesting:
Bloodseeker 28 11 17 0.393
Razor 21 7 14 0.333

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

drunken officeparty posted:

Sheever is such a nice lady. She's older than most of the others too. Just a nice old lady who genuinely loves dota :unsmith:

She will crush all her fellow panelists with her Dutch height

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Blitz dropping harsh truth bombs.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
CDEC is a beast.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
CDEC rules, everybody. Told you.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

That isn't totally correct. There was an Ursa. That said, that's a very disappointing list. I remember a few months ago when everyone was being used, and everyone was really excited for what weird strategies was going to appear at TI. That many unpicked heroes is just discouraging. I know the amount of viable heroes always narrows after some time spent after a patch, but it's always lame to see samey matches over and over.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Ursa was picked in the Wildcards so this list is garbage.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Megasabin posted:

That isn't totally correct. There was an Ursa. That said, that's a very disappointing list. I remember a few months ago when everyone was being used, and everyone was really excited for what weird strategies was going to appear at TI. That many unpicked heroes is just discouraging. I know the amount of viable heroes always narrows after some time spent after a patch, but it's always lame to see samey matches over and over.

Still likely that some teams are saving pocket picks for the brackets.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Ragingsheep posted:

Still likely that some teams are saving pocket picks for the brackets.

Yeah, both games matter. When we're in BO3, you'll see the team that won game 1 relax and do things that might be weird.

There's no live crowd, and real losses to losing any game. You'll see unusual stuff as soon as this phase is over and the hollering audience arrives.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
I'm pretty sure that a few heroes that aren't picked yet will get picked for a couple picket strats but there's probably 8-10 heroes on that list that are complete asscheeks/useless and there's no chance that we see them this TI.

90-93 heroes out of 103-104 is still good.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
EG please

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Zurreco posted:

Megasabin posted:

That isn't totally correct. There was an Ursa.

I've updated it to include the Play In games. Ursa is there now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_L3fVon9QTDAZNIaSUG-ySzSff7KJac9EG0HhTuYhcg/edit?usp=sharing

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Zurreco posted:

Datdota is not counting the wildcard matches as TI matches for whatever resaon. The data is just from group stage.

e: it's fixed now I guess

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Americans begin outlasting Cold War against Russians. As it should be :911:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Disaster for Empire

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Wow Empire just came completely unraveled in the last 8 minutes. Storm just hanging around behind the mid T2 with curse/BH up and dying instantly was incredibly bizarre.

trw
Dec 24, 2003
Empire just seems to be on tilt now. One of their strengths is their teamwork in teamfights but they haven't shown anything of it this ti.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
Does Empire get some kind of flu when they leave Europe or something?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Aui's Enigma is just disgusting

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

It feels like Resolution has a lot of trouble cancelling his ults as SF, even when they're not getting reamed.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Poor Universe keeps getting lit up

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
EG rude

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Well Lifestealer is 1-0 in TI5

mostly on the back of Cty shutting down the mid-lane

but with rOtk missing most of his hooks

still, 100% winrate

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Gah, empire on full tilt.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
This is the day of insane QoP lines.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
You know your TI trip is going rough when you lose to Lifestealer. :(

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Its hosed up that Vici are dropping games to CDEC and Hot6.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Its hosed up that Vici are dropping games to CDEC and Hot6.

CDEC have been genuinely good (as in, no longer a joke and able to hang with the top teams of China) for almost nine months now, and VG has lost grip over the meta since this patch was added. Iceiceice even said in an interview he has no expectation for placement and they could end up anywhere.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Nightstalker disappeared into the shadows that game.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
This alohadance player profile is pretty :smith:

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
CDEC almost drafted team punch. I think VG doesn't know what patch they're in, though.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Vici's Tusk should ready up Walrus Punch and then be tossed into an opponent. It will look like one of those perpetual motion artworks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
There was a Nether Strike into Walrus Punch earlier and the game didn't know which descent to terminate first so the dead BH stayed in the air for a second longer than it should have.

• Locked thread