Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
the :shroom: kind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Mushrooms are p good, no lie.

CaptBushido
Mar 24, 2004

Picnic Princess posted:

Mushrooms are p good, no lie.

Waitin for the crowd of literal 6 year olds to come in and be like "eww its like mold, I don't like any food but chicken nuggets and pizza"

or is it just me who constantly hears that poo poo from full-grown adults whenever mushrooms come up IRL?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

CaptBushido posted:

Waitin for the crowd of literal 6 year olds to come in and be like "eww its like mold, I don't like any food but chicken nuggets and pizza"

or is it just me who constantly hears that poo poo from full-grown adults whenever mushrooms come up IRL?

Just you, they either come up as delicious foods or delicious party accessories for normal people.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Button mushrooms, big fat mushrooms, I love mushrooms. Wash 'em, chop 'em, make a sauce out of 'em and put 'em on toast.

I fuckin' love mushrooms.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

You can put mushrooms on a pizza.

Jon Zyetta
May 6, 2003
Your Bargaining Posture Is Highly Dubious

Magnus Praeda posted:

Some say he did it for aesthetic reasons, others think it might be a bizarre sex practice. All we know is...he's called The Stig!
:drat:

posting in 2 different threads can get confusing for my ape brain.

Jon Zyetta has a new favorite as of 11:41 on Jul 30, 2015

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

CaptBushido posted:

Here come the "it's a texture thing :qq: " people

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
Mushrooms are OK I guess

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Data Graham posted:

I recently learned that two friends of mine (30 and 20 years old) had never liked or regularly eaten bananas, mostly due to the "texture".

:psyduck:

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Mushrooms make me feel like an uncultured philistine because while I like them, I can't taste much difference in different kinds. at all. You could chop up some button mushroom and some morell and cook them the same way and give me a blind taste test and I'd be flummoxed.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Choco1980 posted:

Mushrooms make me feel like an uncultured philistine because while I like them, I can't taste much difference in different kinds. at all. You could chop up some button mushroom and some morell and cook them the same way and give me a blind taste test and I'd be flummoxed.

Me too :(

e: (Also the best mushrooms are portobello mushrooms, stuffed with sun dried tomatoes and capers fried in balsamic vinegar, topped with grilled halloumi and pesto.)

Lady Disdain has a new favorite as of 04:42 on Jul 30, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

CaptBushido posted:

I eat more than chicken nuggets and pizza, and mushrooms are disgusting.

PS if you're hearing a lot of people not liking something gross, your appreciation of said thing might be wrong.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

MisterBibs posted:

PS if you're hearing a lot of people not liking something gross, your appreciation of said thing might be wrong.

Time to pack it up human race. At least four people on a forum full of weirdos have confirmed that mushrooms are gross. It's official.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Mushrooms taste like someone rolled a sweaty gym sock in dirt and then had a dog fart on it. I like my chicken nuggets with BBQ sauce.

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013

MisterBibs posted:

Or maybe lots of people are idiots.

As an Austrian I feel obliged to wish Arnold a Happy Birthday today.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

....what did you change?

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

Choco1980 posted:

Oyster mushrooms are super gross and salty and they ruined my pasta. :arghfist:

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Data Graham posted:

Hi, I don't like mushrooms and this is why. Every other year or so I give it another shot and it's always the same, they're just not for me. It's cool if you like them though.

Thank you for this opportunity to get it off my chest, been eating away at me.

Here's a picture of something funny I came across once.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Woebin posted:

:shroom:

This picture is a mystery that I want the answers to.

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
Some people need assistance.

Jon Zyetta
May 6, 2003
Your Bargaining Posture Is Highly Dubious

Beige posted:

Some people need assistance.

Who was watching those people whom need assistance?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
*chugs a gallon of milk*

No, I don't eat mushrooms. Yuck.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Woebin posted:

Hi, I don't like mushrooms and this is why. Every other year or so I give it another shot and it's always the same, they're just not for me. It's cool if you like them though.

Pot Of Shoe posted:

This picture is a mystery that I want the answers to.

I'm assuming a guy had a cast that couldn't bend at the knee, so he had to prop it up to poo poo.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

kizudarake posted:

I'm assuming a guy had a cast that couldn't bend at the knee, so he had to prop it up to poo poo.

lookit fkn sherlock holmes here

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I'm usually a fan of mushrooms, but I think oyster mushrooms have a texture that I find undesirable. I had them on a duck burger once and they were really rubbery when I was chewing on them. I'll stick to other edible types of mushroom though, and if you don't enjoy them, hey, that's your life and that's fine.

Now what's weird to me is grown folks who are older than I am still consciously rejecting vegetables because they find all of 'em icky. :shrug:

Content.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

kizudarake posted:

I always just figured some drunk students (this was at my university's student pub) decided to make their bathroom visit a spectator sport. Also the seat is up. Explain that, detective.

Actual shop window in 2014:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Woebin posted:

I always just figured some drunk students (this was at my university's student pub) decided to make their bathroom visit a spectator sport. Also the seat is up. Explain that, detective.

He needed it to rest his bum leg on while he pissed

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

How-to-try-too-hard-to-be-funny.ppt

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
People who don't like mushrooms should try amanitas, they'll definitely change your opinion of mushrooms.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Turns out same-sex marriage in Fallout 2 really was just the start.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

graybook posted:

I'm usually a fan of mushrooms, but I think oyster mushrooms have a texture that I find undesirable. I had them on a duck burger once and they were really rubbery when I was chewing on them. I'll stick to other edible types of mushroom though, and if you don't enjoy them, hey, that's your life and that's fine.

Now what's weird to me is grown folks who are older than I am still consciously rejecting vegetables because they find all of 'em icky. :shrug:

Content.

:mediocre:

This is how it's done:

You better be able to sell your dog-wife into slavery.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Woebin posted:

Just curious but which part of the picture did you come across?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

You better be able to sell your dog-wife into slavery.

Hey, we live in a more equal opportunities age than when the original Fallout games came out. What if your dog-wife sells YOU into slavery?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Slime posted:

Hey, we live in a more equal opportunities age than when the original Fallout games came out. What if your dog-wife sells YOU into slavery?

GOTY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

MisterBibs posted:

I eat more than chicken nuggets and pizza, and mushrooms are disgusting.

If you're hearing a lot of people with different opinions than you, then it is possible that different humans have different tastes and preferences, and appreciating specific things is not an objective truth in this universe.

• Locked thread