Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
metro only looks decent on a phone sized screen

anything bigger and it looks awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

wow finally i can stop using this OSX garbage and get with a real OS

pram
Jun 10, 2001
abomination

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
windows 10 is making me look forward to el cap

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
morbidly curious but then I'd have to go to the verge and ehhhhh

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i just checked and the whole article was seriously just "i used bootcamp, but you can use vmware or parallels if you want" lol

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

its not any easier than previous windows versions they are just creating embedded ads for microsoft and passing it off as journalism

again

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

content providers just got too greedy with ads. most neurotypicals are fine with moderately sized banner ads, even animated ones, but then these sites started pushing further and further with overlays, autoplaying videos with sound, and lockouts to the point where ad blocking is a necessity for maintaining sanity

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

were already well into the next phase of ads which is just sponsored content knob gobbling so wgaf?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
w some bar graphs earlier, should i buy or sell AAPL right now???

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
le tus take the awful fail launch of windows 10 asa naother reason to rpirasie timb for a good os

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

zen death robot posted:

Why do you turn off the spell check? It works great on iOS and make it practically impossible to type like a retard unless you're going out of your way to do it.

im nto on ios

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
failos autocorrect has gotten worse and worse with every update since ios 3

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

pram posted:

jesus gently caress get out

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pram posted:

jesus gently caress get out

yeah mac os 9 was garbage

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Shaggar posted:

yeah mac os 9 was garbage

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
thanks timb for letting me know chvrches has new music out

CHVRCHES posted on @AppleMusic
https://itunes.apple.com/us/post/idsa.9669c193-30c2-11e5-a2f2-a7a84522d181

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

neonbregna posted:

thanks timb for letting me know chvrches has new music out

these yospos misspellings are getting out of hand

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

apple invents way to put your butt hole on a necklace, penetrate it with fancy pen

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

PleasureKevin posted:

apple invents way to put your butt hole on a necklace, penetrate it with fancy pen

better check my sphinctometer

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

does tim cook put his name on every single patent like steve did

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

no they still put steves name

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

haha just kidding but the R & D department has gotten so big at Apple that I doubt he could still do that

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

PleasureKevin posted:

haha just kidding but the R & D department has gotten so big at Apple that I doubt he could still do that

at my old job patents would get the name of the ceo and every idiot manager between the ceo and pathetic underling who actually created the intellectual property
p f'ed up

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
if I were an inventor I would be pretty stoked to have Steve Jobs and me listed as the inventors, even if he didn't do poo poo on it. I'd be like, check out the patent Steve and I came up with. Tim would be cool too, I guess although Jony might be better.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

its cool when Steve does it, not so cool when its ballmer or larry ellison

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Steve Jobs kicked rear end and without him none of these loving nerds would have done poo poo with Apple back in the day

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

Steve Jobs kicked rear end and without him none of these loving nerds would have done poo poo with Apple back in the day

jobs was a Good Man.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
everyone in this thread
https://vine.co/v/OUZIv3MTVJA

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I am starting to suspect that Apple Music does not in fact suit my needs

* "Albums" view has no obvious way to distinguish between actual full albums I have downloaded onto the phone and "albums" comprised of one song that's part of a playlist I downloaded

* Several full albums I downloaded actually only downloaded like half of the songs, and the other half of the songs refuse to actually download to the phone with no warning or explanation, even when I specifically tap "Make Available Offline" and it shows a little phone icon next to the song title (but doesn't actually download the song to the phone)

* Several playlists didn't actually bother downloading themselves properly and when I try to play them they have like 2 songs in them

* At least one playlist didn't actually both to download at all and despite sitting in my "Playlists" list is completely blank

* When I start playing downloaded music in range of wifi (e.g. my garage) and then go out of range of wifi (e.g. start driving) the music pauses itself and I have to press play again

* On more than on occasion the "loop current song" option magically enabled itself and I had to turn it back off

* The "Sound Check" option that normalizes volume levels seems to like to randomly not work, so if I keep restarting a song over and over, maybe 10% of the time it will be MUCH LOUDER THAN NORMAL

So in conclusion Apple Music fails miserably as a replacement for an iPod, you know, that device Apple made a while back that was fairly popular and kicked off their meteoric rise

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Linguica posted:

I am starting to suspect that Apple Music does not in fact suit my needs

* "Albums" view has no obvious way to distinguish between actual full albums I have downloaded onto the phone and "albums" comprised of one song that's part of a playlist I downloaded

* Several full albums I downloaded actually only downloaded like half of the songs, and the other half of the songs refuse to actually download to the phone with no warning or explanation, even when I specifically tap "Make Available Offline" and it shows a little phone icon next to the song title (but doesn't actually download the song to the phone)

* Several playlists didn't actually bother downloading themselves properly and when I try to play them they have like 2 songs in them

* At least one playlist didn't actually both to download at all and despite sitting in my "Playlists" list is completely blank

* When I start playing downloaded music in range of wifi (e.g. my garage) and then go out of range of wifi (e.g. start driving) the music pauses itself and I have to press play again

* On more than on occasion the "loop current song" option magically enabled itself and I had to turn it back off

* The "Sound Check" option that normalizes volume levels seems to like to randomly not work, so if I keep restarting a song over and over, maybe 10% of the time it will be MUCH LOUDER THAN NORMAL

So in conclusion Apple Music fails miserably as a replacement for an iPod, you know, that device Apple made a while back that was fairly popular and kicked off their meteoric rise

yeah it kinda sucks

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
actually t owns, maybe u r doingn it wrong op

pram
Jun 10, 2001
apple music is only good if you use it like this:

find music u like, press + button, go to my music and enjoy

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

apple made a brave attempt at combining streaming and your own files but it's better if you use one or the other

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Apple Music's biggest problem is trying to be your old iTunes library at the same time.
They should have made a new app.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

my old files are all on subsonic so it works pretty well for me. one app contains my spergy archive of full albums and discographies and the other is a shitload of pop and hiphop tracks I currently like. also if I want to hear something without the hassle of downloading it or using youtube it's right there

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i don't use apple music

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Sue posted:

Apple Music's biggest problem is trying to be your old iTunes library at the same time.
They should have made a new app.

hmm but what if you wanted to listen to a playlist that has apple music and itunes songs

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
there is no reason to use apple music over spotify, as far as I can tell, apart from maybe a few exclusive artists

no web player is a deal breaker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Amethyst posted:

there is no reason to use apple music over spotify, as far as I can tell, apart from maybe a few exclusive artists

no web player is a deal breaker

is there really no web player. so youre expected to plug headphones or w/e and use your cell phone all day. wow. what a pos

• Locked thread