Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Early Chapter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well.
WELL :stare:.

So like they coexist with possession happy yokai?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
That scene with Komatsu sleeping was creepy.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

That was hosed up.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Pewdiepie posted:

That was hosed up.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Welpo...

Things went south pretty fahst

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I thought Blue Grill was abnormally peaceful with how far into the gourmet world it is

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

wait wait wait, Chaco is a guy?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Terror Sweat posted:

wait wait wait, Chaco is a guy?

Komatsu's muscle harem is only guys. :smugbert:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

That was hosed up.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I believe :stonk: sums up this chapter.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I had to stop in the middle of this chapter and read The Town Without Streets by Junji Ito again. Good Lord.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 332 is out.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I never thought that a cooking manga would touch on forced labor and eugenics, but here we are.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Green Intern posted:

I never thought that a cooking manga would touch on forced labor and eugenics, but here we are.

I think we left the cooking part of this manga a long time ago...

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

nah man, the cooking comes next issue.

Also holy poo poo this chapter :stare:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 333 is out.

I really like the design of the coffin crab and the drooling behind the mask is also a nice touch

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Pfft only 124 years old, what a babby :rolleyes:

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
When did kitchen knives turn into kitchen swords

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The proper question is when does a knife become a sword?

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Pawl posted:

When did kitchen knives turn into kitchen swords

since the arc where they had a knifemaker make a knife out of a dragon's tooth, and a single wave of it cut a mountain in half, probably

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

The proper question is when does a knife become a sword?

When it's All-Purpose of course.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Komatsu's gonna show up at the end and own the poo poo out of whoever is left.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Fabricated posted:

He's gonna cook so hard that he purifies the FOOD SPIRITS.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I am looking forward to this Millimeter/Megaton battle.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Fabricated posted:

So were Not going to see Nono cook. :sigh:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I'm strangely okay with Melk II being used as knife caddy, suggesting knives for especially tricky cuts and slices. What the gently caress else is she going to do in a cooking tournament where 124 is a young age?

Besides be the best character, that is.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

New Toriko

So good

1 millimeter of overconfidence

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
This was a pretty good chapter.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Yuda is so loving cool.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

That was loving awesome. Even if he won by not cooking? C'mon Yuda. He coulda done it tho.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
That was really great. So much packed into one chapter. RIP Referee

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
What a chapter

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Condor Window thought he was in a cooking match. Yuda realized it was a deathmatch.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
the best thing in shonen series is when weird little character quirks turn out to be the result of tragic backstories. sooooo good. I want Yuda and Senor Pink to be the next combo.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

That was loving awesome. Even if he won by not cooking? C'mon Yuda. He coulda done it tho.
See

Green Intern posted:

Condor Window thought he was in a cooking match. Yuda realized it was a deathmatch.
Condor thought that all he had to do was trump Yuda in terms of speed of cooking, but he neglected to look at how he could use his environment to his benefit since he was too cocky. Now Yuda has all the time in the world to prepare his meal so next chapter should be the taste reactions.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah I liked learning that Yuda's NOT ONE MILLIMETER is based on experience and not just A Thing.

Also hell yeah he's gonna cook the fish. This is Toriko.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he's also going to rescue the other person by 1mm

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Green Intern posted:

Yuda is so loving cool.

Yeah, all that was missing was him donning badass shades for the last panel. I think this was the best story chapter in a long time. It'd even stand on its own as a one-shot. Hopefully we'll keep getting cool backstory on the chefs as they keep owning the spirit chefs, or to make it interesting we'll get the backstory but they'll lose anyway leading to a decisive fifth match, as seen in almost every Prince of Tennis tournament ever. What's also cool is that we've seen literally dozens of cool characters so far that could be developed further with similar flashbacks, on top of the pile of characters who've been developed that way already, or who we've seen in action constantly and know pretty well like the four Kings.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
That was the most baller full course yet. Everyone forgets with all these crazy insane level ingredients you can still make something from level 1 food and make it taste loving fantastic if you're a pro-chef, especially when there's a strong emotional attachment to the food. I'd love if Toriko's final course addition is the first dish Komatsu and him shared for the official start of their friendship, gala croc, and Zebra can't really top that to make a superior full course.

I know its hundreds of chapters away but I think by now everyone knows that Toriko's wedding is going to be catered by Komatsu and everyone is going to be way more interested in the food then the actual wedding ceremony.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Aug 7, 2015

• Locked thread