Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

stringball posted:

The dude in the club drops his underwear and rocks with his cock out, forgot to include that in my post :(

Yeah, all Nightmare Stage videos should be considered NWS for one reason or another (I forgot to mention this because it's one of those things you take for granted)
The clip opens with a Gypsy singing a Nazi song. The show got banned in 2006 for, out of all things, airing homegroan. Malnar and his crew simply jumped ship after this and reappeared a week later on a different TV network. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Another :nws: video. A presidential candidate is the show's guest and he's being shown a recording of one of the crewmembers getting some puppy love from a yellow lab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAZFr_gqqZQ

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

I was supposed to appear on Nightmare Stage in 2002, but I declined. :ssh:

The worst decision of your life, and that's including everything in this thread and in all your former ones. :colbert:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Doesn't matter how high I am, I always try to keep a modicum of common sense

just about every other post in this thread

:confuoot::confused:

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Truly the great dream of Europe is alive in Croatia

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The German dream, for sure.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

I want to rent an apartment from you and drink myself to death. How expensive would that be?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The premise of the show is simple: round up the town stoners, drunks, retards and crazies and put them on live TV stream

I was supposed to appear on Nightmare Stage in 2002, but I declined. :ssh:

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

skeletonotherkin posted:

I want to rent an apartment from you and drink myself to death. How expensive would that be?

The apartment would basically be free--it's not like anyone else pays him. And each 2L of beer is like a dollar iirc.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Teketeketeketeke posted:

The apartment would basically be free--it's not like anyone else pays him. And each 2L of beer is like a dollar iirc.

Cashing out my 401k and am omw ASAP.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
OP it seems like you mainly just throw all your garbage out of the window, have you considered using the City Waste Disposal services offered by Zagrebacki Holding Council, wherein you place your disposed items into large black bags, and leave them on the street once a week for collection?

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

My 4th or 5th cousin Nikita lives in Israel but wants to move to Croatia (he's originally from Russia). I was pretty baffled but I guess one Slav country isn't much worse than the others

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Clochette posted:

My 4th or 5th cousin Nikita lives in Israel but wants to move to Croatia (he's originally from Russia). I was pretty baffled but I guess one Slav country isn't much worse than the others

I thought only Serbs were considered Slavic?

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
theres the western slavs - your polacks and czechs, these are often considered the most white

you've got your southern slavs, all the balkan assholes

and your eastern slavs which is russians and wannabe-russians like ukrainians, byelorus etc.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

The Saurus posted:

theres the western slavs - your polacks and czechs, these are often considered the most white

you've got your southern slavs, all the balkan assholes

and your eastern slavs which is russians and wannabe-russians like ukrainians, byelorus etc.

Ah, also by only Serbs, I meant within the balkans.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

skeletonotherkin posted:

Ah, also by only Serbs, I meant within the balkans.

Nope, pretty sure Croats, slovenians, slovakians and serbs are all slavs. Not sure about bulgarians and rumanians.

pretty sure yugoslavia means "united slavs". that worked out well lol

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

The Saurus posted:

Nope, pretty sure Croats, slovenians, slovakians and serbs are all slavs. Not sure about bulgarians and rumanians.

pretty sure yugoslavia means "united slavs". that worked out well lol

In all seriousness thanks for the correcting my ignorant American rear end.

Velisarius
Nov 1, 2009
Bulgarians are also Slavic, Romanians are Latin.

I thought Yugoslavia meant south Slavia, which would make sense I suppose, but I could be wrong on that.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Velisarius posted:

Bulgarians are also Slavic, Romanians are Latin.

I thought Yugoslavia meant south Slavia, which would make sense I suppose, but I could be wrong on that.

You are not wrong. Bulgarians were originally a Turkic tribe from Russian steppes (Bolgars) who assimilated into Slavic ethnicity when they migrated to Eastern Balkans, Romanians are Latinized Dacians with language similar to Italian, Spanish and French. And Jug is South so Jugoslavija (Yugoslavia) means South Slavia.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Makes sense, still those slavs sure hate each other. Must be cause of the whole religion thing down there.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Hey, this looks like a party, doesn't it? :)

Actually, none of these bottles were purchased by me - they were all recovered from dumpsters and wastebins on the bus station. The large beer bottle was not completely empty when I picked it up, you can guess where the leftover beer went :getin:

Through hobo magic, I traded the bottles for a baguette and I even managed to land myself half a pack of cigs. I normally wouldn't have bought myself a baguette, but I was a few pennies short of a real loaf of bread so I guess I'll have to make do with this. :D

Where did the cigs come from?
You'll never guess whom I ran into on the bus station - it was Dad the dad from the penultimate saga. He too picked up his life after his wife dumped him, truth to be told he's living in the boonies now and hardly gets to see his kids but at least he has a steady job. I bummed cigs off of him and he then invited me over to his restaurant (since it was obvious I was carrying a bag of empty cans and bottles for recycling money). He said that I can come over for a tasty meal whenever I feel like it which is bloody awesome - can't remember when was the last time I ate real meat.

World is a small place, and living near the bus terminal is awesome - you get to meet people, bum cigs and collect bottles&cans. Is this the highlife I always dreamed of? :D

The Saurus posted:

OP it seems like you mainly just throw all your garbage out of the window, have you considered using the City Waste Disposal services offered by Zagrebacki Holding Council, wherein you place your disposed items into large black bags, and leave them on the street once a week for collection?

Our towers in fact have a warning sign on the side of the building; "beware of free-falling objects." Not because there are bits and pieces of masonry falling down (as is common in older parts of Zagreb) but because urban hicks tend to hurl food and trash out the windows. I'm littering only when I'm drunk, but I've seen plastic bottles, loaves of stale bread and meatballs getting airborne. All of this stuff lands on the lawn where it's consumed by birds and cats, and the remainder is picked up by city sanitation workers who are doing a spectacularly good job when you consider the sheer amount of stuff thrown overboard. :D

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
I've been jumping back and forth between your threads. I'm a little confused on timelines and your current situation. What happened to the money from the apartment sale? What is your current situation vis-à-vis drug-usage? Are you still just on tobacco and booze? I seem to remember you using some other poo poo in the course of this thread, but I may be mixing up your stories.

You've mentioned a couple of times that you learned English at least partially from watching subtitled television shows. What percentage of your English prowess do you think comes just from watching those shows?

Do you want to change your life? Do you even want to be alive?

I'd like to see you post more pictures. Even mundane things, like the bottles and the baguette, seem interesting when framed by what we know about your life from these threads.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I wish I could trade old cans for bread. Croatia sounds magical.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug
Last thread you were bragging how you sold the apartment and got 52000 euros for it and here, every time you post, you try to make it sound like you're the poorest fucker in Croatia and only your unrivaled resourcefulness keeps you alive.
What gives?

Disclaimer:

The above statement in no way implicates that you should stop posting about your adventures. Never thought such a soap opera could come out of Croatia . Makes me feel proud.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

steady posted:

Last thread you were bragging how you sold the apartment and got 52000 euros for it and here, every time you post, you try to make it sound like you're the poorest fucker in Croatia and only your unrivaled resourcefulness keeps you alive.
What gives?

Disclaimer:

The above statement in no way implicates that you should stop posting about your adventures. Never thought such a soap opera could come out of Croatia . Makes me feel proud.

I think he bought the studio he currently lives in for that money + lots and lots of drugs. Also cooking chairs aren't cheap. And drugs. Lots of them. It's like a story of Hansel and Gretel but instead of candy the house is made of drugs. "My nigga, have you tried LSD?" asks the witch before snorting the furniture and got baked on chairs.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

No amount of money will keep him from wanting to bum cigarettes outside of bus shelters.

He's like that bum who bought the solid gold house.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

What anime were you watching when you cooked that chair OP?

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
To each their own, but I really think you overcooked the chair and may have a more enjoyable experience if you tried cooking it on a lower heat.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Bloody hell. Looks like I'll have to spend yet another month eating cardboard poo poo. The kid got his salary but the bank foreclosed on all of it since he had some unpaid cellphone bills which date to god knows when - he'll be able to pay me NEXT month - and what's even worse, he's broke as gently caress right now and his dad who lives in Serbia died the other day so he had no option but to hitch a ride from Zagreb to Novi Sad in order to attend the funeral as he couldn't afford to pay a regular bus fare.

I know goons are going to jump on my rear end for letting him freeload for another month, but look at this mess in this way: if I kicked him out now, he would have lost his job, an apartment AND he wouldn't be able to attend his dad's funeral - I would have basically ruined his life - but I'm not that much of a Hitl0rz.

The kid has a solid track record and I'm willing to cut him some slack.

The good thing is that I'm getting 200€ in the following days, probably tomorrow, from the other kid. That will keep me going until the next month.

This is not the point of this post though. Looks like it'll be me who'll have to deal with Uncle Bruno's poo poo. I'll have to leave Zagreb for a few weeks until the Shithouse is cleared out and ready for sale - what's the problem at this point is that I want to get me a job because I'm tired of being bored and poor. If I got me a job I wouldn't be able to tend to the house. My grandmotherly grandma couldn't come up with a definitive answer to my question so I'm turning to you goons: should I wait for a few months more with this job thing just so I'd be able to toss Bruno's poo poo out and sell the house? Half the property is already mine and I could make a tidy profit on it. At this point I'm not counting on my relatives from Germany to manage the sheer mess Bruno left behind himself.

Centripetal Horse posted:

I've been jumping back and forth between your threads. I'm a little confused on timelines and your current situation. What happened to the money from the apartment sale? What is your current situation vis-à-vis drug-usage? Are you still just on tobacco and booze? I seem to remember you using some other poo poo in the course of this thread, but I may be mixing up your stories.

You've mentioned a couple of times that you learned English at least partially from watching subtitled television shows. What percentage of your English prowess do you think comes just from watching those shows?

Do you want to change your life? Do you even want to be alive?

I'd like to see you post more pictures. Even mundane things, like the bottles and the baguette, seem interesting when framed by what we know about your life from these threads.

I bought studio #3 apartment with that money, the kid lives in that apartment at the moment. Everything was fine up until two months ago. I reckon that most of my american slang comes from watching subtitled BBC shows, it's hard to put a finger on it but yeah, slang comes from television.

I do want to change my life. I stopped buying illegal drugs, the only thing I'm still doing is getting wrecked on perscription meds once every blue moon - and it's usually Biperiden which I'm getting for free anyways (yay universal healthcare!)

As for the "do you want to be alive" question, I'm kinda torn between "no" and "not in this way." That's why I want to find a job - doesn't matter how crappy it is - I've already stopped drinking and smoking yet Uncle Bruno's poo poo keeps bogging me down.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

How does the Croatian clay compare to it's Serbian counterpart?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Hang in there SFB.

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

We're here to make coffee metal. We're here to make everything metal.
You manage more properties than most people, you should know better than us whether it's worth taking care of that property or ignoring it.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

I bought studio #3 apartment with that money, the kid lives in that apartment at the moment. Everything was fine up until two months ago. I reckon that most of my american slang comes from watching subtitled BBC shows, it's hard to put a finger on it but yeah, slang comes from television.

Just the slang? Did you study the language in school, also?

I do want to change my life. I stopped buying illegal drugs, the only thing I'm still doing is getting wrecked on perscription meds once every blue moon - and it's usually Biperiden which I'm getting for free anyways (yay universal healthcare!)

I guess that's a step in the right direction. Do you think you can keep it to "once in a blue moon," or do you feel yourself wanting to fall back into using a lot?

As for the "do you want to be alive" question, I'm kinda torn between "no" and "not in this way." That's why I want to find a job - doesn't matter how crappy it is - I've already stopped drinking and smoking yet Uncle Bruno's poo poo keeps bogging me down.

I'm sorry to hear that. I feel much the same about my own life. You get a lot of grief in this thread, but I enjoy your stories, and I hope you get whatever help you need to straighten out your situation. I know what it's like to exist in that state of not wanting to go on, but feeling unable to call it quits, and unable to change your situation. I'm not sure if I'm better off or worse off for not being a recreational drug user, but I figure now is probably not the time to pick up any new and expensive habits.

What's the Status on the Bruno situation? Last I read, you'd discovered some savings and some stocks that you were going to liquidate to help cover his debts, and the building he left behind was worthless. Is there any way for you to benefit from Uncle Bruno's estate at this point?

You seem to take it very well when people dump on you in your threads, but I doubt it's much fun when that happens. For the record, we're not all watching and hoping for a continuing train wreck. I really want to check in here one day soon and see that you've gotten a new job, and your bills are all paid, and read a post where you seem genuinely happy and hopeful. Good luck.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
I just wanted to say that I've read this whole thread over the past two days and I've really enjoyed it - you're an interesting person, OP :) Thank you for sharing your life with us!

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Just the slang? Did you study the language in school, also?

We had mandatory English starting from fifth grade. The funny thing was that I wasn't really good at English until I got me a computer and started writing lovely animu fanfics. This forced me to think in English, and the rest is history.

I guess that's a step in the right direction. Do you think you can keep it to "once in a blue moon," or do you feel yourself wanting to fall back into using a lot?

The first few months after kicking pills I had recurrent dreams about using. Fortunately, all of that is behind me, and what's even better, if I need to take a painkiller pill (for a legitimate medical use) I feel this strange nagging guilt. Same goes for booze.

What's the Status on the Bruno situation? Last I read, you'd discovered some savings and some stocks that you were going to liquidate to help cover his debts, and the building he left behind was worthless. Is there any way for you to benefit from Uncle Bruno's estate at this point?

Nothing is happening ATM. We are waiting for the tourist season to wane before we tear the place apart. Precisely half estate is mine and my intention is to sell it and since the law is on my side, push the remaining co-owners out of the house. I can make a tidy profit on it, maybe I'll get myself enough money to buy yet another studio in Zagreb.

Funny thing about the kid who is late with the rent - he returned from Serbia after attending his dad's funeral, and when I told him he can stay another month till he pulls his finances together, he was overjoyed to the point where he called me kinder than his own mom, and if we weren't texting, he'd probably kiss the ground I walked upon. Anyways, the kid is definitely a keeper, been thinking that way for a really long time now.

You seem to take it very well when people dump on you in your threads, but I doubt it's much fun when that happens. For the record, we're not all watching and hoping for a continuing train wreck. I really want to check in here one day soon and see that you've gotten a new job, and your bills are all paid, and read a post where you seem genuinely happy and hopeful. Good luck.

Thank you. :)

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

We had mandatory English starting from fifth grade. The funny thing was that I wasn't really good at English until I got me a computer and started writing lovely animu fanfics. This forced me to think in English, and the rest is history.

Hah, that's funny. Did you write them in English because there's no audience in your native language?

The first few months after kicking pills I had recurrent dreams about using. Fortunately, all of that is behind me, and what's even better, if I need to take a painkiller pill (for a legitimate medical use) I feel this strange nagging guilt. Same goes for booze.

Good, I hope that all stays behind you. As amusing as the stories are, wandering around high as balls all the time is probably not a viable long-term strategy.

Nothing is happening ATM. We are waiting for the tourist season to wane before we tear the place apart. Precisely half estate is mine and my intention is to sell it and since the law is on my side, push the remaining co-owners out of the house. I can make a tidy profit on it, maybe I'll get myself enough money to buy yet another studio in Zagreb.

Funny thing about the kid who is late with the rent - he returned from Serbia after attending his dad's funeral, and when I told him he can stay another month till he pulls his finances together, he was overjoyed to the point where he called me kinder than his own mom, and if we weren't texting, he'd probably kiss the ground I walked upon. Anyways, the kid is definitely a keeper, been thinking that way for a really long time now.

Would that be your plan? Extend your holdings and take on another tenant? You don't seem to have the best luck with that, but I don't know what other options you have. Is the kid a keeper because you like him, or is it that a tenant who pays his rent at least some of the time is really hard to find on the Zagreb rental market?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

I reckon that most of my american slang comes from watching subtitled BBC shows, it's hard to put a finger on it but yeah, slang comes from television.

Wait, how does one learn American slang watching British Broadcasting Service? Do they American programming as well?
Do you say "aluminum" or "aluminium"?

Also, you say you write a lot of animu fanfics, does this ever motivate you to learn Japanese? I find it somewhat amusing that Japan's media caused you to learn a completely different language. Though understandable. I am also curious if Croatia has a large anime fanbase. Do you get manga and shows translated into Croatian or anything or do you watch in English?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Shadow0 posted:

Wait, how does one learn American slang watching British Broadcasting Service? Do they American programming as well?
Do you say "aluminum" or "aluminium"?

I speak a weird mishmash of American/British english. I'm fine with that, as long as people can understand me.

Shadow0 posted:

Also, you say you write a lot of animu fanfics, does this ever motivate you to learn Japanese? I find it somewhat amusing that Japan's media caused you to learn a completely different language. Though understandable.

I saw this as a personal challenge. I wrote animu subtitles for a certain lovely anime show, armed with nothing but a dictionary and lots upon lots of time. Also, I like Japanese music, and the gotcha about this is that's easy to memorize the lyrics - it's much easier to memorize new words if you've got a melody attached to them, a sort of mnemonics if you'd like.
I don't like modern J-pop crap. My favorites are old-school folk songs (enka), pre-1970s.

Shadow0 posted:

I am also curious if Croatia has a large anime fanbase. Do you get manga and shows translated into Croatian or anything or do you watch in English?

These never really caught on in Croatia. You can buy croatian-translated manga at ludicrously high prices but I don't know anyone who can afford it. As far as anime is concerned, we occasionally get some old shows aimed at small children. Not that it concerns me, really, I've already given up on television in general. I'm getting my anime fix from the internet, subbed in good ol' English.

I have some good news though! I got in contact with Dad the dad tenant and we struck a deal that he'll gradually repay me what he owes me - I'll be getting $100 a month from him, starting in October. This isn't a lot of money, but at least I won't have to dumpster dive again.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

I have some good news though! I got in contact with Dad the dad tenant and we struck a deal that he'll gradually repay me what he owes me - I'll be getting $100 a month from him, starting in October. This isn't a lot of money, but at least I won't have to dumpster dive again.

I can't remember why this guy still owes you money.Why does he still owe you money? Hasn't he been pretty unreliable with paying you in the past? I feel like he's promised to pay you several times.

How far does $100 stretch for you? Like, "I can eat for x days on $100."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

I can't remember why this guy still owes you money.Why does he still owe you money? Hasn't he been pretty unreliable with paying you in the past? I feel like he's promised to pay you several times.

How far does $100 stretch for you? Like, "I can eat for x days on $100."

Lots of unpaid rent and utilities that accumulated before I evicted him and sold the apartment. For $100 I can eat about two weeks (as I said, it's not a lot of money but every penny counts.)