Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
So what's the cheapest way to get this mount if I have no friends? Subscribe for a bunch of months on one account? Or buy multiple copies and sub for 3 months?

Edit: If I understand this correctly you get 5 feathers for them buying the game through you using your code. And you get 5 more feathers for 150 days subbed. So I have an account that a friend bought 120 days on through GTC with my code but they don't play anymore. If I buy another 30 days through GTC and then I buy another game but don't sub I should be good right?

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Eej posted:

Oh hey, Lucrezia downed A3S. I wonder what kind of gear they're wearing.

Oh. :stare:

Doesn't even have the Esoterics weapon yet. Hardcore my rear end! :colbert:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

There is, and it does. My box had 15 feathers in it when I logged it and was unable to accept more campaign letters. So I deleted the three that used to have Gold Feathers in them, hit Send Reward Delivery, and got the last package of 5+Fist Bump item in seconds.

Thanks for this. I tried deleting all my old campaign letters (even though my mailbox was only at 13/20 capacity), relogged, and got the rest of my feathers. Got all 30 of them now!

e: I grabbed both the mounts, and still have 7 feathers left over. Did SE ever mention if they were going to add more feather rewards in the future, or should i just stock up on jet black dye with the rest of them?

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 30, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

cheetah7071 posted:

Level 52 is a CD. Level 54 is another CD. Levels 56 and 58 are the combo extenders, and level 60 is geiskogul (which is rad and now the best part of the class).

So nothing changed really about playing up to 56 then? That's good.

Question about Geirskogul while I'm here, and I hope this doesn't sound daft, what makes it so rad? I look at it and from the text I kind of see not much more than a slightly more powerful Howling Fist (less powerful if you count GL3) with a finickier "cooldown". :shrug:

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Freak Futanari posted:

Thanks for this. I tried deleting all my old campaign letters (even though my mailbox was only at 13/20 capacity), relogged, and got the rest of my feathers. Got all 30 of them now!

e: I grabbed both the mounts, and still have 7 feathers left over. Did SE ever mention if they were going to add more feather rewards in the future, or should i just stock up on jet black dye with the rest of them?

Yeah this worked for me as well. I was well under my limit but nuking my old letters and hitting re-request sorted me out.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

So nothing changed really about playing up to 56 then? That's good.

Question about Geirskogul while I'm here, and I hope this doesn't sound daft, what makes it so rad? I look at it and from the text I kind of see not much more than a slightly more powerful Howling Fist (less powerful if you count GL3) with a finickier "cooldown". :shrug:

Geirskogul is off the global cooldown and has a much shorter cooldown. It chews up some of your BotD time but in there lies the game of keeping it online as long as possible by landing your combos while getting as many Geirskogul's off as you can.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
It's a doom spike that hits harder, is oGCD, has a wider area of effect and has a rad animation

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 30, 2015

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Mr. Nice! posted:

I was third DPS as a PLD MT last night during an A1 run. I never really parsed a pubbie run before and was a bit surprised by the outcome.

I've been using ACT for a couple weeks now and the pubbie DPS has been goddamn morbid more often than not. I really need to do EXDR/HLDR more often with goons since it's starting to make my brain hurt.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ignimbrite posted:

It's a doom spike that hits harder, is oGCD, has a wider area of effect and has a rad animation

A lot to be said about rad animations for sure :v: That's why I was comparing it to Howling Fist from MNK instead of Doom Spike, though, because it's the same in the sense that it's oGCD and really wide. Doesn't Geirskogul average out to be about a minute cooldown? Thought I read that somewhere.

(I know I'm being dumb because a line AoE oGCD is still something that DRG didn't have before, regardless of what other classes have; I just can't help comparing since I already have MNK at 60. :shobon:)

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Ciaphas posted:

A lot to be said about rad animations for sure :v: That's why I was comparing it to Howling Fist from MNK instead of Doom Spike, though, because it's the same in the sense that it's oGCD and really wide. Doesn't Geirskogul average out to be about a minute cooldown? Thought I read that somewhere.

(I know I'm being dumb because a line AoE oGCD is still something that DRG didn't have before, regardless of what other classes have; I just can't help comparing since I already have MNK at 60. :shobon:)

It's every 20s or so.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer
Should you be getting the RAF rewards just after you buy the game? Or do you have to pay for a subscription as well. My buddy just wants his leveling hat

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm thinking about coming back to this game. I want to start over on a new character because I didn't really enjoy the jobs or classes or whatever they are called that I leveled and I skipped all the cutscenes and story stuff which are supposed to be good. Is there anything that is worthwhile about Heavensward that will make leveling up to 50 better? Or can I wait to buy it later on?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

cheesetriangles posted:

I'm thinking about coming back to this game. I want to start over on a new character because I didn't really enjoy the jobs or classes or whatever they are called that I leveled and I skipped all the cutscenes and story stuff which are supposed to be good. Is there anything that is worthwhile about Heavensward that will make leveling up to 50 better? Or can I wait to buy it later on?

The only benefit to heavensward pre-50 is that you can be a dragon person.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Holyshoot posted:

So what's the cheapest way to get this mount if I have no friends? Subscribe for a bunch of months on one account? Or buy multiple copies and sub for 3 months?

Edit: If I understand this correctly you get 5 feathers for them buying the game through you using your code. And you get 5 more feathers for 150 days subbed. So I have an account that a friend bought 120 days on through GTC with my code but they don't play anymore. If I buy another 30 days through GTC and then I buy another game but don't sub I should be good right?

$30 bucks if you can get cd keys for $10.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Geirskogul is really sweet and you can get in at least three per BoD cooldown. With a fast enough GCD, you can get 4.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Leveling hat requires paid time, chocobo feathers just require non-trial account

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Is it me, or did a bunch of characters get new VAs between ARR and HW?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

if you play with English audio for some dumb reason, yes they did

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ilifinicus posted:

If I play with Japanese voices senipai YoshiP will notice me.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Merlwyb's new voice is especially annoying to me. She sounds like a completely different person and not nearly as cool as before.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!
People from an English speaking comedy forum listening to the English VAs?!

Sentient Data posted:

Leveling hat requires paid time, chocobo feathers just require non-trial account

This is a dumb question, but uh, what is the difference between those two?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Merlwyb's new voice is especially annoying to me. She sounds like a completely different person and not nearly as cool as before.

She was never cool

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Vahalla posted:

Paying for your first month versus paying for a key.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Vahalla posted:

Silver feathers buy leveling gear for the newbie. Gold buys the referrer a twintania mount and dyes.

ed: misread

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Countblanc posted:

She was never cool

Seven Hells!!

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Countblanc posted:

She was never cool

Armorer 50.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

bonewitch posted:

It's every 20s or so.

Well then I was dead wrong as always it seems!! Glad I asked. Thanks :)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ilifinicus posted:

I played with the JP audio during 99% of ARR because gently caress Minfilia oh my god, so I didn't notice the changing actors. I've found the english VO work in HW to be quite good, really. :shobon:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So is the Amber Draught Chocobo a two-person flying mount? Is Twintania a two-person flying mount?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Countblanc posted:

She was never cool

i will fight u irl

(most of the new voices are for the better but drat do I miss the old Merlwyb)

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I only want a 2-person flying mount if my chocobro can take the second seat :colbert:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
'Reward items for 150 days, 210 days, and 270 days will be sent out in sequence after July 2015' is still confusing. Have all Golden Feathers been sent out, or has this current round just been for the initial recruiting rewards and there are more to come?

VVV Cheers.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 30, 2015

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
jfc they've all been sent out

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

SirPhoebos posted:

Is it me, or did a bunch of characters get new VAs between ARR and HW?

Real answer: yes, for reasons they haven't quite explained yet, SE began transitioning to a London-based recording studio in 2.4 for the Ishgardian characters, and with Heavensward moved English voice production over there completely, with the attendant role changes for the non-Ishgardian cast. (The old voice recording had been done in Los Angeles.) As a result, there's actually a fair number of Xenoblade veterans among the cast now - Tataru is Fiora, which is basically the best thing, and Pipin, for all he doesn't get a ton of screentime this expansion so far, is Shulk. Sadly, no Jay Taylor (Reyn) or Rufus Jones (Dunban), though with Jones that's probably because he's busy as hell. We also got David Warner (Jon Irenicus, Chancellor Gorkon, et cetera) as Edmont, which just owns.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Holyshoot posted:

If I play with Japanese voices senipai YoshiP will notice me.

Are you the goon running the anti-anrgyjoeshow blog? He says the exact same stuff.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

So is the Amber Draught Chocobo a two-person flying mount?

Nope. Don't make the same mistake I did.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Athenry posted:

Paying for your first month versus paying for a key.

Thanks, that's super clear. So if a dumb nerd whose friends recruited him wanted a twin mount, you'd need to pay for 3 keys? That's fairly steep. Time to wait for a gmg sale!

Come As You SARS
Jul 27, 2015

SpaceDrake posted:

Real answer: yes, for reasons they haven't quite explained yet, SE began transitioning to a London-based recording studio in 2.4 for the Ishgardian characters, and with Heavensward moved English voice production over there completely, with the attendant role changes for the non-Ishgardian cast. (The old voice recording had been done in Los Angeles.) As a result, there's actually a fair number of Xenoblade veterans among the cast now - Tataru is Fiora, which is basically the best thing, and Pipin, for all he doesn't get a ton of screentime this expansion so far, is Shulk. Sadly, no Jay Taylor (Reyn) or Rufus Jones (Dunban), though with Jones that's probably because he's busy as hell. We also got David Warner (Jon Irenicus, Chancellor Gorkon, et cetera) as Edmont, which just owns.

I am digging the new voices I just need some Reyn Time and im all set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

The English voice cast in HW is really loving good. If you ran JP for ARR, I suggest you at least give English a shot for HW.

• Locked thread