Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

You are the number 42 because you understand the reference

Nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Diqnol do my number thang

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

That appears to be a small mouth bass.

And you appear to be terrified of either holding the fish or that the camera is about to steal your soul.

Actually looking at it a little more, I think it's probably a large mouth bass.

But you still look like the camera is about to steal your soul.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

bowmore posted:

Diqnol do my number thang

You are the number 101, a number you wouldn't think is prime but is, because however I look at you I always see the same person and that person is always steadfast.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thanks diqnol :)

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Bowmore Prime

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

what

what

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If they were really good at cheating we wouldn't know :colbert:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I hope the NFL makes Tom Brady eat a bug.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Mithross posted:

Quote this post and I will tell you what silly/stupid dinner order (that I've actually had someone order from me) you are.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Quote this post and I'll tell you the first swear word that comes to mind when I think of you.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

CapitalistPig posted:

Quote this post and I'll tell you the first swear word that comes to mind when I think of you.

Boom

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Hooray

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

CapitalistPig posted:

I wonder....

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Shitball

Fartfucker

dicknose

Meinberg posted:

I wonder....

god DAMMIT

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

CapitalistPig posted:

First one of these I'm actually interested in.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

CapitalistPig posted:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CapitalistPig posted:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

in

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

First one of these I'm actually interested in.

Cocklord

The Pissinator

HOLY BALL gently caress

Bloody Shitass

Son of a motherless goat

son of a whore

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

sweet jesus

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Requesting name change

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

CapitalistPig posted:

I muft know

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Quote this post with another quote this post

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
hey yall jakep here comin at you live from MetroWest boston suburbs to say that Tom Bradley of the Boston Americans is a genuinely good dude and not a cheater at all, thanks for listning

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

The experienced wangsman

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JakeP posted:

hey yall jakep here comin at you live from MetroWest boston suburbs to say that Tom Bradley of the Boston Americans is a genuinely good dude and not a cheater at all, thanks for listning

I heard he was gay because he deflated other dudes balls

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

I heard he was gay because he deflated other dudes balls

he just handled them someone else deflated them, and bradley likes his balls a little softer than the average ball thrower

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

If the patriots aren't assholes, then how come they live in New England? Myth busted, outlaw everything north of New York City.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Even Canada?

Especially Canada.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

halp

I hate epistemology

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Join my CYOR game guys. Signups open for a few more days.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3733216

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

Of course it's stabbing you in the hand, you're holding it backwards. Four fingers on top, thumb underneath, slide the hand from the mouth down to hold the fins flat against the fish. Hold firmly, and you'll never get stabbed.

Ah interesting, I'll keep this in mind. I already press and slide down to the tail, but I hadn't heard about the fingers on top thumb down thing.

The stabbing didn't actually happen when the pic was taken, I was sort of it playing up for the camera. It happened when I was literally about to throw the fish back in and my dad told me to wait. I pulled the fish back into the boat and it slid out of my hand and stabbed me when I reached for it. (It was a tiny fish dad, why did you make me do this)

TMMadman posted:

That appears to be a small mouth bass.

And you appear to be terrified of either holding the fish or that the camera is about to steal your soul.

It is in fact a Rock Bass:

Some key features for identification include the speckled rather than striped pattern, the reddish colour of the eyes and the prominent eye spot above the pectoral fins.

The eye spot is a pretty neat defense feature. As the name implies it's intended to look like an eye, which makes the fish look like it has a bigger head. This in turn makes predators assume it has a bigger body because fish figure these things out by sort of landmarking features in comparison to each other.

See it for yourself, I've put a box over the real eye and now your brain probably sees the fish head as massive:

Rock Bass actually have another neat defence feature where they can change the colour of their skin to match their surroundings. Nothing drastic, their skin ranges from a ruddy brown to a yellowy gold.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I have to write 5 papers this week and the middle school show I've been directing is opening and closing on Friday and my birthday was this past Tuesday AND my girlfriend's birthday was yesterday so I haven't worked on any of them and most importantly I don't want to even write five papers!!!!

Is it next week yet

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

CapitalistPig posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Quidnose posted:

I have to write 5 papers this week and the middle school show I've been directing is opening and closing on Friday and my birthday was this past Tuesday AND my girlfriend's birthday was yesterday so I haven't worked on any of them and most importantly I don't want to even write five papers!!!!

Is it next week yet

I'll ghostwrite yr paper bb