Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, they had nothing to show. You either bury Audrey as a pathetic crazy person or just sugar coat it. I didn't like that the family member said she was getting isolated by the house but otherwise its what I expected the show to do. Beating up on Audrey would have just come off ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Wait, Audrey's family sent her to christian conversion camp? Goddamnit, the segment with her family almost sounded good and heartwarming. :(

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Wait, Audrey's family sent her to christian conversion camp? Goddamnit, the segment with her family almost sounded good and heartwarming. :(

That's a story Audrey told the house, that she got the whole "kidnapped in the middle of the night" treatment.

Of course, Audrey's a pathological liar so take it for what it is.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

STAC Goat posted:

That's a story Audrey told the house, that she got the whole "kidnapped in the middle of the night" treatment.

Of course, Audrey's a pathological liar so take it for what it is.

Given what is know about Conversion camps and things I honestly think that story happened.

Her family seems pretty accepting now, but I'm guessing there was a time they thought Jesus needed to save her.

*edit*
I wish they had shown James hit on her and more of the crazy Audrey stuff, which would have ground things a little more.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
You know, it's a bit trite, but I thought the Audrey/Steve conversation on the hammock was :3:

I have a lot of friends of a lot of persuasions and terminologies, and I found Audrey's use of the simple 'female' so loving refreshing. No trans this cis that, I'm a goddamn girl. That ruled.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
I love the "you took my nominees out of my mouth", Vanessa played that really well.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

rafington posted:

I love the "you took my nominees out of my mouth", Vanessa played that really well.

Yeah that's such an awkward situation to be in (for Van I mean).

I'm so not a fan of Jackie - everything about her rubs me the wrong way.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Any explanation why the weekly takeover was suddenly dropped?

The whole Battle of the Block comps seem pointless when there's always someone deliberately throwing it.

edit: except Jason is even bad at sabotage.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jul 27, 2015

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Hahah, the outcome of this BOB made for delicious feeds. GO LIZ. Seeing someone flip the tables on that poo poo is hilarious.

ChosenbytheZetans
Jan 21, 2013

Teek posted:

Hahah, the outcome of this BOB made for delicious feeds. GO LIZ. Seeing someone flip the tables on that poo poo is hilarious.

As much as I love seeing a plan fall apart, my overwhelming dislike for Austin has me disappointed. Julia should have clued Liz in on what is going on probably.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I have zero clue as to why Austin thought that was a good game move, but it doesn't surprise me, because he's been making a number of questionable moves. He doesn't seem able to accurately assess his audience, as in, he doesn't know that Vanessa knows he's lying and that Jason is going to tell his allies about their discussion.

I doubt it will happen, but if this week ends with Clay going home, I'll be a happy man.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I guess every week will feature "Awkward Steve Moment".

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
Yessss I like this Steve

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Did you catch the tacky sound effect when in Becky's DR before the POV she said...

"(blah blah something about winning the event) or I'm roadkill!" **TRAIN SOUND**

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Crazy Vanessa is crazy...

God she needs to be knocked down a peg or 5.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

Robnoxious posted:

Did you catch the tacky sound effect when in Becky's DR before the POV she said...

"(blah blah something about winning the event) or I'm roadkill!" **TRAIN SOUND**

Yeah I'm not a fan of the sound effects in DRs this season.

Robnoxious posted:

Crazy Vanessa is crazy...

God she needs to be knocked down a peg or 5.

The weird thing is it seems to be working for her, she just admitted she planned to backdoor Austin and now he trusts her even more.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Ahaha, Meg got dissed in the Malibu.

Go lean on something in rage, Meg.
Also, shut up Meg.

No Bloomin' Onion?
loving fail!

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

"How will the house react when the twins enter the house?"

Ummm, they'll be nonplussed because even Stevie Wonder sees this coming.
Way to hype absolute gently caress-all CBS, you know the Twin Reveal will go over like a wet fart.
Why even try?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
For what it's worth, there were several other things playing into the unneeded replacement nomination mess, including Austin's hinky Audrey vote being revealed to Vanessa and Shelli/Clay by way of Julia and becoming an issue, and an apparent non-throw of the BOB by James, when he pointed out a missing letter.

Vanessa dug her grave on that poo poo early on, if anyone is to blame for it becoming a mess, it was of her own doing.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Its funny watching Vanessa and her alliance strategize and get so torn up about a game that they are playing against inanimate objects.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Robnoxious posted:

Ahaha I missed that! What's the actual story behind the "hit in the face with a train" thing? I've only ever heard that phrase in a joking manner, never the whole story.

I love that James didn't invite Meg, then later was looking for a kiss at dinner. :cheerdoge: Does he have a thing for Becky?

Capt. Supermarket
Sep 30, 2007
Doesn't James have a thing for everyone?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Britt Burns posted:

Ahaha I missed that! What's the actual story behind the "hit in the face with a train" thing? I've only ever heard that phrase in a joking manner, never the whole story
The broadcast aired Becky's train story... I dunno when but it was one of those non-sequitur segments just thrown in **just because** and it came complete with the Train SFX.

Here it is as broadcasted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Bf--yckIs

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

When she was living in Germany she legit got hit by a tram and got all f'd up like she said. It's funny how the editors are throwing in comical sound effects about that considering. But I mean actually funny

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Is anyone beside The Sixth Sense (I think this is their name) playing the game, or are the TV edits just skipping a whole bunch of stuff? I have no idea what any of the HGs are even doing in the game.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nah, the tv edit is pretty accurate. The Sixth Sense are basically playing against themselves.

The most gaming anyone else in the house has done in a month was earlier this week with the Austin backdoor plan/"Dark Moon" alliance that was entirely driven by the Sixth Sense.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Robnoxious posted:

"How will the house react when the twins enter the house?"

Ummm, they'll be nonplussed because even Stevie Wonder sees this coming.
Way to hype absolute gently caress-all CBS, you know the Twin Reveal will go over like a wet fart.
Why even try?

I'm not actually sure on this. Sure everyone knows that Liz and Julia are twins, but I don't think everyone knows that they are both entering the game this week. It might throw some people off. Especially if they have Julia enter the game after they both vote to evict together. One twin goes in to vote both twins come out. Might get quite the reaction from folks outside the sixth sense.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's not going to be any surprise about Julia but there still will probably be a little excitement about "meeting" her for the first time as Julia instead of Liz.

And the whole Austin thing could actually sort of turn the Twist around. The HGs won't be shocked but Julia might be shocked when she enters to everyone saying her name and Austin safe in Sixth Sense. She left the house loathing him and expecting him to be backdoored. And still pretending to be Liz and everyone playing along.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I'm not actually sure on this. Sure everyone knows that Liz and Julia are twins, but I don't think everyone knows that they are both entering the game this week. It might throw some people off. Especially if they have Julia enter the game after they both vote to evict together. One twin goes in to vote both twins come out. Might get quite the reaction from folks outside the sixth sense.
Word down in "The Streets" is the next Twistos Twist is Julia emerges and Liz become immediate co-HOHs to advance the week (ie- no HOH comp is performed).

There hasn't been a *cough* GAMECHANGER! *cough* since Week 2.

It could happen.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop

Robnoxious posted:

Word down in "The Streets" is the next Twistos Twist is Julia emerges and Liz become immediate co-HOHs to advance the week (ie- no HOH comp is performed).

There hasn't been a *cough* GAMECHANGER! *cough* since Week 2.

It could happen.

Like... I'm pretty sure you're kidding but that would totally be a thing Twistos would do and as a huge BBCan fan, I would really enjoy the ensuing shitstorm.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

So my namesake Austin is definitely a moron and looks pretty bad with the whole Liz thing, but I do feel bad for him, too. Liz needs to stop leading him on. This is not some kind of misogynist "she's asking for it" kind of thing at all. It's about abusing someone's emotions, which I think she is doing.

Do people here agree? Or is the fact that it's Big Brother and he could go Caleb on her and try to vote her out enough of a reason for Liz to maintain the status quo and keep leading him on for her own protection? I do not think so, because it is clear that Austin does not have the influence to get her voted out. So she should be straight with him.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I think most of the weird cat lady feed watchers think he's a creepy rapist. But I agree that she's led him on. The only thing I think he's guilty of is being a loser and a bad BB player.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

He's not Caleb by any stretch, he's much more mentally stable and has admitted that he falls in love too easy. I feel like if Liz had "the talk" with him, he'd be fine and the alliance would stick together.

She's obviously fine with the status quo of him being led on and acting as a meat shield for her. How you feel about her game should depend on if you feel this is a valid game tactic.

I am hoping that Vanessa or Julia convinces Liz to come clean, because I am rooting for that group and I don't like the tactic very much.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

In the context of the game, I think ANYTHING is a viable game tactic. If she won because Austin fell in love with her and then she gutted him in the worst way possible, but that made her win, I'd say "good job," but I'd also think she was a lovely person

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm in the middle with both of them.

Austin is a love struck idiot who probably moves too fast and puts Liz in a bad position, but she's never once given him a true rejection so I feel bad that he's getting played and don't think he's anywhere near Caleb territory.

Liz seems to genuinely like Austin and I think this whole thing just got away from her and she doesn't know how to fix it without risking her game, but she also led Austin on and continues to do so so she created this whole mess and keeps making it worse. If she had just politely turned him down three weeks ago this probably would have never been an issue. But she put her game ahead of Austin's feelings so that's at least a little dirty, even if I don't think she's at BB4 Alison levels or anything.

And yeah it puts the Vanessas and Julias in a terrible position. On one hand they're listening to Liz complain that she's stuck and doesn't like Austin and on the other they're watching her constantly encourage it. One of them is going to say/do something eventually and it might end up reflecting bad on Liz if she comes off as a player and manipulator.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

STAC Goat posted:

I'm in the middle with both of them.

Austin is a love struck idiot who probably moves too fast and puts Liz in a bad position, but she's never once given him a true rejection so I feel bad that he's getting played and don't think he's anywhere near Caleb territory.

Liz seems to genuinely like Austin and I think this whole thing just got away from her and she doesn't know how to fix it without risking her game, but she also led Austin on and continues to do so so she created this whole mess and keeps making it worse. If she had just politely turned him down three weeks ago this probably would have never been an issue. But she put her game ahead of Austin's feelings so that's at least a little dirty, even if I don't think she's at BB4 Alison levels or anything.

And yeah it puts the Vanessas and Julias in a terrible position. On one hand they're listening to Liz complain that she's stuck and doesn't like Austin and on the other they're watching her constantly encourage it. One of them is going to say/do something eventually and it might end up reflecting bad on Liz if she comes off as a player and manipulator.

Julia will for sure say something as she had a bit of a crush on Austin but backed off

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Maybe. She also left the house this weekend "loathing" Austin and expecting him to be backdoored because he "betrayed" her.

So there's definitely going to be some kind of conversation between Julia and Liz tonight about Austin and what the gently caress is going on. Probably Julia/Vanessa too.

But I was thinking more that eventually someone's going to say something to Austin. Sooner or later someone's going to say "Dude, she's telling everyone that she's not into you so be careful."

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

blue squares posted:

In the context of the game, I think ANYTHING is a viable game tactic. If she won because Austin fell in love with her and then she gutted him in the worst way possible, but that made her win, I'd say "good job," but I'd also think she was a lovely person

I really don't think it makes her a lovely person at all. One of the biggest purposes of a showmance is to have each other's back. I mean it sucks for Austin that he can't read women properly at all, but she does have his back in the game, and if she didn't play him the twins would be the whole house's target until they're both out. Liz playing things smoothly and presenting the twins and Austin as these loyal ride or die airheads that won't make a move is a really good strategy.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

For what it's worth she also had the DR entry where she seemed really torn up about it, so it's not like she's leading him on purely for game and then laughing about it behind his back or whatever, which I think would definitely make her a much shittier person. I do think she should have handled it differently to begin with but I can also kind of see it from her perspective - you're in this small house with a bunch of people and if something blows up, you can't exactly just "sever" and walk away from the person. I do think Austin could handle being let down but now it's extra awkward because it's gone on for so long.

Had a chance to watch the episode this morning - the part with Steve & the camera was hilarious but the part where he took delight in Becky's suffering was a lot more weird. Johnny Mac adorable as always - "god, it's like getting called into work on the weekend" wrt being picked to play the veto despite not being a nominee for once.

It's interesting because this is the first time I'm watching a season air and watching feeds at the same time (I actually only discovered BB last year and have since watched quite a few of the seasons). They did show the whole "backdoor Austin --> wait we need numbers --> ok let's backdoor someone else, like Jason" thing but on the feeds it was waaaay more drawn out and complicated and actually kind of entertaining. Regardless I think the idea to backdoor Austin had been way too hasty and not thought out anyway (why not confront him about his lies instead of making it this whole big blowup in the first place?) and Vanessa is being way too emotional about things, which is too bad, because I think she'd be a great player if she didn't appear so manic half the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The idea to backdoor Austin was too hasty but once enacted it would have been best for their games if Jackie kept HOH and went through with it for them. Now they are very exposed. If someone outside the Sixth Sense gets HOH then someone from that alliance is going home.

• Locked thread