Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Hatebag posted:

That may be the bad kind of sore since that interval between reps is when you're supposed to realign your spine afaik.

Yeah I only do the hard kind when my trainer is coaching me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Lmao if you're beta enough to pay for a trainer

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

More like training.

Like training bra

Because you're a bitch

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Hatebag posted:

That may be the bad kind of sore since that interval between reps is when you're supposed to realign your spine afaik.

Your spine shouldn't get out of alignment. Where the gently caress do you guys get this poo poo? Chiropractors?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Dum Cumpster posted:

Your spine shouldn't get out of alignment. Where the gently caress do you guys get this poo poo? Chiropractors?

lol I was not talking quack poo poo. I meant that you reposition yourself. I learned it from stronglifts!

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Hatebag posted:

lol I was not talking quack poo poo. I meant that you reposition yourself. I learned it from stronglifts!

From you dad!

If you don't rest the weight between sets you just need to use a weight you can keep proper form with through the whole set. Hence it being hard.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Lmao if you're beta enough to pay for a trainer

I'm way more beta than you can ever hope to be bitch

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

man the internet really loving loves starting strength like i just want to pick up heavy stuff and put it back down again but holy poo poo everytime you mention weights outside of this here thread it's GODDAMN STARTING STERNFGTH MAN WHERE ARE YOU AT HAVE YOU READ THE BOOK DONT DO ANYTHING ELSE YOULL PROBABLY KILL URSELF

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I'm gonna write a weight lifting book and self publish it on amazon hold on brb

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
The internet, repository of all of modern man's knowledge is, on aggregate, completely terrible and dumb about most things

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

sorry man i spent an hour lifting things i wanted to lift and now i'm dead

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
It's it better to lift very heavy weights for lots of reps or very heavy weights for less reps?

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

notZaar posted:

It's it better to lift very heavy weights for lots of reps or very heavy weights for less reps?

be fat die young

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aralan posted:

The internet, repository of all of modern man's knowledge is, on aggregate, completely terrible and dumb about most things

Basically the only topic the internet is good at providing actual useful research (without paying shitloads for access to research or things like westlaw/lexus nexus) on is programming and tech stuff.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Stick to low weight low reps or you risk getting too bulky!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
It's already to late for me to die young

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

CuteJen96 posted:

man the internet really loving loves starting strength like i just want to pick up heavy stuff and put it back down again but holy poo poo everytime you mention weights outside of this here thread it's GODDAMN STARTING STERNFGTH MAN WHERE ARE YOU AT HAVE YOU READ THE BOOK DONT DO ANYTHING ELSE YOULL PROBABLY KILL URSELF

reading is cool but ya the people who tell anyone wanting to start getting fit the cool way YO READ THIS ENTIRE BOOK BEFORE YOU EVEN LOOK AT A BARBELL are not exactly making many lunk converts

its like hey man, they're looking for advice because they want to get started now, just tell them the most vital stuff and give them a starter routine

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

the joeseph kony of cardio.. the the ceausescu of carb counting

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
the Magical Michael of butts

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

notZaar posted:

Do whatever you enjoy more. Can't take your muscles with you when you die.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

soy posted:

Basically the only topic the internet is good at providing actual useful research (without paying shitloads for access to research or things like westlaw/lexus nexus) on is programming and tech stuff.
even then you're bound to run into a bunch of nonsense from someone who can't understand why you'd rather write a two line function in your lovely throwaway code than three pages of boilerplate to conform to whatever coding style they crusade for

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Fidel Curlo
Josef Squattin
Adolph Fitler

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
just like, do stuff with proper technique so you dont screw up your joints and skelton

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Zzulu posted:

[planetfitness][/planetfitness]

In a week we're having a backyard barbecue at my gym topped off with a cake eating contest. It's gonna own.

We'll do some caber tosses and throw around some atlas stones too but if I'm being honest we're only including that so we can still pretend to be better than Planet Fitness.

I :love: powerlifting

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Neurolimal posted:

reading is cool but ya the people who tell anyone wanting to start getting fit the cool way YO READ THIS ENTIRE BOOK BEFORE YOU EVEN LOOK AT A BARBELL are not exactly making many lunk converts

its like hey man, they're looking for advice because they want to get started now, just tell them the most vital stuff and give them a starter routine

That and even as someone who enjoys lifting heavy stuff, almost everyone wants to look good at the very least as a secondary effect of their lifting and starting strength is poo poo for that goal.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

MaxxBot posted:

That and even as someone who enjoys lifting heavy stuff, almost everyone wants to look good at the very least as a secondary effect of their lifting and starting strength is poo poo for that goal.

If you don't lift at all SS is fine for looking good. At least better than the randomly doing whatever the guy at the planet fitness front desk suggests

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Zzulu posted:

just like, do stuff with proper technique so you dont screw up your joints and skelton

do good form, love your skeleton, be swole lift viking in life, swole skeleton warrior of the technoliches in cyber 2190

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Do whatever and be excellent to each other is a pretty good routine I think

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Neurolimal posted:

do good form, love your skeleton, be swole lift viking in life, swole skeleton warrior of the technoliches in cyber 2190

Everybody knows the biggest skeletons are the strongest, you cant lift yourself over 6 if you're born manlettish

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Yeah, starting strength is cool.....if you want to look like a centaur

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Poetic Justice posted:

Yeah, starting strength is cool.....if you want to look like a centaur

tbf cueball prolly has a nice rear end

lex luthor should prolly look into bosley and bench presses tho

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Dude has a gross body

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
That's decent I guess but why would somebody post that as if it was something impressive,,, that dude is still fat for one thing

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

i've heard of not skippin' leg day but sheesh almighty

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Dude has a gross body

Dont equineshame, horse-human miscegenation is beautiful

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

im starting to get disproportionate legs too but at least i dont have a penis (i lost mine doing starting strength)

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

she'll be p cute once she gets fit

swole encouragement makes swole world

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

She?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

you would think a rich person could afford to eat healthier things

• Locked thread