Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

They're both "attention whores" to Payne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Wait, Caitlyn Jenner? Isn't that news story a little stale by this point to just bring up "Caitlyn" and assume people know who you're talking about? I seriously had no idea.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Jurgan posted:

No, he's saying this person never had to take a real math class. It's true not everyone has to take Calculus, but you have to take some kind of math class, even if it's just "math for poets."

If you're in college and don't have a handle on basic arithmetic then that's not really college's fault. A jab at common core would have been more logical, but then TInsley wouldn't be able to make some tortured point about useless degrees making people terrible at the sales associate job that is all they can get with that useless degree.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

alnilam posted:

Wait, Caitlyn Jenner? Isn't that news story a little stale by this point to just bring up "Caitlyn" and assume people know who you're talking about? I seriously had no idea.

I think it's something to do with a new reality show or something?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Certain people like bringing up the fact that she's a Republican, as if it's some kind of master troll on lefties that will make their heads explode or something.

cf.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I told a lie earlier - I still have MORE Kuryniksy cartoons to share.

Peace proposals / arms for Israel
"UN Resolution" - "Hey, can you fellows give me a light, I can't read this."
"General, the UN delegation is here!
Distract with some rhetoric about the Arab aggression. "
Israel hires mercenaries from Europe. The first party recently arrived from Western Germany: "So what shall we start with, Oradour or 7 Majdanek.
A map of Great Israel
UN Resolution
"I really do not see the signal"
Ali-Babe and the 4 million thieves.
The UN as a Zionist target
Building Great Israel on Arab lands.
A shadow over Syria and Lebanon.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Slightly :nws:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

:eyepop: Coming out of nowhere with an extremely strong case in favor of a nuclear-armed Iran, it's Yaakov Kirschen :confuoot:

I thought the exact same thing, if it turns out Iran getting nukes motivates Israel and Palestine to have peace then I'm all for it.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TedRall/status/626726288326295552

Ted Rall posted:

In Paris, editors die alongside their cartoonists. In Los Angeles, editors assassinate their cartoonists' character.

Hey Ted, go gently caress yourself

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Ted Rall is a hilarious little baby bitch, wow.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
Ted Rall has blocked me on Twitter. I think I may have mentioned him a total of one time. What an amazingly thin skin he has.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Have the Iranians been waiting at the door for 9 years?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Xander77 posted:

Building Great Israel on Arab lands.

drat, I didn't know Freddy Got Fingered was such a subtle, biting commentary about conflict in the region:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

alnilam posted:

Well, an elephant never forgets.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

She's another conservative Republican who has a reality show and would probably garner a lot of support from Republican voters, pretty straightforward cartoon to me.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
So I made a thing a week or so ago, inspired by the glorious Quadcopter Death Mage Obama. It's a simple little arcade shooter where you fly around on a campaign of destruction against democracy and family values.

It's not any kind of complete game, but please enjoy 30 seconds of blowing up the Constitution and other artifacts.

OBAMANATION 2016

It requires the Unity plugin and runs in the browser. Arrow keys to move, Control to shoot.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Tobermory posted:

Eh...the Iran deal is incredibly significant and a major diplomatic feat. Paroling Pollard is a powerfully symbolic gesture towards appeasing Israel, and effectively meaningless in terms of actual realpolitik. Swapping symbolic gestures for actual political concessions is good diplomacy.

What I don't get is why Israel cares about Pollard at all. The guy wasn't an Israeli national and he wasn't even particularly loyal to them. He was a pure mercenary- as far as I know, he would have been just as likely to sell to their enemies. So why would Israel fight so hard to free him?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Jurgan posted:

What I don't get is why Israel cares about Pollard at all. The guy wasn't an Israeli national and he wasn't even particularly loyal to them. He was a pure mercenary- as far as I know, he would have been just as likely to sell to their enemies. So why would Israel fight so hard to free him?
Well it reflect poorly on Israel spying on the US which some think they should be allowed to do without repercussions. It probably has little to do with Pollard himself and politically is just a bargaining chip.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

colonel_korn posted:

Certain people like bringing up the fact that she's a Republican, as if it's some kind of master troll on lefties that will make their heads explode or something.

cf.

I think I've only seen one or two articles out there criticizing her for being a Republican from the left, but I've seen a whole lot of them criticizing her for making the transition to a woman from the right.

I'm honestly surprised Lester didn't draw flies coming off her to go with his already offensively drawn portrayal. They can't even pretend to be sympathetic.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Mirthless posted:

I think I've only seen one or two articles out there criticizing her for being a Republican from the left, but I've seen a whole lot of them criticizing her for making the transition to a woman from the right.

I'm honestly surprised Lester didn't draw flies coming off her to go with his already offensively drawn portrayal. They can't even pretend to be sympathetic.

Actually most Republicans have been really supportive, even Rick Santorum; it's only the real shitheads that have a problem with it and they are outliers.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Mulva posted:

Actually most Republicans have been really supportive, even Rick Santorum; it's only the real shitheads that have a problem with it and they are outliers.
I agree, this has what the majority of Republicans have shown. Because they can pretend they aren't uncomfortable, and say things like "oh she's so brave" etc. without actually supporting ENDA, bathroom bills, access to trans healthcare, or anything that actually affects transgender people.

Also why the rename, Hasters?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Wait is Hasters calling other people who are anti-trans "shitheads?" lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

zakharov posted:

People come around.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

zakharov posted:

Not to speak for people who are still around but I'm pretty sure Hasters is trying to go with a "new leaf" thing about transpeople. Whether or not it's sincere has yet to be seen.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
In case anyone doubted me when I said Indiana was treating the bear like the most exciting thing since sliced bread and the papers were doing daily updates on it, here is today's

Last updated 4 minutes ago!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Fried Chicken posted:

In case anyone doubted me when I said Indiana was treating the bear like the most exciting thing since sliced bread and the papers were doing daily updates on it, here is today's

Well if we don't talk about the bear we might have to talk about our terrible heroin issue.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Stroop There It Is posted:

I agree, this has what the majority of Republicans have shown. Because they can pretend they aren't uncomfortable, and say things like "oh she's so brave" etc. without actually supporting ENDA, bathroom bills, access to trans healthcare, or anything that actually affects transgender people.

Also why the rename, Hasters?

I'm trying to disassociate with my past stances on a lot of things without wiping out the historical record. It has to do with some things that happened in my family that I'm not going to get into, but that have changed my views about some things and trans* people specifically.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Fried Chicken posted:

I guess making a Twitter account for a living bear is better than making one for a dead raccoon.

You hear that Canada? We're still better than you!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

.Edward Penischin posted:

No Nazi reference? You're slipping, Rall!

In case you're reading this thread Ted here's a look into the future

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Glass

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Disgusting acts of character assassination such as: "listening to documentary evidence" and "acting accordingly"

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Mulva posted:

I'm trying to disassociate with my past stances on a lot of things without wiping out the historical record. It has to do with some things that happened in my family that I'm not going to get into, but that have changed my views about some things and trans* people specifically.
Makes sense. Anyway, I appreciate that you've changed your views, that isn't an easy thing to do. We need the help of everyone we can get, and there is no reason to demonize current allies who own up to past mistakes or misconceptions. I'm glad to have you on our side.

I am happy to start using your new name, in this difficult time of username transition. ;)

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Just came across some exclusive footage of Rall's firing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE5a98e15AU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Xenoveritas posted:

Ted Rall has blocked me on Twitter. I think I may have mentioned him a total of one time. What an amazingly thin skin he has.

Rall's brand of leftist has zero time for dissent, unless they're the source. That's why he could write that "they kill whites too" line in that comic. He obviously is so passionate about the issue that he has to moral high ground to say #AllLivesMatter without guilt.

He'd be a Libertarian if he changed a few positions.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Stroop There It Is posted:

Makes sense. Anyway, I appreciate that you've changed your views, that isn't an easy thing to do. We need the help of everyone we can get, and there is no reason to demonize current allies who own up to past mistakes or misconceptions. I'm glad to have you on our side.

I am happy to start using your new name, in this difficult time of username transition. ;)

Not me. You can't just change your username and it's disingenuous to say you can. He'll always be Hasters to me and you can't change my mind about this.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Just came across some exclusive footage of Rall's firing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE5a98e15AU

I was expecting a downfall edit, and was disappointed. :thumbsdown:

crosshatch
Dec 10, 2006

I really like that terrifying gorilla-bear hybrid.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

From genius behind "Wow, stuff happens!" comes this political cartoon

Oh, and I have some others

Sorry, this isn't like UK cartoonists where they actually draw the painting. Plagiarism is cool if the artist is dead, right?

Skynet's ascension was an incredible letdown.

"Oh god...is our demographic neutral evil?"

A young man once asked Bennett, "Why do we like you again?"

Well something's not right here.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Rorus Raz posted:

Sorry, this isn't like UK cartoonists where they actually draw the painting. Plagiarism is cool if the artist is dead, right?

Okay I think I'm looking at a guy having taken Dali's clocks, replaced them with touchscreen devices, and labelled the whole thing "Tom Brady".

why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Rorus Raz posted:

A young man once asked Bennett, "Why do we like you again?"

There sure has been an outpouring of hatred towards trophy hunting in general. I wonder if it will actually make a dent in its practice and legality?

• Locked thread